• Published 31st May 2016
  • 5,041 Views, 328 Comments

Conversion Bureaus: Warhammer 40k The second battle for the Kaurava System - Gunnerben55



A take on the ponies arriving in the 40k world and trying to convert humans and meeting the guns of the Imperium of Man

  • ...
27
 328
 5,041

Old Friends

*In orbit on the inquisitor's ship*

A powerful beam of purple energy torn though two decks before the source was cut off. The source being a small baby aliorn who happened to sneeze and her power was set off. The room was full of storm troopers now aiming at her and even two grey knights, but the one keeping them in line was the inquisitor him self who was pleased with the power this little one held. "lower your weapons men and you are dismissed... including you two." He says looking towards the two knights, who in turn stare at him before doing as told with the rest of the men. After they all leave he then turns to the darkest corner of the room and crosses his arms. "You both failed a decent amount of you're training... and you expect to hide from me? Easy to fool the others they aren't that smart." He was rewarded with two storm troopers to come out of the shadows but something was off about them. They had colorful hair and three of them were girls and most of all they weren't even human.

They walked forward all missing their helmets. "Yeah we know but its only to not get in the crowd with the others." One of the girls says and its clear she is in her late teens same as the others who weren't that tall and if it weren't for the armor they would be a few inches shorter then normal. "I knew you two would want to be here with our new arrival here." He says pointing to the laughing little filly who was playing with a hand from the lone boy from the pair. "Well lord inquisitor..." One of the girls says a little mockingly. "We would be better if we could get more training and not sit around... i was promised some action." She complains and he rubs his head. "And i will give you action. Your first assignment as a inquisitorial soldier is to watch after this little one." He says pointing to the filly who laughs and grabs his finger with her hoofs and starts to chew on it while the pair stared with mixed faces. "You have to be kidding me..." The talkative girl said with irritation in her voice while the boy only smiled and bent over to play with the filly. "My lord please... can i get sent down with the others! I want to see some action that is fighting with lasguns and bolters firing!" She near yelled at him causing him to chuckle lightly remembering when he gave the group of captured young ponies a new version of the 'potion' and watching them become loyal soldiers... sadly only these two made it due to them being older and stronger... and welling to accept the emperor's blessing.

He is snapped back to the present when he feels her poke his chest and he sighs and glares at her. "Do i have to punish you again?" He threatened and she stopped to think before backing away hanging her head. "Why must i repeatedly put you in your place." He says shaking his head. "Don't worry sir we'll keep her save... she is a princess after all." The boy said making the inquisitor smile. "Thanks Andy... keep your sister here in line... last i need is Riley getting into another fight with guardsmen or other troopers." He said turning to the door. "Best of luck to you three try not to blow holes in the ship." he remarks before exiting the room leaving them alone with the little happy filly unaware of what is going on around her. "Well... what now Riley?" Andy says looking at her who just sighs. "We keep her happy and not blow the ship up." As soon does she say that Flurry starts to sneeze and both of them hit the floor covering their heads. With a quiet 'achoo' nothing followed and they stand up to see her rubbing her nose before laughing at how they acted. "This is going to be harder then i thought..." Andy says slowly as he and his sister got to their feet. "Well we can handle her... just hope no one else come sin here... i don't need another grey knight to yell at me..." Riley says remembering her unpleasant crossing with a knight making her shiver slightly. "We'll be fine sis. Its a simple task here i bet we-" He was cut off as the ship rocked as it fired its lances at some target planet side causing Flurry to get scared and cry. With a sigh Riley walked over and picked her up and held her in her arms. "Shhh its ok princess. We're here for you." She did her best to clam the filly down and it slowly worked and soon she found the small pony asleep in her arms snuggled up against her breast plate.

"I have to say it but... she is cute when not blowing the ship apart." She joked and they shared a laugh before she laid the sleeping Flurry onto the cot and backed away. "lets grab something to eat i know she will want something as well... hope she likes rations." He says walking to the door while Riley stayed back. "You go i'll keep an eye on her." He nods and leaves. Once alone she sits besides the sleeping filly and starts to pet her slowly.

*Pony front lines.*

The pony front lines were on the edge of crumbling as the imperial guard has encircled them and has burned the main camp killing most of the lesser officers. But the ponies were still holding due to the dragons but with the orbital fire coming down they wont last long. And Luna was trying to keep their forces together best she could with out killing the nobles for being poor military commanders. "Come subjects of Equestria!" She yells out to any pony near her to rally them but she knew it was getting more hopeless by the moment as the human artillery rained down from both the city and the ships high above. Also mounting to the problem was to put simply is that the forces that went south have returned.

Marching forward no matter how many are burned were the human sisters of battle armed with their own flame based weapons burning ponies in mass coupled with the armored giants that were the space marines with a few grey armored ones scattered about fighting the dragons. With a sigh she looks around her and then to the flag that flew over the battlements and with her magic pulled it from the flag pole and lowered it and with the royal voice. "My ponies! We must retreat! Let us not fall in a pointless fight!" She jumps into the air with a few powerful flaps of her wings and she spots many ponies pulling back but not all. The distinct sight of crystal ponies staying and fighting could be seen all over the line. She calls out once again but the don't budge and she realizes they are buying the others time and starts to speed up the retreating ponies. Her magic help many wounded move at a better pace and some dragons help gather any weapon them can before leaving.

She looks back behind her before leading the ponies in their march to the next line of defense and soon they are out of sight of the line. The crystal ponies were dug in well and were causing as much damage they could on the human forces but they lost the one advantage they had when the bolters of the heavy infantry arrived and started to blow holes in the ponies every time they struck but they refused to brake. As the first humans make their way over the pony lines close combat quickly follows. The crystal ponies unlike the other ponies gave the marines a little more of a challenge as their skin stop most of their knifes unless it a chain sword or power sword while for the ponies they are not lost as their diamond tipped spears and swords and punch into weak points of their armor. Soon a heavy slugging match has started between the two sides and the holy flames of the sisters of battle weren't as useful as it didn't effect the harden skin of the ponies. And the guardsmen fair no better then before as their lasguns merely reflect off but bolters cut them down with easy. The human support units had to hold fire in fear of hitting friendlies leaving it up to the front line units.

As the battle drug on just behind the front lines the general was moving forward wanting to take part in destroying the line of ponies stalling them. Once he gets over the first trench he is already in the thick of it as a pony charges him with a sword in its mouth. The battle claws extended as soon as the pony neared and caught the blade before pulling it free from its owner's grip. The pony's eyes widened before the claws doubled back into its neck but not cut deep due to the hard skin and the general had to back peddle to avoid getting tackled. The general once again slashes at the pony but gets the same resolute as the skin is to thick and he decides enough is enough and draws his plasma gun from his belt and shoot the burning ball of death into the ponies head and watches the pony fall to the rocky ground. He turns his head to watch a lone pony crush under the armored feet of a assault marine as he landed starting his chain sword and started to attack the nearest target.

The general looks towards his claws and frowns before something that catches his eyes and turns to a fallen marine sergeant who had a burned face but what has the general's eyes was the power sword in his hands. He walks over and picks up the sword and gives a short prayer before lifting it with care and charging the nearest pony. The pony who was targeted a unicorn saw him coming and brought up his blade and they met and it was a battle between the general's body strength and the pony's magic but the general was slowly pushing his opponent's sword back and even saw his sword beginning to cut deep into the diamond sword. Thanks to the new heavy bionic arm the general pulled from the stand off and brought it down hard cutting the diamond in two and continue into its owner with enough force to slam him into the ground. After dispatching the pony the general looked to see not many are left and the mix of the four armies were crushing... wait four? He did a double take and counted Blood Ravens, his guardsmen, sisters of battle and... black armored inquisitorial storm troopers walking his way led by the inquisitorial himself. 'This won't go well.' He said in his head and sighed.

"Governor General Vance Stubbs... i'm sure you want to know why i have graced you with my presents." He said looking over the slightly bloody Stubbs. "Yes... not normal for inquisitors to get into the battle field often.... and the chaos forces were crushed in the south of this land mass." The general stated looking carefully at the man before him and his grip on the power sword tightened. "Yes you are correct the heretics were purged with care and cleaned up what was left of the war band. I have come to you because of the recent events i want to know how you gained the information about this crystal empire? Better yet why wasn't any other informed of its founding either?" He locks eyes with the general. "You sent that VOX message directly to the ships and thought we couldn't listen in? I sent a team and we got our hands on something of high importance from what i understand of these ponies so far. Now... i want to know how you gathered this information for spotters find it so easily and call for a orbital barrage." He asks coldly and the general meets his tone. "I use all resources at my disposal to find and destroy the enemy, Inquisitor." They soon gather a small crowd of on lookers as their 'talk' goes on. "General i know you don't have a good history with the inquisition... and making it worse isn't a good idea."

After a moment he sighs. "We acquired the information from a few captured spies and ponies and put the info to work as soon we could. We also cracked down on a few other spies in the ranks of the guardsmen and even a few in the sisters of battle's ranks." This got the inquisitor thinking before nodding slowly. "I also have heard of this and dealt with my share... i'll take that answer for now Governor but do not get on my bad side again... understood?" Stubbs simply nods and watches the black armored man turn on his heels and walk away. After he feels it safe he waves over a VOX operator and grabs the communicator. "Keep them out of sight and don't let them leave the building understood? I have a feeling it will get bad very soon." The voice on the other side answers. "It was bound to happen sir... we'll keep gathering information and keep them out of sight but we may need to move them out of the HQ and hold them else where." The general nods and cuts the channel and tells the guardsman to leave.

*Vanhoover*

Dove and Skyler found them selves surrounded by commissar cadets moving though the dark halls of the HQ in the city. They were a little scared of what was going on and even more of where they were going, They were pulled from the room they were being held in and were escorted by these cadets and they didn't say why they were being moved. After a while they exited the building and entered out onto the streets. They are once again met with the heavy tanks of the guard moving up and down the street along with many transport full of supplies heading towards the mountains in the distance but the girls didn't get to look along before they were marched down the road passing the bombed out buildings of the city and other scars it has gained during the attack to capture it. After a few long minutes they arrive at a large bunker built into the town square and they were quickly ushered into the command building. Once in they they found the room to be full of officers with a communication network and reports covering tables.

But soon they are escorted to the back to find stairs going down to another level. After descending the stair case they find much more finer quarters commonly used by officers or nobles. Dove turns to see one cadet walk to her. "You are to stay here until the general returns from the front lines for more information... if you try to leave you will be shot. Understood?" He says without any emotion behind his words before he and his companions go back up the stairs leaving them in the room. "Dove... why are they hiding us... and from who?" Skyler asks her sister unsure of whats going on. "I don;t know... but it can't be good." Dove says and puts a arm around her to comfort her younger sister.