• Published 15th Jun 2012
  • 2,995 Views, 16 Comments

The Elements of Nature Book 3 - 气 (Air) - Superior-Doc-Fossil



One Avatar to go. Four Elements left.

  • ...
6
 16
 2,995

Chapter 5, Hunted

The Elements of Nature
Book 3: 气 (Air)
Chapter 5, Hunted

In a jungle, the group are lost after they listened to Pinkie after, for some reason, they let her have the map. “Face it, Pinkie, were lost.” Lunar finally said.

“Were not lost. Were just taking a short cut.”

“In the thick jungles of the Philippines!” Rainbow barked.

“Just keep an eye out for a sing pointing to China.” Pinkie said. Unknown to the group, they're being watched in the jungle by Dom Pyro in the trees, accompanied by his pet timber wolf.

“Pour mice.” He said. “All lost and alone. Oh, soon we shall spring our trap and chop off their lovely tails.” He then turns to his timber wolf. “Isn't that right pretty one?” His pet wolf then nodes in agreement.

==================================================================

In the Fire Nation, Zuko is walking into Mai's room. He looks at a painting of them and becomes downcast. “I'm sorry Mai.” He then places a note on her bed and leaves. Later, Zuko is kneeling at a painting of his mother. “I know I've made some bad choices, but today, I'm going to set things right.” He said as he rises, picks up his sword, and leaves.

==================================================================

In the Fire Nation prison, Iroh is silently sitting in his cell. “I bet you're tired of being in this cell old colt.” A Fire Nation general mocked. “Well, too bad. You're never stepping outside these walls again.”

A mare then enters with a plate of food. “Breakfast.” She said.

“Careful, Ming, don't get too close. His stench will knock you right out.” The General said as he leaves while laughing.

The mare known as Ming looks at the general with contemptuously. She then gives Iroh his food. “I snuck in some white jade tea. I know you like rare teas.”

“Thank you Ming. Ever since I was put in here, you have been very kind to me.” Iroh said.

==================================================================

As the group walk in the rainforest, Fluttershy stops and gasps. The others come running to her and see giant stone replicas of the Elements of Harmony and Nature. “Wow.” Fire’ said as he looks at some of the statues. “If it wasn't utterly and completely impossible, I say these were meant to be the Elements.”

“Statues of the Elements in the middle of the Philippine jungle miles away from any civilization.” Twilight said.

“I do not know this place.” Ar said. “I cannot help.”

“This feels bad. Really bad.” Fluttershy said.

“Chill Fluttershy.” Rainbow said. “There just statues. Theres absolutely nothing to worry about. Probably.”

“Over here!” Blitz yelled. “I think I found something.” He then heads for a nearby clearing. When they get there, they see a Buddhist like temple surrounded by walls.

“Whoa.”

“If you didn't know anything about the statue little monk fish,” Blitz said to Ar, “your gonna love not knowing about this.”

“I know nothing of this place.” Ar said completely confused. “Nothing at all.”

“Ancient cities. Lost temples. Theres a lot more to this whole Avatar thing I think we know.” Agua said.

“That looks like the kind of place my dad would hang out.” Fire’ said.

“A creepy dead temple?” Blitz said. “I hate to see where your old colt used to go for a vacation. A cemetery?” The group then stare at him.

“Lets head for the center building. There might be a clue to the sixth element” Fire’ said. “Not all our vehicles can go across the terrain, so were gonna have to walk.” He then makes his way for the temple with the others.

As Blitz is walking down, he's tripped over by Spike. “Hey, what was that for?”

“That was for disrespecting Fire.’” Spike said. He then notices a locket on the ground. “Whats that?”

Blitz then quickly takes it. “Whats this, oh its just a NYBS.”

“An NYBS?”

“Yeah, Non Your Business Scales.” Blitz said as he leaves. Rarity then walks over to Spike to see if he’s all right.

“Spike! Are you okay.”

“I’m fine Rarity. Jeez, that guy is just so rude.”

“I'll say. I don't want him to hurt my little Spikey-wikey.” Rarity said while rubbing Spikes checks.

“Rarity stop.” Spike said when he sees Pinkie and Fluttershy giggling. The four then hear a sparkling sound along with some electricity. Pinkie’s Pinkie Sense gives her a pinchy knee, meaning something scary's about to happen, but her curiosity gets the better of her. The four clear away some vines and scream, but it isn't loud enough the others to hear.

==================================================================

In the Fire Nation, Zuko is in front of the doors that lead to the throne room. “I'm ready to face you.” He said to himself.

==================================================================

Blitz catches up to the group when Fire’ notices something is wrong. “Whats the hold up?” Blitz asked. “Lets go.”

“We thought we lost you.” Twilight said. “Wheres Spike, Rarity, Fluttershy and Pinkie?”

Rainbow then walks up to Blitz. “Come on, Blitz! Don’t you know not to leave those 4 on their own like that by now.”

“We're gonna have to find them.” Shining said.

“We can’t.” Lunar said. “If we search for them in that thick jungle, it’s possible to get lost in a matter of moments. And if we split up to look for them, were gonna get lost ourselves.”

“Whats the big deal?” Blitz said. “If they have any sense, it’s a sense of direction. After all, they know where were going. Heck, I bet Pinkie will have a party ready when we arrive.”

“When y'all put it that way, let's go.” Applejack said as they make their way to the temple.

==================================================================

In the Fire Nation prison, Ming is giving Iroh his lunch. “Lunchtime General Iroh. And this time, I brought you an extra bowl of rice.” She then places the meal in the cell.

“Thank you Ming. Your little gestures of kindness have made my days in prison bearable.” He then thinks for a moment and smiles. “I think you should take the rest of the day off.”

“What?”

“You don't look well. Maybe you should go home and rest.”

“No, I feel fine.”

“Trust me. It is better that you are not here this afternoon.” Ming then nods, meaning that she understands. Ming then leaves.

==================================================================

Zuko then opens the door. Fire Lord Ozia is sitting on the far side of the room, drinking tea. The Fire Lord is surrounded by several Royal Procession guards. He sets his teacup down upon seeing the prince. “Prince Zuko? What are you doing here? Why are you here?”

“I'm here to tell the truth.” Zuko said.

“Telling the truth during the middle of my tea. This should be interesting.” Ozia said. He then sends the guards out of the room. One by one the guards file out, closing the doors behind them.

“First of all, in Ba Sing Se, it was Azula who took down the Fire Avatar, not me.”

“Why would she lie to me about that?” Ozia asked.

“Because the Fire Avatar's not dead. He survived.” Zuko said, getting a shock and horrified face from his father.

“What?” Is all Ozia could say.

“In fact, he's probably found the Air Avatar by now. He could be on his way here right now.”

Ozia then rises from his seat and points toward the door. “Get out! Get out of my sight if you know what's good for you!

“That's another thing.” Zuko said. “I'm not taking orders from you anymore.”

You will obey me, or this defiant breath will be your last!

Zuko then pulls out one of his swords. “Think again. I am going to speak my mind, and you are going to listen.” Ozia then sits down after the recent revelation. “For so long, all I wanted was for you to love me, to accept me. I thought it was my honor I wanted, but really, I was just trying to please you. You, my father, who banished me just for speaking out of turn. My father, who challenged me, a thirteen-year-old colt, to an Agni Kai. How could you possibly justify a duel with a foal?”

“It was to teach you respect!"

“It was cruel! And it was wrong.”

Then you have learned nothing!

“No, I've learned everything! And I've had to learn it on my own! Growing up, we're taught that the Fire Nation was the greatest civilization in history. And somehow, the War was our way of sharing our greatness with the rest of the world. What an amazing lie that was. The people of the world are terrified by the Fire Nation. They don't see our greatness. They hate us! And we deserve it! We've created an era of fear in the world. And if we don't want the world to destroy itself, then we need to replace it with an era of peace and kindness.”

Ozia then laughs a little. “Your uncle has gotten to you, hasn't he?”

“Yes.” Zuko said as he smiles. “He has. After I leave here today, I'm going to free Uncle Iroh from his prison and I'm going to beg for his forgiveness. He's the one who has been a real father to me.”

Ozia then laughs some more. “Oh, that's just beautiful. And maybe he can pass down to you the ways of tea and failure.”

“But I've come to an even more important decision. I'm going to join the Avatars and I'm going to help them defeat you.”

“Really? Since you're a full-blown traitor now and you want me gone, why wait? You've got your swords. Why don't you just do it now?”

“Because I know my destiny. Taking you down are the Avatars destinies.” Zuko then puts his swords away. “Goodbye.”

Zuko then begins to leave. “Coward! You think you're brave enough to face me. Don't you want to know what happened to your mother?”

Zuko abruptly stops and turns to face his father. Ozia then smiles. “What happened that night?” Zuko asked.

“My father, Fire Lord Azulon, commanded me to do the unthinkable to you, my own son, and I was going to do it. Your mother found out and swore she would protect you at any cost. She knew I wanted the throne and she proposed a plan, a plan in which I would become Fire Lord and your life would be spared. Your mother did vicious, treasonous things that night. She knew the consequences and accepted them. For her treason, she was banished.”

Zuko then grows teary-eyed. “So she's alive?”

“Perhaps. Now I realize that banishment is far too merciful a penalty for treason. Your penalty will be far steeper.” He then takes out a lightning gun and fires at Zuko. Zuko slides back several feet from the impact of the bolt yet manages to redirect it. He fires the lightning blast near his father, sending the Fire Lord slamming into the back wall. Ozia falls over and raises his head, his face distorted in rage as flames from the lightning attack surround him. The flag behind him falls as Zuko makes his escape.

==================================================================

As the group make their way to the center temple, Rainbow decided to land and walk a little bit as they go around a small crater with dead logs along the edge. She then trips over a log and falls on her but. “Ow! Ouch! Ouch!” She said as Blitz holds out his hoof to help. Rainbow accepts and gets back up. “Ugh ... thanks ... Blitz.”

“Your welcome, princess.”

Rainbow then gets mad and pushes Blitz into the canyon. “Weasel!” She said as Blitz lands hard. Rainbow then follows the others. Blitz then gets the felling of being watch. He turns around and sees a timber wolf behind him.

“Wanna fight ugly!” Blitz said while taking on a fighting stance. Just then, a hoof in a orang glove like boat grabs one of Blitz’s hoofs while he hears maniacal laughing. It’s Dom Pyro. “Take you bloody hoofs off me!” Blitz said as he struggles a little.

“Why do you struggle, little mouse?” Dom Pyro said as he places an anti-bending collar around Blitz’s neck, neglecting his lightningbending. “Theres nowhere to run, and nowhere to hide.” Dom then reaches for something in one of his many little pockets. “So hush now,” Dom said as he pulls out a long metallic stick, “it’s time to sleep.”

He then shocks Blitz until he’s out cold. Blitz then falls to the ground, dropping his nunchuks. The timber wolf then walks up to Dom Pyro. He then rubs the back of his pets neck. “Four little mice and one little dragon caught, pretty one. A good days hunt.” Dom Pyro said.

“Blitz!” Rainbow called, alerting Dom Pyro to her presence. When Rainbow gets to the crater, she finds it empty. “Blitz! Guys! Blitz is missing!” Rainbow yelled as she enters the crater to find out what happened. The others soon join her.

“I’m no detective, but this is defiantly not good.” Fire’ said after a few minuets of searching.

“I can see Spike, Rarity, Fluttershy, and even Pinkie getting lost, but not Blitz.” Twilight said. “This doesn't look right.”

“Hey, guys! I found Blitz’s nunchuks!” Agua called as she picks them up.

“This is not right at all.” Applejack said.

“What is it AJ?” Rainbow asked.

“Take a look. These are timber wolf tracks.” AJ said as the tracks lead into the jungle.

“What do you know about this?” Terra asked Lunar.

“I’ve made the same enemies you have. Whatever this is, it’s hunting me to.” Lunar said.

“It feels like this thing is separating us from the herd one by one. It’s quiet and it’s fast.” Fire’ said while looking in the jungle, making suer that nothing is watching them.

“And it knows its way around this stinking jungle.” Rainbow said. “We cant track it and we have no idea where it is.”

“But we know precisely where it will be.” Ar said, getting looks from the others.

“Wheres that?” Shining said.

“Wherever we are.” Ar finished.

==================================================================

Later that night, the remaining group make a fire a couple of miles away from the center building. Fire,’ Ar, Agua, Shining, Terra, Applejack, Rainbow, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Lunar are the only ones asleep as Twilight looks at the jungle. “Poor Spike.” She said, worried about her number one assistant. “Out there, all alone.” She said as she gets up and heads for the jungle.

Ar then wakes up and sees that Twilight is heading for the jungle. “Twilight.” He then wakes up Applejack, Agua, Terra and Rainbow and they follow her. Twilight then stops at a statue that looks like her tiara, the Element of Magic.

“All these strange statues that look like the Elements of Harmony and Nature. I wish I knew what all this meant.”

Guys!” She heard. Twilight instantly recognizes it as Spike. “Twilight! Can you here me!

“What is it, Twilight?” Ar said, startling her.

“It’s Spike! He found us!” Twilight then makes a b-line to the jungle, with Rainbow, Applejack, Agua, Terra, and Ar following her.

“No, Twilight! Wait!” Ar said as he takes out his glider and flies after Twilight with Agua and Rainbow. “Twilight! Wait! Come back!” Right then, Fire’ and Lunar wake up along with Shining, Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle.

“Twilight!” Fire’ and Shining said at the same time as they notice that something is wrong.

==================================================================

As Twilight gets closer as ‘Spike’ continues to call. “Twilight! AJ! Rainbow! Agua! Terra! Ar! Hurry!

“Spike! Hold on! Were coming!” Twilight said as AJ, Rainbow, Agua, Terra, and Ar run after her.

“No Twilight! We must turn back!” Ar said to a worried Twilight.

Twilight gets to where the sound came from, but nothing is there. Rainbow and Agua then arrive. “But, I swear that I heard Spike calling.” Twilight said, trying to make sense of what happened.

“It’s alright Twilight.” Rainbow said while placing a comforting hoof on Twilight’s back.

“Boo!” Dom Pyro said as he pops from the branches upside down from a tree with a wicked smile on his face, scarring the three half to death. “Hello little mice. Squeak, squeak.” He said as Ar, Applejack and Terra arrive.

“Did he just call me a mouse?!” Rainbow said.

“Who the hay are you?” Applejack asked.

“Me?” Dom then laughs maniacally. “I’m the thing of nightmares.” He then jumps off and lands gracefully in an open field and laughs as his pet timber wolf arrives. “Now you little mice shall experience a true nightmare.”

Ar does an air slash, but Dom and his pet hide in the jungle as he laughs maniacally, with it echoing all around them. “Where'd they go?” Twilight asked. Just then, the timber wolf jumps out and takes Twilight and disappears into the jungle. Twilight then screams in pain loudly. Loud enough for the others to hear her.

“Twilight.” Fire’ quietly said. The group form a circle to try to block off any attacks as the hear Dom laugh. They then see a badly hurt Twilight emerge from some bushes.

“Twilight!” Agua and Rainbow said as they head for her. Agua uses her healing abilities to help Twilight recover. Just then, two discs with bolas on then hit Rainbow and Agua, shocking them and knocking them unconscious. Ar, Terra and Applejack look at the direction where the discs came from.

“Over here little mice.” Dom said right behind them. Dom then throws two anti-bending collars at Terra and Ar’s necks, taking away their bending.

Terra then screams. “I CANT SEE!” She yelled as he seismic sense disappears.

Dom Pyro then pulls out his little ‘knock-out’ stick that he used on Blitz. “All the little tails.” He began to say as he makes his way toward them. “Chop, chop, chop.” He said, even causing the normally hard to scare Applejack to tremble in fear as Dom gets closer.

==================================================================

In the Fire Nation prison, Zuko arrives to Iroh’s cell, but finds that a large hole in to and his uncle gone. “Uncle!” Zuko then sees the prison warden and grabs him by the collar, preparing to hit him with a blast of fire to get some answers. “Where is my uncle?

“He's gone. He busted himself out. I've never seen anything like it, he was like a one-pony army!” The terrified warden said. Zuko then drops him and heads into whats left of Iroh's cell. He then sees a sandal on the ground. He picks it up and smells it, only to turn his head away in disgust of the pungent stench coming off of it.

"Yep. That's uncles." Zuko said as he places the sandal in his saddle bag and leaves. On the outskirts of the Fire Nation Capitol, under the cover of darkness, Zuko gets on a war balloon and flies southeast, toward Equestria.

==================================================================

The teen CMC, Fire,’ Shining and Lunar make it to the site where Twilight heard Spike and find Terre’s scythe, Agua’s trident, and Ar’s staff on the ground. “Looks like they put up a good fight.” Lunar said as he sees a broken tree.

“Not good enough. Otherwise, they would still be here.” Fire’ said as he sees some blood. Fire’ then heads for the jungle. “We have to save them!” Lunar stops him before he gets to far ahead.

“And we will, Fire.’” Lunar said to the hotheaded Unicorn. “But we don’t stand a chance in this thick jungle. We’ve got to lure it to the open and fight it there.”

“The temple, that could be the perfect place to make a stand.” Shining said.

Lunar then thinks for a moment. “Let’s do it.” The group then make a b-line for the center building. As the do so, Dom Pyro is watching in the trees with his pet timber wolf.

“Little mice, little mice.” Dom said. “Run away home. We’ve know where you been. We know where your going. Don’t we, my pretty one, Combustion?” He said as he pets his timber wolf named Combustion. He then contacts the Zuko with a holo-communicator, but gets Ozia instead.

So, you're the one my guards have said Zuko has been talking to.” Ozia said, knowing Dom Pyro’s reputation. “How is the hunt he sent you on?

“Eleven rodents and one dragon caught. Twelve little tails sniped. Only one remains.”

Plans have changed, Dom Pyro.” Ozia said. “My son has become a traitor, and now you will listen to me. I want the Fire Avatar alive, along with his friends. And I’m willing to pay you triple the price my son paid you.

“Oh Fire Lord.” Dom said. “Your son has paid for 11. The last 5 we will do ... just for the sport. Yes, we will.” Dom then cuts the connection while laughing maniacally. “Come, pretty one. Now we know where to set our final, tender, trap.”

==================================================================

“Why a temple dedicated to the Elements of Harmony and Nature?” Sweetie Belle asked as the group approach the temple. “I don’t understand.”

“The origin of the Elements of Harmony and Nature are shrouded in myth and legend. Not even Celestia and Luna know where they came from.” Lunar said. “Some say they have been around since the dawn of time. Others say they arrive from the stars and left by Odin, king of the Norse Gods.”

“We’ll worry about stories later.” Fire’ said as they reach the door. “Right now, lets see who comes in here after us.”

The enter the main hall room, which is a dome with 20 columns, when they hear evil laughter. The group then brace themselves as they look where the laughter is coming from. They then see Dom Pyro. “Snap, snap, snap, little mice.”

Shining instantly recognizes him. “It’s Dom Pyro.” He said.

“It is him.” Lunar said.

“You two know this lunatic?” Scootaloo asked.

“Yes, we do unfortunately.” Shining said.

“Whoever sent him doesn't just want us gone, he wants it to hurt.” Lunar said as he and Shining prepare for an attack.

“The Fire Lord pulls the strings today, and we dance. Of course, we get to chose the music.” Dom said as he walks to them.

“Guys, we need to get out of here!” Shining said.

“Oh, don’t be scared.” Dom said when he finally stops with his pet timber wolf. “When we catch you, we promise you’ll never feel fear again.” Dom then laughs maniacally.

“Dom Pyro.” Shining began to say as he and Lunar charge up an attack. “It’s over.” He said as he and Luna step forward in between two columns.

“Oh no, no, no. We don’t like magic.” Dom said as he pulls out a switch. “And we knew you use it.” He pushes a button and two electric cables hit Lunar and Shining, shocking them until there unconscious.

“Hey, sparky!” Fire’ said as he takes out his sword while the CMC check on Lunar and Shining. “How do you feel about sharp pointy things?”

“We love them. Yes, we do.” Dom said as he pulls out a short blade that elongates to 3 feet in length. “Come little mouse, let us end this hunt and dance to a pleasant happy tune.” He then charges at Fire.’ Fire’ catches the blade and tosses Dom into a column.

“Now, Dom Pyro. Let me show you what it’s like to be hunted.” Fire’ said as he charges up and attack. “Blazing Strike!” Fire’ yelled as he does his signature move. Dom gets out of the way in time, but in doing so, the attack hits the pillar, causing it to nearly fall on Fire.’ Combustion, Dom Pyro’s pet timber wolf, causes another pillar to fall, nearly crushing Fire.’

“Now you have cold hoofs to fight as well!” Dom Pyro said. “When this battle is done, little mouse, I shall chop off your tail, ... so very slowly.”

“Not if I can help it.” Fire’ said as Combustion causes another pillar to fall. Fire’ then sees the effect of the falling columns. “The dome.” Fire’ realized. His horn then glows along with Sweetie's Dom Pyro then sneak behind Fire’ and takes him by the mane.

“How does it feel to hear the trap snap down? To know you have been caught?” Dom asked, holding his knockout stick to Firebrands neck.

“I was going to ask you the same thing.” Fire’ said, getting a confuse look from Dom Pyro’s face. He then pushes back Pyro several feet. “Sweetie, NOW!” Sweetie then fires a small laser at a column, causing a chain reaction, making the entire dome fall on Combustion.

“Clever little mouse.” Dom Pyro said. He then laughs maniacally as the temple continues to fall. Fire’ then gets Lunar as the CMC get Shining Armor and escape. The group make it outside as the sun begins to rise.

“Nice work kid.” Lunar said to Fire.’

“Hey!” Fire’ said, annoyed. “Lets find the others.”

==================================================================

Later, Lunar, Fire,’ Shining, Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle untie the group from a small statue and get the anti-bending collars off. “So, where's mister creepy?” Rainbow asked, finally able to fly after a few hours of being tied up.

“Buried.” Shining said as he unties Applejack. “Under about four thousand tones of old temple.”

“I cant believe someone used me to get to you.” Twilight said to Fire’ as he tends to her minor wounds.

“Don’t blame yourself, Twilight.” Fire’ said as he uses some healing magic on a black eye Twilight got. “Tell you what. Once we get back to Canterlot, how about I get you some of Doughnut Joe’s chocolate doughnuts and coffee to cheer you up.” With that, Twilight smiles.

“When are we gonna get back anyway?” Blitz asked. “I have had enough jungle to last me a lifetime.”

“I called the Royal Guard. They sent an airship to our coordinates.” Shining said. “They should be here soon.”

“Oh, oh, over there!” Pinkie said while pointing. The group see a plane fly to them and land a few feet away. The group then get on and head back to Canterlot.

==================================================================

Back at the temple, some ruble stirs. Dom Pyro’s hoof then breaks free as he gets out slowly.

==================================================================

Once the group land at Canterlot, Twilight is the first to get out, getting a concern look from Celestia when she sees her black eye. “What happen Twilight?” The Alicorn of the Sun asked.

“A crazy earth pony named Dom Pyro.” She said. The others soon get off as well. Cadence then gives a big hug to her husband.

“I was so worried about you.” Cadence said.

“Me too.” Luna then arrives as the Avatar of Air steps out and bows before the regal wing unicorn sisters.

“I presume you're the Avatar of Air.” Luna said.

“Indeed, I am, Princess Luna.” Ar said.

Lunar Eclipse then steps out, surprising both Luna and Celestia about seeing the lost Prince of Death again. "Lunar Eclipse..." Celestia said. "It has been a long time, friend."

“In...indeed...” Lunar nervously said. "It has been ... so long, I..." He looked down awkwardly. "I don't really have a purpose right now..."

“Simple.” Luna said. “Help the Avatars find the sixth element and defeat the Fire Nation.”

The Prince of Death looked up and nodded, a new look of determination on his face. "I will, Luna." He smiled warmly at her. "It has been so nice to see you again, Luna."

“Did he just address her as Luna and not as your Highness?” Rainbow asked Blitz.

“How should I know, love?” He then gets a hard punch from Rainbow.

A slight blush then kissed Luna's cheeks, as she backs away slightly. "Likewise, Lunar Eclipse..."

“Did she just blush?” Twilight whispered to Fire.’

“Yes. She did.” Fire’ answered.

Princess!” A Pegasus guard yelled, getting all there attentions. “A Fire Nation balloon has been spotted heading right here!

“How manny are there?” Celestia asked the Pegasus guard.

“Only one, your Highness.” The guard said.

“I see it!” Rainbow then points to the balloon. The balloon lands as some guards prepare for what ever is going to jump out.

The group is also waiting when Zuko comes out. “You!” Fire’ said shocked that the Fire Prince is here at Canterlot in a small unarmed balloon. “Seriously!”

Zuko then draws out his swords, only to put them on the ground. “Why have you come?” Luna asked.

“Listen, I know I did questionably things...” Zuko began to say.

“We know.” Fire’ interrupted. “We lived throw some of them.”

“Barley.” Rainbow pointed out.

“I've been through a lot in the 11 years I was banished. It's been hard. But I'm realizing that I had to go through all those things to learn the truth. I thought I had lost my honor, and that somehow, my father could return it to me. But I know now that no one can give you your honor. It's something you earn for yourself, by choosing to do what's right. All I want to do now is play my part in ending this war, and I know my destiny is to help you restore balance to the world.”

“Even so,” Blitz began to say, “why should we trust you. For all we know, your dad could be on his way. Part of a plane you made.”

“I’m a traitor now, like my uncle, who escaped from his prison.”

“How did you become a traitor?” Agua asked.

“I confronted him, and told him what was on my mind. Then he used a lightning gun on.”

“That sounds like something the Fire Lord would do.” Shining said.

“How are you still alive?” Cadence asked, knowing they had to used the Spirit Water to bring Firebrand back.

“I used a technique my uncle taught me, a technique that redirects lightning.”

“A technique that allows firebenders to redirect lightning.” Fire’ said, unable to comprehend at the moment.

“Yes. He said that each element has it’s own strengths and weaknesses. Fire is strong against lightning.”

Fire's surprised face then quickly turns to one of rage. “Even still, you Fire Nation attacked Abysus and killed my father!”

Zuko then stares at Firebrand, confused for a moment. “I’m sorry, but the Fire Nation never attacked Abysus.”

Fire’ then looks at Terra. “Is he lying?”

“No. He’s telling the truth.” Terra said, surprising the group.

Fire’ then looks at Celestia for a moment. “You are welcome here, I will have a guard around you at all times until it is confirmed that this isn't a tricked.”

“Thank you, your Highness. I won't let you down. I promise.”

“Theres another catch.” Fire’ said, getting looks from everypony. “Lately, I notice my firebending has got out of control. You seem to be able to control it. And, like you said, there's a technique that redirects lightning. I want you to teach me some of these techniques.”

“I will. I’ll teach you what uncle taught me.” Zuko said.

==================================================================

Later, Zuko is shown to his room by Shining Armor. “So, here you go, home sweet home, I guess, you know, for now. Fire’s room is across the hall. Unpack? Dinner ... soon? Uhhh... welcome aboard?” Zuko then glances back and smiles at him. “Yeah.” Shining then walks out of the room and meets Cadence in the hallway. “Okay, this is really, really weird.”

“Completely.” Cadence said as they head to the doctor to check on the baby Cadence is pregnant with.

As Zuko is unpacking, he pulls out a picture of Iroh. He then has a flashback to 11 years ago, a week after he dueled his father.

==================================================================

Zuko and Iroh are at the Western Air Temple, looking for a clue to finding the Avatars. “If I have to, I will spend everyday of the rest of my life hunting the Avatars. I know it's my destiny to capture them.”

“You know Prince Zuko, destiny is a funny thing.” Iroh said to his nephew. “You never know how things are going to work out. But if you keep an open mind, and an open heart, I promise you will find your own destiny someday.”

==================================================================

Back in the present, Zuko suddenly notices a clearly disgruntled Twilight at the door. “You might have everyone else here buying your ... transformation, but you and I both know you've struggled with doing the right thing in the past.” Twilight said as she approaches him. “So let me tell you something, right now. You make one step backward, one slip-up, give me one reason to think you might hurt Firebrand, and you won't have to worry about your destiny anymore. Because I will make sure your destiny ends ... right then and there. Permanently.” Twilight then leaves and slams the door shut.