• Published 31st May 2016
  • 5,042 Views, 328 Comments

Conversion Bureaus: Warhammer 40k The second battle for the Kaurava System - Gunnerben55



A take on the ponies arriving in the 40k world and trying to convert humans and meeting the guns of the Imperium of Man

  • ...
27
 328
 5,042

Help From The Night

*Several miles east of conquered Vanhoover*

Winter looked over the army that made it out from the city they once called unable to fall and it broke the already low moral of the beaten army. But now he had some hope scattered across the camp shines of light can be seen in the sun moving about. The first Crystal Regiment from the Crystal Empire arrived to assist and from the rumors have a fair chance to deflect the main line weapon of the humans. This has brought up moral a fair bit and now this new force with the battle experienced force from the city now have a new task.

The camp they reside in now was on one of the mountain tops of the Unicorn mountain range east of the city. This is where they will make their stand and fortifications are already being built from trenches to bunkers and training of fresh conscripts were going on all over the camp. Winter smiled at the sight before him thinking how they may just pull this off, until he remembered how powerful the enemy was and his muzzle lost its smile. "I hope we aren't over run." He says looking to where the city was now a imperial beach head.

He hears something not far and turns his head to see a group of unicorns moving a strange object around in their magic into a small dugout. His curiosity getting the better of him he walks their way and inspects the metal machine. At first he thought it was a cannon but it was alot smaller and at the end where the crew would be was a large gem and a handle where a earth pony could use it. "May i ask what this thing is?" Winter says to one of the unicorn soldiers.

The one in question looks at him. "This new little toy here is what will cut them down in groups. The gem here is packed with power and we can focus it in quick blasts that can maybe be a threat to even the armored ones we heard about. But... hasn't tested it fully yet and safe to say useless on their heavy armor." He informs Winter before returning to helping set it up in the firing position. Winter gives it one more look and nods. "Maybe we stand some chance." He walks away from the new weapon into the camp to find the officer's tent where the battle plans were being made.

After a short amount of wading though the crowds of fresh and veteran soldiers he arrived at a tent guarded by two ponies but what made this other wise unimportant info more interesting was that one was the normal solar guard seen all over while the other was a lunar bat pony guard in their dark colored armor. Winter gave the guard a odd look before entering and spotting a pony he didn't expect here. "Princess Luna?" He says out loud at the Lunar god with every other general and officer around her.

She looks over at him and smiles. "Ah Winter glad to see you made it though so much and still stand ready to serve." She says before she goes back to the maps and papers on the table. "Come join us you have something these ponies lack. You have fought this enemy your self and have information that is very important." She said as he comes to the table and looks at the maps that have their forces and lines of defenses scattered about the mountain range. He sighs. "Well then... where to begin."

Many of the ponies in the room look like they just been shot when they heard that he had something more important then them. Winter rolls his eyes at the nobles who cause of their power when they were drafted got high ranks and now are in charge of defending their country. "Firstly the human army of the 252nd regiment is heavily dependent on heavy armor and close support from the air or their massive artillery they set up just behind their lines like clock work." They look at him then the maps. "We may be able to deny them tanks in the mountains here due to their size they wont fit in the narrow paths making the infantry move in alone but usually in mass. But they will still have support... a strange two legged machine they use that is amazingly fast could fit and it can carry some sizable weapons but light armor." He adds and many start to think or have a clueless look on their face.

"How lightly armored are these walkers?" Luna says braking the silence. Winter shakes his head. "Not fully sure but one of our eight pounders took it out with a lucky hit into the side of its head." Luna nods at this and looks over the other ponies around the room. "We still have to worry about their artillery. Do we have any counter to such weapons?" One asks. Winter just shrugs but the princess speaks. "We have seen our shields can hold to a few of their shots to a short barrage so a strong team of mages could make a small one that can withstand a beating." They seem happy with this news of some form of protection.

"Now... for the other forces." Winter says and they stare at him. "They're more of them?" One nobles says loudly. Winter nods. "Next is the Sister's of battle who are well armored and well armed worriers who have a heavy use for fire based weapons. But don't use large amounts of tanks like the 252nd. Lastly is the Blood Ravens." They stare in confusion. "Blood ravens? Are you saying some sort of bird is with them?" Winter sighs as he can see none even looked at the info gathered form new foals about the enemy. "No... they are super human soldiers called Space marines. Blood Ravens is the chapter they are in and so far a full company is here to reinforce the other two."

One just smiles. "Only a company? we out number them, i don't see them much of a problem." Only for a wing to hit him in the back of the head. When he turns to look with a glare only to meet a mare who matches his glare. "If you underestimate a space marine you will pay with your life. I have personally fought with one in close combat and nearly died back during the first war of this system." Fire bird says in a angry tone. The noble stares at her confused and she sighs. "I was a human sister of battle before now and fought one called a assault marine in hand to hand combat and nearly lost." She enlightens the pony before her.

Winter smiles at Fire before looking back to the others. "Space marines are well armored and so far only the most powerful spells put them down and also electric charges are effective with their heavy metal armor. They also have what are known as Dreadnoughts which are heavy walkers with as much armor as a tank." The ponies talk between them selves about this new threat. Luna is quiet as she looks over the map and turns her gaze to the city they recently lost and then to a Lunar guard at the tent entrance before she nods to her self about a plan.

"Is it true that reports of the 252nd are alone at the current moment as both the Blood Ravens and sister's of battle have gone to attack something in the south?" Luna asks looking around the tent. One grabs a paper in his magic and reads before nodding. "Good my night guard will start a raiding campaign on the human forces while they are separated from their allies." She says firmly. The ponies look around some are in thought but they slowly nod to her. "Best of luck princess we're all going to need it." Winter says to her.

*Vanhoover eastern side*

After the city was taken the imperial guard dug in to hold the new territory and a small network of trenches were dug and artillery aimed at the nearby mountain range where the ponies have retreated. While many tanks were under repairs from the attack and guardsmen were recovering from wounds or exploring the city ruins. And for Matt and a large number of other guardsmen they found a bar that was more or less in one piece and was raiding the drinks while the commissars were else where. Johnathan along with Skyler and Dove was still in a trench facing east knowing all to well going for a drink will end badly for the two girls.

"So where did you girls once call home in this place?" Johnathan asks braking the silence that has been hanging for a while. Dove looks at him. "We're from Manehatten but moved to Ponyville and called it home before we were drafted." She says while Skyler just looked out over the trench at the mountains. "I know the mountains are interesting but not that much Skyler." Johnathan says nudging her slightly and she shrugs. "Just in thought is all." Johnathan nods in return.

Johnathan looks up at the moons of the planet that just came out for the night and starts to doze off. But after a bit he hears Dove scream and he shoots up. He sees her head covered in purple goo and he knew it was the potion and above her one the lip of the trench was a dark armored pony with bat wings with a now half empty bottle. He jumps into action and draws his laspistol and fires only for the pony to disappear into the shadows. "What..." was all he could say at the disappearing act before he turns his attention to Dove who didn't look happy.

"Uh.. you ok?" he asks keeping his distance from the goo pooled at the bottom of the trench. "Yeah i'm fine... cause i'm still a pony just in human from i'm save from its effects. Thank the goddesses they made this stuff where it doesn't effect ponies." Se says trying to clean it off her with water from her canteen. "OK that's good now we have to worry about weird ponies that can hide in the shadows." He extends a hand to her one she has washed off the potion from her helmet and face. "If i'm right... that sounds like a night guard. They can move between shadows... wont be easy to stop" Johnathan stares. "Great..."

"Alright girls stay here while i go send the word down the line about these hit and run... things" Before they say anything else he takes off down the trench. He reaches a area where another bolt is supposed to be but to his horror finds the two man crew are now ponies looking at him with smiles and a potion in one of their hoofs. "Join us... the emperor is false we have been enlightened." All he did after that was quick draw and put a beam of death into both their heads. He swings the gun around making sure the one who turned them isn't near by before running down the dugout and yelling. "We're under attack! Ponies using stealth have made it past the wire!"

He passes many guardsmen who jump to their places and soon pops of lasguns are heard all over as they start to repel the night raid. He runs into a commissar in a sword duel with a bat winged pony who had their sword strapped to its foreleg and giving the man a hard time, before Johnathan causally shoots the pony and watches it drop. The commissar glares at him. "Well then report before i shoot you." He asks. "Sir these ponies can... disappear in shadows and move about and have made it to the trenches and are dropping the potions on to the men. Sir" Johnathan tells the commissar who nods in turn. "Get going then and rally the men and bring the battle ready tanks to the front now!" the commissar commands and Johnathan salutes before climbing out of the trench.

After running a while and dodging any pony that jumps from the shadows he makes it to the tank depot where the ponies were already attacking. The tanks were firing into any shadow they saw movement and any Leman russ infernos along with Hellhounds were burning and brave pony that shows it self to long. Johnathan runs to one of the sergeants that wasn't fighting and salutes. "Sir any armor that can be spared to the front? the ponies are past the wire and turning us against each other. The sergeant regards him before he points at two tanks. One was a Leman russ punisher while the other was a Leman russ conqueror that weren't in heavy combat just supporting their allies. Johnathan gives the sergeant a thanks before running to the tanks to give them their new orders.

Back at the trench Dove and Skyler were busy avoiding swords and potions coming their way as night guards attacked them. When they were backed to the wall of the trench and Dove was about to take a sword to her gut a red bolt of light hits the offending pony and the rest turn to see Matt and a few other guardsmen charging forward if not very sloppy but a welcome sight. The batponies are soon on the run as tanks arrive with Johnathan riding on top manning the heavy stubber and Matt leading a full squad of guardsmen was the final blow that pushed them back. But as they retreated more then just bat ponies were seen running as new foals were also in the groups retreating and it was a size able number. And another thing was strangely found.

Small colorful fur balls with wings and large eyes were left by some of the ponies. The guardsmen didn't wait for orders and tried to shoot them but due to their size made it though the light show and to the men horror and surprise started to eat their equipment. The men soon grabbed flame throwers and started to roast them but another thing they learned was that when they ate something they would spit out another and the numbers grew. It took quiet some time before the last one of them was burned to ash and the guardsmen started to relax.

Johnathan and Matt return to where their bolter was and sat down with the girls. "Alright... we both know you knew what those things were." Matt asks looking at the girls. Skyler sighs. "Those were parasprites and... they can eat anything and once they eat it... they in a way give birth to another one and it keeps going until they eat everything in a area making many more of them." The two men stares at her blankly. "Hell of a weapon to use..." Matt comments and pulls a bottle from where his canteen should be. Johnathan stares at him blankly before he garbs the bottle and takes a sip and sighs. "I needed that." He then offers it to the girls and they share a look before accepting it and both have a share before the near empty bottle is returned to Matt. "yeah thanks guys... i was saving this." He complains. "Be happy we're still here to have a drink." They all share a small laugh before they all lay down to rest for the day to come and the mountain climbing ahead.