• Published 15th Apr 2016
  • 3,790 Views, 42 Comments

Spike's Hearts and Hooves Day. - Silver Topaz



Hearts and hooves day brings both happiness and sadness for spike. As he is rejected and also makes a new friend.

  • ...
11
 42
 3,790

Rekindling relationships and Spike's decision

Author's Note:

Hi guys so I want you to know that Spike's conversation with his friends and Lightning's talk with her brother happen at the same time.

Also some of you were probably expecting Spike to be mad at his friends funny thing is originally I had planned for Spike not to fully forgive his friends but then there was a problem with that. The problem was why would Spike want dragons to be friends with ponies after they betrayed him like that.

So that's why I had Spike forgive them, not only that but he had a long time to think about this and Spike is matured enough to handle this in a friendly manner. So for those that were expecting Spike to get really angry I'm sorry but if I did that well the ending would have been ruined.

So the next chapter will be the last one so stay tuned bye and I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Beep that's all that Lightning could hear, she had been listening to that sound for a while now. Lightning thought it was her alarm clock so she reached for it but didn't find it. The beeping didn't stop which caused Lightning to open her eyes. Instead of being home in her bed she was in a hospital room, she looked around seeing the usual things you expect to see at a hospital. Lightning then looked outside the window and saw that the sun was starting to set.

"Ugh my head" Lightning brought her hooves to her head, for some reason it felt like it was about to crack open "what happened why does my head hurt so much?".

"Well you've been through a lot dear" Lightning looked at the nurse apparently she had been standing there for awhile "you and your friend were attacked in the Everfree forest".

"My friend?" Lightning was confused what friend.

"You know the dragon" Lightning thought about what she said. A dragon and like that the memories started flowing in, everything since she met him, to when did they became friends, to being attacked by Alfa.

A look of shock and fear came to Lightning's face "Spike is he alright we're is he?".

"Dear please calm down he's fine" Lightning was afraid but did what the nurse told her.

"Can I see him" Lightning was worried was Spike really ok.

"Well I don't know" the nurse looked unsure Lightning's injuries weren't that serious but still.

"Please" by hearing Lightning's voice you could tell she was worried.

The nurse sighed "okay I'll take you to him. Lightning gave the nurse a smile and made her way out of the bed and into her hooves, she wobbled a little bit but other than that she was fine.


Lightning and the nurse finally made it to Spike's room. Spike was on the bed sleeping, Lightning didn't even want to imagine how angry he was, thanks to her he almost died.

"Will you alright by yourself" the nurse put her hoof on Lightning's shoulder, Lightning nodded and the nurse left. Once the nurse left Lightning approached Spike's bed. She reached it and sat next to Spike "I'm sorry Spike I'm so sorry" Lightning started crying she covered her eyes with her hooves and laid he head on the bed

Spike woke up probably by instinct, he knew that when there was a pony crying it was probably Twilight, and he needed to help her. Spike looked to his side, it hurt really bad when he did that but it didn't matter. Spike was expecting to see Twilight but what he saw was his new friend Lightning crying. Spike tried to reach her with one of his claws but it hurt to much. "Lightning why are you crying".

Lightning looked up to see Spike smiling at her, "Spike I'm sorry" Lightning leaped on the bed and hugged Spike still crying.

"You're sorry for what you didn't do anything bad" Lightning looked at Spike with a sad expression.

"This is all my fault you almost died because of me" Lightning couldn't stop crying.

"Lightning that wasn't your fault" Lightning looked at Spike, he was still smiling. Spike took a deep breath "Lightning you gave me one of the most fun and exciting days I have had in months".

Lightning was stunned "you call almost dying fun and exciting?" Lightning sounded really confused.

"Yeah and in the end your alright which it's all that matters" Lightning looked at Spike with a surprised expression, she expected Spike to be angry, she expected him to yell at her, she didn't expect him to be happy. Spike put a claw on Lightning's cheek which caused her to blush "Lightning when I saw that Alfa was about to kill you I" Spike looked at Lightning and she just stared back "something got into me i didn't care about my well being all I wanted to do was protect you" Spike smiled at Lightning and she smiled back.

Lightning gave Spike another hug and she gave him a kiss on the cheek. Spike put a claw to the cheek that Lightning just kissed and looked at her "what was that for?".

"It was a thank you for saving my life".

Spike smiled "that's what friends are for Lightning" Lightning smiled she was happy to hear those words. She finally made a friend on her own, and even though she almost lead him to his death he forgave her. "Well I'm tired" Spike finished with a yawn.

"I'm tired to Spike do you mind if I sleep here with you?" Spike shook his head. Lightning got close to Spike and fell asleep. Spike stared at her, she looked so cute when she was sleeping "okay Spike stop staring at her while she's asleep is weird" Spike thought to himself, after a little bit he himself finally fell asleep.


Spike woke up he really couldn't sleep with the pain in his chest. Spike looked at the window the sun was still setting, so he probably didn't sleep much. Spike looked at Lightning she was still sleeping next to him, she didn't really look that bad, besides the broken wing which was on a cast she didn't really look that bad. Spike was glad that Lightning was mostly ok. Spike looked around the room and then he focused on the door, there was a Pegasus stallion standing there, he had an orange coat and his mane and tail were a white color, whit the exception of a line in both of them that were black.

The stallion flew to Spike's side, the one were Lightning was sleeping on. Now that he was close he saw his cutiemark which was a thunderstorm cloud with eight lightning bolts coming out of it each being a different color, and his eyes were the same color as Lightning's eyes. "Hi Spike I don't think we have been properly introduced my name is Thunderstorm" Thunderstorm extended his hoof and Spike grabbed it and shook it.

So this was Thunderstorm, Lightning's brother, the same brother that was supposed to be better than her. "First of all thanks for protecting my sister and sorry she got you in that mess" he didn't sound angry to Spike's surprise "my sister has a talent for getting into trouble".

"It's okay she didn't get me into any mess" Thunderstorm knew Spike was covering for her sister "I was leaving for the Dragon lands so it was good to brush up on my fighting skills" Spike looked at Thunderstorm, he didn't want him to be mad at Lightning.

Lightning started waking up, thanks to the noise. She raised her head and looked around Spike was awake and he was staring at something, Lightning curious looked in that direction and saw her brother. She hid behind Spike after seeing him. Thunderstorm flew to the other side "you think you can hide from me" Lightning shook her head, "Spike do you mind if me and my sister have a private conversation". Lightning looked at Spike with pleading eyes.

"No I don't mind go ahead" Spike said and Lightning glared at him.

Thunderstorm made his way to the door and looked back "Lightning let's go".

"Spike please help me I don't want to go" Lightning whispered to Spike.

"Hey you promised to talk to your brother if I talked to my friends here is your chance" Lightning sighed she did promised that.

"You better talk to your friends Spike" Lightning glared one last time at Spike, and followed her brother out the room. Spike watch them go he hoped that Lightning actually tells her brother what she told him.


Thunderstorm and Lightning made it to the garden. It was a section of the hospital were workers could take a break. Thunderstorm stopped and Lightning sat on the ground. Lightning knew what was coming so she braced herself , Thunderstorm took a deep breath "Lightning that was the stupidest thing you've ever done and you dragged someone else into it!" Thunderstorm sounded really angry.

"I just...."

"Lightning do you know how lucky you are to be alive, if Spike's friends weren't looking for him I would have never found you" Thunderstorm paused for a moment "which means you would be dead".

"It just that I..." Lightning couldn't say it.

"Lightning you what, what's wrong?" Thunderstorm stared at Lightning.

"I just wanted to be like you" Lightning said as she started crying "I wanted to be like you Thunderstorm". Lightning was trying to hold back the tears but she couldn't, she stopped when she heard laughing. Thunderstorm was laughing at her, she didn't expect him to laugh at her "what's so funny?" Lightning said angry.

Thunderstorm didn't mean to laugh at his sister, "Lightning all this time you have been trying to be like me" Lightning nodded waiting for him to get to the point, "I have been trying to be like you". Lightning eyes widened when she heard those words.

"Thunderstorm why do you want to be like me?" Lightning was so confused, why would her brother want to be like her.

"Lightning you are friendly, loving and fun" Lightning looked at Thunderstorm but she said nothing, "every day you would come up with something exciting to do" Thunderstorm sighed and looked down "that's why our friends like you so much, they say I was boring and that why couldn't I be more like you" Thunderstorm turned around "it's the only reason I was so mad at you back then" Thunderstorm sighed again before turning around, he stared directly at his sister "Lightning you were the only reason those guys really stayed, if it weren't for you well they probably would have left".

Lightning stared at her brother, she smiled at him and he smiled back, she then pulled him into a hug, which Thunderstorm happily returns. Lightning cried but this time the tears were not sad ones, they were happy ones. "All this time I thought you hated me".

Thunderstorm chuckled "Lightning I love you, your my sister I could never hate you"

Lightning smiled this was the first time Thunderstorm ever said that "I love you too Thunderstorm".

"Lightning the only reason I don't bring you with me on my adventures is because" Thunderstorm paused and hugged his sister tighter "it's dangerous and if something happened to you I" Thunderstorm again paused but decided to finish "I would never forgive myself if something bad happened to you". Lightning was surprised by this, she didn't know that here brother didn't want her to be in danger. Lightning and Thunderstorm kept hugging.

After a bit Thunderstorm and Lightning broke the hug and smiled. "I'm just glad you don't hate me".

"Lightning I could never hate you" Lightning closed her eyes and kept smiling "trust me I've tried" Thunderstorm started making his way past Lightning and into the building.

Lightning's eyes shot open "Thunderstorm what do you mean you've tried". Thunderstorm started laughing and he ran back into the building. Lightning ran after him yelling his name all the way.


Spike laid on his bed as he watched the two pegasy leave his room. He looked up at the sealing and thought about what happened. Spike smiled today had been a crazy day "I should write a letter to Ember" Spike thought, he started looking on the night stand that was next to the bed, "there should be something I can use to write a letter" Spike found some paper and a quill. He started writing his letter to Ember asking her to come to Ponyville. Spike finished the letter and he was about to send it "well Spike once you send this letter there's no turning back" Spike thought, if he sends this letter that means he'll have to go, but could he really do this, leave everything behind. Spike shook his head "c'mon Spike this is no time to hesitate, this is for the good of all dragons and ponies" Spike took a deep breath and mailed the letter, after that he just watched the smoke disappear "Spike c'mon it's not like your leaving forever your coming back" Spike took another deep breath and laid on the bed.

Spike sat on the bed and waited he had nothing to do so he was bored. Spike looked at the door and saw his friends come in first was Twilight and Starlight, followed by Rainbow Dash and Applejack, and last Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie, the latter's mane being straight making her look more like Maud than Pinkie. Spike was so used to seeing Pinkie's mane all puffed up that every time it was straight like that it felt weird. Spike's friends stood near his bed some of them giving Spike concerned looks and others just looked sad.

Spike sighed he knew what he had to do, Lightning was going to talk to her brother so Spike had to do the same with his friends. "So why didn't you guys tell me about Rarity and Fancy Pants?" Spike voice sounded tired. The girls all got worried looks on their faces, except for Starlight who decided to stand behind the group, she didn't know that Rarity was dating another pony, actually the only thing she knew was that Spike had a crush on Rarity so she didn't say anything. Spike looked at the girls"please I need you to.be completely honest with me", the group looked at each other until Applejack gave Twilight a push basically telling her to talk.

Twilight sighed she could only hope that when she was about to say wasn't going to make things worse, Twilight took a deep breath "Spike we didn't tell you because" Twilight paused but decided to keep going "Rarity wanted to be the one who told you" Twilight looked at Spike, he didn't look angry or sad he looked like he was thinking of something.

"Were is Rarity?" Spike asked. This time it was Rainbow Dash who answered.

"She said she didn't want to make you angry so she didn't came". Spike sighed after what he heard he needed to talk to Rarity. The girls didn't tell him because of her, Spike didn't need to talk to his friends he needed to talk to Rarity. Spike looked at the girls again and they all looked sad. Spike took a deep breath and decided to tell them.

"Girls" all of them stared at Spike "don't be sad I'm not angry you were only doing a favor for a friend, I don't want my last day in Ponyville to be a sad one". All of the girls stared at Spike.

"Last day!" They all yelled at the same time.

"Spike what do you mean last day were are you going?" Starlight was the one to talk, she had been quite all this time but she couldn't keep quite.

"Spike is this because of what happened with Rarity" Twilight's voice sounded really sad. Spike however shook his head and he stared directly at Twilight. The others just listened.

"Twilight do you remember that Celestia said I was the key" Twilight nodded. Celestia told her how especial Spike really was when she started taking care of him. "Well I now know what she meant" Twilight listened, she didn't say anything she just listened "Twilight it's my purpose, my destiny I have to go to the Dragon lands" Spike paused while the others just stared at him, "I have to teach dragons how to be kind and friendly towards one another only then can ponies and dragons truly be friends".

Twilight stared at Spike while the others protested, Twilight used her magic to keep them quite "Spike are you sure this is what you want?" Spike nodded "and are you sure this is your decision and you are not doing it because of what happened with Rarity?".

"Twilight I'm sure this is what I want" Spike looked at her again "this is why Celestia brought me here to live with ponies" Spike gave Twilight a smile and put a claw on her cheek "that's why Celestia told me that I had to live with you" Spike took his claw off Twilight's cheek and stared at them "if Celestia didn't take me here to live with ponies I would probably be as bad as Garble" Spike looked at his group of friends and smiled "it's my role the role I choose to have, I'm the key Twilight the key to friendship between dragons and ponies". Spike smiled at Twilight and she smiled back.

"Spike I'm so proud of you and don't worry none of us will stop you" Twilight looked at the others as they nodded their heads. They all still looked sad "Spike were going to miss you.

Spike stretched his arms inviting all of them to a hug. The girls all ran and hugged Spike even Rainbow Dash who didn't really like this sort of thing joined in the hug. "Girls you have all been great friends we may have had our bad times but we also had our good times" Spike smiled "I love all of you and don't worry I'm not going to leave for ever I'm coming back". The girls hugged Spike even tighter, which hurt since Spike had a wound in his chest but he didn't care.

Just then Spike saw Lightning and Thunderstorm standing in the door and motioned for them to join as well. Lightning accepted and joined in the hug, Thunderstorm wasn't much for group hugs so he tried to leave only for Pinkie to pull him in. Thunderstorm sighed and joined in the group hug.

After the hug was broken Spike stared at his group of friends, all of them smiling. "Well I have to guys the dance is still on and there are clouds that need to be taken out so bye" Rainbow flew out of the as all of them stared.

"Well Spike I'm glad you're okay but I have to get the food ready for the dance" Applejack looked at Spike and smiled and waved.

Pinkie's mane went back to its normal looked, a look that Spike preferred "uhh I have to go the Cakes need help". Pinkie skipped to the door and turned to Spike "I'm happy you're okay Spike" Spike gave Pinkie a smile and she returned it and left.

Fluttershy made her way to Thunderstorm "um I'll go home and get ready". Fluttershy walked to the door, but before she left she looked at Spike "I hope you feel better later Spike", Spike gave Fluttershy a smile and she returned the smile and left.

Lightning turned to her brother "so you and Fluttershy".

Thunderstorm turned to his sister, he already knew what she was about to ask "Fluttershy is just my date to the dance and my friend nothing more Lightning" Lightning made a note of that.

Spike couldn't believe he forgot about the dance "hey Twilight" Twilight looked at Spike "the special suit that Rarity made me is it ok". Twilight nodded, Spike destroyed his room but not all of it. Luckily it was easy to fix the damage Spike cause to his own room. "Oh great Lightning Blossom would yo be my date to the Hearts and Hooves Day dance?".

Lightning was caught of guard by that question, she had never been asked out on a date, and now Spike the guy she almost ended up killing was asking her out. Lightning stood there quite until she felt her brother smacking the back of her head with his wing. "Hey Thunderstorm that hurt".

"Sorry I forgot about the whole head thing" Thunderstorm smiled at his sister and she just glared at him, "anyhow I believe Spike asked you a question".

Lightning looked at Spike "yes Spike I'll be your date to the dance". Spike smiled and Lightning smiled back.

"Okay then let's go you have to get ready" Thunderstorm pulled Lightning away.

"Wait Thunderstorm can I leave already?" Lightning asked unsure if she could leave.

Thunderstorm just kept pushing her "well your not dying" Lightning looked back at her brother "fine will ask see y guys later". Spike watched them leave "Lightning's brother is really weird" Spike thought to himself. Spike tried to get up but he was stopped by Twilight.

"Look Spike I know you're going to the dance but I want you to stay longer and rest" Twilight looked at Starlight and back to Spike " I'm going to go meet my brother at the train station will help them get settled and then I'll come pick you up okay".

Spike sighed he knew he wasn't going anywhere and sleep did sound good. Spike nodded he then looked at Starlight and he remembered something "hey Starlight is Sunburst going to take you to the dance". Starlight nodded.

"Yeah Spike he was actually happy that I invited him" Starlight said "well Twilight we should leave Spike needs to rest before the dance and we have to go to the train station".

Twilight nodded and looked back at Spike "Spike do you promise to stay here".

Spike rolled his eyes "yes Twilight I'm not going anywhere" Spike looked at Twilight who wasn't really convinced "Twilight honest I'm not going anywhere sleep sounds pretty good right now". Twilight smiled and left with Starlight following her.

Spike laid back in bed, he was about to close his eyes but he received a letter. Spike opened the letter and it was from Ember "so she is coming great" Spike said to himself. He put the letter on the table next to the bed and he was finally able to go to sleep.


Spike was a sleep having a nice dream, he was eating a lot of ice cream and he was loving every second of it. Spike was used to the sound of hooves waking him up, when he heard that sound it meant Twilight. Spike opened his eyes thinking Twilight came back to get him but was surprised with what he saw. Instead of Twilight he saw Rarity.

Rarity was standing in front of the table, she had the necklace Spike gave her. "I'm sorry Spike" Rarity looked at Spike who was sleeping "I don't deserve this necklace and I definitely don't deserve your friendship" Rarity held the necklace close to her heart, she was crying. Spike could have stop her but he wanted to hear what she had to say, so he pretended to still be asleep.

Rarity kept crying and looked at Spike, "Spike I'm sorry I didn't tell I was just so scared" Rarity kept crying and Spike kept listening "you were such a great friend and I thought the only reason you were friends with me was because you had a crush on me". Spike kept listening he didn't know if he should be angry or sad. "Every time I saw you Spike I wanted to tell you but I was scared I was going to lose your friendship" Rarity was a mess all of her tears ruined her makeup "funny by keeping it in I still lost your friendship". Spike didn't what to do should be stopped her. "Spike all I can ask for is for your forgiveness and I would understand if you never wanted to see me again" Rarity paused and took a deep breath "Spike I'm sorry and I wanted to let you know that I enjoyed every moment we spent together.

Rarity put the necklace on the table and turned around to leave "I forgive you Rarity". Rarity stopped when she heard those words. Spike was now sitting up "Rarity I forgive you and I still want to be your friend". Rarity just stood there. After everything she did Spike still forgave her. Spike stretched his arms inviting Rarity for a hug, Rarity ran and jumped on the bed and hugged Spike still crying.

"I'm sorry Spike I'm sorry for everything" Rarity said in between sobs.

Spike used his claw to raise her head, so that her eyes met his. Spike smiled "it's okay Rarity I forgive you" Rarity smiled back at Spike "Rarity all I ever wanted was to see you happy" Spike kept hugging Rarity his chest still hurt but he didn't care, "Rarity all the things that I did for you I did because it made you happy" Spike paused and took a breath, "I didn't do it because you batted your eyes, or promised me a reward I did it because it made you happy". Rarity looked at Spike face he was smiling, she couldn't help but smile to "Rarity all I ever wanted was to see you happy, so if being with Fancy Pants makes you happy then I'm happy".

"Spike your the best friend a pony could ever ask for" Spike smiled "I'm sorry for not telling you sooner".

"Rarity it's okay let's just put it behind us and let's keep being friends". Rarity smiled at Spike and he smiled back, the two of them finally broke the hug. Spike turned his head to the necklace, it was the same one he gave her "Rarity why did you bring the necklace".

"I came to Gove it back Spike after what I did I don't deserve it".

Spike grabbed the necklace and he put it around Rarity's neck, the sapphire necklace matched perfectly with Rarity's eyes "there it looks absolutely beautiful Rarity I gave this to you as a gift and I want you to keep it". Rarity stared at Spike with a shock expression.

"Spike I can't keep this you work so hard on it and" Rarity didn't finish that sentence, Spike used his claw to keep Rarity quite.

"Rarity I made for you please keep it as a sign of our friendship" Spike let go of Rarity's mouth.

Rarity felt her eyes tearing up again "Spike I don't know what to say I thank you Spike" Rarity looked at the necklace "a sign of our friendship" she thought to herself. Rarity smiled and hugged Spike again and Spike returned the hug.

After about two minutes they finally let go "Rarity I'll see you at the dance" Rarity nodded and smiled. Spike lifted a claw towards Rarity "friends" Rarity put her hoof on Spike's claw.

"Friends" with that Rarity got off the bed and made her way out of the room. She reached the exit to the room and turned around to stare at Spike. "Goodbye Spike I'll see you at the dance" Spike smiled at Rarity and waved goodbye as she did the same.

With that Spike was left alone in the room once more. Spike sighed and smiled he was glad he could talk to his friends and he did feel better. Spike laid back down on the bed and went back to sleep. Even though he was leaving tomorrow he was still happy that he had friends here waiting for the day he would come back.