• Published 11th Apr 2016
  • 3,686 Views, 72 Comments

Deafened - Crayonpaste

  • ...
18
 72
 3,686

Sunset Shimmer v2.0

Everybody knows about the whole fiasco of Sunset trying to take over the world happened at CHS; but you were in bed sick with a really bad case of the flu when it was all happening. Your head was pounding, everything ached, and you were shivering like you were having a seizure despite having multiple layers on.

A week later when you recovered, you were shocked to see Sunset Shimmer, the Heisenberg of Canterlot High being shoved around, treated like dirt, and bullied incessantly. Hell, even Snips and Snails were having a go at her. You asked Vice Principal Luna what the heck was going on, and she replied saying Sunset Shimmer turned into a crazy winged demon that tried to enslave the entire school and kill Twilight Sparkle. You went to over thirty students to confirm, and every single one of them said yes. You thought it was pretty fucked up too, especially since she used to date your best friend.

"Hey, catch!" Without warning, a soccer ball flies straight at your stomach, knocking the wind out of you before a second one nails you straight in the groin. The students run off laughing before you can do anything about it other than swear loudly.

"Man..." You wince, clenching your balls to try and do something about the throbbing pain.

Flash Sentry was right; word spread about what you did at the game versus Crystal Prep faster than a wildfire, and he was also right when it took an even shorter time for everyone to decide that what you did was just as bad as what Sunset Shimmer did way back, possibly even worse.

So yeah, today marks Day 7 in a new chapter of your life as Sunset Shimmer 2.0. Your friends have all abandoned you, save for Flash, you have like twelve new nicknames that change as the months go by, and you sit alone at lunch every day.

But your favorite part about your new life is this really cool game invented by the girl's and boy's soccer team where everyone is supposed to kick a soccer ball at you as you pass by in the hallway.

You get 1 point for nailing Anon in the arms, or legs. 5 if you knock a drink our of his hands or make him trip. 3 points for any torso shot, and 10 if you score a headshot. However, getting a ball to hit the family jewels was the jackpot, awarding you 50, and a free ice coffee, courtesy of the Canterlot High soccer team. Thankfully for you, most people aim below the belt line, leaving your head pretty intact. However, your stomach, hips, and thighs have become thoroughly sore since Day 1. You feel like the pain's stopping and begin to get up before seeing a shadow looming over you.

"Look." You put a hand up in the air. "I already took two nutshots today, one for each ball; so can you at least show some decency and just go for the chest-"

Your body freezes up, a chill going down your spine as you stare into a set of gentle, sky blue eyes. But you know better; there's nothing gentle with eyes who belong to THAT girl. Hell, you'll be damned if there's a single gentle bone in Sunset Shimmer at all.

"Uhhh, h-howdy." You stammer nervously. Despite the beating he just took, Anon Jr. is all to ready to open the floodgates and piss in your jeans at the sight of Canterlot High's Maleficent Queen of the Cunts.

Surprisingly, Sunset hasn't smashed your face in just yet. She's just...staring at you as if she's deep in thought. You suddenly hear a bouncing noise coming from behind and turn, just in time to see a soccer ball moments before it connects with your stomach. You gasp in pain as you find yourself lying on the school's hard linoleum floor once again.

"Snips, you overshot it!" You hear Snails chastise his friend. "That could've been a perfect nutshot!"

"I still have this baseball though!" Snips says. "But Lightning Dust said to do it with a soccer ball!"

"It's still a ball so I guess it's fine." Snails shrugs. "Go for it!"

You're no physics master like Discord; you're barely maintaining a B in his class, but even you can tell that as the ball soars through the air that this one is going to be a jackpot. You try to move your limp body, but that last soccer ball might've pushed your body to it's limit. Still, you desperately try to escape your inevitable fate until you spot an arm moving in front of you.

Sunset Shimmer's hand lays an inch from your crotch, holding in her palm the baseball Snips threw. She gets up, staring at Snips and Snails with a fiery glare in her eyes before holding the baseball to them, and crushing it to dust in her hand. You see Snips and Snails looking at the small pile of baseball rubble at Sunset's feet then at each other, each accumulating a dark spot in the center of their pants before screaming in terror and running away.

Sunset wipes the remaining baseball fragments off her hand and then turns to you. You want to thank Sunset for what she just did, but you're equally as scared as Snips and Snails right now. She offers a hand, which you gingerly take, still keeping an eye for any sudden movements that she's about to do.

"Hey, uhhh... Thanks..." You say nervously.

"You're welcome." Sunset replies back calmly. You can see there's still a great deal of anger still burning away in her eyes which scares the shit out of you.

"But uhhh...I don't mean to be rude..." You continue, gradually building up confidence. "But why? Why did you do that?"

Sunset looks at you blankly for a moment before looking away and taking a deep breath.

"You were there during the Fall Formal last year, weren't you?"

"Actually, no." You reply honestly. "I was sick in bed with the flu." Upon hearing this, her eyes open with surprise for a moment before looking down at the ground again.

"Well you've probably heard about it, didn't you? What I did?"

You reply with a nod. Let's be honest though: who doesn't know about it? But then again...who doesn't know about what YOU did as well? The two of you walk in silence together, before another student comes at you with a soccer ball. He stops abruptly as soon as Sunset Shimmer gives him a glare that could kill, and quickly scurries away like a mouse.

"Doesn't it suck?" Sunset suddenly blurts out. "Just being... hated by everyone?"

"Yeah..." You answer back. "And it's even worse when you know it's because you did something awful to cause them all to hate you..."

"I'm like...you now...no offense though." You quickly add.

"None taken." Sunset chuckles, before quickly hunching over for a moment. "I know what you're going through right now..."

You yawn, or at least try to yawn before your stomach reminds you just how many times it's been hit today. You wince with pain, and start coughing up a storm.

"Anon!" Sunset gasps. "You alright?!" In between your coughs, you try to nod. Much to your surprise though, Sunset puts down her purse to unzip your jacket. She pulls up your shirt, revealing your swollen stomach that's been smacked by so many soccer balls you could see the soccer ball patterns printed on your skin like a tattoo.

"Oh my god..." She whispers, putting her hand on your stomach. "It's burning...."

"Heh, it's not as bad as it looks." You chuckle, pulling your shirt back down. "All I need is to take a warm bath and it'll be gone before-"

You're cut off by a very angry glare from Sunset. It's not the same "I'm going to strangle you with your own intestines" glare she gave to Snips and Snails, but rather more of the kind a mother gives to their children when they do something stupid. It doesn't matter though; both glares are equally frightening coming from Sunset Shimmer.

"Why are you letting them do this to you?!" She demands. "Why aren't you standing up for yourself, Anon?!"

"'What can I do when twenty soccer balls all come flying at me at once?" You reply, before pulling your shirt back. The sudden feeling of fabric touching your skin again sets of waves of pain again, causing you to let out a groan. "God...I wish I never met Adagio."

"Wait a second." Sunset freezes in place. "Anon...speaking about Adagio, and those two other girls...there's something I need to ask you."

"Go for it."

"That night during the game when you were with those three girls...did you see anything strange? Specifically, something like green smoke, or whatnot?"

"Why are you so obsessed with those three girls anyways?" You ask.

"Just answer the question." Sunset says bluntly. "You know those three girls aren't normal by now."

"Well..." You scratch your head. "I do remember seeing a ton of green smoke towards the end of the game...and those weird, ruby necklaces that they wore always glowed around that green smoke stuff."

"Wait. Seriously?" Sunset says fearfully. "What else did you see?"

"I remember one time when I was with Adagio, I saw her necklace sucking in that green smoke, and just glowing. Like really brightly."

Color fades from Sunset's face as her eyes shrink down to the size of pinpricks. Suddenly, she grabs your arm, and starts sprinting down the hallways of the school with you.

"Hey!" You shout. "What are you doing?!"

Sunset continues dragging you across the school's hallways, first leading you first down the English hallway, down a flight of stairs, through the cafeteria, and into the library. She bursts the door open, and runs off with you towards a messy table filled with open and closed books scattered left and right.

"Sunset!" You finally wriggle yourself free from her grasp. "What the heck are you doing?!"

"Oh...I uhhh, probably should've told you where we were going first..." Sunset chuckles nervously, blushing a little. You can't believe you're actually thinking this, but it's actually kind of cute when she's embarrassed like that...

"Well, whatever it is you looked like the sky was falling for a moment, so it's probably important." You say. "So why'd you drag me here?"

Sunset Shimmer ignores your question for a minute, and proceeds to start digging around the table for a book. You tap your foot impatiently for a moment before she finally returns back to you, and shows you a book.

"Mythology: Ancient Creatures and Monsters of the World." You read aloud before raising an eyebrow at Sunset. "What are you trying to tell me?"

"Look." Sunset takes the book out of your hands. She starts rapidly turning the pages before stopping at a page with a picture of this weird fish thing with hooves.

"What's this?" You ask, confused. "The Capricorn symbol?"

"No no no no no." Sunset facepalms. "It's a siren. A magical monster that sings mind-controlling songs that make others do their bidding. They feed of other creatures' negativity and the more negative energy they feed, the stronger their powers become."

"And your point?"

"Doesn't that sound a little like Adagio, Aria, and Sonata to you?" Sunset asks you.

You stare at Sunset blankly for like two minutes straight. Slowly, but surely, a peculiar emotion begins to build up inside of you. It bubbles, getting stronger and stronger until you can't contain it anymore.

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! OH FUCK MY STOMACH, WHY DID I LAUGH?!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! FUCK! OW! OW! OW!"

Pain and Laughter. That's all you're feeling right now after the absurdity of what Sunset Shimmer just said; nothing else. Your sides are simultaneously exploding as they leave your body right now. Pain and Laughter, Pain and Laughter.

"Anonymous, I'm serious!" Sunset stomps in anger. "This isn't any time to be joking around!"

"Come on, Sunset!" You cough, wiping tears from your eyes. "Everybody knows there's no such thing as magic!"

"Oh, I'd be a little more open-minded if I were you..."

Your laughter instantly vanishes, as you freeze in place. You recognize that voice. Deep, and sensual, but you know that nothing good would ever come from hearing that voice again. You turn around, and see Adagio Dazzle, accompanied by Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk. Except this time, they look...different. Those red pendants they're wearing are glowing unnaturally bright; much brighter than usual. It's to the point where if you look at them directly, you're dazed as if you looked at the sun.

"You!" Sunset Shimmer growls. "What are you three doing here?!"

"This is none of your business." Aria scowls at Sunset Shimmer. "We're here for Anon."

"What do you want?" You say slowly, glaring at Adagio as you do.

"Awww don't be so cold, Anonymous." Adagio pouts. "It's been over a week since we've seen each other..."

"Only feels like yesterday, unfortunately." You cross your arms. "What the hell could you possibly want with me this time, Adagio? Haven't you already caused enough damage to one poor dude?"

"Oh, this will only take a moment." Adagio says, brushing your arm which you promptly push away. Giggling, she nods to Aria and Sonata as the three close their eyes and open their mouths.

"Anon quick, cover your ears!" Sunset shrieks.

Instantly, you begin hearing something beautiful. Adagio, Aria, and Sonata break into a chorus of singing, and their gems sparkle to life, dazzling you for a second. You feel a strange tugging in the back of your head. It's more of a slight migraine than anything. You just cross your arms, and listen to the three girls as the singing finally begins to die down.

"So uhmmmm, am I supposed to applause?" You ask Adagio, who looks at you surprised for a moment, before narrowing her eyes.

"Of course..." Sunset takes a sigh in relief. "The hearing aid..."

"That's too bad." Adagio frowns. "Anyways Anonymous, we're here because we wanted to give you a little message."

"A message?" You cross your arms.

"You see, there's going to be changes that are about to happen to this school Anon." Adagio explains, her trademark evil smile returning to her face. Two weeks ago, you'd have melted before that smile. Now...well, it's still easy on the eyes for you, but now you know Adagio Dazzle's true colors. "Starting now, this school's going to be ours, and I'll expect you not to get in our way."

"And...how exactly do you plan on doing this?" You look at her awkwardly.

"Like this!" Aria grins. She extends her hand forward, and you see a faint, purple mist shoot towards you. It grasps your neck, and you instantly feel the flow of oxygen being cut off from your lung.

"Hey! Get away from him!" Sunset Shimmer shouts before lunging at Aria. Adagio responds by simply holding her hand out, and Sunset is suddenly knocked off her feet by some invisible force.

Meanwhile, you wheeze in pain, struggling to push the mist off your throat, but its hold on you gets tighter and tighter. Right when you feel like you're about to pass out, the mist suddenly dissipates, and releases you.

"Wha...What the fuck..." You gasp, grasping your throat.

"Pretty cool, isn't it?" Sonata smiles. "The more negative energy we consume, the stronger we become! And after that soccer game, we definitely had a good time!"

"This is the power of the siren." Adagio says, a wide-eyed, unmistakably evil smile etched across her face. "The power that you created, Anon..."

The realization finally begins hitting you like a freight train; so does this mean...

"That's right, it was never about your petty little games with Rainbow." Aria holds out her necklace. "I don't even need to use my magic to tell that was on your mind."

"You may not be under our spell, but after the Battle of the Bands, everyone else will!" Adagio laughs.

You clench your fist in anger. After all this time, Adagio never even liked you, did she? You get back on your feet, and prepare to give Adagio the biggest right hook you can muster, but all Adagio does is wave her hand, and you're blown off your feet in a similar way that Sunset was.

"Come on now..." She coos, kneeling down over you. You can tell with the way she's leaning over in front of you she's clearly trying to give you a view of her cleavage. The gem in her center glows to near blinding levels of light as her face gets closer and closer to you. "Did you really think that would work?"

"Piss off." You growl at Adagio. You know that at this very moment, Adagio could probably do some sort of magic that would blast your face off, but you don't care; you stare her down as you lay injured on the ground defiant. All Adagio does in return is smirk down at you before dissolving into a ball of light that disperses through the air. Aria, and Sonata follow suit, and before you know it, they're gone.

"Ughhh."

"Sunset!" You gasp, seeing her on the ground. "You okay?!"

She responds only with another groan. Panicking, you pick her up and push the books on the table aside, making room for Sunset before laying her down on it. You start by feeling her forehead, which doesn't seem to be burning, and then check her pulse. Oh shit, you don't feel anything. You then check her breath, and she only seems to be breathing ever so slightly.

Gritting you teeth, you know what you have to do next.

CPR

You take off your jacket, and try to remember: was it 30 compressions then 2 breaths, or 20 compressions and 4?

'Fifty-fifty' You think to yourself. 'Guess I'll go with the former.'

You position your hand in the center of Sunset's chest, just below her breasts, and start pumping, counting to thirty in your head. Upon reaching thirty, you grimace as you stare at Sunset's open mouth. It's this part that's always the worst. Wiping your mouth, you roll up your sleeves, and take a deep breath as you descend.

'Here goes nothing.' You think.

Wow. Sunset's lips feel...soft. Really soft. Slowly, you tilt her head back, and exhale. Blowing into her mouth as you give her oxygen. You eventually expend your lungs and pull away from Sunset, taking another deep breath before descending upon her again. However, as soon as you start blowing, those aqua eyes of hers shoot open, as she lets out an ear-piercing scream. The next thing you feel is an intense, stinging pain that emanates across your entire cheek as you're knocked down to the ground.

"ANON!!!" Sunset Shimmer shrieks. "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!"

"What do you mean what the hell was that?!" You retort in outrage. "I just saved your freaking life!"

"Bullshit you creep! You were about to try something on me before I woke up and-"

"THAT WAS CPR, DUMBASS!" You roar, rubbing your cheek. You get up, seeing Sunset Shimmer's anger vanish instantly. Her face is so red right now, it looks like she's about to explode, which you would be concerned about had she not just slapped you across the face.

"This never happened." Sunset points at you. "Got it?"

"Yeah." You agree, before revealing the giant red hand on your cheek. "And just how am I going to explain this?!"

"Does it really matter?! You're so hated by everyone in CHS, that you can't possibly go any lower."

"Yeah, big words coming from you." You shoot back. Realizing you hit a soft spot, you quickly bite your tongue, and step back from Sunset Shimmer. The two of you stare at each other, both of you expecting the other to hit them or something, until you finally lower your guard, and look down at the ground.

"I...uhm...I...I...I didn't mean what I said." You stutter. "I'm...I'm sorry Sunset Shimmer."

"And I'm sorry too for slapping you." Sunset Shimmer says. "I'll go get some ice and-"

"No, no it's fine." You shake your hand. "I'll just walk it off."

"B-but how are you going to explain-"

"You were right; I honestly don't care what other people think of me anymore." You chuckle. "Perks of being the most hated person in Canterlot High."

"Second." Sunset points at herself, laughing. "Don't forget about Sunset She-demon."

Author's Note:

Was writing this chapter and realized I accidently cut like 1k words out before publishing this. Sorry guys.