• Published 15th Apr 2016
  • 3,789 Views, 42 Comments

Spike's Hearts and Hooves Day. - Silver Topaz



Hearts and hooves day brings both happiness and sadness for spike. As he is rejected and also makes a new friend.

  • ...
11
 42
 3,789

Ponyville and a mystery

Ponyville was a strange town to most the town could be happy one day but sad the next. "Today's forecast...happy whit a chance of love later tonight" Spike said to no one he stood there in front of the castle admiring the beauty that was Ponyville today and what beauty it was it was bright and sunny the birds were flying and singing and ponies moved around from one place to another some in pairs and others alone some looked happy some looked sad and others looked like they didn't care.

"It looks like Rainbow Dash did her job for once" Starlight said making Spike jump with her sudden appearance out of nowhere "I'm sorry Spike I didn't mean to scare you" Starlight said looking very apologetic Spike meanwhile for up and dusted himself off.

"I'm fine" Spike who was now looking at Starlight asked "can I help you with anything?" Starlight remembering why she needed Spike used a levitation spell to bring a letter over to her now looking at Spike with a look of nervousness she was going to say something but Spike knew what she was going to ask "you want me to send the letter" Starlight nodded she again was going to speak to probably give him a reason why she just couldn't send it via express mail but Spike knew his fire breath was the fastest he grabbed the letter and he send it. "There you go Starlight already sent they should get it about now" Spike said while looking at his arm in a movement one would do to check the time if they had a watch.

"Thanks Spike" Starlight said still looking nervous but she was also smiling.

"Well my work here is done" Spike said as he started walking away waving goodbye to Starlight as she did the same. The town of Ponyville was decorated like the castle just with the addition of balloons shaped like hearts red and pink streamers and lanterns shaped like hearts. Ponies were everywhere going from store to store trying to find a gift for their special somepony. Spike just stood there watching for a minute and looked in his bag he pulled Rarity's gift a beautiful sapphire necklace that he himself made it took him months and many trips to the Dragon kingdom to find the gems since they were the rarest to find Spike looked at it trying his hardest not to eat it. "Maybe I should buy her some flowers" Spike though to himself as he started making his way to the market place.

On his way to the market place Spike saw even more ponies he saw Lyra and Bon Bon sitting and talking Luke they usually do he saw Time Turner who everypony just called the doctor talking to Derpy he was to faraway to hear but he could only guess he asked her to the dance because she got real happy and started hugging him. As Spike kept walking he saw Thunderlane thinking really hard about something while leaning against a house farther down the road he saw Carrot Top and Blossomforth talking he kept walking until he saw something fly over him and then stop right in front of him that something was someone and it was no other than Rainbow Dash the cyan colored mare with a rainbow colored mane and tail.

Spike had an annoyed look on his face knowing how conversations with Rainbow Dash usually went he would either be very annoyed or very angry by the time it ended. "Hey Spike what are you you to?".

Spike sighed not wanting to be rude he answered her question "I'm going to get flowers for Rarity so I can ask her to be my date to the dance and maybe something more" Rainbow Dash not looking surprised sighed but she had a look of interest.

"Did you just say something more" Rainbow said keeping her eyes locked on Spike.

"Yes today is the day I finally tell Rarity how I feel about her" Rainbow hearing that got a real worried look on her face Spike notice her look "are you okay Rainbow".

Rainbow snapping out of her thoughts finally spoke "who me sure couldn't be better but are you sure telling Rarity how you feel is a good idea" Spike thought he heard that line before.

"I'm pretty sure is one of the best ideas I ever had" Rainbow rolled her eyes and got back her worried look "first Twilight and now you why do you think is a bad idea.

"Well" Rainbow was about to say something but she knew Spike wasn't going to listen"forget it just don't get mad okay".

"Why would I get mad" Spike said now looking very confused.

"No reason" Rainbow said laughing nervously and scratching the back of her head with her hooves Spike raised an eyebrow but before he could say anything Rainbow was already in the air "you know I just remember I gotta go help Fluttershy with something so bye" Rainbow flying away while was just left there confused he shook his head and just kept walking.

Spike finally made it to the market place as he expected there were a lot of ponies moving around but Spike didn't pay attention he only had one thing in mind and that was the flowers. Spike finally found the flower stand in his way he saw Fluttershy buying food for her animals but two factors made it a weird conversation number one Fluttershy was with a stallion he had never seen in Ponyville and second as soon as Spike mentioned that he was going to tell Rarity how he felt about her Fluttershy got a worried look on her face. "First Twilight then Rainbow Dash and now Fluttershy why are they acting so weird" Spike thought to himself "whatever I'll figure it out later" Spike walked to the stand today it was Daisy's turn to watch over it. The three ponies or the flower sisters as the town came to call them usually traded spots working selling the flowers usually it was Rose but sometimes Daisy would take care of the stand and in some rare occasions Lily would take care of the stand. Daisy noticed spike walking towards her "hi Spike how are you".

" Hi Daisy I'm fine how are you" Spike said with a smile.

"I'm fine so what can I get for you" Spike thought about what flower to get he didn't think for to long as he pointed to a bouquet of roses "here you go Spike fifteen bits please" Spike gave her the money and smelled the flowers they smell great he waved goodbye to Daisy and she did the same.

"Rarity is going to love these" Spike said roses were Rarity's favorite flower and they were coming from her favorite dragon Spike looked at the flowers and felt like something was missing "of course" Spike said as he started running.

Spike finally made it to his destination Sugar Cube Corner the best sweet shop on Ponyville it was pretty easy to see since it looked like a giant gingerbread house or maybe it looked like a cake anyway you looked at it you knew what the shop was about. Spike entered the store and immediately was tackled to the ground by a pink earthpony named Pinkie Pie. "Hi Spike how are you? what are you doing here?" Spike was going to speak but Pinkie interrupted him "o are you here to buy a cake or a cupcake how about some chocolate or cookies or...." Spike held Pinkie's mouth clothes he knew that if he didn't she could go on for hours and Spike had no time to lose.

"Pinkie I'm just here to buy some of those chocolate Rarity likes do you know what they are" Pinkie nodded and went back behind the counter at a speed that would make Rainbow Dash jealous.Spike always wondered how she did that but going on past experience he knew it was better to just accept it and not ask questions.

"So let me guess flowers and chocolate you wouldn't be asking Rarity to be your special somepony by any chance would you" Spike nodded surprised that Pinkie could figure it out so easily.

"Pinkie have you been spying on me" Pinkie only responded by shaking her head really fast "o well not only will I ask Rarity to be my very special somepony but I will also tell her how I feel" Pinkie like all of the others gained a worried look Spike again noticed he was going to ask what was wrong but decided not to since no one ever answered before so he just waited for the chocolate.

10 minutes or so of waiting they were ready Spike still waiting at the counter was surprised Pinkie didn't talk to him or even looked at him she was actually trying to avoid his gaze when the chocolates were done Pinkie brought them and left "well that was weird" Spike said he reached into his bag to get his bits "okay last time Rarity bought them they were twenty bits Spike left the money and started making his way outside when he realized something was pulling him not allowing him to leave when he looked back it was Pinkie she was pulling his tail with all her strength. Spike struggled "let me go Pinkie" Pinkie just shook her head and kept pulling after shaking his tail for a while he was finally able to get her off again trying to leave he was blocked by the pink mare that was standing in the door "Pinkie what's the matter with you you are acting weirder than normal" Pinkie did not answer and just stood there "okay Pinkie that's enough I have to leave" Spike started pushing Pinkie who was now starting to loose her grip but that finally got her to talk.

"Spike I don't think telling Rarity how you feel is a good idea" Spike on the other hand didn't get it he was confused first Twilight then Rainbow Dash then Fluttershy and now Pinkie. Pinkie the pony who would throw a party for just about any reason was now throwing away the perfect opportunity to grow a party after Spike and Rarity got together well Spike had enough it was time to get some answers do they know something he doesn't well he was about to find out.

He stopped Pushing Pinkie and asked "Pinkie what's going on do you know something I don't if so tell me why is telling Rarity how I feel a bad idea" Pinkie didn't answer she couldn't answer she Pinkie promised Rarity she wouldn't tell Spike but she didn't want Spike to get hurt Pinkie didn't know what to do thinking Pinkie did the only thing she could do she stepped aside her worried look now replaced with a sad one.

"Go ahead Spike I think is time you learned the truth" Pinkie said almost on the verge of crying "I'm sorry Spike" she gave him a hug and started running upstairs crying one of her best friends was going to get hurt and she couldn't do anything to stop it. Spike just stood there he was even more confused than he was before half of him wanted to go and tell Pinkie that everything was going to be fine the other half wanted to know what was going on eventually the latter one and Spike left his destination Rarity's boutique.

Spike finally made it to the boutique he stood there in front of the door thinking "is this really a good idea why we're all of my friends trying to stop me" Spike thought to himself still standing his friends knew something he didn't and whatever it was was enough to make Pinkie Pie start crying "wait is Rarity dying is that what it was" Spike just kept thinking the worst his face went from worried to sad "no calm down Spike she's not dying" Spike said to himself starting to calm down he needed to know why all of his friend he met on his way to Rarity's boutique were telling him it was a bad idea to tell Rarity how he felt and he wasn't going to find out by just standing there.

Spike had a determined look on his face he knocked on the door and waited he was going to tell Rarity how he felt he was going to ask her to be his special somepony he was going to ask her to the Hearts and Hooves Day dance and he was going to ask what was going on.

Author's Note:

So the story continues is would you considered this a cliffhanger. Also I so wanted to go Dragon Ball z on the end will spike find out what's going on? Will he tell Rarity how he feels? Will he take her to the dance? Are this author's notes stupid? Find out on the next exciting chapter of Spikes Hearts and Hooves Day. Anyhow glad some of you liked my story any advice on how I can improve is always welcome and I'll try to get the next chapter done as soon as possible bye.