• Published 2nd Jun 2016
  • 2,829 Views, 56 Comments

Seven Elements of Harmony - Razor Blade the Unicron



When Twilight goes to find the Elements of Harmony, she discovers that there's a seventh element of harmony that they need.

  • ...
11
 56
 2,829

"Discord" Has Seven Letters

"I love it when Princess Celestia comes to Ponyville!" declared Pinkie, holding up her hoof, "I got my hooves shined just like Rarity for the occasion!"

Pinkie's hoof sparkled from being so shiny, and Rarity looked into it.

"You like?" asked Pinkie.

"I certainly do!" said Rarity, looking at herself.

Rainbow and I both rolled our eyes.

"I’m surprised she’s not here yet." said Twilight, nervously pacing around.

"I wonder what’s taking so long." said Spike.

"And where are Applejack and Fluttershy?"

"Fluttershy’s helping Applejack with a flooding or something at Sweet Apple Acres," I said, "They'll be here soon."

"But I still don’t get why the Princess would be so late!" said Spike.

"She’s bringing an important visitor," pointed out Twilight, "That could be part of it." (Rainbow flies over to them.)

"A visitor who is important and slow!" groaned Rainbow.

"Maybe it’s somepony so terribly important," said Rarity, "They still had many more terribly important things to do before they got here."

Spike let out a gasp.

"Maybe the visitor has a deer antler, a goat leg, a bat wing, and a snake tail!" he said nervously.

"Yeah, right," said Twilight, "That’s Discord!"

"Why in the wide wide world of Equestria would Princess Celestia bring along someone like that?" asked Rarity.

"Maybe you should ask her!" said Spike, pointing at the chariot that had just landed.

In one of the chariots was Princess Celestia, and in the other was the statue that was Discord. We all gasped in surprise, and Twilight took in a deep breath as Princess Celestia got up and walked over to us.

"With all due respect, Princess Celestia," said Twilight, "HOW COULD YOU BRING DISCORD HERE?!? Ahem, your Majesty."

"I’m fully aware that the last time Discord was here he created serious havoc." said Princess Celestia calmly.

"If by 'serious havoc' you mean turning Ponyville into the chaos capital of the world!" cried Rainbow.

"And tricking us all into being the opposite of our true selves." added on Rarity.

"And making yummy, delicious chocolate milk rain all over the place without a single dollop of whipped cream to go with it anywhere in sight!" cried Pinkie, "Not a single dollop!"

"He wasn't all bad..." I mumbled to myself.

"I understand why you would have concerns," said Princess Celestia, "But I have use for Discord’s magic, if it can be reformed to serve good instead of evil. This is why I’ve brought Discord here: because I believe that you are the ponies who can help him do just that."

"This will never work!" cried Spike, 'This is a disaster! How will we ever control him? We’re doomed!"

"Need I remind you that you are the ponies who turned him back into stone like this in the first place?"

"Well..." said Twilight, "I suppose we can just use the Elements of Harmony against him again if he gets out of hoof..."

"Uh, w-we probably need a volunteer to run away from here right away to get them!" said Spike, "I’ll do it!"

"No need, Spike," said Princess Celestia, lifting up a box with her magic, "I have them right here," she opened the box to show all seven Elements, "And I’ve cast a spell so Discord can’t take them and hide them again."

We all gave a small sigh of relief.

"Now where is Fluttershy?" asked Princess Celestia, "I believe she may know best how to begin reforming Discord."

"Fluttershy?" asked Rainbow, "Really?"

"The Element of Kindness seems like the best idea for befriending an enemy."

"Alright, I'll go get her and Applejack real quick!" said Rainbow, flying off towards Sweet Apple Acres.

After what seemed like only a few seconds, Rainbow returned with Applejack and Fluttershy. Princess Celestia explained to Fluttershy the plan of reforming Discord.

"I realize that this is a tall order," said Princess Celestia, "But I wouldn’t ask if I weren’t confident you could get him to use magic obediently of his own free will."

"And…" said Fluttershy nervously, "You really think I’ll know best how to do that?"

"I do." said Princess Celestia, lifting up Fluttershy's chin.

"Just me? All alone with Discord?"

"No, I believe that Crystal will also be of great assistance."

Everypony turned towards me.

"Why me?" I asked.

"Because you, unlike the rest of your friends, were given kindness from Discord. If he has been kind to you before, he will most likely do it again." Princess Celestia flew back on to her chariot, "But now I must return to Canterlot for Equestria’s royal summit. You may release Discord when ready."

The chariot was towed away, leaving us, our Elements, and Discord's statue. My friends turned back towards me, looking curious.

"What was this 'kind thing' that Discord did?" asked Rainbow, "Or did he just hypnotize you into thinking he did something nice?"

"Rainbow, he only hypnotized me into being a coward," I said, "He just put a magic lock on my necklace," I pulled my crystal out of my mane and held it out, "See?"

Twilight picked up my necklace with her magic and tried to untie the knot on the back. The knot shimmered with yellow magic, and Twilight was unable to untie it.

"But Crystal," said Twilight nervously, "Can you untie it?"

"I've never taken this off since I got it," I said very seriously, "I don't plan on taking it off any time soon."

"Okay then, girls," said Twilight, "Guess it’s time to get started," she picked up the Elements with her magic and gave us each our corresponding one, "Let’s just hope this releasing spell works."

"Or let’s not!" suggest Spike nervously.

"We’d best keep our Elements on at all times until further notice, so Discord can't get his claws or paws on them without us knowing about it."

"Check!" we all said, nodding in agreement.

We all stood in a circle around Discord, and Twilight's horn lit up. Her Element began to emit a pink glow which washed over the area. We were lifted into the air one at a time as our Elements also began to glow their corresponding colors and let out their shapes. The colors swirled around us and formed a rainbow, which spun around Twilight and launched towards Discord. With a crack of stone, Discord was released, and let out a large yawn.

"Well, it’s about time somepony got me out of that prison block!" said Discord, "What a relief!" he snapped his paw and transformed a nearby squirrel to a brute.

"What do you think you’re doing?!?" yelled Twilight angrily.

"Why, stretching, of course! When you’re a creature of chaos, stone bodysuits aren’t your typical go-to fashion choice!" he snapped his talons and transformed a rabbit into a brute, too.

"Make that bunny cute again!" yelled Pinkie, "Now!"

"Oh, but he’s adorable the way he is!" said Discord, stroking its head and moving out of the way before it bit him, "You know what else is adorable? You ponies truly believe that you can reform me…" he looked over all of us and pointed at Fluttershy, "…and that you’re putting your faith in this one here to make it happen!"

"Crystal's helping, too..." whispered Fluttershy.

"Why of course I know that!" said Discord, appearing in front of me, "How could I forget my favorite Element of Harmony: the Element that doesn't actually exist!"

I glared at Discord and slapped his paw away as her reached for my Element.

"How did you know about that?" demanded Twilight.

"Being turned to stone doesn’t keep me from hearing every word Celestia says," said Discord bluntly before removing his eyes, tossing them on the ground, and appearing where they landed, "Although I admit, it makes rolling my eyes a challenge."

"Well, unless you want us to turn you back to stone, you’ll zap those animals back the way they were, pronto!"

"Oh, you wouldn’t dare turn me back to stone and risk disappointing your precious Princess!"

"Try us, Dip-cord!" yelled Rainbow, jumping into a fighting stance.

"You think you can treat poor defenseless animals like that and get away with it?" asked Fluttershy angrily, flying up to Discord.

You go, Fluttershy!"

"You best watch your step, buster, or I’ll give you…" Fluttershy opened her eyes wide and menacingly as possible, "…the Stare!"

"The Stare?" cried Discord mockingly, "Oh, no, please, not that! Anything but your disapproving eyeballs!"

Fluttershy glared at Discord, giving him the stare. He pretended to be falling for it, when he stopped and burst into laughter.

"You’re hilarious!" said Discord, much to Fluttershy's surprise.

"If it turns out we need to use our Elements against you," threatened Twilight, "I’m sure we can convince Princess Celestia it was for a good reason!"

"I suppose that’s correct," groaned Discord, snapping and returning the animals back to normal, "Are you happy now?" Twilight glared at him, "Well, it looks like I know where I’ll be crashing while I’m being 'reformed'," Discord grabbed Fluttershy, "At your place, dear Fluttershy!"

I flashed a look of concern towards Fluttershy, who shook her head confidentially.

"But Crystal will also be coming." she said.

"But of course!" said Discord, also grabbing me, "It'll be the two of you 'reforming' me!"

Both of us gulped nervously.


"He may be horrible," said Fluttershy, neatly putting away books, "But that doesn’t mean we have to act the same way. We should at least try to be hospitable."

"Definitely." I said.

"You don’t mind giving up your favorite spot on the couch, do you, Angel Bunny?" Fluttershy pointed to where Discord was currently lying down, which made Angel hop over and kick him; Fluttershy quickly grabbed Angel and held him away from Discord, "Oh, I’m sorry about Angel. Are you all right?"

"Oh, yes!" said Discord being so polite that even I found it suspicious, "Thank you, Fluttershy, for your concern. If only your pony friends could be as considerate."

"Hey!" I cried.

"Technically you're not a pony." he bluntly pointed out.

"Don’t listen to him, guys!" said Rainbow, angrily flying up to Discord, "He’s just trying to drive a wedge between us like he always does!"

"Now why in the world would I ever try to do a thing like that?" asked Discord, feigning innocence.

"So we can’t unite and use the Elements of Harmony against you, that’s why!"

"Why, I never thought of that!"

"You big liar!"

Discord instantly shrunk down to a smaller size.

"Look who's the lair now!" he said, "As you can see, I'm clearly not big!"

Discord changed back to normal size, accidentally shattering one of Fluttershy's lamps.

"Oops!" he said, snapping and turning it into a lamp that looked like himself, "There! All better."

"I can’t watch," said Applejack, exiting with Rarity and Rainbow.

"We’ll be outside!" said Rainbow, Spike following them.

"You sure you’re okay with this?" asked Twilight.

"I know it’s not gonna be easy," said Fluttershy, "But Princess Celestia is counting on us, right Crystal?" she turned around, and I nodded in agreement, and Fluttershy turned back towards Twilight, "And I think I actually know what to do."

"You do?"

Fluttershy leaned close to Twilight and whispered in her ear. I nudged Angel once more with my hoof before Fluttershy turned back around.

"You'd better watch that goat-legged step of yours, pal!" snapped Twilight.

In a quick flash of light, Discord had donned a light blue suit jacket, a white shirt, a matching top hat, and a monocle.

"What?" asked Discord in mock-shock, taking sip of tea, "Look at me. I’m practically reformed already."

Fluttershy and I both gave Twilight the best smiles possible, and she nervously exited.

"I'm going to grab something to eat, real quick," said Fluttershy, "Do either of you want anything?"

"Thank you for the offer, you sweet little Fluttershy," said Discord, ditching his outfit, "But I'm just fine!"

"I'm good." I said.

Fluttershy nodded before flying into the other room. Discord snapped his claws and a bowl appeared in front of him. He held out the bowl in front of me, and snapped his claws again.

"Want some?" he asked.

"Is that paper?" I asked.

"But of course!" I blinked as Discord took out a handful and ate it.

"... What's it taste like?"

"Whatever you want it to taste like, dear Crystal!"

I levitated out a single piece and took a bite. To my surprise, it tasted just like popcorn, and even felt like I was eating popcorn. Discord smiled as I levitated out more pieces, and ate them, too.

"Discord?" said Fluttershy, walking into the room, "There you are. Listen, Discord. I just want to make sure you know that if there’s anything I can do to…" she trailed off, seeing what Discord and I were eating, "Uh… Um… Are you eating… Paper?"

"It actually tastes good!" I said.

Fluttershy blinked, but then resumed talking.

"Well I’m just heading out," she said, walking over to the door, "So you just make yourself at home while I’m gone. Crystal, are you okay with that?"

"It's completely fine!" I said, "You just go run your errands."

Fluttershy nodded, before exiting her cottage and gently shutting the door behind her.

"Bye-bye, have a nice time!" called Discord, "Everything is fine here, bye-bye!"

"And it will stay that way." I said firmly.

"But of course! I'm just going to do one itsy-bitsy thing to make this feel more like home, since Fluttershy said that I could!"

"What?"

Discord snapped his talons, and there was a large rumbling. Fluttershy's cottage was abruptly yanked out of the ground, floated into the air and began to spin. I instantly flew into the air, so as the cottage turned, I wouldn't turn with it. In the middle of everything, Discord laid on couch which was floating in the air.

"What do you think?" asked Discord calmly, "Pretty homely, isn't it?"

"Depends on your opinion," I said, lighting up my horn and grabbing any items that were falling, "But I think I'll prevent anything from being broken, in case Fluttershy actually likes her stuff."

"Well if you think she likes her stuff, I suppose I'll just make it easier..."

Discord snapped his claws again and the items that had been falling returned to where they originally been, and stayed there even though the cottage was still spinning. The only thing that wasn't staying in place was Angel, who landed on my back, shivering with fear. I smiled, glad that something was getting through to Discord.

Fluttershy came back later, looking very surprised at the fact that her house was floating and spinning. Though, she was very glad that nothing had been broken, and was even happier that I had convinced him to do so.

"Do you know what that means?" she whispered, "We're getting through to him!"

"Of course we are!" I whispered back, "Discord isn't heartless, or anything like that!"

"You know," said Discord as we both flew over to him, "I think Princess Celestia was right when she singled you two out as the ones who could reform me! You’re off to such a good start, I’m seriously considering actually being reformed!"

"Fluttershy! Crystal!" came Twilight's voice from outside, "Girls, can you hear me?"

"Goodness!" said Fluttershy, "I hear Twilight!"

"We'll be right back." I said to Discord before flying outside with Fluttershy.

We landed on the ground in front of Spike and Twilight, who were both staring up at the cottage with looks of shock.

"We’ve come to get you away from Discord," declared Twilight, "He’s just terrible and, from the looks of it, completely out of control!"

"No, no," said Fluttershy, "We’re making great progress!"

"Seriously?" asked Spike and Twilight at the same time.

"We're earning his trust by giving him a little space to be himself."

"Hate to break it to you," said Spike, "But he used that 'space to be himself' to tear out all the reforming spells from the library!"

"Oh, so that's where he got the paper popcorn from!" I said.

"Paper popcorn?" asked Twilight.

"Yeah, it tasted really good!"

"WHAT?!? He ate them?!?"

"But we aren’t gonna need a spell. He’s already really considering being reformed. He even said so."

"And you believed him?"

"If we're going to be his friend," said Fluttershy, "We have to start by giving him the benefit of the doubt. Tell you what: bring everypony over for a dinner party this evening and I’ll bet his manners will have really improved by then." Fluttershy flew back up towards her cottage, and stopped at the door, "I’ll even get him to put the cottage back on the ground first." she flew inside.

"All right," said Twilight with a sigh, "Dinner it is. Crystal, are you sure that Discord is coming around?"

"Twi," I said, "All he's done is spin Fluttershy's cottage around in the air to make it feel more like home."

"He ate pages out of my books!"

"What were you going to do with a reforming spell, anyways? Force him to be reformed?"

"Well-"

"That would be no different than him hypnotizing us again."

I flew back up to the cottage and went inside, feeling like this dinner party was just the thing to show the others how far DIscord had already come.


Discord had set everything up himself, including the table, the seats, the food, and a chandelier hanging above the table. He had dressed up in a suit and tie, and had given himself a slightly curled black mustache. He even greeted the others as they came in.

"Our pony guests!" said Discord, snapping his claws so a red carpet appeared, "We’re so delighted that you’ve come. Please, do come in."

The six of them (since Spike had also come) looked nervously at each other, but both Fluttershy and I had on large s.miles

"See what a beautiful job he did helping?" I asked, "Discord set the entire table himself."

"May I take your hats, ladies?" asked Discord, reaching for Twilight's Element, before she quickly backed away.

"Hang on to your Elements, girls," whispered Twilight to the others, "It’s gonna be a bumpy night."

We all sat down at the table and took some food. Everypony kept glancing nervously at Discord, but Fluttershy and I both sat next to him with happy, confident looks.

"As you all know," said Fluttershy, "Princess Celestia hoped we’d help Discord use his magic for good instead of evil." Discord nodded just as Pinkie Pie took a huge bite out of her mashed potatoes, "Pinkie Pie, care for some gravy?"

"You bet!" said Pinkie happily.

"Allow me." said Discord.
In a flash of light, the gravy boat sprang to life, and panted like an eager dog. It scampered across the table to Pinkie on its stubby legs, and happily licked her face.

"Ooh, what a cute little gravy boat you are!" said Pinkie, "Yes, you are! Yes, you are!" it poured some gravy on to her food and ran back over to the center of the table."

"That’s one creepy little gravy boat, if you ask me!" said Rainbow.

"Oh, come on now, Dashie!" said Fluttershy, "You’re not even giving this a chance."

The gravy boat ran over to Rainbow and poured some gravy on to her, causing her to fly into the air.

"Hey!" she cried, "That’s hot!"

Discord laughed sheepishly before both I shot him a look.

"Oh, why I'm so sorry." he said to Rainbow.

"You did that on purpose!" yelled Rainbow

"Well, I don’t know about that! Mistakes happen. Oh, look, everypony! Dancing candles!"

Three of the candles on the table began hopping around on the able, until Rainbow flew over and blew them out.

"I’m not falling for that!" said landed on the table, "Discord’s just trying to distract us from-" the candles floated up into the air and started bonking Rainbow, "Hey! Knock it off! I suppose that’s another mistake?"

"I think you just made them mad." I pointed out.

"There’s something fishy going on..." said Twilight

A fish-shaped container floated over to her and spit tomato sauce out at her her face, knocking her backwards. It quickly turned towards Spike and spit tomato sauce at him, before hopping over towards Rarity.

"Discord!" said Fluttershy crossly.

"Well," he said, "It’s hardly my fault if the soup tureen finds the term 'something fishy” to be offensive."

"Not the dress!" cried Rarity as the fish-container sprayed sauce at her.

"That tureen’s only doin’ what you’re makin’ it do!" cried Applejack.

"Let’s not jump to any conclusions!" I said.

"Can’t you see what he’s doing?" said Rainbow, pushing away the candles bonking her, "He’s playing innocent with you two so you’ll never agree to use the Elements of Harmony against him!"

"Oh, well, that’s a bit harsh, isn’t it?" asked Discord.

"You see what I’m saying, right?"

"You know what I see?" I asked, "I see that Discord’s far from perfect. But I also see none of you giving him a chance!"

Everypony (except Fluttershy) stared at me in surprise.

"What’s gotten into you, Crystal?" asked Rainbow, "Why are you cutting him so much slack?"

I put my hoof around Discord's shoulder.

"Because that’s what friends do."

Discord looked genuinely surprised at my declaration, and stared at me in surprise.

"We’re friends?" he asked.

"Of course we're friends!" I said.

"Oh... Well, I’ve… Never really had a friend before."

"Well, now you do."

Angel suddenly hopped up on to the table, with a frantic look on his face.

"Oh, what is it, Angel?" asked Fluttershy, listening carefully to him, "Oh! Flooding at Sweet Apple Acres?"

"And we all know who’s behind that now, don’t we?" said Rainbow, pointing at Discord.

"You have no proof!" I said.

"Oh, give it a rest!" Rainbow and the others all stared leaving for Sweet Apple Acres, "What do you think of your 'friend' now, Crystal?"

Fluttershy looked at me nervously, but I kept a look of confidence. Even if Discord had caused the flood, surely he would undo it.


"I’ve never seen the floodin’ this bad!" cried Applejack, "They’ve built dams around here before, but never like this!"

Three beaver dams had been constructed to block the stream and a couple of side drainage ditches. The three beavers had even put up frameworks to help with the build, and were still at work touching up weak spots and bringing in more logs.

"What’s goin’ on?" asked Applejack as Fluttershy talked to the shouting beavers.

"Such language!" she cried in surprise, before flying back over to the dry spot where everypony was standing, "It’s no use. They won’t listen to a word I say."

"You see Discord’s behind all this, right?" said Rainbow.

"Oh, of course I do! Do you think I’m a silly gullible fool?"

"We've just been trying to gain his friendship any way we can," I said, flying next to Fluttershy, "So he’d come to trust and listen to us."

"Hey there, Crystal!" yelled Discord, who was currently water skiing, "You want a turn? The water’s great!"

"Time to see if it worked." I mumbled, flying over to Discord.

"Crystal! Oh, there you are. A sight for sore eyes."

"As you can see," I said, pointing towards the dams, "There’s a big mess down here at Sweet Apple Acres."

"Oh, yes. Awful business, that."

"It is awful. This is Applejack’s home, and it’s being destroyed by innocent creatures who would never be acting this way if it weren’t for your reckless behavior. You need to fix this."

"Well, yes, uh, very well, I will fix it. I only ask one thing in return."

I smiled, "Yes?"

"I ask that you never use your Element of Harmony against me," everypony gasped in surprise, "As a sign of our friendship."

I looked over towards the others, who all shook their heads. I looked down at my Element, up at Discord, and then pulled my Element off and tossed it over to Twilight.

"I will never use my Element of Harmony against you." I said confidentially, "As a sign of our friendship."

Everypony gasped in surprise, and Discord grinned.

"Excellent!" he said, snapping his talons, "There!"

All of the water had been frozen solid, and the trees had snow on top of them. My face fell, and I looked at Discord, who was ice skating.

"Much better!" he said, "I do prefer ice skating to water skiing, don’t you?"

"Discord!" I flew over to him, "That’s not fixing it!"

"What’s wrong, pal?"

"Don’t call me your pal!"

"Oh, come skating with me, and we’ll let bygones be bygones."

Discord held out some skates towards me, with a smile on his face. Spike slid over as I landed on the ice, and held up my Element.

"Here you go, Crystal!" he said, "Game on!"

"He fixes this or he goes back to being stone!" called Twilight as I looked between the skates and my Element, "Princess Celestia will understand!"

I looked towards my friends, who all nodded, and then towards Discord, who had on an honest smile.

"I made a promise not to use my Element against him," I said, "And I’m going to keep it."

Spike sagged as Discord grinned, and I took the skates my magic. My friends gasped in surprise, and Discord draped a paw over my shoulders with a triumphant laugh.

"You see?" he said joyfully, "She wants to have fun with me because we’re friends. She can’t use the Elements against me because we’re friends. I’m free forever!"

I frowned and dropped the skates from my magic. I pulled my crystal out from my mane and held it towards Discord, who looked at it with confusion.

"You want my friendship?" I said, "Here. It's all you'll ever get from me."

Discord slowly reached over and held my crystal in his paw. He looked at me for a moment before dropping it and turning away.

"Who cares?" he said, "I can do whatever I want, whenever I want! I’m Discord, the master of chaos! You think you can boss Discord around? You think I’m just going to turn all this back because you say so? Because if I don’t, I’ll lose the one friend I ever had?"

Discord froze, and I started walking away from him towards my friends.

"Well played, Crystal," he said, "Well played."

A wave of white light washed over the orchard, and all of Sweet Apple Acres restored to how it had been before. The beavers ran off into the woods, and I hovered in the air for a moment before my friends all ran over and cheered. I turned towards Discord with a smile, and he nervously flew over.

"I liked it better my way," he said, "But… I guess when you’re friends, you can’t always have things exactly your way all the time, now can you?"

I smiled and threw my hooves around Discord, surprising him, before he hugged me back

Author's Note:

Wow, this chapter was way longer than I imagined it, but I pulled it off! Thanks for waiting for it!