• Published 22nd May 2016
  • 2,019 Views, 172 Comments

What Is This Strange Feeling? - PonySage86



Friends should be happy when their friends make new friends, and Fluttershy is happy for Discord making a new Friend... At least that's what she says.

  • ...
4
 172
 2,019

Questions

Fluttershy sits on the couch in the living room of her cottage, the saddle bag that she had been carrying groceries with sits on the coffee table in front of her, although upset she had managed to put away the groceries. Fluttershy has her face buried in the locked saddle bag she was carrying earlier. She reaches toward the the bag on the table, after rummaging through the bag she pulls out a small key and quickly unlocks the bag she's holding. Fluttershy gazes in at all the tulle's of fabric she bought from the market. She sighs deeply and stashes the bag under the couch, she then looks over at the remaining saddle bag. Fluttershy reaches out a hoof to grab the bag, but she stops as her conversation with Moonlight replays in her head. Her eyes well up a little and she flops down on the couch burying her face in the couch pillow, she screams into the pillow... most ponies would call it a light whimper.

"Why do I feel this bad!?" Fluttershy shouts into her pillow, her anger subsides as she sighs deeply. She knew what Moonlight had said shouldn't have upset her, and they did, they had really upset her. Fluttershy sighs deeply, she didn't believe what Moonlight said, she really liked being friends with Discord it may have been a mission from the Princess but Fluttershy never thought of it that way. She did feel bad about turning Discord to stone, in fact she felt terrible, and everyday she hangs out with Discord just makes her regret her part in turning him to stone. What really bothered her about what Moonlight said was what Discord thought. Did he have the same thoughts, the familiar pain returned to her chest, did he think Fluttershy was only friends with him because of Celestia's orders, did he call her his best friend because she was his only friend, did this mean Moonlight was his new...

"NO SHE IS NOT!" Fluttershy screams as she bolts up from the pillow and slams her hooves onto the couch, she immediately covers her mouth with her hooves, her face turns beet red. She looks around the room embarrassed that somepony could have heard her. Fluttershy moves her hooves away from her mouth and looks down at them, a look of bewilderment on her face. Where did that come from? Fluttershy doesn't have time to ponder that thought as a knock on the door grabs her attention. She hops off the couch and runs over to the door, she flings it open and instinctively looks up, she frowns when she doesn't meet the gaze of the Draconequus that always shows up to brighten her mood. Fluttershy frowns as she lowers her gaze and comes face to face with Ponyville's resident mail pony. The mail pony smiles at Fluttershy oblivious to her disappointment.

"Good afternoon Fluttershy." Fluttershy smiles at the mail pony.

"Good afternoon Fed Ex." Fluttershy's smile drops and she raises an eyebrow at Fed Ex. "What brings you here so late?"

"I have..." Fed Ex rummages through his mail bag, after a minute he pulls out a letter the size of a folded up post it note. Fluttershy looks at the tiny letter in confusion. "A letter for ya, it was dropped off about an hour ago."

"An hour ago?" Fluttershy looks up from the letter and back at Fed Ex. "But the post office is closed shouldn't you have waited till tomorrow."

"Well Fluttershy I was still at the office, so I decided to deliver the letter before heading home." Fed Ex looks at her nervously. "I was not at home minding my own business when the sender showed up at the door and threatened to turn me into cotton candy if I didn't deliver this letter as soon as I could."

"Um..." Fluttershy blinks at Fed Ex in bewilderment, Fed Ex looks at her sheepishly.

"The sender demanded that I clarify that when I delivered the letter." Fluttershy continues staring at him in confusion, but she just shrugs at smiles at him.

"Thank you Fed Ex this was very kind of you." Fed Ex smiles and gives her a friendly nod.

"My pleasure." Fed Ex tips his hat and then turns around and begins walking down the road, Fluttershy waves goodbye and head back inside.

"Alright Discord." Fluttershy says happily, a huge smile on her face, she places a hoof on the seal of the envelope. "You can come out now." Fluttershy holds the letter away from herself and carefully open it, as soon as the flap is all the way open she drops the letter and covers her ears... after a minute she uncovers her ears and looks down at the envelope on the floor. She carefully picks it and looks inside, she sees nothing inside, she opens the tiny letter further and begins searching ever inch of it. She's so distracted she doesn't even notice that somepony is hovering right over her shoulder watching her search.

"Hey, whatcha looking for?" Discord asks into Fluttershy's ear, Fluttershy continues searching the envelope in vain.

"I'm looking for you Discord, I know this letter is from you, and you always pop out of them when you sends envelopes this small." Fluttershy gives a huff as she looks over the letter once more, Discord taps his chin with his talon.

"I do?" Fluttershy sighs and turns to look at Discord.

"Yes you do." Fluttershy rolls her eyes and looks back at the letter. "Now let me focus your not gonna... surprise... me... this..." Fluttershy turns back to look at Discord. "Time?"

"Surprise." Discord flashes her a toothy grin, Fluttershy gasps as a huge smile appears on her face. She flings herself at Discord wrapping her hooves around his neck hugging him tightly.

"Discord I'm so glad your here!" Fluttershy giggles happily as Discord wraps his arms around her. And not with Moonlight. Fluttershy stops giggling and her smile drops as the thought crosses her mind. It's true she was glad Discord was here, but she was even happier that he wasn't with Moonlight. Fluttershy's smile returns and she squeezes Discord a little harder, she felt guilty at the thought that Discord had chosen to be with her over Moonlight but at that moment she didn't care, she was just glad he was there. Her smile fades slightly as Discord stops the hug, he holds her under her fore hooves so their at eye level.

"Are you okay?" Fluttershy blushes at the level of concern in Discord's voice, she gazes at his eyes, the shining red of his eyes seems to float like rubies in a ocean of liquid gold.

"Y-yeah I'm ok." Fluttershy averts her gaze suddenly embarrassed, Discord raises an eyebrow at her, not fully believing what she said.

"Did Moonlight upset you?" Fluttershy's eyes widen as she returns her gaze to Discord.

"What? No, no, no!" Fluttershy flails her arms around, Discord can't help but chuckle at how adorable she is when she's flustered. Fluttershy stops flailing her limbs and averts her gaze once more. She didn't like what Moonlight had said, but she didn't want to ruin Discord's friendship with her. Then a thought suddenly struck her, she frowns at the thought, not because it's a bad thought but of how nervous she was about the answer. "It's just..."

"It's just what?" Discord asks raising an eyebrow at Fluttershy, she looks back up at him determination in her eyes.

"Is Moonlight really your friend?" After asking her question Fluttershy immediately loses her nerve and hangs her head in shame, Discord just blinks at her.

"What do you mean?" Fluttershy fidgets around in his arms.

"Are you doing what you did at the gala again?" Discord's eyes widen in realization of what Fluttershy is asking him.

"What?! No!" Discord puts Fluttershy down on the couch so he can throw his hands up defensively, he wasn't actually offended by her question, it wasn't surprising he did try to make her jealous by having a fake friend before. But he didn't want Fluttershy to think he was still that insecure about their friendship. "Moonlight is genuinely my friend Fluttershy, I promise."

"Oh." Fluttershy blinks up at Discord, her heart sinks at the answer and she mentally frowns at herself because of it. Some part of her wanted it to be fake, but she didn't know why she wanted that awful thought to be real. She smiles up at Discord. "Sorry Discord I-I just had to be sure."

"It's okay." Discord smiles down at her. "I would've thought the same thing. Now is there anything else bothering you?"

"Well..." Fluttershy averts her gaze once more, the conversation with Moonlight plays over again in her mind, her eyes begin to water at the memory. Fluttershy flinches as she feels Discord's paw wipe the tears from her eye, she looks up at Discord, she stares into his ruby like eyes, he stares into her eyes his concern is obvious, when he speaks it's in a voice so tender it makes Fluttershy blush.

"You can tell me anything Fluttershy." Discord uses his talon to wipe the tears from her other eye. "You know that, Right?"

Discord flinches as tears begin streaming out of Fluttershy's eyes faster then he can wipe them, she closes her eyes and begins crying. Discord just stares at her unsure of what to do, he opens his mouth to speak,but he is interrupted by Fluttershy flinging her hooves around his neck and sobbing into his shoulder.

"I'm sorry Discord! I'm so sorry!" Discord just blinks at as he stares forward more confused then he has ever been.

"W-what are sorry for Fluttershy." He tries to pull her off him so he can look her in the eyes but she won't budge.

"I'm sorry I had to be ordered to be your friend!" Fluttershy, starts sobbing into his shoulder once more, but she stops when she feels Discord start shaking. She blinks had what she said upset him, she didn't want to make him cry. Fluttershy's ears are suddenly filled with the sound of laughter, she pushes off of Discord so she can see his face. Discord has thrown his head back in laughter, Fluttershy just stares at him, tears have stopped forming in her eyes but her eyes and cheeks are still wet. Discord slowly lowers his head back down as his laughter subsides, he wipes a tear from his eye.

"Oh Fluttershy you are too funny sometimes." He uses his paw to wipe the tears from Fluttershy's eye and cheek, as he wipes her face Fluttershy just stares at him.

"What do you mean?" Fluttershy blushes as Discord uses his talon to wipe the other side of her face, Discord just smiles at her.

"Fluttershy can I ask you a riddle?" Fluttershy blinks at him.

"I-I guess so." Discord grins at her.

"Who's purple, currently a princess, and listens to everything Celestia says?" Fluttershy just blinks at him and tilts her head to the side.

"Twilight?" Fluttershy asks unsure of where he was going with this, Discord nods happily.

"Excellent!" Discord claps his hands together. "Now are you ready for riddle number two?"

"I suppose." Fluttershy says still very confused.

"Now who was told to reform me?" Fluttershy points a hoof to herself, Discord smiles and then gestures with his talon. "And?"

"And..." Fluttershy thinks for a moment, before answering nervously. "My friends?"

"Bingo! Now onto our final quest-" Discord is suddenly interrupted by a pale yellow hoof covering his mouth.

"No more riddles please." Fluttershy looks at Discord with big pleading eyes. "Just tell me."

"Ok." Discord sighs heavily at being defeated. "My point is your friends listen to Princess Celestia, Twilight more then any of them right?"

"Yes."

"Well what was the first thing miss always obeys Princess Sunbutt said to me when I was released?" Discord chuckles as he thinks of the nickname.

"I think she... uh..." Fluttershy looks away she remember s what Twilight said she just can't repeat it.

"She threatened to turn me back to stone right?" Fluttershy nods a frown appearing on her face. "Now why would you obey Celestia's command but not Twilight."

"I..." Fluttershy stares into Discord's eyes again, but this time she notices how pretty they really are, she finishes her sentence in a distracted tone of voice. "Don't know."

"It's because Fluttershy." Discord smiles at her sweetly. "You didn't care about her orders. You saw an opportunity to help someone. Someone who didn't deserve a second chance, but you gave me one anyway despite what I'd done to you and your friends."

"Discord..." Fluttershy whispers in awe, Discord just continues smiling.

"You did something no pony would ever do, something no pony could ever do." Discord puts his talon to his chest. "You became my friend, my best friend." Discord reaches out and cups her cheek with his paw. "I know I've made some mistakes, but I want you to know that you and our friendship are the most important things in the whole world to me, so I don't want you to be sorry for making me the happiest Draconequus on the planet."

"D-Discord." Fluttershy stares at the spirit of chaos, her eyes begin to water once more and her mouth bends into a huge smile. Fluttershy throws her hooves around Discord once more and nuzzles her face on his neck. "What did I ever do to deserve a friend like you?"

"I don't know Fluttershy." Discord chuckles to himself as he returns her hug and pets the top of her head with his paw. "But it must have been pretty bad."

Author's Note:

The Twin

I didn't even notice it'd been almost two weeks since I updated this, sorry about the wait.

This chapter took a little while longer then I thought it would, not just cause I took time to work on the Tag Team From Tartarus but because of work and the fact that I kept losing progress due to the tab I was working on closing erasing the first paragraph or so.

But I finally got it done, so as always please let me know what ya think.

P.s. I don't Fed Ex (obviously) but I didn't want to call the guy the mail pony the whole time so I named him. I couldn't think of any good delivery pony names so I just went with a real world deliver company name. If any of you can think of a good name I should use instead I might go back and change it.