• Published 15th Jun 2012
  • 2,995 Views, 16 Comments

The Elements of Nature Book 3 - 气 (Air) - Superior-Doc-Fossil



One Avatar to go. Four Elements left.

  • ...
6
 16
 2,995

Chapter 3, The Library

The Elements of Nature
Book 3: 气 (Air)
Chapter 3, The Library

After two days, the group (consisting of the main six, Spike, the CMC, Shining and the Avatars, Cadence stayed behind because she’s pregnant) arrive at the foot of the Himalayas. “This is it guys.” Fire’ said. “If we start climbing now we can reach the Library by tomorrow afternoon.”

“Do we have everything?” Twilight asked.

“Let me see, for the two-hundredth time in a row.” Spike said as he pulls out a very big scroll. “Mountain Gear, check. Food, check. Water, check...” Spike keep reading until he gets a claw cramp.

“Thats everything. Lets start climbing.” Rainbow said as she, Fluttershy, Scootaloo, Agua, and Blitz fly up while the others take the path. After a few hours a snow storm hits. “I can’t see anything!” Rainbow said, now forced to the ground.

“Oh no! What a nightmare!” Terra sarcastically said.

“Right, sorry.”

“Were gonna have to find shelter!” Fire’ said as loud as he could. “If this storm gets any worse, we could get blown off the mountain.”

“Over there, y’all!” Applejack said as she points to a cave. They rush inside and Agua creates a wall of ice to keep the wind out.

“Were gonna have to stay in here until the storm ends.” Twilight said as she begins to set up her tent. The others soon follow. Fire’ then starts a fire and begins to cook some food.

==================================================================

On another part of the mountain, in a temple that's at least over 4000 years old. In one of the chambers, an old unicorn stallion is chanting while an earth pony stallion with a gray coat and a silver mane that's styled in an aerodynamic fashion along with his tail, a silver snout, and a tornado for a cutie mark, is meditating. The strange thing is that his eyes are glowing white.

He sees the pictures on the walls in the room show him images of the Elements of Harmony and Nature without there wielders, in a spirit like fashion. He then has a vision of the group in the cave eating. He also sees a fight were Fire’ goes supernova and nearly destroys a building.

The spirit images of the Elements disappear as his eyes return to normal, showing they are purple. “They are here.” The Earth Pony said in a quiet voice.

==================================================================

The storm finally ends and the group leave the next morning. “Oh, why can't snow be warmer?” Rarity complained.

“I thought I told you to put your winter gear on.” Twilight said to the white unicorn.

“Long red jackets is not my type of fashion, Dear. Besides, it gave me a terrible rash. I’m still itchy.” Rarity than scratches her leg.

“Once we reach the Great Library, we’ll be able to get some rest.”

“If you say so Twilight.” Rainbow said.

“Say, Twi.”

“Yes, Shining?”

“When do you think we’ll get there?”

“I say about a couple more hours.” Twilight said.

“You got to be kidding me.” Rainbow said

“The cold is not that bad, guys. Unless you're a total wimp. Deal with it” Fire’ said. He then gets hit in the head by a snowball from Rainbow.

“Deal with that, Snow Colt.” Rainbow said. She then gets hit in the face by a snowball from Twilight.

“No, you deal with that, ugh I mean ... oh crag.”

“You are SO gonna regret that!” Soon a snowball fight ensures between the friends. Fire’ then sees the same pony again. The pony leaves a bomb where he was. It explodes and an avalanche starts.

“Avalanche! Run! Run!” Fire’ said as they run as fast as they can.

“We’ll never make it!” Fluttershy said as she runs right behind Twilight.

“We don’t have to. Agua, try bending it away!” The group stop as Agua tries to keep the avalanche away.

“I ... cant ... do it!” Agua said as she loses her hold. The snow then covers the entire group. Fire’ melts the snow around him and Twilight. They see that they are at each others faces, with Twilight on top. The two are vitally kissing until Twilight breaks it. The two then blushes.

“Ugh, opes.”

“Ugh, I’ll melt the snow now.” Fire’ said as he gets up and begins to melt the snow. They soon see daylight and exit. The others get out as well, with Agua lifting the snow.

“Wheres Shining?” Twilight asked.

“Over there!” Blitz said as he points to Shining, who’s on the ground and looks hurt. They then run over.

“Shin, you all right?” Twilight asked.

“His leg doesn't look right.” Rainbow said. Agua then walks up and uses her bending to see how Shining’s leg is.

“It’s fractured in three places. I won’t be able to do much here. We need to get to the library.”

“Terra, make us a platform so we can ride it the rest of the way.” Fire’ said. Terra then lifts up the ground and they glide the lifted earth up the mountain. A few minutes later, Twilight sees the roof of the library.

“Look! Over there!”

“Were almost there, Shining.” Fire’ said as they continue to climb.

The group then stop. “Terra, whats wrong, Love.” Blitz asked.

“Just look up ahead.” Terra then points ahead. They then see the Earth Pony from the temple, now with a neckless that has a gray crystal that's shaped like a tornado and in a tan robe that has purple cuffs.

“Who's the colt with the spiked mane and robe?” Rainbow asked.

“I don’t know. I saw him up at the ridge after the avalanche.”

“If he’s the cause of all of this, then he’s gonna pay.” Twilight said as she and Fire’ get off.

“You guys keep going, me and Twi will take care of our new friend.” Terra then takes the others to the library.

“Who are you?” Twilight asked, getting no response.

“What do you want?” Fire’ asked, still getting no response. The Earth Pony then pulls out a staff that has some sky diamonds encrusted into its head. “Oh, so it’s gonna be like that, huh?” Fire’ said as he pulls out his sword. Twilight then fires a laser, but the Earth Pony jumps up into the air at a seemly impossible hight.

“Fire,’ Twilight.” The two then turn around and see the others, except Shining, with a group of monks. “We got your backs.” Agua said.

“Are you all right?” The lead monk asked the two.

“Where's your play mate?” Blitz asked. Twilight and Fire’ turn and see that the Earth Pony is gone. The group then head for the library.

The lead monk, who's a stallion with a gray mane and a brown coat, walks up to Fire’ and Twilight. “I am called the Book-Colt, and as head of the Great Library, I have seen far too many dangerous types out here, like the one who just attacked you. We must get to safety.”

“Shining Armor, is he okay?” Twilight asked the Book-Colt.

“Yes. Yes, your brother will be fine. Come, let us get you safely inside and get you something warm to eat.”

==================================================================

At the Changeling hive, Discord and Chrysalis are still locked up, absorbing the power from the coming comet. “So the Fire Avatar is still alive and stronger than ever, huh.”

“Yeah. If we don’t take care of him soon, both of our exoskeletons will be hung on the wall. Ooh-ah-ooh.” Medizinisch said to Hexe.

“Where are they now?”

“Last time I check, they were heading for the Himalayas to find the Air Avatar and the Elements of Air and Lightning. We should send a unite to ride ourselves of the Fire Avatar before he masters the sealing spell.”

“I got a better idea. We send Chrysalis’s personnel royal guard to get rid of him instead, the Insecticons.”

“Perfect, the Insecticons are the most fierce creatures out there, not even dragons can match them.”

“Yeah, you better call them now.” Later at an entrance to a chamber, Medizinisch and Hexe are hesitant to enter.

“Ugh, ladies first.”

“Why should I go, Noodle Face?”

“It was your idea.” Medizinisch is then pushed inside, with Hexe following closely. In the chamber, there are a few dozen human-like insects on the walls, each one around the same size as a truck. “Who” Medizinisch began to say, “is the fiercest among you?”

“There is no grater ferocity then an Insecticon has.” One of them answered. “But, if you must chose one among us.” An Insecticon then lands behind them. He is the same color as other Changelings, but with a demonic like face that has mandibles. He also has three white scars across his face, while his eyes are red and visor-like. “I am Hardshell.”

“Theres a pesky red unicorn with powerful friends we need to get ride of.” Hexe said. “He has the power to completely banish our Queen, so it’s you task to eliminate him before he gets a chance.”

“As a Insecticon, it is my duty to destroy this unicorn to protect my Queen. I will show no mercy. Sharpshot! Kickback! Shrapnel! Come! We have work to do.” Hardshell said as the three other Insecticons, who don’t have the same type of scars, jump down. They then follow Hexe and Medizinisch to a portal Hexe created.

“This will take you to the location of the unicorn.” Medizinisch said. “Find him and kill him!” The four Insecticons then fly through.

==================================================================

In the library, the Book-Colt is showing the group around. “Books, ancient scrolls, all types of artifacts and texts. This is truly an island of knowledge and learning in a vast sea of ignorance.”

“All that and central heating?” Twilight said as the Book-Colt finished. “I’m never leaving.”

“How old is this place anyway?” Rainbow asked.

“No one really knows. Thou some sources say the library is at least 4,000 years old.” The Book-Colt said as he takes them to a room that has Shining, with a cast on his broken leg.

“And yet it doesn't look a day over 1,500.” Shining said as his little sister runs up to him.

“Shining, your all right!” Twilight said relieved.

“‘Course I’m all right. I’m super tough. Nothing can keep me down. And these guys are pretty great at the whole healing thing.” He said.

The Book-Colt then claps his hoofs twice, “Yes. The collected knowledge here is what helped your friend. The fractures should heal very rapidly.” Some ponies with plates of food walk up. The food is some cakes, pizza and some hot chocolate. “I also had my assistances prepare you some warm food. Please, enjoy.” The group then dig in, with Rarity dropping her usual manners due to having anything but trail mix for two days and the long climb up. Outside, the gray stallion is watching.

“This five-chess pizza with olive & lemon toppings is nothing short of spectacular!” Fire’ said as he eats a whole slice in a few seconds.

“You got that right!” Rainbow said as she drinks some hot chocolate. “And this hot chocolate is way better than Sugarcube Corner’s!”

“I’m not so sure, but it’s close.” Pinkie said as she has a cup.

“My ... my.” Fire’ began to say.

“Yes, your father loved it too.” The Book-Colt said.

“You knew my dad?”

“Of course. We help Phoenix with his research, he was a scientist before he retired and became a blacksmith. He was very interested in our resources.”

“Gee Rarity,” Twilight said as she sees Rarity drink a whole cup in 10 seconds flat, “I never seen you so Rainbow Dash like.”

Rarity then places the cup on the table and blushes. “Well, it’s because we’ve been hiking for two days and I had nothing but trail mix and some half-frozen apples, Dear. I just couldn't control myself.” The group then laugh before Rainbow begins to yawn.

“I sure am getting tired.” Rainbow said as he vision begins to cloud.

“Me too.” Applejack said as she falls to the ground and falls to sleep.

“Whats wrong my young friends? Was it something you ate?” The Book-Colt asked them with a sinister smile. The entire group then fall asleep.

==================================================================

Later, inside a cell, the group begin to wake up and Twilight notices that one of them is missing. “Where's Fire’?!” She asked.

“Ow, my leg.” Shining said as Spike accidentally hits it.

“Sorry.” Spike said. “Where are we anyway?”

“Something tells me it isn't the luxury sweet.” Blitz said as he looks at the walls. “Anti-magic and bending metal. We can't escaped.”

The Book-Colt then walks up to the cell. “My, my. What are you doing in such a nasty place, my young friends?”

“I think that's a question we should be asking you.” Terra said as she reaches for her scythe, only to realize that its gone. “My scythe!”

“Ha, don’t even bother, I have all your weapons!” The Boot-Colt said as Rainbow runs up to the bars.

“Look, you creepy freak. Let us out of here right now!” She then tries to grab the Book-Colt, but cant reach.

“My, what a violent little bird. Get comfortable, you won’t be leaving anytime soon.” The Book-Colt mocked Rainbow.

“Bird?! At least I’m not a worm, you ... Bookworm!”

“And now, Fire Lord Ozia will learn that we have captured all the know Avatars and he will richly reward us.” The Book-Colt said.

“Fire Lord?! Y’all creeps are Fire Nation?!” Applejack asked.

“Indeed. We provide information to the Fire Lord and his troops, and in return, if the information is helpful, he pays us in unbelievable ways. How do you think we keep this place warm, a chimney?” The Book-Colt then laughs at the groups misfortune. “But, before we tell him, I want to dissect a certain little pony to see how he survived being struck by 12,000 volts.”

“Fire’!” Twilight quietly said as the Book-Colt leaves.

“Grate.” Blitz said. “This is a fine mess.” Outside, the gray pony from before opens a hidden door, enters and closes it again.

“OK. Now my leg is really starting to hurt.” Shining said. The group then hear a noise and see the gray earth pony.

“Hello.” He said to the group. “I am here to help you.”

“You.” Twilight said as she gets up. “You tried to wipe us off the mountain!”

“I did not cause that avalanche, Twilight Sparkle. That was the Book-Colts guards. Outside the library they wear monk robs, but they are not monks. No, not at all.”

“How do you know my name?”

“I know many things about you, about the Elements. I can help you get your friend and get you out of here. But you must trust me.”

“Is it me or does he talk funny?” Spike said.

“I think it adds a certain mysteries charm.” Applejack said.

“Do you trust me?” The earth pony said.

“Well, we thought you bad and nasty Bookworm was good. But I think its time we rethink everything, I guess.” Rainbow said.

“What does that mean, exactly?” The earth pony asked.

“It means, if you can get us out of here, then we trust you.” Twilight said.

“We need the keys from the guard.” Agua said.

“Why?” The gray earth pony asked them.

“To open the door.” Scootaloo said as the gray earth pony walks to a wall.

“Oh, no. That is unnecessary.” He said as he pushes a large stone brick. “You simply press here.” He then pushes another stone block. “And here.” He pushes another one. “And here.” The door then opens.

The group then exit the cell, with Applejack and Rainbow helping Shining walk. “Lead the way.” Rainbow said. “Whats your name again?”

“I am Ar. And I know a secret passage. This way. Follow me please.” He then opens a hidden door and enters.

==================================================================

Later in the tunnel, the group, led by Ar, are still walking. “Are we almost there yet?” Spike said. “Oh man, it’s really creepy in here.” Spike then grabs onto Rarity’s leg.

“Thats creepy.” Rarity said.

“Ar,” Twilight began to say, “your staff, your cutie mark, their air related. Does that mean you're the...”

“Avatar of Air? Yes, I am.”

“How long have you know that you're the air Avatar?”

“Three years ago, I had a vision of 6 warriors battling a great evil. I was one of those warriors, and I realize that I must be one of the Avatars. Does that answer your question, Rainbow Dash, Element of Loyalty?” Ar then opens a small door that leads to a dark room where Fire’ is at.

Twilight then sees Fire’ strap to a table. “Fire’!” She said as she runs over and frees him. Fire’ then wakes up. Their weapons are also in a glass case near him.

“Ugh. What happened?” Fire’ asked as the others walk over.

“I’ll explain later, but right now we need to leave.” Twilight said. Just then, the lights turn on and they see they are surrounded by the Book-Colts guards, along with the Book-Colt himself.

“Thank you, my young friends.” The Book-Colt said as he walks up to them. “You've been most useful in luring that nasty little monk out of hiding. Now you all can perish together.” The guards then prepare to fire at the group. “Where is the old stallion!? Where are you two hiding!? Tell me you little sneak thief!”

“It is you who are the thief!” Ar said to the Book-Colt. “You stole this place with the Fire Nation and desecrated these great halls of knowledge!”

“Ha, keep your creaky old scrolls and books, which are as useful as the dust that covers them!” The Book-Colt said. “The only knowledge that matters now is that about the Avatars! We are at the verge of a new era led by the Fire Nation, and I will not be left in the dark! I will know all and I will be all powerful!”

“Crazy.” Fire’ whispered to Twilights ear.

“Completely.” She whispered back.

“Get ready, I have an idea.” Fire’ said to the group.

“The Fire Nation will reshape this world! And nothing will stand in the Fire Nation’s way!” The Book-Colt said.

“Shining, the guard. The rest of us will take the bookshelf.” Fire’ said. Rainbow then tosses Shining one of the guards as the others make their way to a book shelf.

“Stop them!” The Book-Colt yelled as Ar jumps over him, temporally blinding him by covering his hood over his eyes. The group the push the shelf over, which starts a domino effect as more shelfs fall. “NO!” The Book-Colt yelled as more and more shelfs fall, eventually landing on the case where the weapons are at.

“Twilight, Rainbow, AJ, AB, Sweetie, Rarity, Scootaloo, Rainbow, Pinkie, Fluttershy, Blitz, Terra, Agua, get Shining out of here now!” Fire’ said after they get their weapons.

The group then escape as Fire’ and Ar stay behind to help cover their tracks. “You young fools don’t stand a chance!” The Book-Colt said as he puts on a mech-suite which increases his strength ten fold. “With the knowledge I have acquired about your powers and the Elements, I will make quick work of you!” He then charges at them, but they dodge and he hits the wall. “OW! THAT HURT!

“Thats the point!” Fire’ said. Fire’ then sends a fireball, but the Book-Colt jumps out of the way a nanosecond before it hits. “That should've hit.”

“My mech-suite makes me far too powerful and too quick to be beaten.”

“Yes,” Ar began to say, “but it is the arrogance of the stallion within that causes their legs to turn to stone. Easily anchored to this earth. Air Wave!” Ar said as he sends a powerful gust of wind to the book-colt, sending him flying a few feet.

“The little monk has the Spirit Sight! The connection to the Spirit World, allowing him brief glimpses of the future. Not good. Time to raise the stakes.” He then runs over to a pillar and opens a hatch, reveling a keypad. He types in 1602. Several stone pillars then pop up, stopping Fire’ in his tracks while trapping Ar. Ar begins to climb up, but the pillars that are trapping him are hit by a small blast from a cannon armed by the Book-Colt. Ar emerges from the rubble with barley a scratch because he used his airbending to create a durably bubble.

“The path of the devious only leads to retribution.” Ar said after he got out of the rubble. “Book-Colt, you are unworthy to even be in the Great Library.”

“Blah blah blah. You know nothing of true battle!” The Book-Colt yelled. “You live in your forgotten ways, little monk, without truly understanding the real power of what the Elements of Harmony and Nature can do!”

“I think I have an idea, Mr. Freak-Colt.” Fire’ began to say. “Check out what I can do.” Fire’ then begins to go supernova. “Blazing Strike!” Fire’ spins around and sends off blast that destroy the pillars.

WHAT!

“The blaze!” Ar began. “The blaze of my vision!”

“Ar, lets finish this.” Fire’ said to him.

“Yes. And with this end a new beginning.” Ar said. Then they fire two different blasts at the ceiling, trapping the Book-Colt. “The Book-Colt has caused great pain and suffering to so many.”

“Ar,” Fire began to say, “as Rainbow would put it, you rock!”

“Thank you.” Ar said. Just then, Ar grunts in pain as he sees a vision of the Insecticons arriving at the library.

“Ar! You okay?”

“I’m fine.” Ar said after his vision ends. “But we must leave. A great evil is coming.”

“Good call. Lets book.” Fire’ said as he goes elemental and flies off, followed by Ar, whose staff has unfolded a pair of wings.

==================================================================

A few miles away, the group see the smoke from the library, and Twilight is having the most horrible thoughts enter her mind about what would happen if Fire’ was defeated and what the Book-Colt would do. She then begins to cry when ... “Look everypony!” Rainbow yelled while pointing.

Twilight looks to where Rainbow is pointing and sees Fire’ and Ar flying toward them. “Firebrand! Ar! Your both okay!” Spike said as the land.

“Yeah, but we should leave before it gets dark.” Fire’ said.

“I will take you to my home. It is not far.” Ar said as he heads to a small canyon with the group following.

==================================================================

At the temple, Ar opens the doors and walks in, followed by the group. They are then greeted by an old unicorn stallion that has a grey coat and no mane and green eyes. His cutie mark is a black ball that has 5 different spikes coming from the top. “Welcome.” He said. “I am glad you are safe. We have much to discus. But first, Shining Armor, let us see to your leg.”

“How do you know my name?”

“Master Ey knows many things.” Ar said. “Many more then I do. Trust me.” Later on a table, Shining is asleep while Master Ey is waving his two front legs in the air.

“srewoP fo eht somsoc, laeh gninihS sromrA gel.” Master Ey chanted.

“We” Ar began to say as the group watches in silence, “are the only monks that remain from the Great Library. It was overrun by the Fire Nation and the one who calls himself the Book-Colt.”

“What happen to everypony else?”

“He destroyed every monk he could find, Rainbow Dash. We were the only ones to escape to this hidden monastery.” Just then, Master Ey stops. “I have spent many months on my spiritual vision quest. Knowing what my destiny is, I waited until you 4 arrive.”

“You spent months waiting for us?”

“Indeed, Blitz. And now you have arrive, I will join you to stop the Fire Nation and return balance to the world. I will follow you wherever you go for now on, Firebrand.”

“Say what?”

“I think its cute, Fire.” Twilight said to him. “You have your own monk now, which is nice.”

“Yeah, it is kinda nice. Ar, high hoof!” Fire’ said as he raises his hoof, only for Ar to stare at him confused. “Ugh, never mind.”

“Were gonna have to work on that one.” Rainbow said as she lands near them.

“Hey, Fire,’ you all right? I think your bleeding.” Apple Bloom said. Fire’ then moves his hoof to his mouth and finds that he has a small cut in his mouth and it’s bleeding fast, but it isn't fatal.

==================================================================

Back at the library, the Book-Colt and his guards are emerging from the rubble. “Fools.” The Book-Colt said. “Ignorant fools. Do they think they can hide from me? Do they! It is obvious that Firebrand is the key, the linchpin! I must have him, must control him!” The Book-Colt said as his guards stare terrified, but not at him.

“And who is ‘he’?” A deep voice asked. The Book-Colt turns around and sees Hardshell and his team on a destroyed wall.

“The ... the Fire Avatar.” He said with tremendous fear in his voice. “We battled and he escaped.”

“So,” Hardshell said, “you have served your purpose.” He then fires a blast and disintegrates the Book-Colt and his guards. “Spilt up, and find a clue to his whereabouts!” After a few minutes, Hardshell finds a small red pool in the snow. He takes a small amount and tastes it. “Yeess, the descendent of Star Swirl bleeds from his wounds.” He then tells his fellow Insecticons to follow the trail.

==================================================================

At the monastery, Master Ey is telling Team Avatar about Sozin’s Comet. They are in a different room while the main six, the CMC, and Shining are waiting. “You see, two thousand years ago, Fire Lord Sozin used a comet to begin the war. He and his army harnessed its incredible power, and dealt a deadly first strike against the world.”

“So the comet made his earth pony army stronger?” Firebrand asked in disbelief.

“Yes. Stronger than you could even imagine. They were able to do a variety of things that even Alicorns dreamed about. Chief among them, the ability to use their own Chi to create fire.”

“But that happened two thousand years ago. What does the comet have to do with the war now?” Agua asked.

“Listen carefully, all of you. Sozin's Comet will return by the end of the summer, and Fire Lord Ozia will use its power to finish the war, once and for all. If he succeeds, even the Avatars won't be able to restore balance to the world. Firebrand. Agua. Terra. Blitz. Ar. You must defeat the Fire Lord, before the comet arrives.”

“How are we supposed to do that?” Blitz asked.

“And how the hay can a comet affect us earth ponies?”

“You see, the comet is full of magical power. It will affect all creatures, but the reason Earth Ponies are so effected is because of their special connection the earth. The comet will increase the power of Unicorns, Alicorns and Pegasi, but the Earth Ponies will be effected the most. The five of you must defeat Fire Lord Ozia and restore balance to the world.”

“But we only have the Elements of Water and Earth.” Agua said as she and Terra show Master Ey their respective elements around their necks.

“Not entirely true. Now that Ar has joined you, you have the Element of Air. As for the Element of Lightning, here.” He then pulls out a light blue box and gives it to Blitz. He opens it and finds a neckless that has a light blue lightning bolt gem on it.

“The Element of Lightning.” Blitz said.

“Indeed. Now all you need to find are the Element of Fire and the sixth Element.”

“‘When dawn alights the daggers tip, the three kings will revel the door way.’ Thats what the Guru told us.” Fire’ said.

“Indeed. But the daggers tip is unknown even to me.” Master Ey said.

“Well, that's just perfect.” Blitz sarcastically said.

“Indeed.” A deep voice said. They then here a scream and rush outside and see Twilight in the claws of Hardshell before he takes off to the South.

“Twilight!” Fire’ said as he sees them fly off.

“What happened?” Agua said.

“These giant bugs just showed up and took Twilight before we could even yell.” Rainbow said as she gets up from a small rubble with Shining.

==================================================================

Meanwhile, as Hardshell and his team fly for a desert, Twilight is trying her best to escape. “There is nothing you can do to escape, Unicorn.” Hardshell said.

“My friends will save me!”

“Exactly, especially you little boyfriend. He suffers from the same things that your entire feeble race suffers from.”

“Bug bite allergies?” Twilight jokingly said.

“Compassion and love.” When Hardshell said that, Twilight realizes that they must be working for Chrysalis and Discord.

“Fire,’ please hurry.” She quietly said.

==================================================================

There must be something we can do!” Fire’ said as he walks around, making an oval shape hole due to walking around in worry.

“I’m afraid there is nothing you can do.” Master Ey said. “Even with your speed, you won't be able to save her. They are using her as a bargaining chip, Firebrand.”

Some master you are! When I get my hoofs on those bugs, I’m gonna PIN THEM AND FRAME THEM LIKE A BUTTERFLY!” Fire’ yelled.

“If only we had some wheels or something.” Pinkie said.

"Fools! You do not need wheels! You already have them..." a voice reverberated around the group.

"What the!" Fire’ hissed. He then looks around and sees nothing. He then lays back down and heaves another sigh frustration before looking around and saying, "Who are you? Where are you? Just..." He shook his head in bewilderment. "What the buck is going on? Am I hearing things? Have I finally snapped!?" He grabbed his mane and pulled on it, shaking his head and trying to make sense of the situation.

"Yes..." The voice said sarcastically. "I am but a figment of your imagination..." The voice then let out a chuckle that echoed around the 15 ponies and young dragon, sending chills down their spines.

“Ar? Master Ey?" Blitz said, looking over at them. "Any ideas what the freaking hay is going on?”

They slowly shook their heads. "No, we haven’t see anything like this...” Ar said.

Fire’ then lost it. "OK! Show yourself, whoever or whatever you are!" He barked suddenly.

"I already have." The voice said.

“What are you..." Fire’ then froze when he saw the group staring at something behind him. Fire’ then slowly turned around and his eyes locked on black braces with red lining of a tall, armor-clad stallion whose only recognizable features were his long, sleek face with honey-brown eyes, blood red mane, and a matching tail. As Fire’ looked up at the tall stallion's indifferent face, he gasped in shock. The stallion had a pair of large, feathery wings sticking out from his armor. But the clincher was that he had a unicorn horn as well.

“You're an...an..." Rainbow pointed up. "You're like Celestia, Cadence and Luna. You're..."

“An Alicorn.” Ar said.

“What?" The mysteries Alicorn then smiled. "Did you really think the Alicorn race was extinct? That the only ones left were your Princesses?”

"Well ... yeah!" Fire’ said, standing up and feigning a fighting stance. "It was pretty much implied that Celestia, Cadence and Luna were the only ones left after the Fire Nation wiped them out 30 years ago!"

“True enough,” The Alicorn said, “we are incredibly endangered. I am the last male of my race.”

“Oh, Celestia and Luna will love to know about you..." Rarity giggled. "Mr...?”

"Lunar Eclipse." He gave a quick and polite bow before continuing. "And Celestia and Luna already know about me."

"How?" Blitz cocked an eye.

He gazed down at them, his brown eyes suddenly blazing with fire. "He is a prince." Ar said, startling the group.

"Are you related to the Princesses?" Pinkie bounced excitedly.

“No, he is not.” Master Ey said.

“Indeed, I am the Prince of Death.” Lunar said. The entire group, except Ar and Master Ey, stare in disbelief and shock at what he just said. The chattering of Fluttershy's teeth could be heard over the slight howl of the mountain wind.

"Prince ... of Death?" She said.

"Yes." The Alicorn smiled. "I can give life just as easily as I can take it away."

“Why are you here?”

“I am here to help, Avatar of Fire. There is a way for you to save Twilight.”

“There is!?” Fire’ said.

“Indeed. Part of understanding your own power and potential is to understand your weapons potential.” Lunar began to say. “Once it is in tuned with a focused heart, it’s secrets and powers can be unlock.”

WHAT!? THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO BE CRYPTIC!” Fire’ yelled.

“He is saying that our weapons, because of the special gems each one has, are vehicles themselves.” Ar said.

“Don’t tell me I have to ride this like a broomstick.” Terra said.

“Not exactly.” Lunar said. He then turns to Blitz. “Blitz, why don’t you start. Concentrate on unlocking your weapon. Let you heart guide you. Imagine you are taking flight without the use of your natural wings.”

Blitz then looks at his nunchuks and closes his eyes. He then spins them around as he is encased in a ball of lightning. There is a mild explosion and when the light fades, Blitz is in a light blue, one seated fighter jet. “Whoa! Ha ha! Did I just do that?” He said.

Fire’ then looks at his sword and then slowly sets the blade on fire. He tosses it up in the air as the ground beneath him rise. When he catches the sword, a small explosion happens and Fire’ is now in a large red motorcycle that has varies blades coming out.

“No way I’m letting you boys have all the fun.” Agua said as she spins her trident in the air, gathering snow and water and forming a shape with them. The ice and water then break, reveling a white and blue and white snowmobile/ski boat combo. Ar then airbends around his staff and jumps on it. After a small explosion, a grey hoverborad appears.

Terra then tosses her scythe up into the air, but it stops in mindful as the ground beneath her rises while stones circle the scythe. She then grabs it and hits it into the ground, causing an explosion. After that, Terra is now in a large green and black off-road truck. “Huh. I hate to hurt the Royal Pegasus Guards feelings, but I think they just been replace.”

“I’m coming Twilight.” Fire’ said as he takes off after Hardshell, followed by the other Avatars.

“That was AWSOME!” Rainbow squealed.

“Say, Lunar. Do your swords turn into anything?” Pinkie said when she notices that Lunar has two katanas with him.

“I wish.” He said.

==================================================================

As the Insecticons are flying over a desert, they see a grey and light blue blurs come by. “What the?” Twilight said.

“Opes, we overshot that a little.” Blitz said.

“Indeed.” Ar said as they turn around as the others close in.

“Now, lets see what this baby can do.” Blitz said as he tapes the control counsel. But when he does that, the cockpit is open and he is flying uncontrollably. Hardshell then takes cover as Blitz goes by. But he doesn't see Ar fly by and taking Twilight. He then notices his Unicorn prisoner is gone.

“The Unicorn!”

“Ar? You saved me.” Twilight said as she stands on the hoverboard.

“Not without a little help.” Ar said as they see Blitz’s fighter jet turn back into his nunchuks. He then naturally flies over to them.

“Never speak about that ever again.”

“Don’t worry Blitz, our lips are sealed.” Twilight said. Just then they are under heavy fire from the Insecticons. Ar then loses concentration and his hoverboard turns back to his staff. Blitz then catches Twilight while Ar opens the wings. The then fly to the others as they take on a fighting stance.

“You are brave, I’ll give you that.” Hardshell said as he lands. Fire’ then lunches a fireball and kills Shrapnel. As Kickback sees if Shrapnel is dead or not, the other Insecticons see that the Avatars are gone. “We will meet again, descendent of Star Swirl.”

==================================================================

“That was close.” Twilight said as she is reunited with her friends and brother as they share a group hug that is like the one from ‘The Cutie Mark Chronicles.’

“Lunar, care to return to Equestria with us.”

“Indeed, Avatar of Water. I will join you.”

==================================================================

In the Fire Nation, Zuko is walking down an alleyway and meets a earth pony with a spiked black mane and a yellow coat. He also has blue eyes. His cutie mark is hidden by a full body black and orange body suite. He also has a timber wolf with him "You're sure you weren't followed?” Zuko asked. “I've heard about you. They say you're good at what you do. And even better at keeping secrets. The Fire Avatar's alive. I want you to find him. And end him. I also want you to capture the other Avatars and the wielders of the Elements of Harmony, alive. Think you can do that, Dom Pyro?" When Zuko said that, the earth pony gets a devilish smile on his face.

"With pleasure." The earth pony named Dom Pyro said.