• Published 31st May 2016
  • 5,043 Views, 328 Comments

Conversion Bureaus: Warhammer 40k The second battle for the Kaurava System - Gunnerben55



A take on the ponies arriving in the 40k world and trying to convert humans and meeting the guns of the Imperium of Man

  • ...
27
 328
 5,043

Meeting of minds

Governor Vance Stubbs goes over the Intel he received from the Commissar and lets him off with a warning for destroying the outpost and falling back but the information was well worth it. And with the enemy able to change his guardsmen into more of them to swell their ranks is a thing to keep track of. More test are needed to see the capabilities of this 'potion' and know its weaknesses.

The sound of jets over head catch his attention as a wing of three Marauder bombers fly ahead of the army heading to the fight. This wing of bombers have orders form the governor him self to check out a report he got from the Dauntless class frigate in orbit that a large purple dome has appeared around the new land mass. They were to find out its purpose and see if it would hinder his men in any way and if need be destroy it and from what the lord commissar told him their shields are weak to lasweapons so the lascannons on the bombers should be useful. He sees them off as they disappear into the clouds in the distance and focuses on battle plans for the fighting that is near at hand. But unkonwn to him and the whole regiment are the yellow eyes in the jungles around them.

A four pony team of Luna's night sentinels were in the tree line along the road the humans were using. To say the least even with their training they have never seen an enemy like the one before them massive hulks of metal the sizes of houses moving with ease in the mud and soldiers singing a mix of many marching songs as they went and over head metal birds fly though the air at speeds to out perform the Wonderbolts.

The leader of the team was eyeing a human that stood out from the rest. It seemed to have a metal helmet but it covered his eyes and he had a staff that glowed every few seconds with his helmet and it seemed to look their way every now and then. "I don't like that one... he broke out laughing like a mad pony a while ago and none seemed to care... "

Then to the ponies surprise and horror the man's hands glowed and he pointed to them and lighting flew past them. "You can't hide from my mind!" The Human yelled at them and soon the others were trying to find what he was attacking. Following a wave of red beams flew at them and the ponies had nothing to do but fly as fast they can and lose the enemy.

"I thought they can't use magic! What in Luna's moon was that!" One of the younger guards called out as he ducked between trees. And the commander wasn't any happier. "Don't ask us but we have to report this back fast! if they have something close to our magic we maybe able to fight it the same way. Now come on we nearly lost them."

The four ponies soon come to a stop in a tall tree and watch as the humans run in random directions below them and even of the metal monsters is pushing over trees passing through. "Ok... now we wait it out and if any pony sees the crazy one again please tell us so we can fly as fast we can away." He whispered to the others.

But the humans seemed to find something else and pops of their weapons firing is heard before they march past pulling a very large green skinned creature that look human ish but was 2 times the size. "Looks like a Ork boy was spying on us. Lets get it back to the psyker he can tell if this is what he attacked." The ponies watch as the humans and the dead 'Ork' march by.

The team leader looks at the others. "Not just humans to worry about on this world." After the humans pass they speed off into the jungle to where they can send a letter to the princesses about what they found.

*Location*
*few miles west of the dome*
*Imperial bomber wing*

Jackson was in the roof bolter turret on the lead bomber and he was getting jumpy. He heard that these things can fly and move on clouds so he eyed every cloud group around them. "Jackson calm your self down before you die from a heart attack and i don't feel like moving to check on you." Jackson sighs and smiles. "When one of them ponies gets you don't expect me to do the same for you either."

He hears more laughter from his crew of gunners but they are cut off by the pilot. "If any of you idiots want to look ahead you can see our target." Jackson spins his gun to look and his jaw drops. They were well above 2000 feet and the dome went higher then that by so much more. "Why can't the navy boys in orbit shoot it?!" Jackson was wondering why they had to do it. "Cause Its to much paper work for them to fire one damn shot and we are here more for whats the shield is hiding then the thing itself." The pilot informs the crew.

As they close the distance Jackson can see land under it but what worries him the most is that the shield seems to be expanding at a slow but steady rate. Another thing he noticed was a small swarm of dots on the other side. "Any one else seeing the unknowns on the other side?" He gets a mix of agreements confirming they have trouble ahead.

After a bit of quiet flying the bomber wing arrives on the edge of the shield and begin to circle working out a plan "Alright lads heres the deal all three of us dive down on the shield and fire our lascannons, from reports them do good on these things so we may make a opening for us. Once we get in all gunners keep those fighters off us. Is that clear?" The pilot is answered by 'yes sirs' from his three gunners.

As they feel the bombers climb slowly and then gain speed as they dive down the whines of the nose lascannons are heard firing from all three bombers. to all their surprise the shield seems to open a little and braking glass is heard. And once the opening is big enough they pull though before they see the shield close behind them them.

One though a beautiful land of rolling plains and forest are before them. But the bomber crews were to busy trying to think of a plan as their aircraft are swarmed by the ponies. But after a while they relax as the ponies armed with spears and crossbows do nothing to the armor of the marauder bombers. "Bolter fire have trouble hurting these things what will a spear do?!" He proceeds to taunt them as they land on top of the aircraft and hit it with their hoofs. One seems to just glare at him though the gunners port.

But soon word comes from one of the other bombers that a platform being pulled by two of the flying ones is coming to them. Jackson scans the skies and sees the target and spins his gun to aim. "Lets show these things what real weapons are!" He and every gun in the formation open up and the sky is full of blood and falling bodies. But the enemy aircraft gets closer as a shield of its own comes up around it and bolter fire doesn't affect it. And two ponies were on it both had horns on their heads.

One was powering the shield while the other was eyeing the bomber but after a bit his horn glows and a blot of blue magic the size of a small missile flies at them. The projectile hits the bomber shaking it badly. "What hit us!? one of the engines is giving out!" The pilot called out in rage. After the ponies see that their ranged units can work they make a opening so it can fire on the bombers.

But the other two bombers armed with lascannons had a lot to say about the new attacker. One lucky beam hits the target killing one of the fliers pulling it forcing it to slow and lose altitude. Jackson smiles at his comrades actions and looks to see a city ahead. "Lets send these things a message they will never forget! get the incendiary bombs ready we're fire bombing them!"

The pony glaring at him soon has a look of confusion on his face but sure its not good and he yells orders to his comrades and they try to bash their way though the windows but are forced off due to the heavy fire from all the bolters on the three aircraft. After a for minuets of fire they get a opening and Jackson hears the sweet whistles of bombs falling.

The aircraft bank hard and all the crew members get a view of their handy work. A small fire storm is seen in the city below but it doesn't last long due to most buildings were stone and metal but it was a clear message that wont be forgotten. the bombers head back to the shield and ready to leave and the ponies don't bother to come after them as they were seen to go control the fire they caused.

Jackson smiles as they once again broke though the shields but soon something happens. The bomber stops in place and then is pulled back and looks around and sees the same has happened to the other two but they were glowing a weird golden aura and he sees a large white one flanked by many of the gold armored ponies. The big were had armor but also a crown. "This must be that princess we were informed about she must be a powerful psyker!" She pulls the bombers to her and nothing but rage could be seen in her face. "I think we pissed her off." He swings the gun around at her and fires but once again the shield stops them. They are dragged to where they are just in front of her.

"YOU DARE ATTACK MY PONIES!" She bellows at them louder then any commissar or even chaos space marine. The crew were any thing but scared for they them selves have been in the Dark Eldar camps until they were liberated. And to say the least they weren't impressed any gunner who could were emptying their bolters at her and even saw her shield crack in places.

But soon the whine of metal is heard as their bombers start to deform as she crushes them. One bomber explodes as its fuel tank is crushed while another is ripped into and to Jackson's horror watches the crew pulled out of it before she lets the wrecks fall and right then and their get the 'potion' he heard from rumors in action. Men he grew up and trained with were mutated into ponies and they were carried off.

He feels his bomber being torn apart and he is ripped from his gunner position and finds him self right in front of the demon of a princess. "You ordered the fire bombing of my ponies..." Her voice was cold and dark. "Yes i ordered it and i'm proud of it you come to our system and dare think you stand a chance!?" Jackson knew he was dead or... one of them but he wasn't going down easy. With practiced speed he brought up his laspistol and fired killing some of her guards and before one hit him with a potion bomb he put the gun to his head with a few last worlds. "For the Emperor!" And with a tap of his finger his body went limb in her magic.

Celestia stared at the body her rage replaced by confusion and even fear of how Resilient these humans were. And this one choose death over conversion. What will the full army on its way be able to do... and they have weapons to bypass the dome and their magic. She let the body fall but grabbed the weapon he held and took it in to examine it. She gave it to one guard and gave him a stern look. "I want this to be taken to Canterlot to be studied by our best minds." The guard saluted and flew off.She stared after him she felt something in the weapon even something like a soul to it but was unsure.

After a bit of getting reports from guards about the damage done she starts her long flight back to canterlot with her head hanging low. She was unable to stop them from killing her ponies and it made her feel weak. This would be very hard and they need to prepare and finding out how these weapons work will help greatly so they can counter them.

*Location*
*Western Cerulea*
*252nd Regiment's FOB*

Governor Stubbs has ordered that Cerulea would be where they would set up the FOB and it has grown quickly and every guardsmen are either help build, digging trenches or getting yelled at by anyone higher rank them they are to do something. Johnathan and Matt were digging a new dugout for their heavy bolter to be deployed in. "I wonder if we will actually get to fight from here or will we roll out on the attack?" Matt joked as he shoveled another pile of dirt. "I hope so i don't feel like marching and listening to officers yell." He got in a dramatic pose and pointed into the distance. "That way lays victory men! As he stands behind us using us as a shield."

The guardsmen around them join in the laugh but quiet down after a sergeant walks past and gives them a simple glare. After that the guardsmen spend another hour and the trenches are complete and they start to relax and some find a new pass time... watching a purple dome slowly grow and crawl to them. "Didn't the governor send a wing of bombers? shouldn't they've returned by now?" Matt eyes the distant lights. Johnathan shrugs it was only three bombers they may of bitten off more then they could take."

Unknown to them all in the shadows many bat ponies of Luna's night guard sneak about learning as much as they can about the 'Imperial Kaurava 252nd Conservator Regiment' and if possible sabotage of their forces. But the night guards were still in shock of how in the choas of the base they were in anything worked but they managed to find out who ran the place his name was Governor general Vance Stubbs and if they ever got the moment kill or covert him.

And one such moment has presented it self two of the elite guardsponies. The governor was out inspecting some of the metal war machines and he only had a single officer or commissar at his side. And the ponies had a plan to take out this leader. They slowly neared him but when they fully saw him he was wearing what looked like short claws in a gauntlet and a boxy weapon on his belt and what looked like metal pieces in his head and even one of his eyes were gone. As one readied to throw a potion the governor spun and stared at him causing him to freeze and stare at the odd device on his other eye as it glowed at him.

"So this princesses sends assassins? Pathetic." He has his claws extend and he looks to his subordinate who nods with a drawn sword. The guard throws the potion and it hits at the close distance but to his horror it slides off the armored uniform his opponent wore. Stubbs slashes out with his claws and the night guard just barely dodges it but his armor now has a few cuts. he draws his short short and stabs out and lands a hit but his small sword is unable to get past the armor once again and the claws coming down on it brakes it before his eyes.

Before he could do anything else a red beam from the side hits him in the neck sending him to the ground. The other one turns and begins to run but he runs into another horror of the humans. A man in a robe looked down on him but under the robe with the guards eyes able to see in the dark saw that most of his body was machine and little else was left. still in his shock he didn't dodge the ax that came done on him ending him.

"Thank techpriest for stopping this assassin from getting away." He nods his head to the agent of Mars. "It was my pleasure Governor now if you excuse me i must tend to the machine spirits." He then takes his leave. Stubbs looks at his close friend Daron Farrier. "We need to get word out they have spies in the base and check for anything they may of damaged and make sure they didn't mutate any of our men." Daron salutes and runs off to give the orders.

Stubbs looks off into the distance at the shield. "Seems you still have some tricks to play."