• Published 2nd Jun 2016
  • 2,828 Views, 56 Comments

Seven Elements of Harmony - Razor Blade the Unicron



When Twilight goes to find the Elements of Harmony, she discovers that there's a seventh element of harmony that they need.

  • ...
11
 56
 2,828

Seven Stories of a Rainbow

Until I heard Rainbow Dash tell the Cutie Mark Crusaders her cutie mark story, I had never really considered why I had given my pony forme its cutie mark. I knew that I had to, as all ponies earned their cutie mark at a point in their lives, but I hadn't thought about why it was a green swirl since the day I chose it.

"And that, little ones, is how you earn a cutie mark." said Rainbow, finishing off her story.

"Whooooaaaa..." said the CMC in awe.

"Wait a second," said Fluttershy softly, "I heard that explosion. And I saw the rainbow, too. Rainbow Dash, if you hadn't scared the animals, I never would have learned I could communicate with them and gotten my cutie mark!"

"I heard that boom!" said Pinkie joyfully, "And right afterwards, there was this amazing rainbow that taught me to smile!"

When Ah got mah cutie mark," said Applejack, "Ah saw a rainbow that pointed me home! Ah bet it was yer sonic rainboom!"

"There was an explosion I could never explain when I got my cutie mark!" said Rarity.

"This is uncanny!" cried out Twilight, "If that explosion didn't happen when it did, I would have blown my entrance exam! Rainbow Dash, I think you helped me earn my cutie mark too!"

"Whoa!" said Rainbow in surprise.

"We all owe our cutie marks to you!" said Pinkie.

"Do you realize what this means?" asked Fluttershy, "All of us had a special connection before we even met."

"We've been BFFs forever and we didn't even know it!" said Rarity.

"What 'bout you, Crystal?" asked Applejack.

All eight ponies in the room turned towards me eagerly.

"We wanna hear your cutie mark story!" said Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle.

"So do we!" said Twilight.

"Well," I said, "I didn't really earn my cutie mark..."

"How can somepony somewhat earn their cutie mark?" asked Rainbow.

I gave a small smile, "I'll tell you. I was just a ling when I got my cutie mark. I-"

"What's a ling?" asked Rarity.

"It's like a foal, except instead of a pony, it's a Changeling."

...

An Earth pony filly with a gray coat and a black mane walked slowly through the desert, squinting to see through the swirling sand. She had been travelling for a several days, and was beginning to feel week with hunger.

"Please have more left in the crystal..."* she muttered fearfully, "Please..."*

She found minimal shelter from the blowing sand behind a large sand dune, and untied a necklace with a black crystal from around her neck. She examined it for a moment before retying the necklace around herself and sitting down with a dejected look on her face.

"It's empty..."* she felt her eyes fill up with tears that were not from the sand stinging her eyes, "It can't help feed me anymore..."*

Giving out a sigh, she dropped her disguise and became a Changeling. She was only a ling, but she was alone with no protection or safety.

"Why did I have to be so foolish? Everyling except for me did what they were supposed to do, but I didn't! I was supposed to change to look like all the other lings, but nope! I couldn't! So I got evicted!"*

She used to live in a hive with other Changelings. All of them lived under the rule of Queen Chrysalis, and everyling obeyed her rule. At a certain age, all lings would go through the process of becoming integrated into the true hive. When one became a part of the true hive, they got a job, a place to sleep, and changed appearance to match all of the other Changelings. However, when she had been put through the natural changing process, her forme remained unchanged, so she was banished.

Before being removed from the hive, Chrysalis had done several formalities. She had stated the reasons for her banishment, warned her of the dangers of ponies, and had given her a collecting crystal. Collecting crystals did just what the name implied: they collected love for a Changeling to feed on. Depending on how full it was, the crystal would change it's color. If it was empty, it would just be black and dull. If it was completely full, it would be a deep red. The less love, the paler the color until turning black from being empty. As soon as a collecting crystal turned black, it was useless, and could no gather any more love. She had been given a full one, and was told to use it sparingly.

And then she was thrown out. Never to return. She had cried for several hours, but then realized what she needed to do: everything possible to survive. Though she had no received her full education, she knew that Changelings could turn into ponies by seeing them and copying their formes. She also knew that ponies feared Changelings, and would try and attack them if they were found out. But she needed to find a pony town to obtain love. So she had began to travel through the desert to find a pony town.

After three days of travelling, she had found something of interest. It was a page from a book, partially buried in the sand. Though it looked old, it was in perfect condition, and written in Changelish, too. The page had a picture of pony (specifically an Earth pony filly) with a gray coat and a black mane. The pony was just on the page, and the caption underneath said "Basic Earth pony filly, important." So she had copied the pony's image, and had tucked the page into her mane.

She also had to take some of the love out of her crystal, as she had been extremely hungry. She had made sure that she only had a certain amount every day, and would make sure it would get filled up again when she reached a pony town.

"Ugh... I'm tired of walking!"* she stamped her hoof before looking up at the sky, "That's it! I'm flying!"*

She changed from an Earth pony to a pegasus, and took into the sky. The sand stung as it whipped by, but she ignored it as she flew free from the sandstorm. She began flying as fast as possible, even though it she was tired and weak. She needed love.

"Got to find a pony town... Can't run out of love..."*

After only a few minutes, she was flying as fast as she had been walking in the sandstorm. At least there wasn't anymore sand in her eyes.

"Ugh... Flying's tiring..."*

She looked off into the distance to see if there was any signs of a town, but instead saw something extremely odd. There was a large blast of colors coming towards her, like a rainbow. She had never seen one before, but knew what it was from a single picture in a book.

"A rainbow? Weird... Looks like it coming right at-"*

The odd rainbow came blasting through her and she went spiraling out of control. The green section of the rainbow had hit her, and she even saw her mane and tail change color. She looked around to see a green swirl forming around her, before there was a flash of light, and she found herself standing in the middle of a pony park. Quickly glancing around in confusion and worry, she saw pony fillies with "cutie marks" running around with smiles. She quickly changed so the green spiral was on her flank, and felt a tap on her shoulder.

"Excuse me, young filly," said a kind looking mare, "I haven't seen you around here before, are you lost?"

"Um... Yes..." she replied nervously.

"Where are your parents?"

"I don't know."

"You don't?!?"

"No."

"Oh, then come with me so we can try and find them, okay?"

"Okay."

"What's your name, by the way?"

She quickly glanced around before seeing the deep red crystal on her necklace.

"Crystal. I'm Crystal. I like green swirls."


"And that's how I got my cutie mark!" I finished.

"So you got your cutie mark after being hit by Rainbow Dash's sonic rainboom?" asked Scootaloo excitedly.

"I guess that's what it was... So, yes!" I turned towards Rainbow Dash, "Next time, try not to hit me so hard!"

"Hey!" she retorted with no real effort.

"So all of us have a connection Rainbow's sonic rainboom!" said Twilight.

"We really have all been BFFs forever without knowing it!" said Rarity.

We then all shared a group hug. None of us could help it!

"I'm so glad we're friends!" said Fluttershy.

"I love you, guys!" said Pinkie.

"Awwww..." said Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle.

"Ewwww..." groaned Scootaloo, "Gimme a break. Come on, Crusaders! Maybe we just need to try zip lining again."

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle grabbed Scootaloo and had a group hug, causing Scootaloo to sigh in irritation.

"Hey," said Fluttershy, "How about a song?"

Almost everypony gave their approval towards this.

"Definitely!" said Pinkie.

"Nooooo!!!!!!!" cried out Scootaloo in horror, "No more songs and mushiness!!!!!!!!!!"