• Published 15th Jun 2012
  • 2,997 Views, 16 Comments

The Elements of Nature Book 3 - 气 (Air) - Superior-Doc-Fossil



One Avatar to go. Four Elements left.

  • ...
6
 16
 2,997

Chapter 7, The Boiling Rock

The Elements of Nature
Book 3: 气 (Air)
Chapter 7, The Boiling Rock

Zuko is making tea for Team Avatar, who are waiting in Celestia’s dinning hall. He then heats it up and pours it into some cups. He then takes it to the group. “No one can make tea like Uncle, but hopefully I learned a thing or two.” Zuko said as he gives some to Luna and Celestia. “Would you like to hear Uncle's favorite tea joke?”

“Sure.” Celestia said.

“I like jokes.” Pinkie said.

“Bring it!” Terra said after she gets her tea.

“Okay.” Zuko said as he serves tea to Shining and Cadence. “Well, I can't remember how it starts, but the punchline is ‘Leaf me alone, I'm bushed!’” He then gets no response. “Well, it's funnier when Uncle tells it.”

“Right ... maybe that's because he remembers everything.” Twilight said, getting the others to laugh. Zuko then smiles.

“It's nice to get a chance to relax a little. It hardly ever happens.” Terra said.

Zuko then gives some tea to Agua, who is reading a letter. “Hey, can I talk to you for a second?” Agua said as she gets up and heads outside to a balcony. Zuko then follows after he gives everyone else their tea.

“So, what's up?” Zuko asked. “You not gonna ask me out, are you?”

“No.” Agua said. “If somepony was captured by the Fire Nation, where would they be taken?”

“What do you mean? Who was captured?” Zuko asked.

“I got a letter from Pegasus City, some of our troops were taken. I just want to know where they might be.”

“I can't tell you.” Zuko sadly said.

“What? Why not?”

“Trust me. Knowing will just make you feel worse.” Zuko then heads back, but Agua stops him by placing her hoof on his shoulder.

“It's my dad, chief Arnook. He was captured too. I need to know what happened to him.”

“It's not good, Agua.” Zuko said.

“Please.” Agua said.

“My guess is, they were taken to the Boiling Rock.”

“What's that?” Agua asked.

“The highest security prison in the Fire Nation. Our version of Alcatraz.” Agua then looks at him horrified. “It's on an island in the middle of a boiling lake. It's inescapable.”

“So where is this place?”

“Why do you need to know? What are you planning?”

“Nothing. Boy, you're so paranoid.”

“It's in the middle of a volcano between the outskirts of the Fire Nation. You guys actually flew right past it on your way here.”

“Thanks Zuko.” Agua then yawns. “Just knowing makes me feel better.”

“Yeah, I'm sure it does.” Zuko sarcastically said.

==================================================================

Later that night, Agua is sneaking toward the Canterlot airport. Some guards barely see her as she hides among some statues. She finally makes it to a small biplane. She opens the door and sees Zuko sitting on a chair with his front legs crossed. “Not up to anything, huh?” Zuko said.

“Fine, you caught me. I'm going to rescue my dad.” Agua said. “You happy now?”

“I'm never happy.”

“Look, I have to do this. I left home undefended. It was my mistake, and it's my job to fix it. I have to regain my honor as Princes of Pegasus City. You can't stop me, Zuko.”

“You need to regain your honor? Believe me, I get it. I'm going with you.” Zuko said.

“No. I have to do this alone.” Agua said as she gets on the plane.

“How are you going to get there? On a biplane? Last time I checked, prisons don't have biplane auto shops.” Agua then stops, sighs, and looks back at Zuko. “We'll take my war balloon.” The two then head for the courtyard where Zuko left his balloon.

==================================================================

The next morning, Fire’ finds a note left by Zuko where the balloon was. The others are also with him. “What does it say?” Terra asked.

“Lets see. ‘Agua up to something. Went with her. Be back in a few days. Zuko.’” Fire’ said. “What do you think Agua’s up too?”

“I overheard them last night about a Fire Nation prison.” Pinkie said.

“Perhaps they went to get some help?” Twilight said.

==================================================================

Over the pacific ocean, Zuko and Agua are flying to the Fire Nation on the war balloon. “Pretty clouds.” Agua said when she sees a cloud shaped like a flower.

“Yeah ... fluffy.” Zuko said. Agua then whistles. “What?”

“What? Oh, I didn't say anything. You know, a friend of mine actually went to fight the war in some clouds.” Agua said.

“Really.”

“Yep. I wish I know where he is now though. He’s the leader of a special Pegasus City squad called the Ice Knights.”

“I heard my dad ran into them.”

“Really.”

“Yeah. I don’t know what he did though. If there's one thing my dad's good at, it's war.” Zuko said as he blasts some fire into the balloons tank.

“Yeah, it seems to run in the family.”

“Hey, hold on. Not everyone in my family is like that.”

“I know, I know, you've changed.”

“I meant my uncle.” Zuko said downcast. “He was more of a father to me. And I really let him down.”

“I think your uncle would be proud of you. Leaving your home to come help us? That's hard.” Agua said.

“It wasn't that hard.” Zuko said.

“Really? You didn't leave behind anyone you cared about?” Agua said.

“Well, I did have a girlfriend.” Zuko said as he looks at the ocean. “Mai.”

Agua then smiles and looks up at Zuko. “That gloomy mare who sighs a lot?”

“Yeah. Everyone in the Fire Nation thinks I'm a traitor. I couldn't drag her into it.”

“Yeah. But I know something harder to accept.”

“And that is.”

“My older brother died saving the moon.”

Shocked for a moment, Zuko looks up at the sky briefly, before glancing back at Agua. “That's rough.”

“You know what this is.” Agua said. “This is an awkward moment.”

“Yeah. So ... what do you know about the elements?” Zuko asked as he blasts more fire into the tank.

“Not much. I know that Water is the Element of Chang.”

“My uncle told me what the other elements are also.”

“Really. What are they?” Agua asked.

“Well, he told me that Water the Element of Chang, Earth the Element of Substance, Fire the Element of Power, Lightning the Element of Ferocity, and Air the Element of Freedom.”

“Wow. Did he say anything about the sixth?”

“No. He said he only knows a single clue, what the sixth element is. He said that the sixth element is the Element of Life.”

“Not another clue.” Agua said, annoyed that they aren’t getting any closer to finding the sixth Element of Nature.

==================================================================

That night, Agua is asleep, snoring loudly. Zuko continues to keep the tank full. He then stops to look out in the distance. “There it is!” Agua then wakes up and sees a volcanic island with steam coming out of the caldera. They then see the prison, a hexagonal shape building that has a net above it to keep pegasi prisoners from escaping. “There's plenty of steam to keep us covered. As long as we're quiet, we should be able to navigate through it without being caught.” As they enter the volcano's steam, the balloon begins losing altitude quickly. “We're going down! The balloon's not working anymore!” Zuko said as he frantically fires into the tank.

“The air outside is just as hot as the air inside so we can't fly!” Agua said as they get closer to the Boiling Rock.

Agua and Zuko then fall to their sides as the balloon tilts. “So what are we supposed to do?” Zuko asked.

“I don't know! Crash-land it?” The then balloon skids along the boiling water, splashing Agua's hoof, which she shakes while blocking her mouth to prevent herself from screaming. The balloon hen hits the base of the rock, ejecting the two from it.

“How are we going to get off the island if the balloon won't work?” Zuko said when he sees the destroyed balloon.

“We'll figure something out!” Agua said. “I suspected it might be a one-way ticket.”

“You knew this would happen and you wanted to come anyway?” Zuko said as Agua walks to the destroyed balloon and gets her trident.

“My dad, the chief of Pegasus City, might be here! I had to come and see!”

“Uncle always said I never thought things through. But this ... this is just crazy!”

“Hey, I never wanted you to come along in the first place!” Agua then pushes the balloon into the boiling water with her trident.

“What are you doing?”

“It doesn't work anyway, and we don't want anyone find it.” Agua said as the balloon slowly sinks.

“I hope you know what you're doing.” Zuko said as they both turn to look at the prison. “There's no turning back now.”

==================================================================

The next morning, Agua and Zuko are in the room where the guard uniforms are kept. “Are you sure they will think I’m from one of the colonies, Zuko?”

“I’m sure. I’ve seen many pegasi living in the colonies before.” The two then put on the helmets and head out. Agua is also wearing boats to hide her water pattern hoofs. “I just hope these disguises work long enough.”

“We just need to lay low and find my dad as soon as possible.” Just then, a series of guards run by. One of them runs back and looks at them.

Guards! There's a scuffle in the yard. Come on.” The two then go to the yard and see the prisoners gather in a circle. They see a guard and a unicorn prisoner with a similar build to Shining’s are in the center. The prisoner has a black mane, a yellow coat and blue eyes.

“I didn't do anything! I'm going back to my cell.” The prisoner then leaves, but the guard uses a whip to get his attention.

“Stop right there, Chit Sang.” He said. “I've had it with your unruly behavior!”

“What did I do?” The unicorn known as Chit Sang asked.

“He wants to know what he did. Isn't that cute?” The guard said to Zuko and Agua. He then gives them a look and opens the visor of his helmet when they say nothing.

“Uh, very cute, sir.” Zuko said.

“Just plain adorable.” Agua said as the guard walks up to Chit Sang.

“You didn't bow down when I walked by, Chit Sang!”

“What? That's not a prison rule.”

“Do it!” The guard yelled.

“Make me.” Chit Sang said. The bully guard then walks away, but then, as he is leaving, he whips at Chit Sang. Chit Sang blocks it, using an orange shield.

“Tsk tsk. Magic is prohibited. You're going in the cooler.” The bully then points at Agua. “You! Help me take him in.”

“Meet me back here in an hour.” Agua whispered to Zuko before she runs up to Chit Sang and the guard.

==================================================================

Inside, the bully guard leads Agua and Chit Sang to the cooler. He then opens one and Agua pushes Chit Sang in. “The warden will deal with you soon.” The bully guard said as Agua closes the door. “Can you believe this guy?” He said to Agua, oblivious that she’s an Avatar, even thou you can see her natural colors.

“Prisoners! Am I right?” Agua said, trying to play along.

“Ugh. Tell me about it.”

==================================================================

In the lounge, Zuko is getting something to eat along with other guards. Some are talking to each other and have their helmets off. “Hey, new guy!” A stallion guard called out to Zuko. “I know it's the rule to have your helmet on at all times, but this is the lounge. Relax.”

“But what if there's an incident? If I'm not ready, somepony could strike me on the head.” Zuko said, getting the guards at the table to laugh a little.

“Give him a week, he'll loosen up.” A mare guard said.

“Can the new guy ask you veterans a few questions about the prison?” Zuko said.

“No, you can't date the female guards.” The mare said.

“Trust me, you don't want to.” The guard who called Zuko over said. The mare then throws a cup at him, causing the guard next to him to laugh.

“No, that's not it.” Zuko said. “The Boiling Rock, it holds the Fire Nation's most dangerous criminals, right?” The other guards then nod in agreement. “So what about war prisoners?”

==================================================================

Meanwhile, Agua and the bully guard continue to stand guard by the cooler and Chit Sang, who is shivering and starting to turn blue. “It sure looks cold in there.” Agua said as she sees Chit shiver.

“That's why we call it the cooler. He won't be using magic there. A few minutes in there, and he won’t be able to uses magic for a week.” The bully guard said. He then sees a pony in light red armor coming. He also has a light tan coat and a black mane. “It's the warden!” He said as he stands in attention. “Look alive!”

Agua then does the same as the warden opens to cooler. “So Chit Sang, I hear you used magic to try to escape.” The warden said. “You should know better.”

“I wasn't trying to escape.” Chit Sang protested.

“He's lying! I saw it with my own eyes.” The bully guard said, only to get pushed back by one of the wardens bodyguards.

“No one has ever, ever escaped from here. I'd sooner jump in the Boiling Lake myself than let that record fall. Don't forget it. Now go back to your shivering.” The warden said as he closes the cooler again.

==================================================================

Back at Canterlot, Terra is practicing metalbending in a steel box. Terra punches at the walls and, using her seismic sense, feels tiny particles in the metal. She then exhales deeply and begins to push against the metal. “Come on metal. Budge!” She said while struggling. She then punches a hole in the metal and shakes her hoof in pain. “Woo! Terra, you rule.”

==================================================================

Back at the Boiling Rock, Agua is on a balcony looking for her father when Zuko comes along. “Hey there, fellow guard, how goes it?”

Agua then lifts her helmets visor. “Zuko?”

“Shhh! Listen, I asked around the lounge. There are no Pegasus City prisoners.” Zuko said as he lifts up his visor. “I'm afraid your father's not here.”

“What? Are you sure, did you double-check?”

“Yeah, I'm sure.”

“No. NO!” Agua then bangs her hoof against the wall in frustration.

“I'm really sorry, Agua.”

“So we came all this way for nothing? I failed.” Agua said as she begins to cry.

“What would Uncle say?” Zuko then looks up at the sky and sees some clods through the netting. “Sometimes, clouds have two sides, a dark and light, and a silver lining in between. It's like a silver sandwich! So, when life seems hard, take a bite out of the silver sandwich!” While Zuko said that, Agua notices a familiar Pegasus stallion in the yard that cheers her up.

“Maybe we haven't failed after all!” Agua said with a smile on her face.

“That's the spirit! I can't believe that worked. I didn't even know what I was saying.”

“No, what you said made no sense at all. But look.” Agua then points to the Pegasus stallion she saw. He’s around the same age as Shining. He also has a light blue coat and a silver mane that's like Soarin’s. He also has a blue spear for a cutie mark. “It's Hielo!”

Hielo is sitting in the yard when a bell rings. “Prisoners, back in your cells!” A guard said. The prisoners, including Hielo, then head back to their cells.

Agua is beginning to drool when Zuko slaps her head. “Ow! What was that for?”

“You were ignoring my questions while drooling over that guy. Who is he anyway?”

“Oh. He’s Hielo, the leader of the Ice Knights I told you about. And he’s my ... I mean my friend, I mean...”

“He’s your boyfriend, isn't he?”

“Yeah. He left to fight in the war a few weeks before the Fire Nation attacked Pegasus City.” Agua said. “I have to go see him!” Agua said, before taking off at a speed that can rival Rainbows.

“Ugh, mares. The more I try to understand them, the stranger they get.” Zuko said as he closes his visor and follows her.

==================================================================

In Hielo’s cell, he’s lying on the bed when Agua walks in. “What is it? Did I do something wrong?” Hielo asked.

“Yeah, I got a problem with you! I've seen your type before. Probably sarcastic, think you're hilarious.” Agua said.

“Do I know you?” Hielo asked.

“You mean you don't recognize me?”

“You ponies all look the same to me.” Hielo said.

“Oh?” Agua said as she walks up to him. “Then maybe you'll recognize this.”

“What do you...” But before Hielo could finish, Agua grabs him by his coat and kisses him on the lips. Hielo then blushes brightly when he recognizes that only one pony he knows can kiss like this. Agua then let's go and stops kissing him. “Agua!” He said as Agua opens her visor. The two then hug.

“Hielo, it’s good to see you!” Agua said she cries with tears of joy with Hielo. “The other Ice Knights - are they here?”

“No. I don't know where they are. They locked me in here because I'm the leader.” Hielo said.

“Well, you won't be here for long. I'm busting you out.” Agua said with a smile on her face.

“Huh, funny. I always thought you would be the damsel in distress and I had to save you, not the other way around.” Hielo said, getting a laugh from Agua.

“How did you get captured?” Agua asked.

“We were on an island near Fire Nation waters when three mares showed up. One of then gave me some quick jabs and cartwheeled away. What ever she did, I wasn't able to move.”

Agua's eyes then widen in realization. “Ty Lee.”

Hielo then tries to change the subject. “Hows Sokka doing?” Hielo asked.

“He’s dead.” Agua told him, shocking him to the point that he’s speechless. “He sacrificed himself to save to moon.” Agua then begins to cry.

“Hey, hey. It’s okay, Agua.” Hielo said, trying to comfort her. Agua then smiles. The now-reunited couple then kiss again. The kiss is a very romantic and deep kiss that's nearly inseparable. Outside the cell, Zuko notices a female guard is coming. He then taps on the cell door to get Agua and Hielo's attention.

“Excuse me. I need to get into that cell.” The guard said.

“No, you can't go in there!” Zuko said as he looks at the prison cell. “The lights are out. The prisoner could sneak up on you.”

“Step aside, fool.” Zuko then grabs her and slams her against the door. “Hey, hey, what are you doing?!” A struggle then begins between the two. Agua puts her guard helmet back on and leaves the cell. “Guard, help! I think he's an impostor! Arrest him!” The female guard said as she continues to fight with Zuko. “Get him off me and arrest him!”

Agua then grabs Zuko and throws him on the floor. “You're under arrest!” She said as she puts some cuffs on him. When Agua is sure that the other guard isn't listening, she whispers, “Don't worry, I'll figure something out.” Agua then leads Zuko away, followed by the female guard.

==================================================================

Later, Zuko, now in a red prison garb, is in an isolated room. The door then opens and the warden walks in. “Well, well, well. I never thought I'd find you in here, Prince Zuko.”

“How did you know who I am?” Zuko asked, shocked.

“How could I not? You broke my niece's heart.” The warden said, shocking Zuko even more.

“You're Mai's uncle? I never meant to hurt her.” Zuko said.

“Quiet! You're my special prisoner now. And you'd best behave. If these criminals found out who you are, the traitor prince who let his nation down, why they'd tear you to shreds.”

“So what's in it for you? Why don't you just tell my father to come collect a reward?”

“Oh, in due time, believe me, I intend to collect.” The warden then leaves.

==================================================================

Outside the cells, Agua comes down and sees Zuko and Hielo mopping floors. “Oh, good, you guys have met.” She said as she walks down to them.

“Actually, we met a long time ago.” Hielo said.

“We did?” Zuko asked.

“Yeah, you kind of burned down a village me and my team were stationed at 4 years ago.”

Zuko then stops mopping for a second. “Oh, sorry about that. Nice to see you again.” Zuko and Hielo then stop mopping and hide from the other guards beside a staircase with Agua.

“So, listen, I think I have an escape plan.” Agua quietly said. “I checked out the coolers again, and the point of them is to keep unicorns from using their magic, right?”

“Yeah...” Zuko said.

“So, they're completely insulated and sealed to keep the cold in. Well, to keep the cold in, it also has to keep the heat out, right?” Agua said.

“There you go again, over explaining things again.” Hielo said. “Just get to the point, Agua.”

“It's a perfect boat for getting through the boiling water.” Agua said. Zuko and Hielo then look at each other in worry.

“The cooler as a boat? Are you sure?” Zuko asked.

“I'm telling you, it'll work. I walked around the perimeter. There's a blind spot between two guard towers. It's the perfect launching point. I made an origami boat and put it in the water and it float away. We'll roll the cooler into the water and just float with the current. It'll take us straight across. As long as we don't make a sound, no one will notice. And, we're home free.”

“But how are you going to get the cooler out?” Hielo asked.

“Yeah,” Chit Sang said on the staircase, startling the trio, “how are you going to get the cooler out?” He then jumps down to them

“What? We didn't ... W-we didn't say that.” Hielo said.

“Yeah, you heard wrong.” Zuko said.

“I heard you're hatching an escape plan, and I want in.” Sang said.

“There's nothing to get in on.” Agua said.

“Yeah, the only thing we're hatching is ... an egg?” Hielo said, making Zuko and Agua sigh in disgust.

“Okay, well, I come with you or the warden hears about this egg, too.” Sang threatened.

“I guess we have no choice.” Hielo said.

“Okay, you're in.” Agua said as she gives Zuko a wrench. “Now first we need someone to unbolt the cooler, from the inside.”

“Oh, I can get you inside.” Sang said. Later, Chit Sang is standing in the hall while Zuko continues mopping. Zuko then ‘accidentally’ bumps into Chit Sang. “Hey! What are you, stupid? Watch where you're going!” He then shoves Zuko aside.

“Hey, you watch who you're shoving!” Zuko yelled.

“I think you mean whom I'm shoving!” Chit Sang said as the two begin to fight, making the crowd of prisoners they attracted cheer when Chit Sang throws Zuko to the floor.

I need backup over here!” Agua yelled, getting the attention of some guards. Zuko then blasts some fire at Chit Sang.

No magic of any kind!” A guard yelled. “Into the cooler!” Zuko is then taken down and escorted away by two guards.

==================================================================

The Royal Canterlot Gardens were bustling with life during the morning. Birds flew about from flower to flower or through the wondrous forest that could shade anypony from the unforgiving sun. Two Alicorns in particular happened to be taking a peaceful stroll to the expansive forest side of the gardens.

"I'm very proud of the Avatars's progress with not only their main elements, but also flight, or the sub-bending techniques." Lunar Eclipse spoke happily, his every graceful step falling in line with the Princess of the Night.

She looked at him thoughtfully, "I certainly agree with you, Lunar Eclipse, but I still worry for them, given how the Fire Nation has operatives all across the globe now." Princess Luna commented, her eyes narrowed so slightly, that only those who knew her as well as Lunar and their friends did could pick up on her public displays of emotion, "Especially Azula. That Fire Nation mare does nothing but tamper with the minds of her enemies!"

Lunar Eclipse quickly thought of a topic change, his dark eyes sparking at the thought of Firebrand, "Speaking about fire, Firebrand has really improved on his magic, despite the lack of training he has." He let the statement linger, speaking volumes about his concerns, "I still can't believe that there is still a descendent of Star Swirl the Bearded." He sighed, "It’s almost like there the same pony. Fire’ even mastered the telepathy spell without trying. And only Alicorns or Unicorns who special talent is magic can do that. He’s neither."

Luna's teal eyes immediately softened at the mention of Firebrand, "I still can’t believe it’s been 3 years since all this started." She paused momentarily to breathe deeply before slowly exhaling. "And now, the Fire Lord’s son is on our side."

"Luna ... There's no need to feel afraid to try to get back into the swing of things, even with the war going on ... After I had been gone for so long, I the Prince of Death, felt afraid to return to Equestria after being imprisoned for so long. The fear that I'd be marked and tagged as an enemy or treated as nothing more than second-rate made me feel nothing but uncertainty. Then one particular somepony came to mind that snapped me out of the haze my mind had been caught in..." Lunar Eclipse stopped talking as he leaned his front hooves over a bridge the two had started to cross over.

Princess Luna looked at him and asked, "Who was that special somepony, Lunar?" The anxiety made her all the more curious who the pony was.

He looked over the bridge at the beautiful lake thoughtfully before his honey-brown eyes locked onto her and quietly whispered a single word, "You..."

Her cheeks lit up with an explosive blush that covered every square inch of her face. Before she could answer however, they heard a small explosion coming from the court-yard. "What was that, Lunar?"

"I'm not sure." Lunar said. “I’ll go check it out. Blitz probably tried to make a new invention again.” Luna walked up to him and wrapped her front hooves around him, embracing him in a tight hug before lowering to the ground, "Don't worry about it Lunar. I’ll head back to the palace." Lunar then flew over to where the explosion came from.

Luna then walked over to the same spot he had looked over the bridge and looked at her reflection, her mind thinking over what they had just talked about. Luna found it nice that special somepony had been able to convince him to come back to Equestria without even speaking to him; that was some special somepony to grab his attention like that. Suddenly, the gears in her head spun and she blushed intensely, remembering that she was the special somepony who had given him the strength to want to return home. Return home to his people, to Canterlot, to ... her.

==================================================================

Back at the Boiling Rock, Agua opens Zuko’s cooler, the same one the that the bully guard locked Chit Sang in. Zuko is all curled up like a ball, presumably to keep warm. “I can take you back to your cell if you've learned your lesson.” Agua said.

Zuko then raises his head slightly and releases a small breath of fire to warm himself up. “Yes, I have ... completely.” Zuko then shows her that he removed all the bolts and screws.

Agua then lifts her visor and whispers, “I got Hielo and Chit Sang out of their cells a few minutes ago. They'll be waiting for us at the shore.” They then hear some footsteps coming.

“Someone's coming!” Zuko then takes Agua in and closes the door, leaving it open only slightly.

“Yeah, new arrivals coming in at dawn.” A male guard said as they walk by.

“Anypony interesting?” The female guard asked.

“Nah, just the usual. Some robbers, a couple of traitors, a few Diamond Dogs, some war prisoners,” Agua then looks at Zuko with shock and worry, “though I did hear there might be a pirate.”

“No fooling!”

“War prisoners. It could be your father.” Zuko said when the guards are out of earshot.

“I know.”

“Well, what should we do? Are we going ahead with the plan or are we waiting another night?” Zuko asked.

“I don't know! Is it right for me to risk Hielo’s freedom, all of our freedom on the slim chance that my dad is going to show up?”

“It's your call, Agua.” Zuko said.

==================================================================

That night, outside the prison, Agua and Zuko get the cooler. They then meet up with Hielo and Chit Sang. “Took you guys long enough.” All four then roll it down the hill.

“Who are they?” Zuko asked when he sees an earth pony mare and a unicorn stallion by the shore.

“This here's my girl and my best buddy, they're coming too.” Chit Sang said.

“Fine.” Agua said, clearly annoyed. “Everypony in the cooler. Let's go.” Agua said as she takes her trident out of it’s hiding place between two rocks.

“Are you sure you want to go?” Zuko asked. “You're the one who said you needed to redeem yourself. Redeem your honor. Rescuing your dad is your chance.”

“Chief Arnook?” Hielo said when he realizes that Zuko is talking about the chief of Pegasus City.

“If I had just cut my losses and came home once before my dad left, maybe we wouldn't be in this mess. Maybe sometimes it's just better to call it quits before you fail.”

“No, it's not.” Zuko said. “Look Agua, you're going to fail a lot before things work out.”

“Is that supposed to make her feel better?” Hielo said to the Fire Prince.

“Even though you'll probably fail over and over and over...” Zuko continued.

“Seriously, not helping.” Agua said.

“You have to try every time. You can't quit because you're afraid you might fail.” Zuko finished.

“Hey, if you two are done cuddling, can we get a move on?” Chit Sang said as he stand outside the cooler.

“No.” Agua said. “I'm staying. You guys go. You've been here long enough.”

“I'm not leaving without you, Agua.”

“I'm staying, too.” Hielo and Zuko said respectfully.

“Not me, I'm out.” Chit Sang said as he pusses the cooler into the boiling water. “Let's roll, baby.” He then jumps in as the current takes the cooler to the edge.

“We gave up our only chance of escaping. I hope we haven't just made a huge mistake.” Agua said as she, Zuko, and Hielo go up to the prison.

==================================================================

The next morning, the cooler holding Chit Sang, his buddy, and his girlfriend is still within the perimeter of the prison. The current escapees are sweating as the cooler slowly floats with the current. “Ah, this current is so slow. I can use this to paddle.” He then rips off a piece of the cooler. When he puts the piece of metal in the water, the improvised paddle heats up and burns his hand, causing him to scream loudly. A guard takes notice as two others hit an alarm bell.

Guards! Secure the perimeter and lock down the prisoners! Now!” The warden yelled.

“The plan failed! They're caught!” Agua said as they make their way to where the gondolas are.

Get the fugitives and throw them in the cooler!” The warden ordered.

“Uh ... they are in a cooler, sir.” A guard said.

One that's bolted down and not floating in the water! This is a lockdown! We have new prisoners arriving! Everything must be completely secure!” The guard then fires a large ballista bolt, catching hold of the cooler, and drags it back toward the prison.

“The gondola's moving. This is it.” Agua said as the gondola arrives. “If my dad's not there, we've risked everything for nothing.”

“We had to.” Hielo said as he places his hoof on her shoulder. They then see a Pegasus with a tattoo and a nose ring come out.

“Is that him?” Zuko asked.

“My dad doesn't have a nose ring.” They then see several other ponies and a couple of Diamond Dogs step off, but only a few are pegasi. “Where is he?” Agua said as the last of the new arrivals step out. “That's it? That can't be it.” Agua said as she begins to cry into Hielo’s chest.

“I’m sorry, Agua.” He said.

Agua continues to cry when, “Hey, you!” A guard yelled, catching the attention of the trio. “Get off the gondola!” The then see a Pegasus stallion with a blue coat, an ice blue mane and tail, and brown eyes. His cutie mark is a trident.

Agua instantly recognizes him. “Daddy...” She managed to say.

Line them up for the warden!” A guard said. The new prisoners, 8 in total, are filing in line, one next to the other, including Arnook. Arnook is standing at the very end of the line on the right side. Agua then walks forward and lifts her guard mask.

“Dad...“ She then exits a stairway and passes through a lineup of guards, surprising them a bit. “Excuse me, coming through, the warden wants me over there. Sorry!” She then stops behind two taller guards and sees the warden walking past the line of prisoners starting from the left.

“Welcome to the Boiling Rock. I'm sure you've all heard the horrible rumors about our little island. Well, I just want to tell you that they don't have to be true, as long as you do everything I say.” He then stops in front of Arnook who looks down. “Look me in the eye when I'm talking to you.”

Arnook than averts his gaze slightly off to the side and firmly says. “No.”

No? You'd rather look at my hoofs?” The warden angrily said. “Then take a look!” He then raises his front left leg and drags Arnook by his hoof-cuffs down onto the floor. Arnook’s face is now expressing anger. Agua then gasps in horror. The warden is now standing over him, keeping his hoof firmly pressed on the warrior's hoof-cuffs.

“I know exactly who you are, Arnook of Pegasus City. So strong-willed. But don't worry, we'll get rid of that in time. Now look me in the eye!” Arnook then reluctantly lifts his head to look the warden in the eye and glares hatefully at him. “See, isn't that better? You will all do as I say or pay the price. You will all-” But before the warden could finish, he was walking when Arnook lift his left hoof-cuff slightly, tripping the warden and causing him to fall flat on the ground. Agua stifles a laugh, as the two guards she was standing behind rush to aid the warden.

“Are you okay, sir?”

I'm fine!” The warden snapped. “Get these prisoners out of my sight!” He then storms away impatiently. The prisoners then file one behind the other and are led down a stairwell into the prison hold. Agua then runs inside.

==================================================================

Later, inside Arnook's cell, he is siting on his mattress, his face buried in his front legs. He then sees a sliver of light as the doorway to the cell is opened. Arnook raises his head to see who has entered. Agua then walks in, still dressed as a guard. “Thank goodness you're okay.” She said.

Arnook then rises quickly and gets into a fighting stance. “If you take one step closer, you'll see just how ‘okay’ I am.”

“Dad, it's me.” Agua said as she takes off her helmet.

Arnook then softens up and grows teary-eyed. “Agua.” The two then hug. “My daughter. You know Agua, you should be more careful with that guard outfit on. I almost punched you in the gut.”

“Yeah, I almost ran into that already.”

==================================================================

Meanwhile, in a dimly lit corridor, Chit Sang is sitting inside an interrogation room, cuffed to a wooden chair. The warden then walks into the room. “Are you comfortable, Chit Sang?” The warden calmly said.

“If you're trying to get me to talk, forget it! I'm not a squealer!” Chit Sang snapped.

“Chit Sang, I only asked if you were comfortable.”

“Well, yeah, actually I am comfortable.” Chit Sang brightly said.

The warden, in a fit of anger, kicks the chair to the ground. Chit Sang’s face is now pressed against the ground. The warden then walks up to Chit Sang. “Are you still comfortable?”

“No.”

“I know you and your cronies are not smart enough to come up with that little escape plan. So you're going to tell me ... who is?” The warden said as he leaves as two guards hoist the chair upwards and set it on the ground. One of the guards then closes the door.

==================================================================

Back at Arnook’s cell, Agua is looking through the open slit in the cell door, averting his eyes in different directions to make sure that no one is in hearing distance. “So where's Balto? Where's everyone else from when you were captured?”

“The others are being held at a prison near the Fire Nation palace.” Arnook said. “They singled me out as their leader and sent me here.” Agua then comes by her father and sits down next to him. “But before I left, I met up with the Ice Knights.”

“Their leader Hielo is here and he's going to escape with us.” Agua said.

“I bet your glad to see him again.” Arnook said, knowing his daughter and the leader of the Ice Knight were dating when he left to fight the war.

“Yeah.”

“Good. We'll need all the help we can get.” Arnook said as he places his hoof on Agua’s shoulders.

“And you know Prince Zuko?” Agua asked.

“The son of the Fire Lord? I don't know him, but I know of him.” Arnook replied.

“Well, he's here too.”

“Sounds like a major problem.” Arnook said.

“Actually, he's on our side now.” Arnook then gives his daughter a suspicious look. “I know. I had the same reaction. After all he's done, it was hard to trust him. But he's really proven himself, and I never would've found you without his help.” Arnook then nod in understanding.

“So, do you have a plan?” He asked.

“We had one, but some of the other prisoners got involved and ruined it.” Agua said, downcast. “I don't know if there's another way off this island.”

“Agua, there's no prison in the world that can hold two Pegasus City geniuses.”

“Then we'd better find two.” Agua said, causing the two to laugh.

==================================================================

Later, Agua approaches a cell door and averts her gaze alertly. She then lifts her helmet mask and peers into the slit of a cell doorway. “Zuko, are you there?” She said in a hushed voice.

“I'm here.” Zuko said when he gets up to the door.

“I just got done talking to my dad. We came up with a new escape plan together.”

“What are you doing here?” A guard asked Agua, startling her. Agua then turns around, pulling down her helmet mask. She sees two guards standing on the stairwell.

“I was just telling this dirty lowlife what I think of him!” Agua lied.

“Well, you'll have to do that later. He's coming with us.” The male guard said.

“Why?” Agua asked, puzzled.

“Because we have orders straight from the warden, that's why!” The female guard said.

“Could I just get ten more seconds to rough him up a bit?” Agua asked.

“Fine, ten-seconds.” The female guard said. Agua then enters Zuko’s cell.

“Take that ... and this!” Agua said as punching noises are heard from the cell.

“Newbie.” The male guard said, amused.

In the cell, Zuko is holding a bundled-up mattress, while Agua lands several blows it. The two are also faking the entire scenario. Zuko shouts a few times in mock pain. “We have a new plan, but it's going to need a big distraction.” Agua said in a hushed voice. “Be in the yard in one hour.”

They then see a sliver of light as the cell door is opened. Agua then suddenly grabs Zuko and begins to wrestle him to look convincing as the two guards enter. “All right, that's enough.” The male guard said as he separates the two.

Zuko is then escorted out of the cell by the guards while Agua remains behind. In another hallway, the Zuko is being dragged to an interrogation room. “What are you doing? Where are you taking me?” Zuko said as he is thrown into a chair in an interrogation room. “I didn't do anything wrong!”

“Come on, Zuko.” An annoyed earth pony mare with a light tan coat and a black mane, and a shuriken for a cutie mark. “We all know that's a lie.”

“Mai!” A shocked Zuko said.

==================================================================

Meanwhile, the warden enters the room in which Chit Sang is in. “How is he?” He asked the two guards who are still holding Sang upside down. Sang’s face is now red and strained.

“I think he's ready to talk.” One of the guards said. They then toss the chair forward toward the warden back to a normal position. Chit Sang then inhales deeply a few times, his face slowly returning to its normal color, sweat dripping down his face.

“Have you had enough time to think about what I've asked?” The warden said.

“Yes.” Chit Sang answered.

“And?” The warden eagerly said.

“You're right. There was another pony involved in the escape plan.”

“Who?”

“It's a gay who's disguised like a prison guard. Only the gay’s not a prison guard. That Pegasus, or Earth Pony traitor, is the mastermind. That fake guard came up with the plan.” The warden then smiles slyly, pats Chit Sang on the head and exits. Chit Sang manages to maintain a cold-hard expression.

==================================================================

Back at the prison cell where Zuko is at, he is siting in the chair slumped over as Mai stands over him. “How did you know I was here?”

“Because I know you so well, Zuko.”

“But, how-”

“The warden's my uncle, you idiot.” Mai said, causing Zuko to sigh. Mai then shows him the letter. “The truth is, I guess I don't know you. All I get is a letter? You could have at least looked me in the eye when you ripped out my heart.”

“I didn't mean to-”

“You didn't mean to?” Mai then begins to read the letter. "’Dear Mai, I'm sorry you had to find out this way, but I'm leaving.’”

“Stop! This isn't about you. This is about the Fire Nation!” Zuko said.

“Thanks Zuko, that makes me feel all better.” Mai sarcastically said as she throws the letter at Zuko.

Zuko then stands up. “Mai, I never wanted to hurt you. But I have to do this to save my country.”

“Save it? You're betraying your country!”

“That's not how I see it.” Mai then looks away from him and folds her legs like Applejack does.

==================================================================

Meanwhile, in Hielo's cell, he is practicing his fighting moves when Agua walks in. “Agua, what's going on?”

“I don't have much time. If the guards see me with you, they might think something's up.” Agua then walks over to the door and peers outside. “I just talked to my dad.”

“That's great.”

“Yeah, and we're escaping today, on the gondola.”

“What?”

“My dad and I came up with the plan together. We're going to commandeer the gondola and we're going to take a hostage with us so they won't cut the lines.” Agua said.

“We'll never make it onto the gondola. There's too many guards.”

“The chief already thought of that. He said we'll need a distraction. That's why we're going to start a prison riot.”

“Okay, let's say by some miracle this all works and you make it on the gondola. The warden will still just cut the lines, even if we have a captive.” Hielo said out of concern.

“Not if the warden is the captive.” The two then hear a nearby noise. “I have to go.” Before she leaves, Agua kisses Hielo on the lips. “I'll find you when we start the riot.” She then looks around to make sure no one is around and leaves the cell.

“Hey, you, the warden wants to see you!” A guard called out.

“Why?” Agua said.

“Look kid, I know your from one of the colonies and you new, but I don't know, I didn't ask.”

“Maybe I could schedule another time with him? How's tomorrow?” Agua said as she leaves, only to be stopped by two guards who carry her to the yard.

“He wants to see you ... now.” The first guard said.

==================================================================

In the yard, a lineup of guards (both male and female), the warden, and Chit Sang are present. “Put her in the lineup.” The warden said as the two guard put Agua with the other guards and removes her helmet. “One of you is an impostor from the colonies who thought he or she could fool me.” Chit Sang then steps forward. “But now, that pony is going to be in a lot of trouble. Who is it?”

Chit Sang then points to one of the guards, the one who bullied him yesterday. “That's him, warden. He's the impostor!”

“What?” The bully guard said as the warden smiles evilly and walks away. The bully then grabs Chit Sang by his garb. “I am not!” Chit Sang just raises his front hoofs nonchalantly in defense. “He's lying!” Other guards then grab him and drag him off. “He's a liar!” Chit Sang then turns and smiles slyly at Agua, who looks on and breathes a sigh of relief.

==================================================================

Later, the bully guard in an interrogation room surrounded by two guards. The warden stands in front him. “I'm telling you ... it wasn't me!” The bully protested.

Save your breath! I know you were working together. You threw Chit Sang in the very cooler they used to escape, it was all part of your plan.

“That was just a coincidence!” The door then opens and one of the guards is completely terrified by who it is.

“Sir, there's someone to see you.” He said.

Who told you to interrupt me?” The warden angrily said, only for his expression to change from anger to fear. He then bows upon seeing who it is. It’s Azula and Ty lee.

“I did.” Azula said.

“Princess Azula.” The warden said, clearly scared. “It is an honor to welcome you to the Fire Nation's most exemplary prison.” He then stands up. “I didn't realize you were coming.”

Azula then notices the guard in the chair. “Who is this?”

“He's a guard who was involved in a recent and feeble escape attempt.” The warden said.

“It wasn't me!” The bully guard desperately said.

Quiet, you!” The warden said.

“You're wasting your time. That's not one of them.” Azula said as she turns and starts to leave. The warden turns and looking surprised, and confused, and looks from Azula to the guard, and then back to Azula again.

“How do you know?” The warden asked.

“Because I know ponies.” Azula said while smiling sinisterly.

==================================================================

In the hall, Agua approaches a guard who’s in charge of the cell doors. “Hey, I just got orders. Let the prisoners out into the yard.” Agua lied to the guard.

“But we're in the middle of a lockdown.”

“Oh, okay, I'll just tell the warden you said that.” Agua said as she walks off as the guard raises his mask and looks at her, speechless. “I'm sure he'll be glad to hear about you undermining his authority. What's your name again?” She said as she looks back and opens her visor.

“Wait!” The guard said as he starts to sweat while horrified. “Don't tell the warden. I'm just a little confused.”

“Hey, I'm confused too, but the warden is in a bad mood, and ... irrational, so if you ask me, it's best not to question it, and do what he says.” Agua lied.

“Yeah ... you're right.” The guard said as he pulls the leaver that opens all the cell doors. “We're letting them out!” The prisoners then head for the yard. The prisoners mingle in the yard, where Agua, Hielo, and Arnook meet.

“This is it! We have to start a riot.” Hielo said.

“Okay. But how do we do that?” Agua asked.

“I'll show you.” Arnook then shoves a Diamond Dog prisoner.

“Hey! What'd you do that for? That hurt my feelings.” The Diamond Dog said.

“Arn’t you mad at me?” Arnook asked.

“Uh, well, normally I would be, but I've learned to control my anger.” The dog said.

“This isn't working.” Agua said. Just then, Chit Sang places his hoof on her shoulder.

“Hey you! You're lucky I didn't rat you out,” he then smiles, “but my generosity comes with a price. I know you're planning another escape attempt, and I want in.”

Hielo then gets an idea. “Actually, we're trying to escape right now, but we need a riot.” Hielo then points to him. “You wouldn't happen to know how to start one, would you?”

“A prison riot?” Sang said. “Please.” He then grabs a smaller prisoner and lifts him in the air, bouncing him up and down. “Hey!” He yelled, getting all the prisoners to look at him. “Riot!” A riot then begins as several blasts of magic go off.

“Impressive.” Arnook said while Agua and Hielo stare dumbfounded.

“Forget about controlling my anger...” The Diamond Dog that Arnook shoved said. “Let's riot!” He is then taken down by another prisoner as the riot goes into full swing.

On a nearby balcony, the warden sees what is going on. “Who let these prisoners into the yard? This is supposed to be a lockdown!” The door guard then looks at the warden, horrified. He puts his back against the wall and sneaks away.

==================================================================

In the interrogation room Zuko and Mai are in, a guard runs in. “Ma'am, there's a riot going on! I'm here to protect you!” He said to Mai.

“I don't need any protection.”

Zuko then chuckles slightly. “Believe me, she doesn't.” He proudly said.

“I'm sorry, but I'm under direct orders from your uncle to make sure nothing happens.” Zuko then gives him a serious look before he blasts fire at the guard and starts to run toward the door. The guard jumps in front of Mai to shield her.

“Get off of me!” Mai said as she tosses the guard aside. Zuko then exits and closes the door, trapping Mai and the guard in the room. He looks at Mai through the slit in the door with regret before running off. Back in the yard, he reaches everyone else and slams down another guard as the riot continues.

“Zuko! Good, we're all here.” Agua said as Zuko gives Agua her trident. “Thanks.”

“Now all we need to do is grab the warden, and get to the gondolas!” Hielo said.

“And how do we do that?” Zuko asked.

“Were not sure.” Arnook said.

Zuko then groans. “I thought you thought this through!”

“I thought you told Agua it's okay not to think everything through!” Hielo said.

“Maybe not everything, but this is kind of important!” Zuko said.

“Hey, uh, Hielo, was it? I think your girlfriend's taking care of it.” Chit Sang said. They then see Agua hop up on the heads of the rioters, then jump and flip onto the tower. She easily defeats the first guard with a few quick jabs. Two more guards arrive. She ducks a whip and sweeps the first one and then dodges the second one's whip and continues to climb the tower. She makes it up to the top and defeats the last guard with a sliding kick. She then grabs the warden by the hoof.

“You wouldn't dare.” The warden said.

Agua then ties his hoofs together and uses his headband as a gag. “Sorry, warden. You're my prisoner now.” She then slams the warden against the wall and dumps her guard uniform as the others arrive. “We've got the warden! Now let's get out of here!” She said. Arnook and Hielo are the only ones not out of breath because they flew up, while Zuko and Chit Sang are out of breath due to running up.

“That's my girl.” Arnook said.

“Tell me about it.” Hielo proudly said. They then make a run for the gondola.

“We're almost there!” Agua said, only to get stopped by some guards holding flame throwers.

“Back off!” Zuko said. “We've got the warden!” The then guards see the warden on Chit Sang's shoulder, bound and gagged, and clear the way. “Let's go!” They continue along their path, cautiously watching the guards so they do not try any sudden moves. They arrive at the gondola. Agua then opens the door.

“Everyone in!” She said as Zuko starts the gondola and kicks the handle a few times attempting to break it. He then sees the guards rushing toward him and kicks the handle again and breaks it. He jumps toward the gondola while dodging the guards fire blasts. Agua then grabs Zuko's hoof and helps him into the gondola.

“What are you doing?” Hielo asked.

“I'm making it so they can't stop us.” Zuko answered.

“Way to think ahead.” Hielo said. He then gets a kiss on the check from Agua.

“We're on our way!” She excitedly said.

“Wait!” Arnook said, getting the others attention. “Who's that?” Agua, Hielo and Zuko look out and see Azula and Ty Lee at the gondola station.

“That's a problem. It's my sister and her friend.” Zuko said as Ty Lee leaps up and climbs the line. Azula takes a pair of hoof-cuffs from a guard. After elevating herself to the line with her lightning gun, she uses the cuffs to attach herself to the line, and blasts up it using her flamethrower, that's now shooting blue fire.

“This is a rematch I've been waiting for.” Hielo said, determined.

“Me too.” Zuko said as they go to the roof of the gondola with Agua, who goes elemental.

Hielo then notices that his girlfriend is now different. “I’ll explain later.” Agua said as Azula and Ty Lee get closer. Azula then blasts fire, but Zuko blocks it. Ty Lee and Hielo trade blows at one another, but neither can land. Zuko continues to wipe out Azula's fire blasts. Agua draws her back to the edge with her trident.

Zuko goes in for a finish, but Azula dodges Zuko's blast and stays on the gondola. She then counters with a wide blast from her flamethrower. Meanwhile, the warden attempts to free himself while the other prisoners are distracted. A male guard watches from a telescope. “There's the warden! I see him!” He said.

The warden then frees himself and yells, “Cut the line!” Chit Sang then notices and gags the warden again.

“He wants us to cut the line.” The guard holding the telescope said.

“But if we cut the line, there's no way he'll survive!” Another guard said.

The guard with the telescope then puts it up. “He knows that.”

The guards then stop the gondola by jabbing a sword at the cable wheel. The force sends Hielo to the edge of the gondola, but Zuko pulls him in at the last moment. Ty Lee jumps up to the top of the wire to see what is happening. “They're about to cut the line, Azula!” Lee said as the guard use a large saw to cut the thick steel line.

Azula then notices another gondola approaching on the other wire, heading inbound, and smirks. “Then it's time to leave.” She then uses her lightning gun to jump to the other gondola along with Ty Lee. “Goodbye, Zuko.”

“They're cutting the line! The gondola's about to go!” Chit Sang said to Arnook as they look at the boiling water.

“I hope this thing floats.” Arnook said, knowing that all pegasi prisoners are given weights that ground them so they can’t fly.

At the station, the guards are almost finished when they are suddenly pinned to a metal wall by stilettos by the cuffs of their uniforms. “What are you doing?” A guard said to the source of the stilettos, Mai.

“Saving the jerk who dumped me.” Mai said as other guards try to attack Mai, but she pins them all down. She releases the block on the line, allowing the gondola to continue in motion. Everyone looks back to see what happened.

“Who is that?” Arnook asked.

They then see Mai continue to fight off guards and turns her head to see the others. “It's Mai!” Zuko said, shocked.

“What is she doing?” Azula angrily said as she gets closer to Mai. Ty Lee then shrugs as they watch her continue to fight off guards. The gondola makes it to the top of the hill and everyone leaves. Chit Sang holds the warden and throws him back in when Arnook points at it.

“Sorry, warden. Your record is officially broken.” He then follows the others.

“Well, we made it out. Now what?” Chit Sang asked. Zuko then stops when he realizes something.

“Zuko, what are you doing?” Hielo said.

“My sister was on that island.”

“Yeah, and she's probably right behind us, so let's not stop!” Agua reminded him.

“What I mean is she must have come here somehow.” He then walks up to a large hill by the sea. “There!” He then points to a large Royal Airship. “That's our way out of here!”

==================================================================

Back at the Boiling Rock, Mai is detained by two guards, while Ty Lee stands on Azula's side, looking terrified and concerned at the two. “Leave us alone.” Azula said to the guards. The guards then give the Fire Nation salute and leave. “I never expected this from you. The thing I don't understand is ‘Why?’. Why would you do it? You knew the consequences.”

“I guess you just don't know me as well as you think you do. You miscalculated. I love Zuko more than I fear you.” Mai said, enraging Azula.

No, you miscalculated! You should have feared me more!” Azula said as she draws our her lightning gun while Mai pulls out some stilettos. But just as Azula is about to shoot Mai, Ty Lee blocks Azula's chi, causing Azula to fall to the ground, and leaving Mai shocked.

Ty Lee then runs up to Mai. “Come on! Let's get out of here!” But they are quickly surrounded by guards and captured.

You're both fools!” Azula said as she is helped up by the guards.

“What shall we do with them, princess?” A guard asked.

Put them somewhere I'll never have to see their faces again, and let them rot!” Azula yelled, with a slight amount of insanity in her voice.

==================================================================

Back in Canterlot, the main six, the CMC, Shining, Cadence, Celestia, Luna and Lunar, accompanied by some guards, see Agua and Zuko exit the balloon with Arnook, Hielo and Chit Sang. “Me and Hielo here are new. What’s up, everypony?” Sang said while waving.

“Agua, Zuko. Where did you go? What happened to the war balloon?” Twilight asked.

“I’s a long story.” Agua said as Hielo places his hoof over her shoulder.

“Who’s he?” Candace asked.

“This is Hielo, leader of the Ice Knight of Pegasus City, and my old boyfriend.”

“Sound like you had one heck of a trip.” Apple Bloom said, causing everypony to laugh.