• Published 22nd May 2016
  • 2,019 Views, 172 Comments

What Is This Strange Feeling? - PonySage86



Friends should be happy when their friends make new friends, and Fluttershy is happy for Discord making a new Friend... At least that's what she says.

  • ...
4
 172
 2,019

Battle Of The Moons

"You know of all the things that have happened to me since I got this body, This." Moonlight sticks her hoove into the hole that was blasted into her face for emphasis. "Has to be the most unexpected, so coodoes to you Luna."

"H-how..." Luna gaps at the sight before her, she knew she had gotten a direct hit but she didn't think that blast would take off half her face. On a normal pony yes but she thought the Element of Sins body would be tougher. Luna also notices that Moonlights voice isn't distorted anymore, this makes Luna wonder. Did her true self shine through when she was damaged?"

"Am I alive?" Moonlight asks as she removes her hoof from where eye socket should be, Moonlight scuffs at Luna. "The condition of this mortal shell means nothing to me."

"Where did you even get a body?" Discord grunts as he succumbs to the Tatzlwurm venom, his body turns pale with green dots all over, Luna looks down at her sick friend sadly, before returning her gaze to Moonlight.

"And why are you doing this?" Luna asks as she slowly inches away from Discord.

"And where's Fluttershy!?" Discord growls between clenched teeth. Luna looks back at Discord with wide eyes, she didn't know anything had happened to Fluttershy. But before she can ask about it her attention is brought back to Moonlight when the glowing mare begins chuckling again.

"Oh my such big questions, and rather important ones too, I'm going to need a moment to decide which one to answer first." Moonlight puts her hoof to her chin and begins thinking about it, her head bobs left to right as she internally debates which question she should answer first. Suddenly it hits her she ignites her horn and raises her horn to proclaim. "None of them."

...Then the house exploded.

Ponyville Sqaure: By The Well

"What the hay was that?" Applejack glances around town but can't see where the explosion came from.

"I don't know darling." Rarity says before shaking off her confusion and continuing to fill buckets, though at this point the bucket brigade and rain clouds have dealt with most of the fire.

"Think it was Twilight?" Pinkie Pie says suddenly joining the conversation. This gives the other two Elements pause.

"Could she and Moonlight still be fighting?" Rarity asks a touch concerned, Applejack sees the concern on her friends and gives a warm smile to try and help.

"Don't ya worry none." Applejack says while giving her friends big pats on the back. "Remember Princess Luna went to help her."

"Your right." Rarity smiles back at her friend. "I'm sure Princess Luna can handle it."

The Sky Above Fluttershys House Crater

"Whoa!" Luna shouts as she dodges a bolt of red magic, with a scowl she looks down at the pony that fired at her, the bizzare glowing mare who had just recently annihilated the Element of Kindnesses home leaving only the small space she had been standing untouched. So now there is a five foot deep crater with a pillar of earth in the center of it topped with a coffee table. I just barely managed to avoid that attack, if she had just fired it off without thinking. I don't know how powerful she really is so I'd better play it safe for now. Her eyes lock onto the pale green spotted mass of Chaos Lord laying in the crater. "Then again I wouldn't even be in this mess if somepony had just told me about Moonlight earlier!"

Discord turns his head to look up at Luna, and replies dryly. "I'm going to assume that was directed at me."

"Your damn right it was!" Luna shakes her hoof at Discord. "Why didn't you just tell me before?!"

"I needed to be sure." Discord says nervously as he avoids eye contact.

"She is glowing Discord, clopping glowing!" Luna gestures wildly in Moonlights direction. "That didn't seem a bit odd to you?"

"Look I'm sorry." Discord remakes eyecontact. "Now can you please help me stop her, or are you just gonna keep yelling at me?"

"Oh don't think for a second that I can't do both." Luna shouts at Discord before turning back to where Moonlight is standing, except she's not there. "Huh?"

"Y'know, right now I don't think you can do either." Before Luna can turn to the sound of the voice she feels a hoof slam into her back, sending her toward the ground. With a quick glow of her horn and a strong flap of her wings, Luna stops herself before she collides with the ground. She flips around and glares at the mare floating where she had just been, Moonlight is surrounded by a shimmering red aura.

Luna fires a blast of dark blue energy at her opponent, who fires a blast of red energy in return. The blasts explode when they collide momentarily blinding Discord, once he has his vision back he can see that the two mares have vanished. Sudden a loud bang rings through the air as Luna and Moonlight's hooves collide, this happens several more times as the two mare battle it out in the air. Normally Discord could keep up with the action but the venom in his system is making it hard for him to focus enough to keep up with their movements. Which he doesn't have to worry about for long as the two combatants land on opposite sides of the crater.

"Answer me at least one thing Moonlight." Luna demands, Moonlight smirks.

"Depends what you want to know." Luna scowls at the Element of Sin.

"Why me?" Moonlights smirk turns into a preplexed stare. "Why did you possess me all those years ago?"

"Hmm." Moonlight puts her hoof to her chin. "I suppose it was because we're so alike."

"Alike!?" Luna blurts out. "We are nothing alike!"

"I guess you're right, I mean we're just, both younger sisters to far more beloved figures, and we are disliked because of the dark undertones of our powers, polar opposites me and you." Moonlight glares at Luna for a moment before shrugging. "As for why I wanted to possess anypony, I needed a body so I could free Discord and start puttin the moves on him."

"Wait a minute." Lunas eye starts twitching and face contorts into a look of disgust. "You were going to use my body to mate with Discord?"

"Yes, obviously." Moonlight rolls her eyes as the two former villians lock eyes, Discord smiles nervously unsure of how to react to this news, he quickly notices that Luna is blushing a deep shade of green making her puffed out cheeks a dark teal... just as Discord remembers that blushing isn't green nor does it involve puffing out your cheeks Luna runs off to vomit in the nearest bush, Discord scowls at the spot his friend had just been.

"Oh come I'm not that bad!" Discord shouts as loud as he can despite the poison, Luna comes back to the edge of the crater while using a napkin from the coffee table to wipe her mouth.

"I'm sorry Discord it's just that the thought of us as a couple..." Luna uses her eyes to gesture toward the bush she had just come from.

"Makes you vomit." Discord says dryly.

"Exactly." Luna says with a smile.

"Come on I thought we were friends." Discord whines from his spot in the crater.

"Yes and as your friend I find the idea of kissing you revolting." Luna shrugs her shoulders. "It's nothing personal."

"Using the word revolting makes it feel pretty personal." Discord lowers his gaze and pouts, Luna rolls her eyes at her friends whining.

"Look Discord-" Before Luna can speak another word something strikes her back sending her flying into the crater, she lands face down right next to the sick Draconequus. Discord raises his head and looks at his friend sprawled out the ground.

"I'm starting to think you can't do both." Discord says sarcastically.

"Shut... up." Luna mumbles through the dirt.

Ponyville Square

Colors explode through the air as Rainbow Dash bursts through the storm clouds over Ponyville, as she lands in Ponyville's Town Square her harmony mode shuts off returning her mane to normal. Before she can take one step a white and purple blur suddenly crashes into her embracing her tightly.

"Oh my dear Rainbow Dash I'm so glad your back I've been so worried." Rarity says in her usual dramatic fashion Rainbow Dash smiles and returns the embrace.

"I'm okay Rare..." Rainbow looks away from Rarity to see the other three ponies walking towards them. "Hey guys what happened around here? There weren't suppose to be any rain clouds today."

"It was that varmint Moonlight." Applejack says with a huff.

"What was threating my mother not enough for her, she had to rain out Ponyville too?" Rainbow Dash scowls at the foe that isn't there. "How'd she get all these clouds here anyway?"

"Actually we had the weather team bring these in." Rarity loosing her grip on Rainbow Dash slightly.

"After you left that big old meany decided to try and burn down the whole town." Pinkie Pie adds with a big pout.

"Wait I'm confused what happened to your mother?" Night Fly asks joining the conversation. "And who's-"

"Luckily nothing." Rainbow says interrupting the ebony pony's second question. "I got there in time and got the fire globe away from her before it could explode."

"Uh...?" Night Fly stares at Rainbow Dash in confusion as she doesn't know what a fire globe is or why it would explode. Much to her dismay the Elements of Harmony continue their conversation without explaining.

"Well that's good partner." Applejack chimes in with a nod. "Finally some good news today."

"How'd you get rid of it?" Pinkie Pie asks her in usual bubbly tone.

"Well as soon as I saw it I dove across the room and-" Rainbow Dash is suddenly interrupted by the shouts of an adolescent dragon.

"Guys! Guys!" The five mares all turn to see the short purple dragon running toward them. Applejack is the first to react.

"Whoa Sugarcube what's wrong?" Applejack exclaims as Spike begins panting heavily. He holds up a claw with a scroll.

"Fought fires... forgot to... deliever... letter." Spike gulps in air with each pause.

"A letter from who?" Rarity asks as she releases Rainbow Dash from her embrace but does not leave her said.

"It's from Princess Celestia." Spike says after catching his breath, he looks between the mares gathered before him and raises an eyebrow. "Um... where's Twilight?"

"Last I saw her she was at Sweet Apple Acres." Rarity says a bit worried, Applejack scratches her chin.

"Ya don't rektin her and Princess Luna are still dealing with Moonlight do ya?" Rainbow turns to face her country friend.

"Princess Luna? What's she doing here?" Rainbow Dash looks at everypony gathered, but before any of them can respond another voice speaks up.

"She was here looking for Discord and Moonlight." All five mares and one dragon turn toward the source of the voice, they all gasp in surprise and all but Nightfly dash over to the slightly worse for wear Princess of Friendship.

"Twilight!" The Elements of Harmony shout, along with Spike, as they reach their friend.

"What happened to you, sugarcube?"

"Darling where's Princess Luna?"

"Did you kick Moonlights butt?"

"Are you okay?"

"Do you want some cake?" All ponies present turn to look at Pinkie Pie, who just shrugs. "What you guys took all the good ones."

"Spike can I see that letter?" Twilight's question surprises the young dragon but he nods and hands it to her.

"So sugarcube you gonna tell us what happened." Twilight doesn't notice that Applejack spoke her eyes are fixated on the letter from Celestia.

"I'll tell you on the way." Twilight closes the scroll in her hoof. "We need to find Fluttershy."

Back at Fluttershy's Crater

"Honestly I don't know why you two are putting up such a fuss." Moonlight lands next to the ill Lord of Chaos and the face down Princess of the Night. "So I'm trying to kidnap Discord and have done something mysterious to Fluttershy, that's far from the worst thing anypony has ever done."

"Actually hurting Fluttershy is the worst thing anypony can do." Discord declares from his spot on the ground. Moonlight grins at him and leans in close to his face.

"Then I guess that's another thing we have in common." Discord narrows his eyes at the Element of Sin and swings his paw at her, but due to the poison she can easily evade his lethargic swipe. "Don't be that way Discord you'll be mine soon enough I'd rather you be in a good mood."

"Why are you doing this I thought we were friends?" Discord snarls at the glowing mare, who frowns back at him.

"I don't want friends." Her tone serious, she reaches out with her hoof. "I want you."

"Luna help!" Discord shouts as loud as the venom will allow, he looks over where Luna was laying down causing Moonlight to do the same, they are both surprised to find the ground bare of any sign of the Night Princess.

"Huh?" Moonlight looks around the area , but can't see Luna anywhere not even above her. "Where did she go?"

"Hmm?" Discord looks down at the ground at Moonlights hooves, the dirt is glowing a dark blue. Discord opens his mouth to question this when the ground suddenly erupts sending a pillar of dark blue magic straight into the air taking Moonlight along with it who screams in anger the entire way. Moments later Luna bursts forth from the hole in the ground taking in a gasp of air.

"Oh my Me! Dirt is not good for the lungs." Luna says between coughs, Discord stares wide eyed at his Princess friend.

"Luna!?" She turns to look at him.

"Yeah?" She looks away from Discord and toward the beam of magic still carrying the glowing pony with it as it falls into the Everfree forest. "What?"

"How did you get down there?" Discord raises an eyebrow at his friend as she dusts herself off and heads over to him.

"Teleportation trick my brother taught me." She helps Discord sit up as she talks. "Concentrate hard enough and you can teleport into the space between the dirt, do it wrong and you teleport into the dirt which can be really bad if there's too much of it."

"Your brother comes up with the weirdest tricks." Discord grunts as he drops onto his rump in a sitting position. "For ponies anyway."

"He liked to push the limits of what magic is capable of." Luna flops down on the ground next to the Spirit of Chaos, both immortals sigh heavily.

"Any idea how we can get rid of her?" Discord says hopefully, Luna smirks at him.

"Well my brother used to throw every magic problem he had into the human world." The two Immortals share a chuckle, followed by a sigh.

"Hmm now that's an idea." Discord smiles and then immediately frowns. "But I don't think that would work."

"What the hay happened here!?" The two immortals turn to see five of the Elements of Harmony standing at the edge of Fluttershy's crater, with Spike of course.

"Princess Luna? Discord!?" Twilight looks between the two ancients with a look of shock. "What's going on!?"

"Uhh..." Before the two can respond a glowing red sphere bursts from the Everfree treeline and stops over the center of the crater, within the glowing sphere is Moonlight a fresh black scar along her belly and pure rage in her eyes. The duo of ex-villains point at the Element of Sin. "That."

"Oh great now these twits are here too." Moonlight scowls at the gathered ponies. "I was hoping that fire would get you out of my hair, I didn't want to have deal with my sisters little vermin too."

"So it's true." Twilight glares up at Moonlight. "You are the Element of Sin."

"Oh." Moonlight raises an eyebrow at the Princess of Friendship, while the two immortal pals look at her in surprise. "That's an excellent guess, how did you know?"

"Ever since Fluttershy showed me your tea I thought your magic was similar to our harmony magic, our battle confirmed my hypothesis, while Princess Celestia's letter gave me the name." Moonlight claps at the Princess explanation.

"Impressive Princess you're a lot smarter then I gave you credit for." Twilight jabs a hoof a Moonlight.

"And as the Elements of Harmony we have the power to defeat you." This statement causes Moonlight to stop clapping and groan instead.

"And what makes you say that?" Moonlight asks dryly, Twilight smirks at her.

"Cause it's five on one." Twilight and the others all strike battle poses.

"So you better step away from the Princess and Discord." Rarity adds.

"And give us back Fluttershy." Applejack says.

"Or your going down!" Rainbow Dash and Pinkie say in unison.

Moonlight looks between the five present Elements of Harmony with a bored look. "Ok I was wrong, you're just as dumb as I gave you credit for."

"Huh?" Twilight blinks in surprise, Moonlight groans.

"When have you ever been able to do anything with only five Elements of Harmony?" Moonlights asks as she floats closer to the team.

"Since now!" Rainbow shouts as she dashes forward her hair exploding into its long harmony form, Pinkie dashes forward at the same time also popping into Harmony mode, they both collide with Moonlight sending her backwards through the air. Moonlight explodes her sphere of magic sending the two Elements flying back, Moonlight quickly grabs Rainbow Dash with her magic before diving toward Pinkie Pie and pinning her to the ground with her hooves.

"You idiots really don't understand anything do you!?" Moonlight shouts at the ponies in her grasp.

"Let them go!" Moonlight looks up just in time to see the orange hoof collide with her face, much to the surprise of the now Harmony form Applejack Moonlight doesn't flinch from the blow. Applejack suddenly realizes why, her hoof went straight into the hole in Moonlights face and just barely touched the back of her head. "What the-"

"Not a damn thing!" The swirling mass of magic inside Moonlights body seems to grab Applejack by the hoof and forcibly shove her backward pinning her to the ground, with her remaining eye Moonlight looks up to see a newly harmony form Rarity running at her, with a bit of body manipulation she launches her mane to grab Rarity, catching the Element of Generosity off guard and lifting her into the air. Moonlight gives her four captives a manic grin, but before she can do anything to them a swirling beam of purple and dark blue crashes onto her from the sky.

"Take this!" Twilight shouts as her and Princess Luna intensify their beams forcing Moonlight to release her hold on the others. Twilight and Luna land next to the freshly freed Elements. "Careful guys we can't just rush in, she has a lot more power then I thought."

"We need Fluttershy." Luna speaks to the five mares near her but doesn't take her eyes off Moonlight. "You each only carry one sixth of the Spirit of Harmony's power, while Moonlight has all of her power."

"You mean we don't stand a chance without Fluttershy?" Twilight asks while also making sure to keep her eyes on Moonlight.

"Exactly, but not only do we need her, we need her and you to reach the Harmony state." Luna looks over at Twilight. "Can you do it?"

"Uh..." Twilight remembers what happened back in Sweet Apple Acres when she tried to use the Harmony power, and the power she reached instead. "I-I'll try."

"GAA!!" Rainbow Dash suddenly dashes forward and collides hooves with Moonlight. "Where is Fluttershy!?"

"It doesn't matter!" Moonlight and Rainbow Dash exchange blows for a short time before Moonlight blasts her away with her magic, a small crack appears in the air above them. "You'll never see her again!"

Before Moonlight can pursue Rainbow Dash Applejack and Pinkie Pie collide with her on opposite sides, the strength of Applejack's blows and Pinkies unpredictable pattern pushes Moonlight backward. The glowing mare jumps into the air and slams a wave of magic onto the two earth ponies. The crack grows larger, Moonlight suddenly feels a beam of magic blast her side, she turns to find Rarity firing another one, Moonlight easily deflects the blast with her hoof before launching her own Rarity moves out of the way to avoid a direct hit but is still caught in the blast radius. The crack continues to grow, suddenly Luna flies out of the smoke caused by Moonlight's blast and punches Moonlight in the face, Moonlight returns the favor with her attack but can't attack again as a blast hits her from behind taking this chance Luna slams Moonlight toward the ground, Twilight fires more blasts at the falling form of Moonlight. But Moonlight teleports before they can hit her, before Twilight can react she has been grabbed by her tail and flung into a swirling red portal, she comes out directly in front of her own energy blasts. The crack in the air now looks like a window that's been hit by a baseball. Luna flies into Moonlight and they both go hurdling toward the ground, they strike each others bodies as they fall Moonlight manages to get free of Luna and shove her away but she can't stop herself before she collides with the ground. The crack grows even more.

"Ugh these ponies." Moonlight pushes herself off the ground and rubs her head. "Mortals are more stubborn then I remember."

"HEY MOONLIGHT!"

"Hmm?" Moonlight looks up at the sky, high in the sky is Rainbow Dash slamming her hooves together in a challenging gesture. A stream of purple magic flows up from Rarity on the ground, it wraps around Rainbow Dash, she grins and points down at Moonlight.

"This is the part where you fall down." The stream of magic finishes it's transfer and Rainbow Dash dives down straight at Moonlight gaining speed rapidly. Moonlight rolls her eyes at the Element hurling herself at her.

"It's a shame for her to be this stupid." Moonlight aims her horn at Rainbow Dash and begins channeling her magic, a sinister grin stretches across her face as her spell fully charges. "Goodbye Rainbow Dash!"

As the Rainboom cone begins to form around Rainbow Dash Moonlight begins to launch her spell, but before she can her head is suddenly struck and pushed to the side so her beam misses Rainbow Dash. The familiar sound of a Sonic Rainboom going off fills the air as Moonlight turns to see what struck her, she narrows her eyes at the small purple dragon who just breathed fire. You little bas- When Rainbow Dash collides with Moonlight it causes an explosion of magical rainbows.

When the dust settles the four elements of harmony run to find Rainbow Dash laying down in the crater her harmony form has faded away, Spike emerges from a pile of dirt and Luna arrives with the sickly Lord of Chaos. Rarity helps Rainbow Dash to her hooves, Rainbow gives the closest thing a pony can to a thumbs up. Luna places Discord down among the ponies gathered.

"Good job ladies that was really impressive." The gathered mares all smile at each other, they all jump in surprise as the crack in the sky makes an audible crack. They all turn to see the large crack in the air, but before any of them can react or form a sentence Moonlight erupts out of the ground surrounded in a blood red aura.

"I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS!!!!" Tendrils of magic shoot out from Moonlight and pin everypony to the ground, bolts of red lightening shoot through the tendrils and shock all the ponies present, Moonlights eyes and smile turn twisted and manic as she begins to laugh.

Suddenly the crack in the sky explodes outward opening a large red and black swirling portal, a large fist of black swirling energy erupts from the portal and slams into Moonlight but she manages to teleport away before it slams her into the ground, the strike still interrupts her spell on the others. All the ponies quickly get back up and stare at the black fist that just crashed in, even Moonlight floats nearby watching the strange object. The fist opens up and quickly returns to the portal which quickly closes after it, but none of them notice the portal as they stare at the long flowing mane of pink with teal high lights and the bright shining eyes of the owner of the mane, Discords face breaks into a giant smile.

"Fl-Fluttershy!"

Author's Note:

The Twin

Sorry this chapter took so long to make had a lot of overtime at work and a few personal things about how I write that made me change a few things so I liked how the chapter flowed better.

Anyway please let me know what you thought of this chapter.

Next chapter will be a flashback to what happened to Fluttershy.