• Published 22nd May 2016
  • 2,019 Views, 172 Comments

What Is This Strange Feeling? - PonySage86



Friends should be happy when their friends make new friends, and Fluttershy is happy for Discord making a new Friend... At least that's what she says.

  • ...
4
 172
 2,019

Two Weeks Later

Fluttershy seems to only be getting more and more confused by Discord's new friend, two weeks ago Moonlight had said she didn't want to make friends, yet the morning after her night time visit Fluttershy saw her and Discord playing with Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie. The day after that she helped Applejack paint the barn at Sweet Apple Acres, with her magic she was able to get anything too high for the apple family. She asked Rarity to make her a dress and much to Rarity's delight Moonlight had given her complete creative control, Rarity was so happy that she had invited Moonlight to the their weekly visit to the spa, Fluttershy had never felt like a third wheel at the spa before. The only one of Fluttershy's friends Moonlight hadn't befriended yet was Twilight and Fluttershy just assumed that was because Twilight had left town the morning after Moonlight's visit.

Right now Fluttershy was sitting at a table outside the Ponyville Cafe alongside Rarity and Applejack, but her attention was not on her dear friends sitting next to her. Instead Fluttershy found herself scowling at a group of three ponies and a Draconequus snickering to themselves as they hide behind a bush and wait for the Mayor Mare to walk into their trap.

"Fluttershy?" Applejack voice enters Fluttershy's ear but she doesn't seem to hear it. Fluttershy's scowl intenfies as the scheming ponies trap is sprung and they all begin laughing at the newly airborne Mayor. Fluttershy begins grinding her teeth as Discord drapes his talon over Moonlight's shoulder as he holds his side.

"Fluttershy?" Rarity calls out to her friend, but again Fluttershy pays her friend no mind. Fluttershy had realized her feelings for Discord the night Moonlight came to visit, it took her a bit longer to realize that she was jealous of Moonlight's friendship with Discord. She could do things with Discord that Fluttershy couldn't, Fluttershy didn't know how to prank ponies, and she didn't really want to. The talks the two of them had about magic just made Fluttershy's head hurt, and Moonlight seemed to know everything as she could talk to Discord about anything, history, magic, she even knew a lot about plants and animals. They really did have a lot in common, and Fluttershy did not like that at all.

"Fluttershy!?" Rarity and Applejack nearly shout at their friend, but Fluttershy is still off in her own little world. Rarity sighs in defeat and turns her attention back to the farmer sitting next to her.

"It's no use Darling she's in full jealous mode." Rarity says as she stirs her tea slightly, Applejack groans.

"Really? Again?" Applejack puts her face in her hooves, and sighs heavily.

"I'm afraid so." Rarity turns back to her disgruntled friend. "Third time this week."

"Shouldn't she just talk to Discord about what's bothering her?" Applejack says, she moves her hooves off her face and places them back on the table, Rarity shakes her head.All of Fluttershy's friends had picked up on Fluttershy's behavior over the last two weeks and had immediately figured out what it meant after all Fluttershy was not being very subtle. Her friends knew she was jealous, and they all understood after all Fluttershy is Discord's best friend and now he's spending a lot of time with a new friend, her friends believe she just misses how things use to be.

"She doesn't want to, she's worried that telling Discord that she's jealous of Moonlight will ruin their friendship, Moonlight and Discords and Fluttershy's and Discords." Rarity looks back at Applejack.

"Ya got a point there." Applejack looks past Rarity toward Fluttershy. "I just hope she gets back to normal soon."

"Unfortunately that won't happen until her and Moonlight start getting along, or if Moonlight leaves town." Rarity says, she slightly chuckles to herself as Fluttershy smiles at the last part of her sentence.

"Why do you suppose Fluttershy is jealous anyway?" Applejack asks raising an eyebrow, hoping that her more romantic friend can shed some light on the situation.

"Well it would be unladylike of me to reveal Fluttershy's true reasons." Rarity says dramatically putting a hoof to her chest for emphasis, Applejack just rolls her eyes. "I'll just say that I see a triangle forming here."

"A triangle?" Applejack raises an eyebrow. "What does that mean?"

"You'll understand when your older darling." Rarity giggles to herself, Applejack glares at her friend.

"Your a year younger then me!" Rarity starts laughing at her friend, but before either can speak again the third pony in their group speaks.

"Hey Discord!" Fluttershy shouts happily, well as close to shouting as Fluttershy can get. Rarity smiles at her yellow pegasus friend's over excited reaction to Discord's approach. Applejack watches as Discord, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie approach the table she notices that their group is short one.

"Hey y'all where'd that glowin' girl go?" Applejack asks her eyes searching for the pony shes talking about. The three ponies... two ponies and one draconequus sit down at the table, Discord transforms his chair into a bizarre throne that seemed to be made out of iron swords, he doesn't seem to notice that Applejack asked him a question as he focuses his attention and Fluttershy, the two begin having a conversation about their weekly tea party tomorrow. Lucky for Applejack Rainbow Dash decides to answer the question.

"Moonlight said she needs somepony to talk too." Rainbow Dash says as she waves over the waiter, Rarity raises an eyebrow.

"Somepony to talk too? Who does she know other then the six of us?" Rarity asks gesturing to the ponies sitting at the table.

"We don't know the meanie wouldn't tell us who it was." Pinkie Pie says while pouting, she smiles when the waiter brings over a tray with two cups, one is chocolate milk (with whipped cream) for Pinkie Pie, the second is a glass of root beer for Rainbow Dash.

"Maybe Discord knows?" Applejack asks putting a hoof to her chin and turning toward the Draconequus in question, who is busy literally spinning a yarn for Fluttershy.Rainbow Dash catches Applejack's attention with a dismissive wave of her hoof.

"Nah he doesn't know either." Rainbow Dash says nonchalantly before taking a sip of her soda.

"Oh well it's Moonlight's business, I'm sure she'd tell us if it was something important." Rarity says matching Rainbow Dash's dismissive wave, as her friends nod in agreement Rarity turns and looks at Fluttershy and Discord, whose chairs have moved closer to each other they're smiling and laughing about the story Discord just finished. Rarity smiles happily at her friends. "I'm don't think Moonlight has much of a chance here."

Ponyville Train Station

"Thanks again Iron Sprocket." Twilight says as she steps off the friendship express, the personal train of the elements of harmony, the engine car is iron gray and copper, matching the conductor and his wife's colors, it has six cars attached to the engine. the first houses a library and is purple with large metal wings attached to it, the second is white with purple gems painted on it which holds a dining room, the third is blue with a rainbow roof it holds an arcade it also has large metal wings attached, the fourth is orange and is decorated like a barn this one is where the sleeping area is, the fifth is yellow with a pink roof and yellow metal wings which houses a green house and is perfect for animals, the last car is pure pink and is covered in paintings of balloons the inside of this car is much larger on the inside and has a chocolate fountain and a ball pit along with lots of party supplies.

"It's my pleasure your highness." A iron gray stallion with chrome hair and dark blue eyes says as he steps out of the engine car and dusts off his striped conductors hat. "It is my job after all."

"Well still thank you anyway, if it wasn't for you and Copper Bolt's train I wouldn't have been back until tomorrow." Twilight smiles at the conductor pony.

"Well I got to head back to Canterlot but give me a holler whenever any of you need a lift." Iron Sprocket and Twilight wave at each other once more as he boards the train once more. Twilight turns to walk into Ponyville as the train begins to move, she yelps in surprise as she is suddenly face to face with a bizarre glowing white pony, with a equally bizarre starry black mane, and piercing red eyes. Twilight is immediately able to tell that this is Moonlight, Discord's new friend that Fluttershy told her about in a letter, although Twilight couldn't tell if she was a mean friend stealing mare just yet, Twilight puts a hoof to her chin still a bit confused as to why Fluttershy had said that in her letter.

"Um hello Moonlight." Twilight says a bit nervously, Moonlight blinks slightly taken aback by Twilight already knowing who she is, Twilight notices her surprise and decides to explain. "Oh um Fluttershy sent me letter telling me about you."

"Oh." Moonlight forces a smile. "How nice of her."

"So... um... whats up?" Twilight asks, shes a bit surprised anypony is here, not even her friends knew she was getting back in town today, so she was confused as to why Moonlight was at the train station, as far as Twilight knew no trains were scheduled to come or go today.

"Oh I just wanted to talk to you a minute." Moonlight says her forced smile becoming more genuine, Twilight blinks in confusion, Moonlight was here to see her, but how did she know she was gonna be here. Twilight decides not to ask for now.

"So what did you want to talk about?" Twilight asks smiling at the strange pony.

"I just wanted to say thank you." Moonlight bows her head as she thanks Twilight, Twilight just blinks in confusion.

"Thank me for what?" Twilight asks raising an eyebrow.

"For defeating Tirek the way you did." Twilight blinks in confusion. "With the power of the four alicorn princesses who could have killed him."

"Wha?" Twilight's eyes widen, she had thought prepares she could have destroyed Tirek back when they fought, but she hadn't told anypony.

"But you chose to sacrifice your power for Discord... and the rest of your friends." Moonlight says proudly, she smiles sheepishly at the end of her sentence.

"Oh well theres no need to thank me." Twilight says rubbing the back of her neck.

"Oh yes there is your highness, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be friends with Discord right now." Moonlight gives Twilight one of the sweetest smiles the alicorn as ever seen. "If it wasn't for you I wouldn't even be here right now."

"Y-your w-welcome." Twilight stammers out in confusion, Moonlight nods happily as she turns to walk away. Twilight watches the unicorn disappear around the corner, suddenly very curious Twilight teleports to the corner and looks in the direction Moonlight was walking, but before she can ask Moonlight any questions she notices that Moonlight isn't there, the street is completely empty. Twilight looks around for the pony but can't find her anywhere, she scartches her head. Twilight puts a hoof to her chin thinking about the last thing Moonlight had said, If it wasn't for you I wouldn't even be here right now.

"Why doesn't that sound right?" Twilight ponders out loud as she begins walking toward her castle.

Author's Note:

The Twin

This chapter took a bit longer to write, I had some problems with my computer last week other wise I would have had it up by the weekend.

Originally I was gonna have jealous Fluttershy absentmindedly answer questions that Rarity and Applejack asked her, eventually having her reveal that both her and Moonlight were in love with Discord. But I decided that was kinda dumb, so instead I had Rarity already know that Fluttershy was in love with Discord and the rest just think that Fluttershy is jealous like Discord had been at the grand galloping Gala, as in jealous of a new friend.

Did all you ponies who have read The Tag Team From Tartarus enjoy the Iron Sprocket cameo? I decided that the mane six aren't treated special enough so I gave them a personal train and Conductor.

Please comment and let me know what you think of the chapter?