• Published 2nd Jun 2016
  • 2,828 Views, 56 Comments

Seven Elements of Harmony - Razor Blade the Unicron



When Twilight goes to find the Elements of Harmony, she discovers that there's a seventh element of harmony that they need.

  • ...
11
 56
 2,828

Less Than Seven Snipets

Author's Note:

This is basically just stuff about Crystal in some of the episodes. That's it.

"Zecora?" I asked, popping my head into her tree-house, "Are you here?"

"Indeed I am here, my dear Changeling friend," said Zecora, who was standing at a table filled with plants and herbs, "Is there something that makes your mind bend?"

"It's my cutie mark. I'd normally talk to my friends about this sort of thing, but I thought you would understand it better."

Zecora started to make some tea, and beckoned for me to come in.

"Come and tell me what it is that you find wrong, and please close the door so no monsters come along."

I shut the door behind me and stood at the table Zecora's was pouring tea at. I blew lightly on my tea to help is cool faster, and then turned to Zecora.

"Well, I thought I noticed it when I had turned into Rainbow Dash to help motivate Fluttershy, but I'd originally dismissed it. But I turned into her again to see if was right, and I was. It that... I keep my cutie mark when I change into other ponies."

"Your cutie mark is a simple green swirl, correct? Since you put it on, have you changed its effect?"

"No, I've always left it as a green swirl. I only made it into that because that was the first thing I thought of after being hit by Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom."

"Perhaps it was only the design that you chose. Maybe it is simply what the rainbow had imposed."

"You mean that this is really my cutie mark?"

"That is exactly what I am trying to say, you are a special Changeling starting even before that day."

I smiled at Zecora's word and had a sip of tea. Some things were too complicated for your best friends.


"A pet playdate?" I asked Pinkie, who had given me an invitation, "You mean we bring out pets so they can play with each other?"

"Yep!" said Pinkie, bouncing happily, "Unless you don't have a pet. Do you not have a pet?"

"No, I have a pet."

"Ooh! Who is your pet?"

"I'll go get her!"

I turned and went back into my house, walking up to my room. I had recently found her near the river, injured from something or other. I had brought her to Fluttershy so she could get better, and ended up keeping her as my pet when she healed.

"Inky!" I called as I entered my room, "Pinkie wants to meet you!"

I quickly picked her up and went back to Pinkie.

"Pinkie, this is Inky! She's a chameleon and can change colors!"

"Cool!" said Pinkie, looking closely as Inky changed from dark blue to green to match my mane, "You remind me of Gummy!"

"Your pet alligator?"

"Yep!"

"So, I'll definitely come the the pet playdate with Inky! Who else is coming?"

"Twilight is bringing Owlicious, Rarity is bringing Opal, Fluttershy is bringing Angel, Applejack is bringing Winona, and I'm bringing Gummy!"

"What about Rainbow?"

"She doesn't have a pet yet, so she's probably going to be napping!"

"Oh. Plus, if Rainbow had a pet, she would need one as 'cool' as her!"

Pinkie and I shared a laugh before she bounced off towards Sugarcube Corner.


"Uh, guys I have a question." I said as the train whooshed down the track.

"What is it?" asked Twilight.

"What's Hearth's Warming Eve?"

Everypony froze and stared at me.

"You don't know what Hearth's Warming Eve is?" asked Rarity.

"No, I've never even celebrated it!"

"Well, then we'll have to make this the best Hearth's Warming Eve ever!" said Rainbow.

"Yeah, but what is it?"

"Is celebrates love and friendship across Equestria!" said Pinkie.

"Love and friendship? That sounds like the best holiday ever!"

"It really is!" said Fluttershy.

"So, that's what the play is about?"

"It's about how Hearth's Warming came to be!" said Twilight, "And how the three pony tribes united to form Equestria!"

"In that case, I guess I can be every role!"

Everypony laughed at that, myself included.


I made sure to hold down the tree with my magic as the Flim-Flam brother's huge hose sucked all of the apples off of it. Most the leaves were also coming off, but my job was to keep them from uprooting any trees. I was currently in unicorn forme, as that's what Twilight had asked me to be.

Although... I thought, holding down another tree, Just a little shock couldn't hurt them...

Just as the two looked over to see how their hose was doing, I switched to my Changeling forme and gave them a grin showing my fangs. They were stunned for a moment, before continuing to yank apples off of the trees.

Oh mare... I really hope that Applejack's family wins this!


"Spike?" I asked, poking my head into the library, "Are you here?"

"I'm right here!" said Spike, running over to me, "Hey, Crystal! Do you need a book? A letter written? Twilight?"

"No, I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Oh! What?"

"You know how you went with those teenager dragons so you could see what dragons are really like?"

"Yeah, I just got back from that a few days ago!"

"Well, if you wanted to see a dragon close-up without fear of being eaten, you could have just asked me."

"Huh?"

"Well... Not exactly, but I can give myself scales, a tail, horns, and dragon wings!"

"You can really do that?"

"Yeah! Watch!"

My horn lit up green, and I concentrated hard. It was rather easy to switch between my pony formes and my Changeling forme, especially considering that I was in Changeling forme most of the time, but doing another species was something I hadn't even attempted yet. I was quickly surrounded by a green glow, which then faded away.

"Whoa!" said Spike in surprise.

I had three horns on my head, one of them for magic and the others for... whatever it was dragons did with their horns. My wings were larger and felt much thicker. I had a long tail with spikes going up it all the way up to my mane. Instead of hooves, I had claws, and my chitin had become thick scales instead.

"See?" I asked, happy that I had managed to pull it off.

"Wow!" said Spike, "Crystal, I can't believe you turned into a dragon for me!"

"Now let's go to Sugarcube Corner and eat all of the sapphire cupcakes they have!"


"Did Gabby Gums say anything about me?" I asked nervously, grabbing the newspaper Twilight had with my magic.

"Well..." said Twilight, trailing off as I found the article that I was looking for.

The title of the article was Crystal Bugs Ponies. Everypony was completely silent.

"Okay, who is this Gabby Gums and when can I get my revenge on her for this terrible pun?"