• Published 2nd Jun 2016
  • 2,828 Views, 56 Comments

Seven Elements of Harmony - Razor Blade the Unicron



When Twilight goes to find the Elements of Harmony, she discovers that there's a seventh element of harmony that they need.

  • ...
11
 56
 2,828

Two Tickets, Seven Ponies

It had been a few days since I had become a Bearer of one of the Elements of Harmony and got friends. We had all started to get to know each other better, specifically me, as I was the most unknown of the group. I soon learned the most basic facts about my friends: Rainbow Dash wanted to be a Wonderbolt, Applejack wanted to have a nice farm, Rarity wanted to be a famous clothing designer, Pinkie Pie just wanted to befriend ponies (no surprise there), Fluttershy just wanted everypony to be nice and caring (again, no surprise), and Twilight Sparkle was Princess Celestia's student, and would be sending her "friendship reports".

I had adjusted to being more open about myself, such as by being in Changeling forme more than I usually would be (as in I actually showed myself as a Changeling instead of staying how I normally would be). My friends never seemed to mind what I was, but I hoped that they wouldn't find out about the rest of my colony and start being mean to me.

I had just been taking a stroll (in my Earth pony forme), when I heard Rarity. I walked up to say hi to her, when I noticed that she was also with Twilight and Pinkie.

"Twilight," said Rarity, "I simply cannot believe you would invite Pinkie Pie so she can... party, and prevent me from meeting my true love! How could you? Hmph!"

I noticed Fluttershy's pet bunny run up to Spike and then run towards Fluttershy, who looked like she had just been walking by.

"Angel, these are perfect!" she said softly and happily.

"Uh, listen guys," said Twilight, oblivious to the fact that me and Fluttershy were nearby, "I haven't decided who to give the extra ticket to,"

"You haven't?" asked Rarity and Pinkie simultaneously.

'What are they talking about?' I thought.

"Um, excuse me, Twilight," piped up Fluttershy softly, "I would just like to ask, I mean, if it would be all right, if you haven't given it to someone else--"

"You?" asked Rarity in shock, "You want to go to the gala?"

'Are they talking about the Grand Galloping Gala?'

"Oh, no. I mean, yes, or, actually, kind of. You see, it's not so much The Grand Galloping Gala as it is the wondrous private gated garden that surrounds the dance. The flowers are said to be the most beautiful and fragrant in all of Equestria. For the night of the gala, and that night alone, would they all be in bloom... and that's just the flora! Don't get me started on the fauna. There's loons and toucans and bitterns, oh my! Hummingbirds that can really hum, and buzzards that can really buzz. White-blue jays, and red jays, and green jays, pink jays and pink flamingos!"

"Gee, Fluttershy," said Twilight awkwardly, "It sounds... beautiful...?"

"Are you guys talking about the Grand Galloping Gala?" I asked.

"Yeah!" said Pinkie, "Twilight has an extra ticket to the gala and doesn't know who she wants to invite!"

"I've always wanted to go to the gala!" I said, excited.

"Really?" asked Fluttershy, "I wouldn't expect you to be one for a large crowd,"

"Well, I actually just want to see all the beautiful art! The stained glass windows, the statues, the castle! They must all be so beautiful! And I would get to look at all of the wonderful, beautiful art all night, and maybe I could show off some of my artwork! And then I would be able to show ponies how amazing my art is, and they would say things like, 'That Crystal is such an amazing artist, I wouldn't be surprised if her artwork ended up in a museum!' It would be amazing!"

In my head, I also added on: And if anypony ever saw me as a Changeling, my artwork would make up for the fact that I am one!

"Wait just a minute!" said Rainbow, suddenly flying down.

"Rainbow Dash!" shouted Twilight angrily, "Were you following me?"

"No! I mean, yes. I mean, maybe! Look, it doesn't matter. I couldn't risk a goody-four-shoes like you giving that ticket away to just anypony!"

"Wait just another minute!" said Applejack, suddenly trotting up to Rainbow.

"Applejack, were you following me too?" asked Twilight in an exasperated voice.

"No! I was followin' this one to make sure she didn't try any funny business. Still trying to take mah ticket,"

"Your ticket?" asked Rainbow.

"But Twilight's taking me!" said Pinkie.

All of us (except for Twilight) started arguing over who would get the ticket.

"QUIET!" yelled Twilight.

"And then I said, 'Oatmeal, are you craz--' oh," said Pinkie, still "arguing".

"Girls, there's no use in arguing," said Twilight, impatiently.

"But Twilight-" whined Rarity.

"This is my decision, and I'm gonna make it on my own, and I certainly can't think straight with all this noise... not to mention hunger! Now go on, shoo,"

We all grumbled, wanting the ticket ourselves.

"And don't worry, I'll figure this out... somehow,"

Twilight (and Spike) walked off towards a restaurant to grab some lunch. As they walked off, I got an idea to give Twilight a present or something so she would want to give me the ticket! I just had to see all that beautiful art! I ran home quickly and started working on a present that Twilight would love.

During the next hour, I worked with some clay that I had left over from a sculpture I had made for Bon-Bon. Using my hooves, I formed it into the shape of a textbook and then changed into a unicorn so I could "bake" it with my magic. I switched to my pegasus forme and held my paint brush in my wing. I painted quicker than I normally would, but I was in a rush.

I finished in just under half an hour, so I rushed towards the Golden Oak Library. I noticed that Pinkie Pie was also heading towards the library, and it looked like Fluttershy was already there. I ran up to the door and opened it quickly.

"Hey Twilight! Look what I made for you!" I said as casually as possible.

"Not you too!" she said.

"What do you mean?" I asked innocently, "I just made you a book out of clay!"

"I'm not just going to give you the ticket." said Twilight.

I sighed as Twilight left the library with Spike. Outside I heard some voices and music.

"SURPRISE!"

"Twilight is my bestest friend!" sang Pinkie, "Whoopie! Whoopie!"

"Pinkie..." said Twilight.

"She's the cutest, smartest, all around best pony!"

"Pinkie."

"I bet if I throw a super-duper fun party, party!"

"Pinkie!"

"She'll give her extra ticket to the Gala to me!"

"PIIINKIIIE!!!"

"Yes, Twilight?" asked Pinkie normally.

"At least the other ponies tried to be subtle about the ticket."

I blushed with embarrassment, and noticed that Fluttershy did as well.

"Wait, what ticket? What gala?" asked a pony outside.

"Oh, you didn't know?" said Pinkie, "Twilight has an extra ticket to the Grand Galloping Gala!"

"The Grand Galloping Gala?!?" asked the crowd outside.

I heard ponies shouting out favors, presents, anything. Had we really been doing that, too?

"What we gonna do?" asked Spike.

"We're... gonna... run!" yelled Twilight.

I heard Twilight run away with the crowd following after her. Then, Pinkie Pie came into the library with Rarity, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash.

"Were we really doing that to Twilight, too?" asked Fluttershy.

"No!" said Rainbow, "Well, maybe..."

"I think we were doing the same thing that the ponies outside are doing." I said.

"It's no wonder that Twilight is so upset!" said Rarity.

"Yeah!" said Pinkie, "We were being somewhat-meanies!"

Suddenly, Twilight and Spike were inside of the library.

"Now quick, lock the doors!" said Twilight before turning around and seeing us, "Yaaaargh! I can't decide, I just can't decide. It's important to all of you and I just can't stand to disappoint any of you, and giving me gifts and doing me favors won't make any difference, because you're all my friends and I wanna make you all happy and I can't, I just can't!"

"Twilight, sugar," said Applejack guiltily, "I didn't mean to put so much pressure on you, and if it helps, I don't want the ticket anymore. You can give it to somepony else. I won't feel bad, I promise."

"Me too," added on Fluttershy, "I feel just awful that I made you feel so awful."

"And me too!" piped up Pinkie, "It's no fun upsetting your friends!"

"Twilight, it was unfair of me to try to force you as I did." said Rarity.

"Yeah," I said somewhat nervously, "We were acting all silly about a ticket..."

"Yes!" said Rainbow happily, "That means the ticket is mine! Ha ha, I got the ticket, I got the ticket-" Rainbow paused and looked at the five of us, realizing that we were glaring at her, "You know, I haven't perfected my signature moves for the Wonderbolts anyway. I don't need that ticket either."

"We all got so gun-ho about going to the gala that we couldn't see how un-gun-ho we were making you." said Applejack.

"We're sorry, Twilight." we all said guiltily.
Twilight Sparkle nodded in forgiveness and then said, "Spike, take down a note:" Spike pulled out some parchment and a quill, "Dear Princess Celestia, I've learned that one of the joys of friendship is sharing your blessings, but when there's not enough blessings to go around, having more than your friends can make you feel pretty awful. So, though I appreciate the invitation, I will be returning both tickets to The Grand Galloping Gala."

"What?!?" we asked in shock over what Twilight had said.

"If my friends can't all go, I don't want to go either." declared Twilight.

"Twilight, you don't have to do that." said Applejack in complete surprise.

"Nope. I've made up my mind. Spike, you can send the letter now."

Spike opened up a window and blew on the scroll. It was covered in his dragon fire, and then magically flew away.

"Now you won't get to go to the gala either." said Fluttershy.

"It's okay, girls," said Twilight with complete honesty, "I couldn't possibly enjoy myself without my best friends there with me, so I would rather not go at all."

Ran went into a group hug and Spike started to make gagging noises out of disgust.

"Well wallop my withers, Spike," said Applejack, "Isn't that just like a boy? Can't handle the least bit of sentiment."

Spike breathed again and popped out a scroll.

"Whoa Nelly!" cried Applejack, ducking out of the way.

"A letter from the princess?" said Twilight happily, "That was fast!"

"My faithful student Twilight," read Spike, "Why didn't you just say so in the first place?" Spike pulled out seven ticket, "Seven tickets to the Grand Galloping Gala!"

We all gasped in shock.

"Now we can all go!" exclaimed Twilight happily.

We cheered in happiness and celebrated a bit. Twilight's stomach rumbled and she laughed nervously.

"Allow us to treat you to dinner." said Rarity.

"What a great way to apologize!" said Rainbow Dash as we walked outside, each grabbing our ticket.

"And to celebrate!" added on Pinkie, "Come on everyone, the cupcakes are on me!"

"Does anypony know how these things are floating in front of us?" I asked as the ticket hovered in front of me.

Author's Note:

Curse you finals and my negligence to work on this...