• Published 22nd May 2016
  • 2,021 Views, 172 Comments

What Is This Strange Feeling? - PonySage86



Friends should be happy when their friends make new friends, and Fluttershy is happy for Discord making a new Friend... At least that's what she says.

  • ...
4
 172
 2,021

Let's be Friends?

Discord hums happily as he fly's through the air above the Everfree Forest, he clutches a tray of cucumber sandwiches in his talon, and a pitcher of lemonade in his paw, despite his incredible speed the sandwiches and lemonade don't move at all, the lemonade doesn't even splash around. He smiles happily as he descends toward the cottage outside of Ponyville, he lands with a thud, the ground around him turns into pink and white tiles, he gives a sheepish chuckle and stomps his foot returning the ground to normal. He teleports the remaining distance to Fluttershy's cottage, he let's go of the tray and it sprouts wings to stay in the air. He reaches out his talon and knocks on the door, he looks around the area as he waits patiently. After a minute of waiting he decided to call for Fluttershy.

"Hey Fluttershy!" Discord shouts cupping his mouth with his talon. "You ready for Tuesday tea?" As Discord asks this question, he finally notices a small piece of paper hanging on the door, the pitcher of lemonade sprouts wings as well, he reaches out with his now free paw and grabs the paper. It's a note from Fluttershy.

Dear Discord

I was called away by Twilight for an important meeting, I thought I'd be back in time for our Tuesday tea but I won't. Some weird table showed up and we're heading out on some harmony related mission, I had Rainbow Dash fly this letter back to my cottage before we left so you'd know. Hopefully we'll be back soon, take care of yourself.

With Love, Fluttershy

P.s. I promise I won't miss a Tuesday tea again. Sorry.

Discord snaps his paw and the letter vanishes, he snaps his talon and the tray of sandwiches and the pitcher of lemonade disappear as well. Discord sighs heavily, he turns his back to the cottage and begins walking back down the road.

"What do I do now?" Discord wonders aloud, he turns his head in the direction of Ponyville, a smile creeps onto his face. "I suppose some harmless pranks wouldn't be too boring."

Discord snaps his fingers and is suddenly standing in the town square of Ponyville, ponies jump in surprise, many run away at the sight of the spirit of chaos, others turn away and awkwardly try to continue what they were doing, they occasionally turn back to look at him. Discord sighs, he expected this, after all his betrayal was only a couple months ago, but it still didn't feel good. He turns away from the ponies and looks toward the ground, maybe it wasn't the right time to cause trouble, besides Fluttershy would just scold him when she got back anyway. Discord begins walking absentmindedly looking around for something to do, he looks at sugar cube corner, as he continues walking. He stares at a sign in the window that is advertising a few new flavors of cupcake, as he reads the list he fails to look where he's going. Suddenly he trips over a wagon left in the road, he topples forward and his head crashes into a watermelon. He pokes his head out of the melon and turns an angry face back toward the wagon he tripped on, the small wagon is just sitting in the middle of the road, and the watermelon is also just laying in the middle of the road. He turns his head at the sound of laughter, some ponies were giggling at the sight, but they quickly stopped as he turned his gaze on them, but one laugh did not stop.

"I can't believe somepony fell for that!" Discord turns in the direction of the voice, he glares at the mare would had spoken, and who is still laughing. She's a unicorn, her fur is silver and seems to glow, not as bright as a crystal pony, more like the glow of the moon, her hair is short and pitch black, it twinkles slightly making it look like the night sky, her eyes are a bright crimson, and her cutie mark is a big red heart . Discord snaps his fingers and the wagon explodes into flying lollipops, another snap and the watermelon appears over the silver mares head, she stops laughing as the broken melon smashes on her head.

"Ha! How do you like it?" Discord asks, while laughing, the watermelon glows red and vanishes into nothing. Discord smiles smugly at the unicorn, his smile drops when he sees that she doesn't look angry or even annoyed, in fact she's smiling back at him.

"That was pretty fun, most ponies just say some angry comment after I prank them, no pony has very returned fire before." The mare covers her mouth with a hoof and gives him a bubbly laugh. Discord gives a slight chuckle at the strange mare.

"Well this is surprising most ponies just run in fear of me." Discord says scratching his neck with his talon.

"Well after what happened a couple months ago I'm not surprised." Discord looks unhappily at the mare.

"You're aware of that?" Discord raises an eyebrow at the mare.

"Of course I am." The mare rolls her eyes. "Everypony is."

"So why aren't you running?"

The mare chuckles. "Partly because I wasn't affected by it."

"What do you mean?" Discord asks his quizzical stare intensifying. "Ponyville was probably the most effected."

"I don't live in Ponyville." The unicorn mare waves her hoof as if to erase that comment. "At least I didn't, in fact I just moved to Equestria, imagine my surprise when I arrive in Equestria, and I see a giant rainbow explosion, followed by a castle appearing."

"So you were only here for the last battle?" Discord puts a talon to his chin. "That's quite lucky."

"I suppose so." The mare shrugs her shoulders. "Although I wish I'd actually got to see the fight, I hear it was awesome."

"Yeah..." Discord looks away and frowns. "I hear that too."

"Anywho enough about the past let's talk future." Discord returns his gaze to the mare.

"What do you mean?" Discord asks his quizzical expression returning, the mare just chuckles.

"I mean." The mare smiles up at him. "Can I buy you a cupcake?"

"Huh?" Discord looks down at the unicorn, his eyebrow raised so high it's detached from his head. The mare looks at his puzzled face and frowns.

"You do know what a cupcake is don't you?" Discord scowls at the mare.

"Of course I know what a cupcake is." Discord magically makes one appear in his paw. "I conjure them all the time." The cupcake sprouts teeth and little spider legs and runs off down the street, chopping at ponies, until Big Mac accidently stops the rampage with a misstep of his hoof. Discord chuckles as Big Mac stops to check his hoof, he hears the mare giggle once more and turns to look at her, her smile turns mischievous.

"Your cupcake fought bravely." The mare levitates a pie off a near by stall and aims it at Big Mac. " He shall be avenged." The pie flys through the air and smacks Big Mac in the back of the head, he turns and scowls in the direction the pie came from, the silver mare points a hoof at Discord, Discord looks between the mare and Big Mac, he holds his hands up defensively.

"Hey now. She did it not me." Discord points an accusing talon at the mare. Big Mac just rolls his eyes and lets out a grunt, he turns forward a keeps walking, he brushes the pie out of his mane with a hoof as he goes. Discord turns his head to scowl at the mare, she smiles smugly back at him.

"Look's like I don't get in trouble when your around." Her smile turns into an even more smug grin. "Wanna hang out?"

"No thanks miss......" Discord puts a paw to his chin in thought.

"Moonlight."

"Huh?" Discord returns his gaze to the mare.

"My name is Moonlight." She holds out a hoof, Discord looks at it for a moment before shrugging and shaking her hoof with his talon.

"I am Discord." Moonlight gives him a smile, Discord gives one back. Moonlight stops the hoofshake and places her hoof back on the ground.

"So how about that cupcake?" Discord looks at her with a raised eyebrow.

"You were serious about that?" Moonlight raises her eyebrow back at him.

"Of course I was." Moonlight tilts her head to the side. "Why would I ask you if I didn't mean it?"

Discord taps a talon to his chin. "Don't know." Discord shrugs. "I'm only use to one pony ever seriously asking me to join them."

"Oh and who's that?" Moonlight asks putting a hoof to her chin, Discord grin's as wide as possible.

"Only my best friend Fluttershy." Moonlight gives Discord a sweet smile.

"Why don't you tell me all about her over some cupcakes." Moonlight's smile turns mischievous once more. "On you of course."

"Sure why not?" Discord happily says, as he begins walking toward sugar cube corner, Moonlight follows behind him, licking her lips and rubbing her stomach.

Twenty Minutes and Seventeen New Flavors of Cupcakes Later

Moonlight and Discord are sitting on a bench outside sugar cube corner, Discord smiles while wrapping up his last story about Fluttershy, while Moonlight smiles happily while patting her slightly extended belly. Discord gives a loud chuckle as he finishes the story, he then looks at Moonlight and laughs at her belly, Moonlight frowns at him, but lets out a giggle anyway.

"Did you just use me to score a free meal?" Moonlight grins up at him.

"And what if I did?" Discord returns the grin.

"Then you'll have to get the next bill." Moonlight gasps at him.

"What? I have to pay?" Moonlight exclaims putting a hoof to her chest.

"Yeah I got this one you get the next one, that's how it works right?" Discord says grinning smugly.

"Not when somepony can create bits at will." Moonlight points an accusing hoof at Discord, he laughs at her.

"Okay, okay, I'll think of something less then." Discord puts a furry finger up to his chin.

"I don't look forward to what you come up with." Moonlight groans, as she facehooves. The two of them continue talking for a while longer, but soon Discord looks up toward the sun and frowns.

"Welp I gotta get to work." Discord says sighing heavily, Moonlight raises an eyebrow at him.

"You have a job?" Discord shrugs his shoulders.

"Kind of I do things for Princess Sunbutt every now and again." Moonlight stifles a giggle.

"Sunbutt?" She releases her giggle. "I'll have to remember that one."

"See that you do." Discord smiles, as he stands up off the bench and stretches his arms, Moonlight stands up as well.

"Well this was fun." Moonlight says stretching her fore hooves, the two smile at each other.

"Yeah it was." Discord looks back toward the sky. "Thanks for hanging out with me."

"No problem." Moonlight shrugs. "What're friends for." Discord looks down at her and blinks.

"Friends?" Moonlight stretches her fore hooves over her head and looks at him through one open eye.

"Yeah." Discord smiles sheepishly.

"You sure about that?" Discord asks raising an eyebrow. Moonlight puts a hoof to her chin taking a second to think.

"Ah, what the hay." Moonlight gives Discord a wide grin. "Let's Be Friends."

Author's Note:

The Twin.

Yep I officially have two fanfiction's now :pinkiehappy:

I have a new full time job and I have a lot of time to think about whatever the hay I want, thus I've been thinking up some new ideas for fanfcitions, this one is one of two fanfictions. Fanfic number three is not quite at the point where I feel I have a solid enough idea to start writing it.

I owe some credit of this fanfic to one Kurasagi16, her fanfiction MLP Eternal Dream (Great story go read it.) it starts with Discord being jealous of a new friend of Fluttershy's, so I got to thinking what if Fluttershy got jealous of a new friend of Discords?

Thus this fic was born. :pinkiehappy:

What do you guys think so far? Does Moonlight seem like an interesting pony? Do you have any concerns or ideas for what I can do in this fic? I'd love to hear anything you guys have to say.

Thanks for reading. :pinkiehappy: