• Published 22nd May 2016
  • 2,022 Views, 172 Comments

What Is This Strange Feeling? - PonySage86



Friends should be happy when their friends make new friends, and Fluttershy is happy for Discord making a new Friend... At least that's what she says.

  • ...
4
 172
 2,022

Hearth's Warming Evening

Fluttershy sighs in frustration, she cann't find her tea set anywhere, it isn't in the cupboard like it's suppose to be, it isn't in the sink, the pantry or on the kitchen table. As a matter of fact it doesn't look like the tea set is in the kitchen at all. Thinking maybe Discord took it for a prank or maybe she left it on the coffee table by mistake Fluttershy decides to leave the kitchen, but she stops next to the door to the living room and listens for Discord and Moonlight voices. She can hear them, they seem to be talking about Christmas presents or something, relieved to hear such casual conversation Fluttershy preoaresto open the door when suddenly she hears a loud flash from behind her. Fluttershy quickly turns to see what made the noise, she is quite confused to see her tea set sitting on the kitchen table. A little puzzled Fluttershy walks over to the table and grabs the tea tray, with a shrug she turns back towards the living room, because of who she was friends with Fluttershy had grown accustomed to this kind of thing by now. As she returns to the door she can once again hear the two in the living room, again they are speaking about tradtions but Fluttershy doesn't like the tone of voice Moonlight is using. Just as she opens the door her eyes go wide, there in front of her in her living room are her least favorite Pony and her favorite Draconequus, kissing, Fluttershy feels a knot form in her chest. After an agonizing moment Moonlight separates from Discord and Fluttershy can feel the unicorns eyes on her, even though she's not looking at her, a grin appears on Moonlights face, right before she speaks one word.

"Mistletoe." Tears form in Fluttershys eyes, the tray slips from her hooves, it strikes the floor with a loud thud, while the tea set on top shatters into pieces. Moonlight and Discord immediately turn to look at Fluttershy, Discords eyes are wide with surprise and fear, while Moonlights grin grows wider, her eyes showing pure joy.

Literally Two Seconds Earlier

Discord was screaming internally, immediately after the kiss had started his eyes bugged out and his brain froze. Not only did his brain freeze after the kiss but time froze too, Discord had frozen time for everything except his brain. Discord was appalled to think he the Lord of Chaos had been caught off guard, he is the almighty Discord he's never been caught off guard before, well except the first time he was turned to stone... and the second time he was turned to stone... and the time Tirek stole his magic... and that time he was playing hoofball and Rainbow Dash blindsided him... and that other time, Discord mentally slaps himself Getting off topic! Gotta focus! What am I gonna do?

"Yeah what are we gonna do?" A familiar voice says, before Discord can respond a small version of himself appears in his vision, Discord doesn't even bat an eye, after all he summons tiny versions of himself to talk to. But this is the first one he's summoned since he found a some pony to talk to, one that isn't just a figment of his imagination.

"What just happened why did she do that?" Discord mentally asks his double, Tiny Discord shrugs.

"Maybe she's got the hots for ya." Tiny Discord says, Discord scoffs at him.

"Please, don't you think I'd know if some pony was interested in me, I'd know about it?" Tiny Discord turns away from Discord and looks at the reader, and gives you a this guy has no idea look.

"Regardless just what in the tartarus are you doing letting Moonlight kiss you man?" Tiny Discord asks, he narrows his eyes at the immobile Lord of Chaos.

"It's not like I wanted her to she just kinda did it." Discord retorts.

"Dude we came to Fluttershy's to get a smooch from her not the Element of Sin." Discord mentally blushes, as his physical body is still frozen in time. Discord internally coughs

"We don't know Moonlight is the Element of Sin, besides I came to spend time with my mar- I mean best friend and give her the present I made her, I'm not here to kiss her." Discord says defensively, Tiny Discord isn't buying it.

"You remember I'm you right?" Tiny Discord gestures to himself and then to Discord. "So I know everything you know."

"And some things I don't apparently." Discord says with a mental roll of the eyes

"Nope I know everything you know, even the stuff you don't want to admit." Discord averts his mind's eye from his tiny doppelganger.

"Oh shut up." Discord says under his mental breathe. "I'm going to unfreeze time now, and as you can see I have a situation to deal with." Tiny Discord looks off into an area that Discord can't see.

"A bigger situation then you think." After speaking Tiny Discord raises his talon and snaps his fingers, causing him to vanish and time to restart. As time slowly begins to flow again Discord focuses his attention on Moonlight ready to sort all this out, but a split second later he hears a loud thud along with the sound of shattering glass, he turns his head in the direction Tiny Discord had been facing and his eyes widen, there standing with her hooves covering her mouth and tears forming in her eyes, was Fluttershy.

"F-fluttershy..." Discord whispers under his breathe, a knot forms in his chest as he realizes what she just saw, but what hurts him more then Fluttershy seeing him kiss the wrong pony, is the look on her face. Discord doesn't really understand why Fluttershy looks as hurt as she does, but at that moment he doesn't care. The knot in his chest seems to have claimed all those useless organs, as Discord can feel them all forming a literal knot in his chest to go with the metaphorical one. Discord and Fluttershy just stand there staring at one another in complete silence, neither of them is the first to speak, that's the third ponies job.

"Ah Fluttershy you found the tea set." Moonlight says happily, she walks over to Fluttershy who has returned to all fours, her face turned towards the ground her hair obscuring it. Moonlight picks up the broken tea set with her magic, after quickly zapping it with a repair spell she makes her way into the kitchen. Before disappearing behind the door she turns around says in a sing songy voice with a suggestively smile and a wink. "~Let me know if you want to celebrate that tradition again~."

Once Moonlight is out of the room Discord focuses all his attention on Fluttershy. "Look Fluttershy it's not what you think she just-"

"It's okay Discord." Discord flinches a little, Fluttershy lifts a hoof up and wipes her face.

"What do you mean?" Discord asks confused.

"You don't need to explain yourself." Fluttershy timidly kicks the carpet. "After all she is very pretty."

"Wha-" Discord raises an eyebrow, unsure of where that came from. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"It doesn't matter if you kiss other ponies, after all..." Fluttershy wipes her face again. "Just friends."


"Urk- " Discord has to try as hard as he can to not have a knife literally stab him in the heart, to match the metaphorical one Fluttershy just threw. "B-but Fluttershy."

"If you'll excuse me Discord I need to feed my animals." Fluttershy bows her head even lower and then quickly starts running toward the back door.

"Fluttershy wait!" Without using his magic Discord swiftly grabs Fluttershy by the shoulder and spins her around to face him. What Discord sees surprises him, he had a feeling Fluttershy was upset but he wasn't expecting, tears are fresh in Fluttershy's eyes, her cheeks are wet from where Fluttershy wipes her face. After a moment Discord speaks. "Fluttershy I... I need to... tell you something."

"Wha..." Fluttershy stares into Discords eyes, they look so sincere, full of both concern and fear, it's a look Fluttershy has never seen Discord make this face before. A warm feeling forms in Fluttershy's heart, the pain from seeing the kiss is still there, but the warmth has diminished it some what. Words fail her, she becomes lost in Discords gaze. The two just stared at each other for what seemed like a couple minutes, after a while Discord finally continues.

"There's... there's something I've..." Discord moves his paw from her shoulder to her cheek, Fluttershy blushes slightly when he uses his thumb to wipe her tears. "I've been wanting to tell you for a long time."

"What is it Discord?" Fluttershy tilts her head to the side, so her cheek is resting gently in the palm of Discords paw. Fluttershy subconsciously leans a bit closer to Discord.

"I know we've been friends along time now." Discord says nervously. "And I know what you just saw but..."

"But what?" Fluttershy asks a bit confused and worried by his hesitation.

"It's not important." Discord says with a shake of his head.

"What is important is that your more then just a friend to me Fluttershy." Discord pulls Fluttershy a little closer to him.

"W- what do you-" Fluttershy is cut off by Discord pulling her closer and continuing to speak.

"Fluttershy I..." The two lean closer.

"Y- yes Discord?" They lean closer.

"Fluttershy..." They both start closing their eyes. "I..."

"Yes?" Their mouths mere inches apart.

"I lo-"

"~The tea is ready.~" Fluttershy and Discord immediately push away from each other, they are both blushing, avoiding each other's gaze the two turn to watch the glowing mare who just sang her way into the room. Moonlight places the tea tray on the table, then she turns to face the two other 'Ponies' in the room. "Come sit down you two, I made enough for the three of us."

"Oh right yes." Discord reaches out his paw to Fluttershy. "Shall we have some tea, my dear?"

"Um." Fluttershy doesn't look at Discord, instead she keeps her gaze on Moonlight. Moonlight stares a Fluttershy obviously waiting to see if Fluttershy takes Discords hand or not. Fluttershy does something she never thought she'd do, but after reminding herself what Moonlight had just done, she decided to go for it. Fluttershy smiles at Moonlight, causing her to raise an eyebrow, Fluttershy's smile slowly turns into a smug grin, well not so much smug, and it's not even really a grin... Fluttershy's smile slowly turns into the closest thing to a smug smile that Fluttershy can make, sort of a semi- confident smile. As she reaches out to take Discords paw, once her hoof is in Discords paw, she turns to face him. "Yes lets."

Discord and Fluttershy make their way over to the table and sit down. Discord finds himself sitting in between Moonlight and Fluttershy, the air grows tense as they all sit in silence, after a minute or so Moonlight speaks.

"So Discord how was your trip?" Discord blinks, he's been so focused on Fluttershy and Moonlight that he completely forgot to come up with something to tell his friends where he had gone without telling them anything they weren't suppose to know. A light bulb appears above Discords head as an idea pops into his head. I don't need to tell them where I was, just that I had a good time.

"Oh..uh.. it was a good trip, real relaxing, very educational." Discord leans back in his chair and smiles proudly. There, now i'm home free.

"Where did you go?" Fluttershy asks curiously. Discords eyes bug out of his head. Drat! Hiding informations one weakness! Discord clenches his teeth and shakes his fist at an invisible enemy. Follow up questions!

"Oh... ah... I went to uh..." Discord mentally curses his mother for making him keep his visit a secret. Truthfully if Fluttershy was the only one here he would've spilled the beans the second she asked...but. Discord looked at Moonlight out off the corner of his eye.But there's a wild card in the room. Discord still wasn't sure if Moonlight could be trusted, was her glowing a result of the Element of Sin, or was it just a unique thing about her. That kiss did not help, Discord couldn't understand why she had done that, Tiny Discord had said she might have a crush on him, but Discord didn't believe that. He believed Moonlight was a bit more straightforward thaln other ponies. Discord turns his eyes to face Fluttershy again, realizing that an awkward silence has filled the room while he was thinking, Discord quickly thinks an excuse and is about speak, but some pony else speaks first.

"I hear he was with Princess Luna." Discords eyes go wide as he and Fluttershy turns to look at Moonlight.

"Princess Luna?" Fluttershy asks curiously. Moonlight smiles at her fellow mare.

"That's right." Red magic envelopes the tea kettle and Moonlights horn as she begins serving the tea. "That's what I heard while I was in Canterlot."

"And where exactly did you hear that?" Discord asks a bit skeptical. Moonlight continues smiling as she fills her cup first.

"Why everywhere of course." Moonlight says with a dismissive wave of her hoof. "So many ponies saw you two fly out of Canterlot."

"We teleported out of Canterlot." Discord says eyeing Moonlight suspiciously.

"So you admit that you were with Princess Luna." Moonlight says returning Discords look. "From what I hear, you were with her the whole time you were gone."

"Well yes that is true." Discord says, he decided to just be honest, since Moonlight already knew about his trip. Discords eyes widen as something accrues to him. Fluttershy got really upset when she saw Moonlight kiss me. Then how's she gonna take the news that I almost missed Hearths Warming because I was with another mare. Discord turns to look at Fluttershy, and is slightly taken back by her pleasant smile.

"It's nice that you and Luna got to hang out." Fluttershy nods in appreciation as Moonlight fills her cup. "I'm glad your making more friends Discord."

"Oh uh." Discord grins and scratches the back of his head. "Me too."

"But doesn't it bug you that Discord was gone for so long, won't tell you where he went, and he was with another mare?" Moonlight asks a bit annoyed.

"Not really, Princess Luna is a friend of mine, and Discord does what ever he wants. And I don't want to change that about him." Fluttershy blushes and looks away from the two others at the table. "Being able to do things no matter what anypony things of you, I think it's the thing I admire most about Discord."

"Oh Fluttershy." Discord leans back in his chair and smirks. "It must have been very hard to pick that among all my wonderful qualities."

"Yes indeed it must have been." Moonlight says smiling at Discord before turning to face Fluttershy. "But Fluttershy you don't mind Discord being alone with Luna for that long... at all."

"Nope, I don't mind him being with the Princess." Fluttershy says with a nod.

"Or your friends?" Moonlight says with a raised eyebrow.

"Of course I don't mind that."

"Or The Crusaders."

"Not at all."

"Celestia?"

"Nope."

"Just me?"

"Yep." Fluttershy gasps and immediately clamps her hooves over her mouth, Moonlight gets a sinister smile on her face. Discord doesn't seem to notice the smile as he is staring at Fluttershy.

"Fluttershy wh-" Discord begins, but a very flustered Fluttershy interrupts him by rapidly waving her hooves.

"N-no I-I didn't mean t-that I-I meant-" Fluttershy's face turns beat red, not that anypony can see it as she as set her sights on the floor.

"Oh it's quite alright Fluttershy." Discord and Fluttershy turn toward a now very serious looking Moonlight. "I feel the same way about you."

The two mares glare at each other, but before can act Discord speaks up.

"Hey that's enough chit chatting." Discord says while pushing the mares back into their seats. "Why don't we have some of this nice looking tea and call it a night. What do say?"

"Sounds good to me." Moonlight says with a smirk toward Fluttershy. "How about you Flutters?"

"Uh... s-sure." Fluttershy says nervously.

The three at the table reach out and grab their tea cups. Moonlight immediately takes a sip, quickly followed by a content sigh. Discord and Fluttershy each stare at their respective cups. Discord takes a second to scan his tea for magic, he sighs in relief, the tea is completely clean of magic, he then sighs in annoyance as he remembers that he can't sense the Element of Sin so his scan tells him nothing. Discord looks at Moonlight out of the corner of his eyes. She is my friend... and friends trust each other. If Fluttershy and her friends can trust me, then I can trust her. Discord reaches down and grabs his cup, he brings it too his mouth to take a drink.

Fluttershy looks at her tea cup nervously, she had been all set to drink the tea a minute ago... but now that it was here in front of her, something was telling her to not drink it, it was the strange feeling she got earlier that told her not to believe. Fluttershy knew it wasn't jealousy because it didn't hurt. Fluttershy places her hooves on the table and slides the tea cup away from her. Moonlight and Discord put down their cups and look at her, she smiles sheepishly.

"I'm uh... not thirsty." Fluttershy says with an innocent shrug, suddenly red magic envelopes her tea cup, Fluttershy looks across the table and is greeted by Moonlights scowl. Fluttershy braces herself for Moonlights anger, but to her surprise it never comes.

"That's alright Fluttershy." Moonlight levitates the cup over to her side of the table and replaces her empty tea cup with Fluttershys full one. "More for me."

"Are you sure Fluttershy?" Discord asks a bit surprised that Fluttershy of all ponies was rejecting somepony elses act of kindness. Discord takes another sip of his tea before looking back to Fluttershy. "It's very sweet."

"Huh?" Fluttershy turns to look at Discord her eyes slightly. Very sweet. The way Discord had just said that mirrored the way Moonlight said it earlier perfectly. For some reason this made Fluttershy very uneasy, she began trying to remember when exactly Moonlight had used Discords voice to say that earlier. Fluttershy catches some movement out of the corner of her eye, she looks toward the living room were she had seen the moment, she sees Angel bunny jumping off the couch and moving out of view. Fluttershy looks back at the table, then back at the living room, then back at the table. Discord looks at Fluttershy with a puzzled look on his face.

"Everything ok Fluttershy?" Discord asks placing his cup on the table.

"um... y-yes... i mean no... i mean." Fluttershy turns back toward the living room, she stands up from the table. "I'll be right back."

"Um." Discord watches Fluttershy leave the room with a raised eyebrow, Discords look turns serious, he turns toward Moonlight who simple smiles at him. "Moonlight?"

"Yes Dissy poo." Moonlight says with a flirtatious batting of her eyelashes. Discord cringes, he doesn't like it when Moonlight calls him that.

"Why did you kiss me?" Discord asks obviously a bit nervous. Moonlight giggles att him. ugh he knows answer, Moonlight grins at him.

"Oh Discord I'd love to answer that question." A glint of malice appears in Moonlights eye. "But."

"Angel stop don't touch that!" Discord turns at the sound of Fluttershys voice.

"That's my cue to leave." Discord flips back around, but Moonlight has already vanished. Before Discord can do anything he heats the sound of shattering glass, followed by a high pitched shriek. Discord instantly teleports without even snapping his fingers.

"Fluttershy what's-" Discord is cut off from his question by the sight in front of him, Fluttershy is standing on the couch in living room desperately trying to grab her little bunny of the fireplace mantle with a stick. Why a stick? Because that's the only way she can reach him without being burned by the fire... oh yeah the Hearths Warming tree and half the living room is on fire. Fluttershy looks at Discord with tears in her eyes.

"Discord do something!" Fluttershy begs, her eyes never leaving Angel. Discord quickly snaps his fingers, a tornado of water sweeps through the room, the flames are extinguished and all the scorch marks that would've been left behind never appear. The only evidence that the fire ever existed was a charred box sitting beside the tree. Fluttershy flys over and scoops her precious bunny into a hug.

"Oh Angel I'm so glad your okay." Fluttershy happily spins her bunny around in a circle, but after two spins Fluttershy stops and looks at Angel sternly. "Why did you do that Angel, that was very dangerous."

I don't know. Angel seems to say with his eyes, Fluttershy sighs at Angels sad little face.

"Run off to bed Angel, we'll talk about this tomorrow." Fluttershy places Angel down on the floor, Angel takes one more sad look at Fluttershy before hopping off to bed. Discord clears his throat to get Fluttershys attention, she turns to look at him.

"Sooo what happened in here?" Discord asks while scratching his chin.

"Angel knocked the fire globe Moonlight gave me off the mantle." Fluttershy says while gesturing toward the broken glass on the floor. Discord looks down at the glass on the floor, he bends down to get a closer look.

"Fire globe?" Discord asks as he turns one of the shards over in his hand.

"Yeah it was like a snow-globe except it had fire swirling around inside." Discord stands up and glares down at the glass on the floor.

Nothing... no magic at all... Discord shuts his eyes and sighs heavily, with a wave of his hand the glass vanishes. There's no denying it anymore, Moonlight is definitely the Element of Sin.

"Discord are you ok?" Fluttershy asks with a worried look on her face. Discord looks at Fluttershy out of the corner of his eye.

I should come clean, the Elements of Harmon- No... It's too dangerous for them I can handle this myself. Discord smiles down at Fluttershy. "Everything is fine my dear, I'm just relieved your not hurt."

"Oh thank you Discord." Fluttershy blushes slightly, her eyes wonder to the Hearths Warming tree, once she spots the charred box her eyes widened. "Oh no."

"Hmm?" Discord watches as Fluttershy runs over to the tree, saying oh no the whole time. She grabs the box and begins taking off the charred wrapping paper.

"Please be okay, please be okay." Fluttershy repeats to herself as she manages to get the top open. Discord peers over her shoulder at the contents of the box, inside is nothing but ashes. "No..."

"Fluttershy it's okay." Discord puts a paw on her shoulder, she turns around at the touch on her shoulder, Discord flinches slightly when he sees the tears running down her face. She grabs the box and hands it to Discord.

"Discord you need to fix this." Fluttershy pleads at him, he reaches out and places his talon on the box, he realizes some magic onto the package, he scowls when nothing happens.

"No." Discord growls, Fluttershy looks up at Discord with concern, he takes his talon off the box and stares at it. I could put out the fires, even clean up the scorch marks, so why can't I fix this? He flex his talons muscles. I don't understand, why do this at all, manipulate Angel to set the house on fire right after she leaves, then use a small amount of the Elements power so I can easily put out the fire, but prevent me from fixing the gift Fluttershy got for me? Discord clenches his fist. What does this accomplish? Why even use the Elements power for something like this. Now I know for sure that shes the bearer. Why destroy the present Fluttershy got for me!? Discord swings his fist into the wall.

"What are you playing at!?!" Discord glares daggers down at the ground, and begins to growl.

"D-discord?" Upon hearing Fluttershys voice Discord immediately snaps out of his rage, he looks up from the ground excepting to see Fluttershy looking at him with fear in her eyes. But as always she only looks at him with that tender look of concern. "Are you okay?"

"Oh um." Discord blushes slightly and nonchalantly coughs. "Y-yes I"m fine my dear, unfortunately I can't repair the gift you have there."

"B-but I made this for you." Fluttershy looks sadly down at the gift she is holding. "I've wanted to give this to you for so long."

"Oh Fluttershy." Discord lifts her chin up making her look at him. "You being my friend is the only gift I've ever wanted."

"R-really?" Fluttershy asks her face turning a deep shade of red.

"Yes really... besides." Discord reaches into the ashes of the box and pulls out a small burnt strip of brown cloth, embroidered on the cloth is a Butterfly into a pink heart. "Some of it survived."

"B-but it was suppose to be a blanket with sleeves." Fluttershy says through her pout, Discord chuckles lightly.

"A blanket with sleeves?" Discord asks curiously. "I like the sound of that, but seeing how only this survived I have another use for it."

"What's that?" Fluttershy asks, Discord conjures a thin strip of cloth and connects it to the burnt cloth, he then raises it above his head and slips it on.

"Why a tie of course." Discord quickly conjures a runway and shows off his new accessory with several ridiculous poses. "How do I look?"

"It suits you Discord." Fluttershy says between giggles, suddenly Discord and the stage vanish from sight, before Fluttershy can question anything Discord reappears next to her.

"For you my sweet." Discord holds a small misshapen box in front of Fluttershys face, she grabs it and looks at it intently, None of the sides are the same size, the lid is crooked and too small for the box. she carefully lifts the lid up and gasps at the sight inside. The only thing in the box is a necklace made of flower petals with a lopsided oval locket on the end, Fluttershy opens the locket and smiles at the pictures of her and Discord the decorate the inside.

"Oh Discord I love it." Fluttershy says as she hugs the necklace to her chest, Fluttershys face nearly bursts into flames when Discord suddenly leans in and kisses her on the cheek.

"And I..." Discord hesitates a moment before speaking. "Knew you would."

Fluttershy wraps her hooves around Discords neck and nuzzles his face, Discord blushes from the hug, he pauses for only a moment before returning the Embrace.

"Happy Hearths Warming Discord." Fluttershy says tightening her hug, Discord smiles as he nuzzles the top of her head.

"Happy Hearths Warming Fluttershy."

Author's Note:

The Twin

Sorry this took as long as it did, I would have been done sooner but I recently got a PS4 and Pokemon Moon for the 3DS (Awesome game by the way). So I've been a bit distracted. But better then 2 months like last time right?

YOu may have noticed that whenever I mentioned Moonlights magic it was red instead of its normal white. That's because after the last chapter I got my first piece of Fanart, by my main Chaos sister GoldenChaos you can see that picture here: goldenchaos-mlp.deviantart.com/art/Moonlight-from-What-is-This-Strange-Feeling-644025609?ga_submit_new=10%253A1478313970

You'll have to copy and paste. Point being I loved the way Moonlight looked with red magic so much that I am actually going to go back through the story and change her white magic to red.

Please comment and let me know what you think I'd love your input.

P.S. I posted a blog asking for help with ships if your interested in helping me go ahead and go to the blog tab and leave a comment there. please don't leave a comment meant for the blog on this chapter.