• Published 15th Apr 2016
  • 3,789 Views, 42 Comments

Spike's Hearts and Hooves Day. - Silver Topaz



Hearts and hooves day brings both happiness and sadness for spike. As he is rejected and also makes a new friend.

  • ...
11
 42
 3,789

Revelation and anger

Spike stood outside of Rarity's boutique waiting it felt like hours have passed and yet it has only been a few seconds, Spike wanted to turn around for some reason his brain was telling him this was a bad idea he started to turn but stop once he heard the door open.

When the door was fully open Spike saw the most beautiful mare in all of Equestria Rarity the white unicorn with sapphire eyes and purple mane and tail. She gasp as if she was surprised to see Spike she stared at Spike and he did the same it went on for a few seconds until Rarity finally spoke "hello Spike what brings you here" Spike shook his head snapping himself back to reality.

"Well I came to give you these" Spike showed Rarity the flowers and the chocolate Rarity gasped she was truly surprised by Spike's gesture she took both the flowers and the chocolate with her magic and brought them inside. Spike just waited outside until Rarity came back he had just opened the door and went in before but Rarity always knew he was coming so this time he waited for her. Rarity finally came back "what took you so long" Spike asked since Rarity was in there for a while.

"Oh you know I had to find the perfect spot for those flowers" Rarity said while moving her eyes to both sides and looking nervous, Spike made a note about that just like his other friends Rarity was acting nervous.

"She's hiding something and I need to find out what it is" Spike thought to himself he needed to know and he was going to "can I come in?"

That question seemed to catch Rarity by surprise she got even more nervous and started to look around even more she sighed and nodded leading Spike into the boutique. Spike was actually surprised to see barely any Hearts and Hooves Day decorations on the inside of the boutique Spike expected every corner of this place to be decorated but instead only a few balloons and streamers adorned the walls, the rest of the boutique looked like it did usually "please make yourself at home I have to work on a dress for the dance so I will be busy" Spike barely listened to her words still surprised about the lack of decorations but he did saw her leave Spike knew there was no time to waste so he stopped her.

"Rarity I actually came to tell you something and after I also wanted to ask you something" Rarity knew this was coming but it wasn't going to make things any easier. Spike took a deep breath and he had a look of confidence on his face "Rarity I always wanted to tell you this but I never had the courage to tell you" Spike took another deep breath while Rarity stood there waiting for it it was only a matter of time before Spike found out and now she was going to hear it so she sat and waited never taking her eyes of Spike "Rarity I love you I always have everypony just tells me that it is a crush but its not I truly love you with all of my heart".

There was a long moment of silence, Spike stood there while Rarity had a shocked expression on her face. She expected to hear a lot of things but I love you wasn't one of them, Rarity sighed hearing this Spike gained a look of sadness, Rarity on the other hoof knew that it was finally time to confess, to tell what she kept hidden all this time "Spike I'm flattered really I am and any mare would be lucky to have you" Spike knew what was coming, he knew it was a possibility but he didn't want to hear it "Spike I'm sure there are mares who are just waiting for you to ask them out unfortunately I'm not one of them" Rarity finished having a look of sadness and shame on her face, Spike just looked at the ground until he heard those words "Spike the truth is I already have somepony that I love very much and you know him his name is Fancy Pants" Rarity finished not once looking at Spike, after a couple of seconds of silence Rarity looked, Spike was kneeling and he was looking at the ground Rarity didn't know what to do, she was afraid Spike was motionless and quite he was so quiet that you could hear him breathing, Rarity didn't know a lot about dragons but she knew the danger of angering one of them, she went through a list of self defense spells she knew on her head until a sound snapped back into the situation that sound were words.

"Fancy Pants?" Spike said while raising his head so that she could se his face in a tone that would scare practically anything, Rarity finally gained enough courage to look at Spike and his looked frightened Rarity more than anything she had ever experienced in her life Spike had a look of anger, rage, and betrayal on his face, Spike stood there didn't say anything else as if he was waiting for Rarity to answer, Rarity was afraid and nervous this could get really bad really fast she did the only thing she could do she swallowed a lump that had formed on her throat and nodded. After that Spike got on his feet and stood there not saying a word, it had only been a couple of seconds since Spike went quite but to Rarity it felt like and eternity.

After a minute of silence and Spike just standing there Rarity tried to step out of the room and maybe find Twilight but she didn't get the chance as Spike started making his way slowly towards her, even though Spike was only a little bit taller than her but it still felt like he towered over her his menacing form still making his way towards her as she slowly backed away, Rarity wanted to scream but every time she opened her mouth nothing came out, she wanted to run and get Twilight but her legs didn't move, she tried channeling her magic but she was to afraid to do so and you could see it on her face she was absolutely terrified, Rarity did the only thing she could do she closed her eyes and kept walking away until something happened that terrified her very soul she hit one of the walls of the boutique and Spike was standing right in front of her.

Spike just stood there for a few seconds and then he raised his claw Rarity closed her eyes waiting for Spike to hit her but it never came, Spike's claw went into his bag Rarity didn't know what was going to happen but she soon found out, Spike pulled out a box and motioned for Rarity to take it Rarity took it with her hooves her magic still not working when she grabbed it Spike finally spoke his voice sounding like a mixture of anger and sadness "happy Hearts and Hooves Day I hope you and Fancy Pants are happy together I hope he knows how lucky he is".

Rarity was shocked at what she just heard she looked at the box then at Spike his eyes looked empty as if he was broken, his eyes looked like if every one he knew and care about had just died Rarity tried to say something but Spike turned around and started walking towards the door, this surprised Rarity even more he was walking not running, not stomping, not even walking fast he just walk he wasn't even walking slow like before he just walked.

Spike made his way to the door not saying anything not even looking at Rarity, he grabbed the doorknob and was ready to open the door but he stopped, Rarity notice and immediately fear took over thinking Spike was going to release his anger but he didn't he opened the door and closed it behind him he didn't even slammed the door. Rarity finally regaining her ability to move decided to look and see what was in the box, when she opened the box and looked inside tears started coming out inside was the Sapphire necklace Spike was working so hard on, Rarity couldn't believe after all that work Spike put into finishing the necklace and how excited he was when he finished that he would just give it to her "Spike I'm so sorry" Rarity was now was crying in full her mascara now ruined by her tears she also held the necklace not knowing what to do next.


Spike after closing the door to the boutique again just stood there, he replayed what just took place on his head over and over Rarity the only mare he ever loved was dating someone else, Spike did the only thing he could do he ran back to the castle ignoring all the worried and confused looks the ponies were giving him, Rarity the only mare Spike loved would never be his he lost her forever.

Spike finally made it to the castle leaving a trail of confused and concerned ponies behind, Starlight stepped out of her room and saw Spike she tried asking him what was wrong but Spike just ran passing her by not even seeing her standing there, Spike didn't want to talk to anypony he just wanted to get in his room and cry. Spike finally made it to his room he closed the door and fell to the floor crying his heart was shattered he didn't want to feel like this again he was hurt but he was also angry.

Starlight sat just outside Spike's room she knew Spike was sad but she didn't know what to do, she started thinking after a few seconds she went with the only idea she got, go get Twilight "she lived with Spike almost her entire life so she must know what to do" Starlight said to herself as she ran.

Spike finally stopped crying he cried most of the way back to the castle so he couldn't cry more. Spike got to his feet and made his way to the mirror where he saw his reflection "you're not looking so good are you Spike" he said to his reflection he really didn't look good, his eyes were puffy and red from crying to much and his face was covered in tear stains he hated what he saw in the mirror, he couldn't hold it in anymore he let out a roar that shook the entire castle and he punched the mirror breaking it, he didn't stop there however as he soon found himself destroying his entire room.

Starlight ran as fast as she could she may not know what to do with Spike but she did know were to find Twilight. Starlight finally reached Twilight's room an she sighed in relief after seeing Twilight reading a book on her desk, Starlight was panting she ran so fast she ran out of breath Twilight however didn't notice her as expected, when Twilight started reading a book she liked she was usually on her on little world Starlight was about to say something to get her attention but just then a loud roar could be heard in the direction Starlight just came from, this snapped Twilight out of her reading as she looked up she saw Starlight breathing heavily with a worried look on her face Starlight again tried to say something but Twilight didn't need to hear it she knew what was happening.

After running for a little bit both Twilight and Starlight reached Spike's room, on any other day Twilight would just walk in but after hearing that roar she didn't think it was the best idea so she knocked no answer, she knocked again harder this time "Spike are you okay" again no answer Twilight knowing this wasn't going to take them anywhere opened the door, she was shocked at what she found Spike's entire room destroyed his bed was ripped apart as well as his pillows the desk he used to write letters to his friend Ember was smashed against the ground the bookshelf were Spike put his comic books was thrown on the ground and stomped on and the mirror Spike would use to admire his physique was completely broken lucky nothing was on fire and on the middle of the room was Spike sitting down.

"Spike what happened?" Twilight asked sounding very worried, Spike didn't say anything he just sat there not making a sound he was so quiet you couldn't even tell if he was breathing or not Twilight even more worried asked again "Spike what happened?" Twilight started making her way towards Spike while Starlight stood back she didn't know what to so she decided not to get in the way she did try to get close to Spike but stopped halfway. Twilight now standing in front of Spike asked the same question but again no answer she moved her right hoof to try and touch his shoulder but Spike moved towards her grabbing her and pulling her into a hug Starlight worried that Spike was going to attack Twilight moved towards them she stopped when she realized Spike was just hugging Twilight, Spike saw that Starlight was closed and pulled her into the hug as well after the shock of being pulled into a hug both Twilight and Starlight returned the hug as Spike started crying again.

Spike finally stopped crying he let go of both mares and went back to his earlier position of just staring at the ground, Twilight however decided this was a good time to find out what happened "Spike do you want to talk?" Twilight said in a motherly voice.

"It's Rarity she's dating Fancy Pants" Spike never stopped looking at the ground Starlight looked surprised but Twilight already knew.

"Oh that's what happened" as soon as those words left Twilight's mouth Spike immediately raised his head he got up and started walking towards Twilight.

"Oh the only mare I ever love is dating another guy and all you can say is oh!" Spike said in an angry voice still walking towards Twilight while she backed away, now here was a scene many ponies will probably laugh at Twilight and alicorn backing away from a dragon that was barely taller than her, but she had to reasons for doing this, one because even though she had alicorn magic it didn't mean she knew how to use it and two she didn't want to hurt Spike so she kept backing up until she hit a walk.

Spike now stood right in front of Twilight he had one claw on the wall as if he needed the support to stand but he didn't say anything he was to busy thinking to himself, "oh I had my heart broken and all she can say is oh she isn't even surprised it's like if she" even though Spike was thinking to himself he didn't finished as memories started playing in his head. All of his friends knew that's why they told him it was a bad idea that's why Rainbow flew off, that's why they all had worried looks on their faces every time he told them what he was going to do, and that's why Pinkie started crying when she couldn't stop him. Spike face gained an angry scowl he then grabbed Twilight with his free claw and raised her up still pinned to the wall, Starlight seeing this got ready to use her magic but Twilight raised her hoof stopping her.

Even when pinned to the wall Twilight could tell Spike didn't want to hurt her he wasn't using to much strength to hold her up so there was no need to get violent. Spike finally looked at Twilight letting her see the anger in his face but that wasn't the only thing she noticed Spike's eyes changed color they weren't his usual emerald green color they were red she stopped looking when Spike finally spoke "you all knew didn't you" Spike said very slowly and sounding very angry.

"Yes Spike we all knew that Rarity was dating Fancy Pants" she stopped seeing what he would do next but all he did was ask her another question.

"How long have they been dating?" Spike said in the same way.

"Spike I don't think" but she was interrupted.

"How long?" Spike yelled his voice filled with anger that didn't scare Twilight what scared her was the hole Spike left on the wall of the crystal castle after he punched it Twilight knew she couldn't hide so she just told him.

"Since the wedding in Canterlot Spike" Spike let go of Twilight as she hit the floor with a soft thump. "Two years" Spike kept repeating those words in his head, two years of him doing everything for her carrying her tower of luggage every time they traveled, two years of him helping her dog for gems, and two years of her admiring her beauty for nothing.Spike's anger now reached a new level he started walking towards the door "Spike were are you going".

"Hunting" that's the only thing Spike said but Twilight knew what he meant. Spike suddenly saw a purple aura surround him and then he couldn't move "Let me go Twilight!" Spike scream his voice filled with anger and hatred, anger and hatred that he was going to release, Spike used all of his strength and started slowly moving.

"Spike I know what you are planning I'm not letting you out" Twilight was now using all of her magic but her hold on Spike was going to break Twilight didn't know were Spike's sudden strength came from but she knew one thing she couldn't let him leave. Starlight for the most part stood quite concentrating her magic she knew exactly what spell to use when she fired the beam the whole room was covered with a white flash.

Sure enough it worked by the time the light disappeared Spike couldn't move, "yes it still works" Starlight said to herself the spell she used against Twilight when they went back in time but instead of freezing him completely she only did it until she reached his neck, this however didn't stop spike from trying to get out.

Spike struggled trying with every bit of his strength to break free but he couldn't "let me out Twilight?".

"Actually it was me who trapped you in there Spike not Twilight".

"Oh... let me out Starlight!" Spike yelled his anger only seemed to rise Starlight only shook her head.

"Spike please calm down" Twilight said landing on Spike's crystal prison.

"Calm down how do you want me to calm down Rarity used me" Spike said still trying to break free "Rarity used my feelings for her to get me to do all of those favors for her and I fell for it every time" Spike could feel his anger still rise but he stopped focusing on his anger and started looking at Twilight who was hugging his head.

"Spike listen to me I know Rarity should have told you I know she took advantage of your feelings for her but" Twilight stopped Spike turned to her she was crying "Spike if you do this ponies and dragons may never live in harmony" she stopped again wiping away a few tears "but not only that Spike think what will happened to you you'll be arrested and Princess Celestia will have to banish you or worst" Twilight again stopped she wiped away more tears "or worst she might have to order your execution", Spike stopped struggling after he heard those words and was now filled with the sound of Twilight crying.

"Spike" this time it was Starlight who spoke "you are blinded by rage you need to calm down I was there too and you saw what happened to me" Spike was silent he didn't say anything and he stopped struggling and he thought about what they both said, if Spike attacked Rarity not only will he be in trouble but he will probably ruined a chance for ponies and dragons to live in peace.

Spike sighed "okay Twilight I'm calm now you can let me go" before giving the all clear Twilight checked his eyes and they were back to normal, Spike fell to the ground his anger was gone but it was now replaced by sadness, both Twilight and Starlight took this chance and started hugging spike. After about two minutes of hugging Spike got up and made his way to the door.

"Spike wait" Spike stopped when he saw a purple hoof holding his claw he pushed it away and kept walking when he was at the door to go outside he looked back at the unicorns.

"I'll be fine I just need sometime alone to think" and with that he left, both Twilight and Starlight watched him leave they were both quite until Starlight finally said something.

"Should we follow him?" Twilight didn't respond she simply shook her head she knew Spike needed to be alone she could only hope that he wouldn't do anything stupid.

To be continued.......

Author's Note:

Man this took a long time to write. So that's it Spike found out Rarity's secret and didn't take his revenge boo I know but its not that type of story.

Stay tuned for the next chapter where one of my original characters will make her debut ill post a short description of her in the beginning of the next chapter and I promised she's not a Mary sue she isn't my only character that will make and appearance my other character already made a briefly mentioned him in this story see if you can find him he doesn't have a huge role in the story but my female character does oh by the way her name will be said in the short description and she is the twin sister of my male character that's all you get to know for now. Bye