• Published 15th Jun 2012
  • 2,997 Views, 16 Comments

The Elements of Nature Book 3 - 气 (Air) - Superior-Doc-Fossil



One Avatar to go. Four Elements left.

  • ...
6
 16
 2,997

Chapter 11, Broken Dreams

The Elements of Nature
Book 3: 气 (Air)
Chapter 11, Broken Dreams

At the palace garden, the group is training. Twilight is practicing a new spell. Agua is practicing bending the water in plants with Hielo, like the humans of the Foggy Swamp and Huu showed her. Terra is still practicing and perfecting her metalbending. Zuko and Blitz are practicing a few new moves Blitz has, while Fire’ practices with his sword on a wooden dummy. Fire’ then remembers what Deker said to him. “‘Were both warped, twisted. Confused about what our destinies truly are and how to defined them.’

“Dude.” Rainbow said to Fire,’ snapping him out of it. “Dude, you just stopped. It was like you were a million miles away.”

“You okay?” Twilight asked.

“It was nothing.” Fire’ said. “I just ... have a lot on my mind, is all.”

“I think being captured by Deker has really gotten to you.” Lunar said.

“You can talk to us, Fire.’” Cadence said. “We’re here for you.”

“Oh, I can cook dinner tonight!” Agua said as quickly as she leaves.

“Uh oh.” Hielo said, remembering the last time Agua cooked dinner.

“Why ‘Uh oh’?” Blitz asked.

“Lets just say, the last time Agua cooked dinner for me and Arnook, our mouths were glued shut for a week.” Hielo said.

“So ... she’s a bad cook?” Twilight said.

“The worst.” Hielo answered. “I remember one time she made me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich omelet.”

“Blah.” The entire group said. “Did you tell her that she’s a horribly cook?” Rainbow asked.

“No. I don’t want to hurt her feelings.” Hielo said.

==================================================================

At the changeling hive, Chrysalis is punishing Hexe. “You failed me AGAIN!” Chrysalis said as she walks over to an injured Hexe, who's bleeding red blood, unlike the normally green blood of changelings. “ Hexe, I ordered you to destroy Deker! But you dare return without even attacking that dog! Why?!

“Ooh-ah-ooh, beating Deker isn't an easy thing to do!” Medizinisch said while defending Hexe. “Maybe she wasn't up to it. Tell the Queen your sorry, Hexe.” Medizinisch said as Hexe slowly sits upright.

No!” Hexe firmly said. “If your angry with me, then destroy me.”

“What did you say?!” Chrysalis said, clearly annoyed.

“You herd me. You never understand. Ever since I gave up my spirit to evil, I’ve experienced nothing but pain. Nothing but sorrow - century after century of constant heartache.” Hexe said as she retunes her Harmonium, which Chrysalis notices.

“Oh, really?” Chrysalis sarcastically said. “Then I guess you don’t need harmonium.” Chrysalis then takes Hexe’s instrument and uses a spell to set it on fire. She then tosses it across the chamber, shocking even Discord about this level of cruelty.

NO!” Hexe said as she quickly gets up and puts out the fire. “MY HARMONIUM! YOU'VE RUINED IT!” Hexe said as she begins to cry.

Chrysalis then walks over to her. “You chose to trade you spirit to darkness! That deal can’t be undone! It’s time for you to forget your pathetic past.”

“How could you do this to me?” Hexe said when she finally stops crying, thou she is still terry eyed. “I knew you were evil, but this! I have to get it fixed!” Hexe then leaves for Canterlot.

“Ooh-ah-ooh, come back Hexe!”

“She won’t get far.” Chrysalis said as she sits down. “Call in Stupor.”

“Him?” Medizinisch asked, knowing the changeling Stupor’s reputation.

“Oh! What are you gonna do?” Discord asked.

==================================================================

At the middle school the teen CMC are at, Sweetie Belle is stemming a guitar while other students are enjoying lunch, with Snips and Snails having tire table completely covered. “This is the most beautiful sight I have ever seen.” They both said at the same time before they dig in like pigs.

A portal then opens across the street near a market, and Hexe steps through. “How could she?” At the school, Sweetie begins to play, attracting a small croup, and catching Hexe’s attention. “Huh, music?” She then realizes something and pushes the crowd away and stops right in front of Sweetie Belle. “Hello.”

H-H-H-H-Hexe!” Sweetie said out of pure fear, remembering the last time she saw Hexe.

“Nice tune.” Hexe said as she picks Sweetie up and scares away some of the other students. Agua was heading back to the palace when she sees Hexe. “Your musical essence is just what I need to repair my instrument.” Hexe then grabs Sweetie. Agua then drops her grocery bags and goes elemental and charges at Hexe.

Let her go, or I’ll make you let her go!” Agua said as she pulls out her trident. Agua then tries to stab Hexe, but she manages to avoid each one, all the while holding a terrified Sweetie Belle.

Hexe then uses her magic to hold onto Agua’s trident for a second. “You want her so bad?” Agua then breaks free. “Here!” Hexe then tosses Sweetie at Agua, knocking both of them to the ground. Hexe then takes Sweetie again.

“Please, let me go.” Sweetie Belle quietly and worriedly said.

Not a chance, Sweetie! And don’t interfere, Water Avatar!” Hexe firmly said. Agua and Hexe then start the fight again.

You're not going anywhere with her!” Apple Bloom and Scootaloo said as they tackle Hexe. The four then take a stance to each other.

Just then, at the school, another portal opens and a changeling that has a small open bulge on its leg pops out. “Nighty-night!” The changeling said as he blows a mist from the bulge that puts all the students, Snips and Snails included, and some grown up ponies to sleep. Agua, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, Hexe, and Sweetie take notice of whats happening. They see a normal looking changeling, only with the bulge on his leg and some armor, walk up to them. “Sleep tight. Don’t let the bedbugs bite.”

“Stupor! What are you doing here?” Hexe said to the changeling.

“The Queen sent me!” Stupor answered. “It’s nap time for you!” Stupor then blows the mist at them. Agua, Scootaloo, and Apple Bloom get out-of-the-way while Hexe uses Sweetie as a living shield, causing her to fall asleep also.

Sweetie Belle!” Apple Bloom said as Hexe drops an unconscious Sweetie to the ground.

“This is Queen Chrysalis’ wake up call. I’m not coming back!” Hexe firmly said.

Just then, Fire’ arrives and fires a blast at Stupor. The others soon join him. “Sweetie!!!!” Rarity said when she sees Sweetie on the ground.

“Is she okay?” Rainbow asked.

“The Avatars!” Stupor annoyingly said. “Oh come on, I’m working here!” Stupor then takes out a club and tries to bash them, but he misses each one of them.

“Not much on depth perception, huh?” Blitz mockingly said.

As they fight, Hexe walks over to Sweetie, who Scootaloo and Apple Bloom have no idea that she’s in trouble due to them watching and hoping that the group won’t get hurt. “I have plans for you.” Hexe said as she picks up Sweetie and walks away. “It’s time to fix my Harmonium.”

“Die. Sweetie!” Rarity said as she goes after Hexe with Agua.

“Girls, wait!” Twilight said. But Stupor blows some mist her way, but Fire’ gets her out-of-the-way just in time. “Thanks, Brandy.”

“No problem, Twiley. Go help them.” Fire’ said. When Twilight leaves, Fire’ blushes when he realizes what Twilight just called him. Stupor then sends some of the group back a little.

“Time to turn out the lights!” Stupor said as he prepares his mist blower.

Not so fast, big butt!” Golden Rod said as he throws some knifes at Stupor and gets in between Stupor and the group with some royal guards.

“Golden Rod!” Fire’ said when he sees his old friend.

“Leave this to me.” Golden Rod said, turning his head for a second. But when GR turns his head back, Stupor blows some mist and sends him and the royal guards to sleep.

“Of course.” Blitz said when he sees the irony. Shining Armor, Celestia, Luna and Lunar then show up.

“What the hay just happened.” Shining asked.

“Not exactly for all of you to take a nap.” Fire’ said.

“And they won’t wake up, until I say so.” Stupor said to them. “Yum, the more they dream, the tastier the snake they’ll be for me and the other changelings.”

“Changeling. Do you really think were just gonna stand here and let that happen.” Celestia said.

“Of course not.” Stupor said. “I gulp down my and the others grub in the dream world. But I’ll let them marinate for a while. First things first. I’m gonna catch Die.” Stupor then jumps into a portal that leads to the dream world above Golden Rod. The portal then disappears.

“What the hay was that?” Applejack asked.

“An inter-dimensional portal.” Celestia said.

==================================================================

At Canterlot Park, Agua are fighting Hexe, who drop Sweetie on the grass. Rarity is busy trying to wake Sweetie up while Agua and Hexe fight. “You have an annoying habit of meddling in my affairs, Element of Water!”

“Keep being evil, and we’ll keep stopping you.” Agua said. Just then, a portal opens over Sweetie and Stupor pops out.

He then puts Rarity to sleep. “Nighty-night. Sleep tight, ladies.” Stupor then blows his mist at Hexe and Agua. “Pleasant dreams. But not for you, Hexe.” Agua then turns back to normal as Agua and Hexe roll down a hill, with Agua stopping one-second after Hexe. “That was easy! Me and the other changelings are gonna have enough food in the dream world to feast a whole week! But first, I’m gonna find the biggest and juiciest pony I can find there, one completely stuffed with love.” He then opens a portal above Rarity and jumps in. On the bottom of the hill, Agua tries to stay awake, but falls asleep.

==================================================================

At the royal archives, Bastion Yorsets is searching thought the archives about the changelings when he finds an entry about Stupor. “Celestia, that changeling is called Stupor. He puts his victims to sleep and enters into their dreams with other changelings of different classes.”

==================================================================

At the school, the group is looking around at all the sleeping ponies, while Celestia is talking on the phone with Bastion. “His victims than experience vivid fantasies, usually happy ones. Once devoured, his victims never wake up in the real world again.” When Bastion said that, Celestia’s calm face turns to one of worry. “Who knows how long until Stupor or other changelings will start eating their victims. You need to find and destroy him before it’s too late.

“Understood. Thank you Bastion.” Celestia then hangs up.

“Whats the deal?” Rainbow asked.

“We need to find a way to the dream world.” Celestia told her and the others.

“So we have to find our way to the dream world.” Blitz said.

“How the hay are we gonna do that?” Applejack asked.

“Me, Luna, Lunar, Shining, and Fire’ will open a portal to the dream world.” Celestia said as she walks over to Golden Rod. “I’m not sure how much energy it will take, which is why I want Luna, Lunar, Shining, and Firebrand to help. But we can do it.”

“I hope you’re right.” Scootaloo said.

“Wait, you two are not comin’!” Applejack said.

“But AJ, Sweetie is also trap in the dream world. We want to help her. Once a crusader, alway a crusader.” Apple Bloom said to her older sister.

“Fine.” AJ said.

==================================================================

In the dream world, Agua is preparing a dining table while humming to herself. “Who said I couldn't cook. Wait until they taste the gourmet meal I’ve made.” Agua said when she finishes. She then hears a faint cry and sees a small back void. She walks into it and sees Deker in his Unicorn form and a mare that's a younger version of Granny Smith, only a Unicorn with a red mane and tail and a harmonium for a cutie mark.

“Is that Deker?” Agua said when she notices that Deker has a suit on while the mare has a wedding dress. “Wedding dress?”

==================================================================

At the school, the Alicorns, Shining and Fire’ are preparing the spell. “I’m not sure we can keep the portal open for very long.” Celestia said as her horn begins to glow. “Jump in as soon as it opens.”

“Got it!” Rainbow said.

“Hang on Sweetie! Helps on the way!” Apple Bloom said as Celestia, Luna, Lunar, Fire’ and Shining cast the spell.

All five of them are grunting in pain as the spell begins to take its toll. Just before they faint, a portal opens above one of the guards. “GO!” Shining yelled. Applejack, Apple Bloom, Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo, Terra, Blitz, and Ar jump in right when the portal begins to close. After that, the three Alicorns and two Unicorns nearly faint and fall to the ground.

“Are you all right?” Fluttershy asked as she and Pinkie help Celestia get to her hoofs.

“Were fine.” Fire’ said. “Did they make it?”

“Yuper do!” Pinkie answered.

==================================================================

In the dream world, Applejack, Apple Bloom, Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo, Terra, Blitz, and Ar land in one pice. “Whooowee! It worked!” Applejack said. They then see that the dream world is just like the real world, only more grey and with ponies having dreams like Earth Ponies flying while Pegasi uses Unicorn magic.

“This is the dream world?” Ar asked. “It seams normal.”

“Yeah. Normal.” Rainbow said when she sees an Earth Pony act like a dog. They then walk near a lake when they hear...

Check this out.

“Golden Rod?” Apple Bloom said when they see Golden Rod with a large gold trophy.

I did it! World’s Biggest Fish of the Year!” He said as he uses his magic to lift up the trophy to show to the crowd.

“GR.” Applejack said when he group reach him. “You’re just dreaming, sugarcube.”

“Dude, this isn't real.” Rainbow said.

“What are you doing?” GR said as he walks down to them. “This is my golden moment.”

“Your in a changelings dream world.” Blitz said. “Nothing here is real.”

“Tell that to my trophy!” Golden Rod said. Applejack, Rainbow, Blitz and Terra then try to take the trophy from Golden Rod, hopping that will snap him out.

“Guys, stop!” Scootaloo said.

“This is not good.” Ar said.

“I say there, stop!” Apple Bloom and Scootaloo instantly recognize the voice and see Snips walking to them in a chariot being pulled by Snails. Snips also has samurai armor on, along with a samurai sword, while Snails is dressed like a Japanese peasant. “I am here to protect the innocent. I am dismounting.” Snips said as Snails helps him down, only for Snips to accidentally fall on Snails.

“Those two are still idiots even here.” Apple Bloom said.

Snips then quickly gets up. “Oh, good, I didn't hurt anything.”

“You hurt me, Samurai Snips.” Snails said as he gets up and takes the chariot away.

Just then, Stupor shows up and sees Snips. “Ah, tasty.” Stupor said when Snips takes notice. “You’ll make one heck of a lunch.”

“Please,” Snips said as he reaches for his sword, “I have come to destroy such creatures as your smelly, vile self.” When Snips tires to pull out his sword, it doesn't come out. Its stuck.

“Guys, we got trouble.” Scootaloo said as Snails runs up to Snips to help pull out the sword, to no avail.

“After the main course,” Stupor said when he sees Snails, “I’ll find room for you too, pipsqueak.”

Rainbow! AJ! Terra! Blitz!” Apple Bloom said as Snips and Snails begins to scream as Stupor walks closer. The group then charge at Stupor as he opens his mouth crazy wide to swallow Snips and Snails in the big bite. But before he could eat the two cowering Unicorn colts, the group tackle him.

Ar, Terra and Blitz then go element and take on a fighting stance. “What? The Avatars! And the Elements of Honesty and Loyalty!” Stupor said out of complete shock. “How did you get to my dream world? I didn't put you to sleep.”

“We’re crashing your slumber party.” Rainbow said.

“Thats right, we’re gonna give you a dose of reality.” Applejack said.

“Your dreaming!” Ar then blows a tornado at Stupor and sends him to the other side of the dream worlds Canterlot. The group then find him on the ground as he gets up. “Nice try, but guess what? Your on my turf now, and here we play by our rules. Ta-da!”

The ground below the group then lifts up and flips over, sending the group every which way. “Ow, my flank!” Rainbow said as she lands hard on the ground. She then notices something that completely terrifies her beyond comprehension. “MY WINGS!

“My wings are gone to!” Blitz and Scootaloo said at the same time.

Stupor then appears from a puff of smoke behind them, laughing. “In this world, I always win. I can do anything I dream of.” Just then, a large boulder appears net to the changeling. “You could say I’m on a roll.” The boulder then rolls to the group at a high-speed.

Terra tries to stop it, but ... “I can't bend it!

No way! Run!” Rainbow said as the group run for their lives.

“Talk about being between a rock and a hard place.” Blitz said as they run is circles to try to avoid the large rock. Rainbow and Applejack than stop to stop the boulder, but it just runs them over, making a *squish* sound, but they are still alive, just flatter than pancakes.

“Rainbow! Applejack!” Ar said as they fall off the bolder as it continues to chase the group.

As they run, Apple bloom realizes something. “Wait, y’all!” She then stops and feces the oncoming boulder. “This is our dream world too, right?”

“Yeah.” The entire group, except Ar, said.

“I got a plan. Time for some soccer.” Apple Bloom then grows to the size of a Ursa Minor.

“Epic, Apple Bloom!” Scootaloo said as Apple Bloom the kicks the bolder, which turns into a soccer ball, along with Terra.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa!” Stupor menage to say before the giant soccer ball hits him, followed by Terra landing on his stomach.

The rest of the group then arrive. “Now that were getting a hang of this dream world, were getting a kick out of it.” Rainbow said.

“What a snooze!” Stupor said out of despair. “I’m out of here.” Stupor then makes a run for it.

“Let’s get him.” Applejack said as they give chase.

==================================================================

At Canterlot Park, Agua and Hexe are still asleep as Twilight looks for them. “Agua! Rarity! Where are you? It feels like I’ve been running around in circles. Where could they be?” Twilight said as she keeps searching.

==================================================================

In Agua’s part of the dream world, she sees Deker and the green mare enter a small shake. The two then kiss. “I have a wedding gift for you.” The mare said. Agua then sees Hexe crying at the sight.

“ Hexe. This must be her dream.” The mare goes to one side of the shake while Deker goes to the other side. The mare then pulls out a samurai sword. “For my brave samurai.” The mare said as she turns around with the sword. She then sees Deker with a guitar for her. This both shocks and pleases the mare.

Agua then realizes something. “Hexe and Deker were married.” Agua then smiles at the sight. But her smile leaves when she sees the shake the younger Hexe and Deker are in beginning to catch on fire.

The crackling causes Hexe to wake up. “Deker!” The young Hexe said as their home begins to burn down. Later, after both Deker and Hexe escape, Deker is lying on the ground, coughing while he holds Hexe’s hoof. Both of them have burns on them. “Please.” The young Hexe said. “Someone hear my call.

Just then, a large changeling that looks like a male version of Chrysalis, only with larger wings and a stronger build, appears. It’s King Mantises. The young Hexe just stares at him with shock and hatred. “I can save him ... for a price.” He said.

“Please.” The young Hexe begged.

“Simply trade your ponydom for an eternity with the changelings.” Hexe then looks at her injured husband as he begins to fade. “Make up your mind. He’s fading fast.”

After a moment, Hexe comes to her decision. “I accept.”

“Then move away from him.” Hexe does so and moves a few feet away. “You have made your choice.” Mantises then casts a spell on Deker, saving him. Hexe then grabs her wedding present as she watches. “He shall live ... but as a cursed half-pony and half-changeling with no memory of you.”

“What?” Hexe said out of disbelief. “No! You tricked me!” Hexe said as Mantis disappears while laughing. Deker then gasps and slowly gets up. He then turns into his changeling form and screams before disappearing. Hexe then turns around as a green fire engulfs her. When it disappears, she’s now in her changeling form. She then begins to cry.

“ Hexe, no wonder you're so tormented.” Agua thought to herself out of pity.

==================================================================

In the real world, a portal appears above Sweetie Belle. Applejack, Apple Bloom, Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo, Terra, Blitz, and Ar then jump out with Stupor. “Got you!” Both Applejack and Rainbow said.

After they land, Applejack, Apple Bloom, Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo, Terra, Blitz, and Ar take on fighting stances while Stupor gets up from the ground. “You made me miss my snake!

“Were putting your big butt on a diet!” Blitz said as Terra charges at Stupor. He tries to blow some sleep mist, but Terra ducks and, using her scythe, cuts off Stupor’s Mist Blower, along with part of his leg.

My Mist Blower!” Stupor said out of despair as it lands, now completely useless. “That means all my sleeping snakes will wake up!” As the group fight Stupor, Sweetie and Rarity wake up and see whats happening.

“Come on sis, let help.”

“Right, Sweetie. Lets help.” Rarity and Sweetie then punch Stupor in the gut when they get the chance.

“Your going to bed without your supper, creep!” Scootaloo said.

“Were about to dash your dreams.” Rainbow said as she breaks Stupor’s leg.

Blitz then prepares to fire a lighting bolt at Stupor. “Say buy-buy.” Blitz said as he prepares to fire.

“Your off target, and I’m out of here!” Stupor said as Blitz fires. A portal then appears below Stupor and jumps in, barely missing the bolt of lightning.

“Oh, we just miss him.” Applejack said.

“So close!” Rainbow said.

==================================================================

At the school, all the students begin to wake up, including Golden Rod and the guards. GR then notices his trophy is gone. “Where’s my trophy?”

“Golden Rod.” Fire’ said behind him.

“Fire.’ Shining. Celestia. Luna. Lunar. What happened?” Golden Rod asked.

“You were trapped in the dream world.” Celestia said.

“Applejack, Apple Bloom, Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo, Terra, Blitz, and Ar went in and saved you.” Lunar finished.

“Yeah, they were there.” GR said as he gets up.

Right above them, Medizinisch appears. “Ooh-ah-ooh. Fire Avatar, now I got you.” He said as he sees the royal guards, Golden Rod, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie help Celestia, Luna, Lunar, Shining, and Fire’ get on their hoofs. “This is the perfect time to put an end to your sealing spell for good.”

Just then, some changeling drones appear around the group. “Uh-oh, we’ve got bad company.” Golden Rod said.

“We need to take care of these guys fast.” Fire’ said as he goes Elemental.

Golden Rod then takes out his Avatar Morpher. “Alright, buddy. Lets do this together, just like when we were foals playing in your backyard. The six of us, mines Pinkie and Fluttershy here of course, against he bugs. Gold Power!" Golden Rod then turns into his elemental form. "Are you sure your up to this?”

“I’ve got no choice.” Fire’ said as they fight the changelings. Golden Rod quickly takes care of most of the drones while Fire’ burns others.

“I’m sick and tired of you ugly bugs getting though my SHIELD!” Shining said as he fires a laser blast at the remaining bugs.

==================================================================

At the spot Agua and Hexe are at, Agua begins to wake up. “Was I dreaming?” She quietly said. She then hears crying and sees Die behind her. “ Hexe?” She then remembers what she saw in the dream world. “And Deker?” Agua the slowly gets up.

“Even now, how I miss you.” Hexe said. Agua the walks a little bit to Hexe until she steps on a branch, alerting Hexe to her present. “I see, I thought I sensed someone or something in my dream.” Hexe said as she gets up and turns around. “It was you. You had no right to spy on me.” Hexe then takes out her dagger. Agua then grabs her trident, but stops. “Lost your nerves, Avatar?”

“Is it too late for you to return to your pony form?” Agua asked with sympathy.

“Your so naive that you would seek the save me rather than destroy me?” Hexe said. “I don’t need your pity.” Hexe then attacks, but Twilight takes the hit instead when she ran up.

“Twilight!” Agua said as she runs over to a bleeding Twilight as Hexe leaves.

“I have no time for this.” Hexe said as she leaves.

To think I wanted to help you.” Agua said as she uses her healing to help Twilight.

==================================================================

At a storage area of Canterlot, Fire,’ Shining and Golden Rod limply walk to some crates and sit down, with Celestia, Luna, Lunar, Pinkie, Fluttershy and the guards following. “Good job.” Fire’ said to GR. “Just like old times.”

“Are you okay?” Fluttershy asked.

“Every muscle hurts.” Golden Rod said. Just then...

“Uh-oh.” Pinkie said. “I feel a combo coming on.” Pinkie’s tail than twitches, flowed by eye flutter and ear flapping.

“Combo?” Celestia said. “Does that have something to do with your Pinkie Scene Twilight told me about?”

“Yuper do!” Pinkie then gets a pinchy knee. “Looks like something scary is going to happen after the unexpected thing.”

“Wait, a twitchy tail, flowed by eye flutter and then ear flapping, means something unexpected is going to happen.” Fire’ said. Just then, a garage door opens as a pony in heavy black boots walks to the middle, catching the group's attention, with Fluttershy hiding behind a Unicorn guard. They see that the pony also has a white rob and a katana.

Golden Rod then realizes who it is as the pony stops in the middle of the opening door. It’s Deker. “Oh, no, not him again.” Golden Rod said. Fire’ then gets up and walks a little bit to Deker. “Fire,’ what do you think you're doing?” GR said as he follows Firebrand along with Lunar and a Pegasus guard.

“Why do you want to fight him now?” Lunar asked Deker while Golden Rod helps keep Fire’ standing. “Why?” Lunar said as Deker pulls out his Uramasa and points it at Fire.’