• Published 20th Jun 2012
  • 1,791 Views, 101 Comments

Welcome to Ponyville! - CharcoalShift



A series about A Stallion named Charcoal and how he meets the lively Ponies in Ponyville

  • ...
8
 101
 1,791

Hidden Feelings and Harsh Realities

It's pretty obvious that all the ponies in Ponyville, heck, even in all of equestria don't usually wear kinds of clothes that cover themselves up unless it's for a special event or there's an extreme cold front setting in. Everypony finds it normal to "be in the buff" so to speak. It's a bit different for Charcoal. In some sense he finds security wearing his vest and makes him feel covered. His vest on the bathroom sink, he sits in the tub, soaked with water and scrubs out the grease that covers his fur. Suddenly, the door opens and Charcoal quickly submerges himself up to his nose in the water.

It was Applejack, and she trots in like it was a normal thing. "Well hey there Charky, I'm here to take yer vest to get it washed" she said. Charcoal his blushing face in the tub as he looked at her. She giggled a bit as she took his vest "Now yer makin' it look like I walked in on you doin' somethin' bad". He looked back at the water and blew a few bubbles. She turned towards the door and began to trot off.

"Wait Apple--" Charcoal said before cutting himself off.

She turned "What is it Charky?” She had this vague, anticipating expression, as if she expected him to say something.

"N-nothing. Thank you for washing my vest for me...” He looked away, giving a quick glance before submerging himself in the water again.

"Oh... well yer welcome sugarcube" she said hesitantly, trotting out of the room. AppleBloom stood outside and looked at her, catching her by surprise.

"What in tarnation-- AppleBloom! Don't scare me like that!" Applejack jumped. AppleBloom gave a wide grin and trotted around Applejack in a circle.

"Ya'll were tryin' to take a peek at Mr. Charcoal in the nude weren't you?" she smirked.

"AppleBloom, all ponies are nude" Applejack said with a sigh.

"But you were tryin' to see him without his vest, peekin' at all his chest muscles an' all" she pestered. Applejack pictured it in her head and gave a small blush

"N-now don't be talkin' all this nonsense AppleBloom, I was just goin' in to get his vest so I can wash it" she said with upmost poise.

AppleBloom knew that was a straight up lie. The fact that Applejack would be remotely poised is what gave it away. So throughout the next day, AppleBloom followed her around, asking random questions about Charcoal and other things that she caught on to when she was with him. Applejack constantly dodged the questions and used excuses like: "I need to finish buckin' the apples" or "Big Mac needs my help" or even "Can't you see I'm workin'?” Soon after she gave up, and decided to see Charcoal in the barn. He turns to see her trot up to him with her mouth agape at the machine.

"Hey there AppleBloom. Came to see how the machine came along?" Charcoal said, being a little boastful at the newly repaired apple cider machine.

"It's amazin'. Can you turn it on? Pretty please?" she begged.

"I was just about to" he said, turning on the power to the machine. He had left the hatch open to examine the inside while the machine started up. It shook a bit and then began to run. However a piece from the machine shook violently and began to come out of place. Charcoal caught on and quickly turned towards AppleBloom

"Get out of here! This place is dangerous!" he yelled. AppleBloom looked at him with confusion and didn't understand. Suddenly, the loose part shot out from the machine and flew in her direction.