• Published 15th Jun 2012
  • 2,995 Views, 16 Comments

The Elements of Nature Book 3 - 气 (Air) - Superior-Doc-Fossil



One Avatar to go. Four Elements left.

  • ...
6
 16
 2,995

Chapter 17, Sozin's Comet Part 4: Avatar Firebrand

The Elements of Nature
Book 3: 气 (Air)
Chapter 17, Sozin's Comet Part 4: Avatar Firebrand

Fire Lord Ozia is still trying to get through Twilight and Fire’s shield, getting nothing. “Come on out, Fire Avatar and Element of Magic! You two can't hide in there forever!” He yelled as he continues to blast fire at the bubble.

==================================================================

At the airship fleet, Hielo, Fluttershy, Scootaloo, Blitz, Ar, Golden Rod, Lunar and Terra are running on top of one of three airships, but stop when they reach the rudder. “Terra, metalbend the rudder so it's jammed in a turning position.” Hielo told her. “The ship will spiral and slam into the others.”

“Got it!” Terra said as she prepares to metalbend. She them moves past them out-of-the-way, then spits into her hoofs, much to Rarity’s disgust. Terra then metalbends the rudder and the new Imperial Firebenders inside the ship crash into the wall as the ship crashes into the others.

“Have I ever mentioned how sweet it is that you invented metalbending?” Blitz said.

“You could stand to mention it more.” A pleased Terra said. A firebender then comes out of the ship and fires at them. They fall of the side and Hielo uses his sword in an attempt to stop his fall with Terra while Scootaloo and Lunar grab Golden Rod while Fluttershy and Blitz get Pinkie and Rarity while Ar floats down to a platform. The others hit the platforms hard, with Hielo breaking both his leg and wing.

My leg and wing!” Hielo cried out in pain. “Hang on Terra!

“Aye aye, Captain.” Terra said as two firebenders come out on the platforms next to them. One of them is about to shoot them off, but Hielo throws his boomerang at him. He then kicks his sword in to his hoof and throws it at the other one's platform, slicing it in half.

“Bye, sword.” Hielo said as he watches his sword fall to the ground a mile below. Some more soldiers and firebenders them come out, surrounding them. Not even Lunar can take away all their lives without one of them taking his. “I don't think boomerang's coming back, guys.” Hielo said. “It looks like this is the end.” Terra then starts crying, but then the firebenders and soldiers run away. The airship gets struck by a different one and all of them fall onto it before Hielo jumps down himself, hurting his leg and wing again in the process, and falls over in pain.

“How did that happen?” Terra asked. “Did your boomerang come back?”

“No, Apple Bloom, Pinkie, Rarity and Sweetie Belle did.” Hielo said while looking up at them as they are riding on the airship.

==================================================================

Ozia is still blasting Twilight and Fire.’ He blasts at them a few more times and rises up to fly towards the bubble to then shoot an enormous, continuous blast of fire at it. Ozia steps back to charge another intense attack causing Twilight and Fire's shield to be disappear and the protects themselves as best they can but are pushed back by the force of the attack, crashing into a rock pillar.

A large, sharp stone then pierces Fire’ right below his waist, but the scar on his back is also hit with a point of the rock, causing him to flashback to when he was shot by lightning. Ozia then slowly approaches Twilight and Fire,’ who are covered by a pile of rubble. Twilight opens her eyes and lights the air pocket she and Fire’ are in. “That can’t be good for the...” But she stops in mid-sentence when she sees Fire’s condition. “Firebrand, NO!” She said as she removes the sharp rock from Fire’s side.

“Fire,’ please, wake up.” Twilight said, getting no response as Fire's breathing begins to die, along with him. “No, Fire’!” Twilight then breaks down into tears on Fire’s chest, next to the orb. “I didn't even get a chance to tell you the news. You, me, everypony would have been so happy.” Twilight then begins to scream as Fire’ stops breathing altogether.

==================================================================

In a strange place, Fire’ sees that he’s not in the Spirit World, but it’s not the real world either. “Where am I?” He asked, getting echoes for a response. “Am I dead?”

“We have been watching you...” A voice called back, as Fire’ covers his face to see the source. “...For a long, long time.”

Fire’ then sees severely creatures, some made of metal while others are hydras, dragons, Alicorns, Unicorns, even a few creatures he couldn't recognized. “You have fought for the word,” one of them said, “with courage and sacrifice, the virtues of a leader. A leader worthy of our secret. The Element of Fire and the Element of Energy are not found, they are earned. Return now to your fight, use the sixth element to merge the Elements of Harmony and Nature together and end this war. It is, and always has been, your destiny.” The creatures then raise their arms or legs as the bright light intensifies.

==================================================================

Fire’ then opens his eyes and gasps deeply, much to the relief of Twilight. “Fire’! Your okay!” She said, but before Fire’ could say anything, Twilight kisses him deeply. “Fire,’ now what?” Twilight asked after they stopped, knowing that Ozia doesn't know what happened.

“I have an idea, but you have to trust me.” Fire’ said while holding Twilight hoof. Twilight then nods as the sixth element, The Element of Energy, glows.

Outside, Ozia stops right above the pile and leans forward. “Come on out, love birds. You're about to be...” But before he could finished, a colorful glowing hoof pops out and grabs his goatee as a Alicorn like figure, taller than Celestia, comes out. Ozia tries to firebend at the Alicorn, but he/she merely knocks his hoof away. He/she then creates a blast of air, sending Ozia flying backwards.

Ozia then crashes into a pillar of rock and falls down to the ground. As the dust clears he looks up at the Alicorn in the sky with a sphere of air around him/her. The Alicorn then proceeds to roar and creates fire out of his/her mouth and hoofs. He/she creates a massive gust of air causing Ozia to cover himself as he groans in struggle. Pillars of earth disintegrate and move towards the Alicorn as other pieces of rock rise up from the ground to surround him/her, while lightning from the clouds above comes crashing down and swirl around the Alicorn.

Water also rises towards the Alicorn as he/she creates a ring of fire around himself/herself. The earth begins to create a ring inside the air sphere as the water continues to rise up and form another ring inside the earth sphere along with the lightning. As Ozia watches, he covers his head with his legs as the Alicorn is now surrounded by a ring of water, a ring of earth, a sphere of air, a ring of lightning and a ring of fire.

==================================================================

At the Liberation of Ba Sing Se, Bumi rises out of the ground with earthbending. He turns around as Fire Nation tanks appear and fire on him, but he blocks it with earthbending. He lowers the barrier smiling. He then shoots rocks at the holes where they shoot fire. He then uses earthbending to shoot them into the air and they land piled on top of one another.

Iroh is at the palace and burns the Fire Nation flag on Ba Sing Se Royal Palace, showing the Geo Firma insignia, a square inscribed with a circle, at the center of which is a much smaller square.

==================================================================

The Alicorn charges at Ozia and them blows him off his Elemental Sphere after they hit a rock pillar. Ozia then flies away from the Alicorn, who uses earthbending to shoot machine gun-like earth bullets at him while chasing the fleeing Ozia.

==================================================================

At the Agni Kai, Zuko tries to get up, but he is too hurt and he falls down. Azula launches a fire blast at Agua, Rainbow, Applejack and Shining. She laughs and shoots her lightning gun which Agua dodges. Zuko attempts to get back up but is too weak as Azula shoots another lightning bolt. Agua turns to watch as Azula lands on a roof nearby.

She begins charging her gun for another lightning attack. “I'd really rather our family physician look after Little Zuzu if you don't mind.” Azula said as she fires at the four again. But they manage to dodge them all and hide behind a column nearby. “Zuzu, you don't look so good!” Azula said as she shoots at the four again.

“What are we gonna do?” Rainbow asked.

“Agua, look down there.” Shining said while pointing to a grad. Agua looks and sees plenty of water for her to bend. Agua then bends it onto the roof, but Azula has moved. Azula comes from behind them and they flee. She uses the nearby water channel to make ice for them to slide on as Azula chases after them and fires another blast of fire.

Azula unleashes a large burst of fire but the 4 Equestrians manage to get away. Agua gets off her part of the ice path but trips on a grate and sees some water below. She looks up and grabs some chains hanging from the wall as Azula approaches the grates. “There you are, filthy peasants!” Azula yelled.

After a brief stare down, Agua uses multiple water whips to force Azula onto the grate. Azula is about to shoot her lightning gun at her when Agua freezes them both with the water under the grate. Agua then melts the water around her and chains Azula's hoof together tied to the grate and takes the gun. Agua then bends the water back into the grate. After catching her breathe she tightens the chains to make sure Azula can't get away then rushes to heal Zuko.

Agua then rolls Zuko on to his back and begins healing him as Rainbow, AJ, and Shining rush to their sides. Zuko opens his eyes, feeling the pain lessen, and smiles weakly at Agua, who smiles back as a she sheds a tear. “Thank you, Water Avatar.” He said.

“I think were the ones who should be the one thanking you.” Agua said as Azula watches. Rainbow then helps Zuko up when they see Azula beginning to cry uncontrollably and breathes fire, much to their horror, even thou she can't hurt them.

==================================================================

Back to Geo Firma, the Alicorn is still chasing Phoenix King Ozia. The Alicorn uses earthbending to move two pillars in front of Ozia, who recoils and flies away. He/she then sends a wave of water at Ozia, causing him to crash to the ground. As Ozia recovers and looks up, the Alicorn bursts through the pillar he landed near. Ozia then retreats backwards and shoots a stream of fire at the Alicorn.

The Alicorn drops to the ground and narrowly missing Ozia who propels himself away with fire from his hoofs. The Alicorn then rises and begins following the fleeing Ozia again. Ozia lands on a pillar and launches a wide fire blast at the Alicorn, who uses earthbending to move two large pillars to protect himself. He/she then breaks and lets the pillars fall as Ozia flies away again as the Alicorn unleashes multiple blasts of fire towards Ozia, who manages to dodge them. Ozia lands on the side of a pillar and launchers three similar fire blasts at the approaching Alicorn, who uses air and water to disperse them.

He/she then fires a strong blast of air at Ozia, disintegrating the pillar he stood on but he manages to get away. He/she then continues to chase him as Ozia looks back, realizing that the Alicorn is catching up. The Alicorn than moves his front legs and wings in a circular motion causing water to wrap it self around Ozia's leg and up to his outstretched arm, whipping him round then slamming him on top of a pillar. The Alicorn them flies forwards and earthbends Ozia's hoofs to the ground. “Fire Lord Ozia, you and your forefathers have devastated the balance of the world to nearly to point of beyond repair, and now you shall pay the ultimate price!” The Alicorn said with several dozen voices.

The Alicorn then prepares his/her final attack, combining all six elements together. But at the last second, the Alicorn’s blue glowing eyes suddenly turn to a normal pony’s eyes, mainly Fire’s, and he/she splits in two, one half turning into Twilight while the other turns into Firebrand. Twilight has the Elements of Harmony on while Fire’ has the Elements of Nature. Fire’ then uses his magic to free Ozia. “No, I'm not gonna end it like this.” Fire’ firmly said as he turns around, with Twilight watching Ozia.

“Even with all the power in the world, you are still weak!” Ozia said as he charges to attack, but FIre’ enters the Avatar State and stamps down and lifts a foot up, dragging a pillar of earth along with him, deflecting Ozia's attack and binding him inside the rock.

He then circles Ozia and proceeds to bind his other hoof as Ozia attempts to attack again. He pulls the rocks down into the earth slightly, causing Ozia to kneel. Ozia attempts one final fire breath attack but Fire’ uses airbending to stop him and exits the Avatar State and puts one hoof on Ozia's forehead, and one on his chest. Fire’ then remembers what the lion turtle said to him as he closes his eyes.

==================================================================

“In the era before it was lost, we bent not just the elements but also the energy within ourselves.” The lion turtle said as he places his paw in a similar position to Fire's hoofs on Ozia using its claws. The claws then begin to glow green light along with the Lion Turtles eyes. Afterwards, the Lion Turtle gives Fire’ the Elements of Fire and Energy.

==================================================================

Fire’ eyes then begin to glow white along with Ozia’s as he remembers everything else the lion turtle said. “To bend another's energy, your own spirit must be unbendable or you will be corrupted and destroyed.” Eventually, Fire’ and Ozia’s eyes return to normal as Fire’ enters the Avatar State and frees Ozia.

Ozia then falls to the ground, and attempts to rise and attack but falls back exhausted and unable to bend. “What?” Ozia said, out of breath. “What did you do to me?”

“What did you do to him?” Twilight asked as she places the Elements of Harmony and Nature in her saddle bag.

“I took away your firebending and magic.” Fire’ answered, shocking Twilight because Fire’ found a way to take away ones magic without them dying. “You can't use either to hurt or threaten anyone else ever again.” Fire’ then steps forward and looks towards the sea as fire spreads on the land below. Fire’ then breathes deeply and enters the Avatar State, meaning that he has control of the ability now.

Fire’ then begins to bend the water from the ocean below to extinguish the fires. After the fires have been put out, Fire’ lowers the water back to its normal level and leaves the Avatar State. Twilight then walks up to him and leans her head against his as Owlowiscious returns and lands on Twilight’s back. They see the comet flying away as Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Blitz, Ar, Golden Rod, Lunar and Terra leave their stolen airship. Lunar is helping Hielo walk over to the two. “You did it!” Scootaloo said.

“You should've seen yourselves, it was amazing! You were all like *bang-bang-bang, flosh* and the Fire Lord was all like *Ahhh, runaway!*” Hielo said.

“So did ya, you knows ... finish th' job?” Apple Bloom asked as she points to Ozia, who opens his eyes.

“I'm still alive.” He said, scaring the young Earth Pony mare.

“I learned there was another way to defeat him and restore balance.” Fire’ said. “I took his bending and magic away.”

“Wow!” A surprised Blitz, Terra, Pinkie, Lunar, Golden Rod, Scootaloo, Rarity, Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom said. “Who taught you that?” Terra asked.

“A giant lion turtle.” Fire’ answered.

“You have the craziest adventures when you disappear.” Terra said while smiling to Fire’ as Hielo limps over to Ozia.

“Well, look at you, buster. Now that your firebending and magic's gone I guess we should call you the Loser Lord.” Hielo said.

“I am the Phoenix King!” Ozia weakly said before flopping down to the ground.

“Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to offend you, Phoenix King Of Getting His Butt Whooped.” Terra said.

“Yeah! Or howsabout Kin' of Th' ... Guys Who ... Don't Win?” Apple Bloom said.

“Leave the nicknames to us, honey.”

==================================================================

Three days later, one day after the comet left, Zuko is in the Fire Nation Royal Palace, and is having trouble putting on his robe. “You need some help with that?” Zuko recognizes the voice and turns around and sees...

“Mai! You're okay! They let you out of prison?”

“My uncle pulled some strings.” Mai said as she walks up to Zuko. “And it doesn't hurt when the new Fire Lord is your boyfriend.”

“So does this mean you don't hate me anymore?”

“I think it means I actually kind of like you.” Mai said with a blush. The two kiss, but Mai quickly breaks it up. “But don't ever break up with me again.” She said in a series tone, but she smiles and the two hug.

==================================================================

Outside in the Fire Nation Coronation Plaza, ponies and other creatures from across the globe, mainly the world leaders who are part of the UN, have gathered to see the coronation. In the plaza, Twilight, her friends, Golden Rod, the CMC, some royal guards, Celestia, Luna, Lunar, Cadence and Shining are waiting for it to start. Agua walks up to Rarity, who has a bag full of cloths for the Avatars. “They ready yet, Rarity?” She asked the white Unicorn.

“Of course, dear.” Rarity said as she gives the bag to Agua, right when the Ice Knights walk up.

“Look at that getup!” Rainbow said with a laugh.

Agua then walks up to them. “There's my favorite knights!” She said. The Ice Knights have helmets in the shape of a wolf's head and have leg braces and greaves, and their faces are painted, each one different. Hielo’s helmet is black while the others are light brown. The rest of the uniform is in a variety of blues and whites. “I have to admit, I kind of missed the face paint.”

“Thats what they look like most of the time!?” Rainbow said, trying not to laugh.

“So how does it feel to be in uniform again?” Agua asked.

Ty Lee then appears from behind then, in armor. “It feels great!”

At this, Rainbow and Applejack get in between Hielo and Ty Lee. “Careful, Hielo! Ty Lee is pretending to be a high raking warrior again.” Rainbow said while pointing at Ty Lee, only for Agua to stop her and AJ.

“It's okay. She's one of us now.” Hielo said, shocking the two.

“Yeah, the girl members and I really bonded in prison. And after a few chi blocking lessons, they said I could join their group. We're going to be best friends forever.” Ty Lee said as she hugs two other knight and they all smile.

“I should get inside.” Agua said, before heading in.

==================================================================

In the Royal Palace, Zuko is walking down to hall to where the Avatars are waiting, with Ar meditating while the others are putting on the outfits Rarity made. “I can't believe three years ago my purpose in life was hunting you all down. And now...”

“And now we're friends.” Agua finished.

“Yeah, we are friends.” Zuko said.

“I can't believe three years ago I was still a traveling sideshow. The world's so different to me now.” Fire’ said.

“And it's gonna be even more different.” Zuko added. “It will take time, but we'll rebuild it together.” They then all hug and go outside. The crowd cheers as Zuko come outside. “Please. The real heroes are the Avatars.” Zuko said as Fire,’ Agua, Terra, Blitz and Ar step out and stand beside Zuko. “Today this war is finally over! I promised my uncle that I would restore the honor of the Fire Nation. And I will. The road ahead of us is challenging. Two-thousand years of fighting has left the world scarred and divided in hundreds of ways. But with the Avatars’ help, we can get it back on the right path and begin a new era of love and peace.” Zuko then kneels down, preparing to be crowd Fire Lord as a Fire Sage approaches with the headpiece.

All hail Fire Lord Zuko!” The sage said as he places the headpiece on Zuko as the crowd cheers.

“Twilight.” Celestia said to her student. “Once we return to Equestria with the Avatars, I will invite you all to the Grand Galloping Galla.” She said, causing a smile to appear on Twilight’s face.

==================================================================

Later that day, Zuko is walking to the Fire Nation Prison Tower. Inside, he heads for Ozia's cell and enters. “I should count myself lucky. The new Fire Lord has graced me with his presence in my lowly prison cell.” Ozia sarcastically said.

“You should count yourself lucky that the Fire Avatar spared your life.”

“Hmph.”

“Banishing me was the best thing you could have done for my life. It put me on the right path. Perhaps your time in here could do the same for you.”

“Why are you really here?”

“Because you're going to tell me something.” Zuko said as he leans closer to Ozia. “Where is my mother?”