• Published 18th Jun 2012
  • 1,706 Views, 58 Comments

The Taffy Tale - yotoeman



Bon Bon's candy shop has been failing until one day she hears the music of a certain Lyre player

  • ...
5
 58
 1,706

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Vinyl Scratch was watching “How I met Your Mare” when she heard a knock on the door. Not bothering to turn off the television, Vinyl went to open the door with her remote still in hoof where she was greeted by an ecstatic grey earth pony who was jumping up and down in excitement.

“Pack your bags Vinyl, we’re going to…”

“Suit up!”
Octavia and Vinyl both turned to the television that had interrupted Octavia mid-sentence. Vinyl gave out a weak grin and turned off the T.V.

“I’m going to ignore that…” said Octavia rolling her eyes, “Anyways, as I was saying… pack your bags Vinyl, we’re going to Manehatten!”

“So I assume this means the orchestra was accepted then,” said Vinyl smiling as the grey earth pony gave her a warm hug.

“Yeah, it’s going to be great. We haven’t had a gig this big since Phillydelphia. And that was over a year ago!” Octavia planted a quick kiss on Vinyl’s muzzle and then laid her head on the unicorn’s fur.

“Yeah…this is great Vinyl. Nothing could possibly go wrong.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lyra laid in her bed unable to catch any shut eye. She was thinking, thinking about what had happened that day when she and Bon Bon went zip lining together. Another month had passed since then and Lyra was still experiencing many nights like this one. She was wondering about the direction in which her life was going. She wondered when, if ever, she would leave Ponyville and try once again to become a successful musician. But most of all, she wondered about the yellow earth pony that was in the room across the hall from her. That kiss the earth pony gave her a month ago was just so…Lyra couldn’t find words to describe it. She was very conflicted about her situation. It wasn’t even because she wasn’t sure what her sexual orientation was. It was different from that because throughout her life, Lyra never had any deep feelings for anypony. She had always been the goofball at her school who was fun to hang out with but never invited to anything formal like the school prom. Never had Lyra even considered a relationship with anypony but yet Bon Bon just made her so…so happy. Lyra gave out a sigh and put her head down on her pillow.

“Time will tell I suppose,” she thought to herself. It was the same line that she uttered to herself almost every night that she had been awake thinking about Bon Bon. Lyra was beginning to wonder exactly how much longer she could wait for time to determine her destiny before she would put destiny into her own hooves.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bon Bon opened the door of Lyra’s room holding a luggage bag.

“Lyra! Lyra! Wake up!”
The earth pony was surprised when she saw that the green unicorn was already sitting up in her bed.

“Oh Lyra, you’re awake.”

“Yeah… I couldn’t sleep well last night.”
Bon Bon gave Lyra a worried look, Lyra had been acting rather reserved lately.

“What’s wrong Lyra?”
Lyra gave out a long sigh and looked down at the ground.

“Nothing Bon Bon, I'm fine.”
Bon Bon could tell that Lyra was holding back something. She felt however that this was not the right time to ask so instead she continued with what she was going to say.

“Well anyways little filly, start filling this bag because we’re going on vacation!” said Bon Bon throwing the luggage bag she was holding at Lyra who juggled the bag a few times before stabilizing it with her hooves.

“Vacation?” asked the confused unicorn, “Where? What? Why?”

“I’ve booked us a hotel already!” said the earth pony enthusiastically, “You’ve seemed troubled recently so I thought that we should take some time off from the shop and explore somewhere else together.”
Lyra blushed at the mention of the word “together” but turned away just in time so that the earth pony would not see it. She gave a small smile when she finally calmed herself and looked at the earth pony.

“That sounds lovely Bon Bon, but how are we going to pay…”

“We’re currently 3000 bits ahead of this month’s rent.”

“But who’s going to watch the shop while we’re…”

“I hired a few mares to take care of the shop and run daily errands while we’re gone.”
Lyra looked into the earth pony’s eyes and could see that there was no way to change Bon Bon’s mind.

“I guess I have no other choice then,” Lyra said with a smirk.
Bon Bon smiled back at Lyra and the two embraced with a hug.

“So then,” said Lyra, “Where exactly are you planning to drag me to?”

“Oh you’ll love it, the place we’re going to has some of the most beautiful lights at night in all of Equestria. There’s a river side view that’s more than spectacular. And this place is also supposed to have some of the top notch musicians performing from all over the world.”

“Alright Bon Bon, stop pulling my tail and tell me where we’re going.”

“We are going Lyra, to the wonderful city of Manehatten.”



Sorry this chapter is so short and took so long to write. I was at a summer camp for a few days and couldn’t get any writing down. I’ve already written parts of the next chapter which is planned to be rather long. This chapter was sort of just a preview for the events to come :). Comment, like, favorite, and tell your friends if you like the story! Have a nice day.