• Published 11th Apr 2016
  • 3,686 Views, 72 Comments

Deafened - Crayonpaste

  • ...
18
 72
 3,686

Adagio Scheming

Ever since Rainbow Dash threw that flashbang at you, you had to stop driving to school like you normally did, meaning you now have to take the bus. And to think that once you got your license, you'd never see this big piece of yellow metal ever again...

You take one good look at the bus, and can already foresee that nothing good is going to come out of riding on this bus; the bus's typical routine is to pick up students from a middle school before coming to Canterlot High, meaning when you step in, there's going to be like four empty seats at best, meaning you're almost always going to have to sit next to that one awkward middle schooler.

Come to think of it though, A LOT of middle school kids are awkward. You remember how when you were in middle school, you and your friends were scared shitless by how tall the high schoolers were. Oh how the tables have turned now; you get on the bus, and every single middle school kid stops whatever they're doing, and looks at you as if you were some serial killer. But Lady Luck is on your side today, and you find a nice empty seat up front.

Just as you're about to take a seat, you feel your phone go off and you get a message from an unknown number. You read the text message:

Anonymous,

Hello, this is Adagio. We wanted to discuss our plans on settling your little vendetta with Rainbow Dash today. Come to the cafeteria.

Your cheeks burn for a moment. How the heck did Adagio get your number?! Not that you're complaining or anything, but still. You take one look at the grumpy looking bus driver glaring at the kids in the back throwing food at each other, and that's all the incentive you need to start walking back towards the entrance of the school. As you make your way towards the cafeteria, you wonder what exactly Adagio meant on "settling your vendetta".

What was she going to do? Expose Rainbow for what she did or something like that? But since Aria is in her little friend group, you're guessing they'd cook up something a little more sadistic... But you can't help but feel nervous about the idea of doing something like that; you're all for making Rainbow pay, but doing anything illegal is where you draw the line. If your mom ever finds out you committed a crime she would murder you herself before you even set foot in jail.

Once you step into the cafeteria, you immediately take off your hearing aid as to avoid the hundreds of voices that it's going to pick up all at once. Students of all ages from freshmen to seniors are scattered across various tables; some are doing their homework, others are on their phones, and some are just talking, and having a good time with their friends. However, it doesn't take long for you to spot Adagio's poofy mass of orange hair among the crowd, and the three girls notice you walking towards them.

"Want to take this somewhere quieter?" You ask the Dazzlings. "Here, my hearing aid goes bonkers since it picks up everyone's voices at once."

You watch as the three girls start talking with each other before Aria rolls her eyes and Adagio motions you to follow them. The two of you eventually leave the cafeteria altogether and take a turn into an empty hallway. You stuff your hearing aid back into your ear, and wait for one of the three Dazzlings to break the ice.

"So..." You say, trying to keep your eyes from falling downwards towards Adagio's cleavage. "What's your plan?"

"Well, to know what hurts people the most, you need to know what they like the most..." Adagio says. "I for one, know that Rainbow Dash takes absolute pride in her athletic prowess..."

"And plus, next Tuesday there's a pretty big soccer game against Canterlot High's rivals: Crystal Prep!" Sonata adds. "It's like an invisible old man living way up on the clouds is just giving us this opportunity!"

"Invisible old...what?" Aria looks confused at Sonata. "Man, you're so weird Sonata..."

"Ha! Not as weird as your tacky ripped vest!" Sonata shoots back, giving Aria a raspberry. "I mean seriously; who pays sixty bucks for clothes that already look twenty years old?"

"Tacky?!" Aria's eyes flash with anger as she cracks her knuckles."Why you- I'll show YOU tacky!"

Before you can even blink, you see Sonata pinned to the ground as Aria begins twisting her arm back, causing Sonata to scream in pain.

"AAAAAAAUGGHHHHH! UNCLE! UNCLE! UNCLE! UNCLE!" She shouts, furiously tapping the ground with her free arm.

"Can you two go ten seconds without bickering like a married couple?!" Adagio steps in just before Aria was about to do what looked like something out of WWE on Sonata.

"But she started it!" Sonata whines, rubbing her nearly twisted arm.

"And I'm ending it!"Adagio shouts.

This whole little argument between the three girls would have been cute if not downright hilarious had these girls been like, ten years younger, but now it just makes you feel like you're walking into a private part of their lives that you shouldn't be seeing. You feel extremely awkward after just witnessing the way Adagio acted almost like a mom to Sonata. You clear your throat, reminding the Dazzlings that you're here too.

"So then..." You say. "What is your plan, Adagio?"

Adagio's face contorts into a malicious smile, causing you to almost recoil at the sight of it; how could such a pretty face look even more evil than Aria?!

"Sabotage." Adagio's evil smile widens even more.

"It's no secret that Canterlot High and Crystal Prep absolutely hate each others' guts." Aria says. "From what I've seen, sports matches between the two schools can turn into complete slugfests."

So that's what they're going to do; sabotage the game on Tuesday and make it look like it was all Rainbow Dash's fault. Sounds pretty brutal to you. You'd almost feel sorry for Rainbow Dash had she not done what she did to you.

"Huh." You cross your arms. "I was expecting more of trying to get Rainbow Dash suspended by exposing to the entire school it was she who threw that flashbang, but okay."

"That wouldn't work in a thousand years." Adagio says.

"And why's that?"

"The Principal has her favorites." Adagio explains to you. "And Rainbow Dash, along with those other six girls that always tag with her have always been her favorites; she could have videotaped the entire thing, put it on Youtube, and Principal Celestia would still find a way to weasel out of punishing Rainbow Dash."

'Wow, that sucks.' You think to yourself. And to think that you spared that woman from getting her ass sued to oblivion by your mom; if you knew she was really that corrupt you would've let your mom go full force at her.

"So how are we going to carry this out?" You ask. "What's your exact plan?"

"Just do what I say, and I'll promise you'll have your sweet revenge." She answers back. "I guarantee it."

"But that doesn't explain-" You're cut off by Aria elbowing you on the arm, and shaking her head, warning you not to fight with Adagio. Normally, you'd tell Aria to piss off, but you get a feeling that she's right this time.

"So what do you want me to do?" You ask Adagio, keeping your arms folded in front of your chest.

"If we are to sabotage Rainbow Dash's soccer game, we need to know where she keeps her sports gear, and other bits of important information." Adagio puts a hand to her chin, showing she's deep in thought before turning her gaze to you. "Soccer practice should be going on right now, Anon. Go with Aria and try to gather as much information as you can about the game. Sonata, you and I are going to the science lab; I think they have something that could be of use to us..."

"Ugh, why am I stuck with the dweeb?!" Aria protests, looking at you with disgust. Adagio responds with an intimidating "deal with it" glare, and that's all she needed to do to shut up Aria.

'Wow.' You think. 'What a woman.' Being able to straight up tell someone like Aria to fuck right off without raising a finger. So she's hot, she's smart, and is a total badass. What a woman indeed.

"Well, we've got some work cut out for us then."You look over to Aria. "Come on, let's get on with it."

"I don't take orders from you." She says dismissively. "Just don't get in my way, and Rainbow'll get what's coming to her."

'Still as bitchy as ever.' You think as you begin walking briskly with Aria towards the soccer turf. The two of you continue to walk in silence together, passing by crowds of people and eventually leaving the main building and on to the soccer field. When the two of you get out of the main building, instead of walking straight towards the soccer turf, Aria goes off to the side, and into a woody area dense with trees, and bushes and you follow.

You silently wonder to yourself whether these woods have any ticks or poison ivy in them; you've seen your uncle get Lyme Disease from one of those bastards before. It's anything but pleasant. Nevertheless, Aria keeps going forward until she's hidden underneath a pile of brushes on the edge of the woods and motions you to come over. You come in, and realize this little patch of bushes has a near-perfect view of the Canterlot High soccer field.

"I've got a pair of binoculars in my bag." Aria says. "Get them."

Deciding not to argue with her, you reach into Aria's acid green backpack and begin rummaging through her belongings. You're not that surprised when you open the bag and get a faint whiff of weed along with at least five packages of gum. You continue to dig around, and finally stumble upon a pair of deep violet tinted binoculars and hand it to her. Aria all but snatches it out of your hands, and focuses it forward. You squint, and you can just barely make out figures running around the field.

"Wanna learn a trick?" Aria asks, her gaze still focused on the soccer field. "Make a fist with your hand, but make sure there's a tiny hole in between, and put your eye to it. You'll see better." You follow Aria's instructions and when you put your fist to your eye, you're amazed to find that it actually works.

"There's Rainbow Dash." You mutter, spotting her juggling a soccer ball with her feet.

"Take a good long look." Aria smirks through her binoculars. "In a week, this sorry girl's life's gonna be hell. We'll make sure of that. Now, make yourself useful and get a notebook and pen. We're here to gather a little info on our buddy here."

"Info?" You raise an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"Anything." Aria replies. "Rainbow's kicking foot, the kind of soccer ball they use, anything that'll give us an edge in sabotaging her game."

"It would've helped to have gotten a little more extra guidelines..." You say, taking out a notebook and pen from your bag.

"Adagio doesn't like setting a hard, concrete procedure on doing things; likes to give the people she works with a little breathing room to improvise if things go wrong."Aria explains. "Well...at least for me. She's not as lenient with Sonata..."

"And why's that?" You ask.

"'Cause she's a total nincompoop."

The two of you share a quick chuckle before getting back to spying on Rainbow Dash and the girl's soccer team. You want to feel like you're on some super cool secret agent spying mission, but who are you kidding? This is stalking plain and simple. But sometimes, good guys need to do bad things to make the world right. Was that how it went? Or was it the other way around? You don't know.

"So...Rainbow Dash's kicking foot is her left." Aria mutters before turning to you. "Jot that down."You nod, quickly writing down Aria's observations. The two of you continue doing this until eventually the two of you compile nearly two entire pages worth of notes. From things like her uniform number to her estimating her cleat size, you jot it all down and Aria reads everything you've written over.

"This looks like enough for Adagio." Aria says, tearing out the pages from your notebook. "Good work, Anon."

'Wow. Did she just congratulate me?' You think to yourself. 'Aria Blaze? The girl who takes every opportunity to annoy the hell out of you, and make you want to murder someone every single day of your life? Your life really is starting to make a turn for the better.'

"Didn't think I'd ever get that from you." You chuckle.

"Yeah, don't get used to it, Anon." Aria smirks.

***Meanwhile with Adagio and Sonata***

"Adaaaaaaaaa I'm thirsty!" Sonata calls out from the other side of the science lab. "When are we leaving?"

"Come on, just hold it a little longer, Sonata." You answer back. "We're almost done here. Just keep watch of the hallways, and tell me if any teachers are coming."

"But I'm so thirsty my head is hurting!" She protests.

"Five minutes, that's all I'm asking!"

'Why must Sonata always act like a child?!' You think. 'She's a siren over seven hundred years old, yet has the maturity of a six year old!' Aria is just one year older, and you three. Do those two years really make that a huge of a difference?

"Come on." You mutter to yourself as you rummage through the chemistry lab's cabinets. "All I'm looking for is a roll of copper wire...is it really that hard to find?"

You go through another pair of cabinets, and find another spool of copper wire. Just one more, and you two should be all set. You look over your shoulder, then listen for any footsteps before grabbing the wire and stuffing it into your backpack. Suspicion begins to overwhelm you when you haven't heard Sonata complain at all for a couple minutes. You look behind you, and see Sonata carrying a brown bottle. She opens it and is about to pour some into her mouth.

"SONATA YOU IDIOT, DON'T DRINK THAT!" You screech as you dive over a table, and snatch the brown bottle out of her hand. Some of the liquid spills out of the bottle, splattering on a nearby table. A menacing hissing sound soon follows after as a smoking hole begins to form where the liquid met the table. You glare at Sonata whose eyes are fixated on the burnt hole in the table.

"Oooooh that was so cool!" Sonata says excitingly. "Do it again, Dagi! Do it!"

"Why would you EVER do that?!" You glare at Sonata.

"I was thirsty!" Sonata replies innocently. You feel your left eye twitch involuntarily; is she purposely doing this just to annoy you, or is she actually this stupid?

"Did you even read the bottle?!" You point at the brown bottle, which you begin to read aloud. "'98% Concentrated Sulfuric Acid, Highly Corrosive, DO NOT CONSUME.' That giant hole in the table could have been your throat, Sonata!"

"Hmph!" Sonata sticks her head up in the air proudly. "Corrosive Schamossive; you make it sound like we're just normal humans!"

"Without our true Equestrian magic, we are just normal humans." You snap. "Or did you forget that part too?"

"Oh..." She says. "Ooops...Well I uhm-"

"Just wait outside." You facepalm. "I'm almost done here..."

******

You look at the clock. 3:30 PM. Adagio said they'd be done by now...why aren't they here yet? You look over at Aria and see her tapping her foot impatiently, wearing her trademark grumpy scowl.

"Any idea what's holding your sisters up?" You ask.

"My guess is that Sonata probably did something stupid again." Aria says. "Or perhaps Adagio ran into a mirror in the hallway..."

You chuckle. 'It's funny because it's true.' You think to yourself. But hey, if you were as attractive as she was, you'd be looking at yourself every now and then too.

The cafeteria doors swing open, and you look up to see Adagio with Sonata tagging right behind her. Adagio's hair appeared to be a little disheveled, but that didn't stop you from staring a little too long at her. You look down and see Sonata's skirt with a small little hole where the fabric is darkened around it as if it was burned by acid or something.

"I trust you two got the job done?"Adagio asks.

"We got it." Aria answers back, handing Aria the notes you jotted down during your little spying session. "He actually did a pretty good job."

Adagio starts reading the notes intently, and you can't help but notice Fluttershy walking past the four of you. She stops as if she were about to say something, but a glare from Aria sends her scuttling away. Adagio hands back the notes to Aria and turns to you with an impressed look on her face.

"Nice job, Anonymous." She smiles. "Looks like Physics isn't the only thing you're good at."

"Oh, I'm good at a lot of things." You chuckle. "...If I say so myself."

"Mmmmmh."Adagio walks closer to you, gently grasping your shoulder. "I do hope to find out in the future."

You look and see that it wasn't her hands that were touching your shoulder; it's her tits pressing against them. At this angle they look even bigger than normal, causing your entire body to stiffen at the sight of it. A normal person, guy or girl from Canterlot High would have turned as red as a tomato and into a stuttering mess by now, but you resist the overwhelming urge to keep it cool, to control your bloodflow and keep it going towards your head; not the other one below your belt.

"Then it's time for the second part of our plan."Adagio smirks, immediately backing up from you. "In order for this to work, we're going to know Rainbow's locker number..."

"Oh, that should be easy." You say. "Just one of you girls can go and get it-"

"I'm afraid that's not going to work." Adagio cuts you off.

"Why's that?" You ask, a confused look on your face.

"Sonata's been banned from going into the locker room after starting a massive food fight in there, and so is Aria for bullying." She says. "Me, I've got some personal beef with the coach that I'd rather not talk about."

You look over, and see Aria rolling her eyes.

"I can't believe they consider asking other girls for their homework as 'bullying'." Aria scoffs. "That's complete, utter BS."

"Well you WERE twisting their arms whenever they said no, Aria..." Sonata crosses her arms. "Maybe that's why-"

"Maybe you should be quiet." Aria snaps.

"Should not."

"Should too."

"Punk Wannabe."

"Taco Lover."

"Ta-"

"Please!" Adagio shouts at the two. "You two are going to give me a heart attack!"

"A heart attack?" Sonata tilts her head sideways. "But you're not even that fat, Dagi..."

"That fat?" Adagio's eyes widen with anger. You swear that for a moment, you saw white hot steam coming out of her ears. "Excuse me?!"

"I-I mean uh..." Sonata stutters in fear. "Wha-what did I just say?"

"Say that one more time, and you will regret it." Adagio growls. "Understood?"

Sonata, now completely petrified with fear, nods frantically. Looking back, you can see Aria doing her best to hold back her laughter. Even with her purple skin, you can see her starting to turn blue.

"Ummmm...Adagio?" You say nervously. "What were you saying again about getting into the girl's locker room again?"

"Oh...that." Adagio's anger vanishes instantly. "I'm afraid you and Sonata are going to have to think up something for yourselves; I need to think of our next move, and I'm simply far too busy with other things, and Aria has detention tomorrow." You look at Sonata, who gives you a beaming smile and rushes over to you.

"Ooooh, I thought of something already!" Sonata says excitingly as she jumps up and down. "Meet me tomorrow after school outside the girl's locker room, and be sure to bring some taco salsa!" You look at Adagio and Aria, confused as to why the taco salsa. Aria responds by mouthing 'just go with it.'

"Why the taco salsa?" You ask Sonata. "Sounds pretty useless to me..."

"It is CRUCIAL that you bring the salsa!" Sonata's eyes widen, pointing her finger at your chest. "You CANNOT forget it! My plan will be IMPOSSIBLE if we don't have it."

"Alright, alright, I'll bring it." You say with your hands outstretched. "Anyways...see you all later." The three girls nod, and you begin texting your mom to pick you up from school, wondering just what Sonata has in plan for you.

******

Driving home with Aria sitting up shotgun, and Sonata in the backseat playing on her phone, you pull your car out of Canterlot High's parking lot, and back to your apartment. It's been a long day, but you've gotten a lot done too. But now comes your turn to do some work.

"You don't actually like him, do you Adagio?" Aria asks, breaking the silence. "Anonymous?"

"I just met him." You reply to your sister. "What do you mean?"

"I've seen the way he looks at you in the hallways and during lunch." Aria scoffs. "He's all over you, Adagio."

"Ha! Of course he would be!" You raise your chin up. "What kind of puny human male wouldn't be absolutely mesmerized by me?"

"You know what I think?" Sonata joins in on the conversation from the back. "I think he's a really nice guy! We should have tacos with him some time!"

"Good for you, Sonata." Aria rolls her eyes.

"You're overthinking it, Aria." You say bluntly. "Remember; the sole reason why we're even here is so we can get our hands on that Equestrian magic. We're nowhere near strong enough to try and take it yet, so we need to feed off the humans' negative energies here."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Aria goes back to looking outside the car window. "You told me this a million times; I know that."

"If you know, then you'd know what Anonymous can do for us." You chastise her. "You don't feel it? The negative energy he has for Rainbow Dash? He genuinely wants to see her get screwed over, and not to mention I was in that room too. If I got hit as bad as Anonymous from that flashbang, our plan to win the Battle of the Bands would have been completely ruined."

"Oh, speaking of Anon, I forgot something!" Sonata blurts out. "I need to tell him what brand of taco salsa to bring!" Aria facepalms, then turns back to you.

"Okay, so yeah we can get a little more negative energy from Anon's hate towards Rainbow Dash but that's it?" She shrugs. "Doesn't seem worth the effort to me."

"It's true." You agree. "But also, don't forget about the game Rainbow Dash is in; it's against Crystal Prep. You know how much those two schools hate each other; now imagine all the negative energy when Rainbow Dash, the captain, the star player of Canterlot High soccer team single handedly loses the game against their biggest rivals!"

"Oh." Aria pouts. "But since we're going this far into it; why not start a little more mayhem along with it?"

"What do you mean?" You raise an eyebrow. "Start a riot?" Aria leans back to her seat laughing.

"Damn, you just read my mind." She says.

"And that's why I'm the one who takes charge." You smirk.

You eventually make it to your apartment just on the edge of Canterlot. It's a pretty crappy location to be honest, since your house is really close to the border between the really nice parts of Canterlot to the bad neighborhoods, but you've never had any trouble so far. In fact, it's usually Aria who's giving the other residents trouble. Recently, she's been getting a huge influx of cash that you have no idea where it's been coming from, along with seeing her hanging out with some sketchy looking people.

After finally making it to your apartment, Sonata immediately rushes to the fridge for food, Aria hops on the television, and you head towards your room. You take out all the copper wire you took from your bag along with your Physics textbook, and begin flipping to the chapter you're looking for.

"Alright..." You mutter to yourself. "Let's see what we can do here..."