• Published 7th Mar 2016
  • 811 Views, 23 Comments

Equestria Crossover Confusion 2 HFC- Time to Duel! - Garfield23



The first two of Beerus's twisted game are chosen to participate in the Duellist Universe Tournament. Their opponents will both be friends and rivals but can friendship be established to rescue the first Hostage of Beerus

  • ...
4
 23
 811

Chapter 9- Double Duel!

“Yug, you realise what will happen if Yusei and his partner win? You only have two star chips” Joey looked at Yugi, as they planned for their duel against Yusei and whoever he chose to be his partner “Then…you’ll be knocked out” he couldn't explain why but the way he’d seen Akiza, Crow, Jack, Luna and Leo duel made him suspect this duel would be their toughest yet.

Yugi frowned, slowly nodding but then he smiled saying “Joey, relax, every duel is a risk but we need to reach the finals, right?” to which Joey nodded but didn’t seem too convinced “We’ll win and then we’ll be one step closer to finals. Besides, your forgetting Yusei only has two Star chips too, so if we win, he’ll be out and it’ll make it easier to save our world”

Twilight sat hiding her face in shame against her knees, as Fluttershy and Basil tried to convince her to forgive herself, that her defeat wasn't the end of the world but it didn't seem anything they could say was getting through. Fluttershy finally sighed and said to Basil “I wish....some pony like Applejack or Rainbow Dash were here, they’d be able to get through to her…I’m just…not” she looked at her own hands with frustration and then hugged Basil “How can we win the tournament all alone?!”

Basil put his arms around her encouragingly but knew, Fluttershy’s despair likely came from Twilight’s own feeling of despair “Good gracious, ma lady! Your selling yourself short! We just need to believe we can win!” he couldn't admit to Fluttershy that their chances weren't all that good, they were beginners, rookies and they were taking on champions but to admit defeat now, would simply not do “Come on, Twilight, your better than this”

Twilight numbly shook her head and mumbled into her knees “I could have done a lot better!”

Basil snapped “Oh balderdash! You tried your best?” to which Twilight nodded “Then you gave all you could! No one has a right to ask more of you than that!” he sighed kindly as he sat next to Twilight and patted her on the back “Now why don’t you take these Starchips and we’ll get you to the finals!” however Twilight moved away and turned her back to them.

Fluttershy looked across to the duelling area, judging by the sun, this would be the last duel of the day and Yusei stood with his partner, Akiza. Fluttershy found that odd, as Jack and Crow had seemed so eager to face Yugi, taking into account the row they’d had that argument and now seemed ready to duel. Joey and Yugi walked up ready to duel as well “Good luck, Joey!” Fluttershy called quietly.

Basil realizing he’d failed to motivate Twilight, smiled as he walked up to Fluttershy’s ear and whispered “You certainly seem fond of, sir Wheeler?” he asked as Fluttershy turned away with a smile “He is certainly a gentlemen to offer such help. With the stakes the way they are, aye wat!” Fluttershy nodded her agreement.

The duellists drew their cards, with Akiza being allowed to take the first move, she smiled her hand looked very strong, she looked to Yusei who seemed totally consumed by the hand he hand but Akiza knew he was just ignoring her. They had drawn lots to see who’d get to partner Yusei and she’d won “I summon Wall of Ivy in defence mode!” the monster appeared as the ivy formed it’s defensive position. Akiza then yelled “I’ll also place two cards face down! Your move!”

“If Plants is all you got…this duel will be over soon!” Joey smirked, he looked at his hand and said “I play Scapegoat! Then I’ll play a monster in face down defence mode! Followed by a face down card!” Joey looked at Yusei, something about Yusei’s focused look gave Joey a thrill, Yusei was clearly a skilled player and Joey couldn’t wait to see what he had up his sleeve “I end my turn there!”

Yusei drew a card from his deck and frowned, his hand wasn’t the best but hopefully, he’d be able to hold out long enough to summon something strong “I summon Shield Warrior, in defence mode and then I set a card. Turn end!”

Yugi, who had already switched with Atem looked across at Yusei “What a shame Yusei, I expected more from you” he drew his card and yelled “I start with two face downs and then I summon Queen’s knight in attack mode!” the warrior monster appeared with a flourish of her blade “I’ll then pass onto you, Akiza!”

Jack frowned “Hmmm the field is certainly full of traps, it would seem Yugi and Joey have three and Akiza and Yusei have four. It’ll probably be unsafe for anyone to attack” he said to Crow who nodded “Still, from what I know about Joey, he’ll probably take the risk but the rest might play it safe”

Crow nodded again “I think it’ll depend on Joey’s hand, weather he’ll attack or not” he said calmly as Fluttershy walked over “Hey, how’s Twilight doing?” Fluttershy sadly shook her head “Man, she really likes to beat herself up. What a princess…what?!” he caught the look on

Fluttershy’s face which was a little shocked “Oh come on, she’s not really a princess is she?”

Luna looked at Twilight with a concerned look “She must be under a lot of pressure” she said in a worried tone.

“Well I hate to break it to you, Luna! We’re all under a lot of pressure! What part of the world blowing up did you miss?! I mean it’s totally crazy!” Leo exclaimed as he went a mile a minute.

Crow then snapped “Leo! Cool it! Drawing attention to the issue! Doesn’t help the issue!” he then turned to the field “Looks like Akiza’s ready to make her move”

Akiza’s look fell upon the four scape goats and the monster Joey had in defence mode, she could destroy Yugi’s monster but that facedown monster could be a threat and she couldn’t allow that threat to be ignored “I’ll sacrifice my wall of ivy to summon Gigaplant!” the massive plant monster appeared roaring out its battle cry “Now attack, Joey’s facedown monster!” the monster launched it’s razor sharp barbs at Joey’s monster, Joey Panther Warrior appeared hiding behind it’s shield but then it stopped short “What the?!”

“You activated my trap! Spellbinding Circle!” Yugi yelled as Gigaplant’s points were lowered by 700 points “Joey! I do believe now’s your chance!”

“You got it, Yug! My turn?!” Joey yelled as Akiza nodded to mark the end of her turn “I’ll switch Panther Warrior to attack mode and then sacrifice one of scapegoats! So he can attack!” Panther Warrior charged forward, Gigaplant squirmed trying to escape but then “Is that a second monster?”

“No, Scrap iron Scarecrow!” Yusei declared as Panther Warrior’s attack failed as it’s sword clashed with the scarecrow “Sorry, Joey, better luck next time!”

Joey groaned “I’ll end my turn by summoning Gearfried the iron knight” the warrior monster appeared in attack mode alongside Panther Warrior. Joey nodded to Yusei “I think it’s your move!”

Yusei smiled “Thank you” he then looked at his hand with a calm look “I think for this move, I’ll summon Shield Wing in defence mode and that’s it” his smile seemed content but Yugi wasn’t sure what to make of it as he drew a card and stared at Yusei “Problem, Yugi?”

“No, I summon King’s Knight in attack mode!” Yugi yelled as the warrior appeared raising his sword high into the air, which Queen’s Knight copied and two joined their swords “Since I control both King and Queen’s knight, I’m automatically allowed to summon my Jack’s knight!” the third warrior appeared on the field with a smile “Now Queen’s knight attack Shield wing!”

Yusei watched with an amused chuckle as Queen’s knight failed “Sorry Yugi, twice per turn Shield wing cannot be destroyed by battle”

Yugi’s glance however had switched targets, Akiza’s Gigaplant currently only had 1700 attack points, so if he could destroy it then his king’s knight could launch a direct attack and he smiled “Fine then I’ll attack Gigaplant with my Jack’s Knight!” Jack’s Knight charged dodging Gigaplant’s attempts to defend itself.

“I don’t think so go Scrap iron scarecrow!” Yusei declared as his trap was sprung.

“NO, it can’t be!” Joey yelled as the attack failed “Yusei! You cheated, you can’t activate a trap more than once! Unless you have doubles of that card!” however Yugi and Joey then witnessed the trap return to the face down position “Yug, what are we supposed to do about a trap like that?”

Yugi smiled “That’s a very interesting trap you have there, Yusei” he said with a friendly thumbs up. He then frowned “Sorry to say, can’t have it staying on the field thou” he activated his trap “Dust Tornado! This trap destroys, one spell or trap card and allows to set a trap!” the dust tornado ripped through the scrap iron scarecrow and Yugi set a card face down and then knew he couldn’t do anything further “Sorry, Joey, I did my best but I end my turn” Joey gave Yugi the thumbs up, Akiza drew a card and from the look on her face this duel was about to get a little bit wild.

Fluttershy watched the exchange with a mixture of interest, excitement and fear “Oh my!” she gasped as she watched “They’re really good aren’t they?”

Crow nodded and said “Well from where we’re from Yugi and Joey are a bit of a legend. Their duels are recorded as some of the most intense! Yusei and Akiza are both formidable duellist” he then paused as he looked at Jack who was frowning “Hey, what’s wrong Jack are you still cross you didn’t get your shot at the king of games?”

Jack let out a laugh before saying “Don’t pretend you weren’t wanting a chance to test your moves against Yugi or Joey” as he gave Crow a slap on the back “Still I’m concerned, do you think Akiza’s head is in the game? She still seems upset that Yusei….”

Basil chucked “Balderdash! I can see the fire in those eyes from here, none of them are willing to give an inch and this duel is clearly going to be jolly tight!” he said as he looked at Jack, he then heard footsteps walking closer and turned to see Twilight watching the duel with interest “So are you feeling more like yourself aye missy? Aye what!” Twilight remained silent “Bally rude not to answer the question don’t you know!”
Fluttershy tapped him on the elbow and said “Basil, maybe we should give her some space?” she then turned back to the duel as Akiza began her move “So what can she do about that spellbinding circle?” she asked Crow “I mean she has got to have a way….doesn’t she?” Crow and Jack both nodded.

“I’ll use Gigaplant’s special effect to special summon Dandylion and then I’ll normal summon Copy plant!” Akiza declared as the two monsters appeared on the field “I’ll then use copy plant’s effect to copy Panther Warrior’s level!” copy plant changed into a copy of Panther Warrior and then Akiza smiled “I’ll then synchro summon, Black Rose Dragon!” the massive dragon appeared roaring and looked at Joey’s monsters with interest “When Dandylion leaves the field I get to summon two fluff tokens!” the two tokens appeared on the field in defence mode.

“Woah Yug! That dragon looks seriously bad!” Joey said with a look at the dragon “It’s as strong as my Red Eyes!”

“Well, Yugi is the one who has to fear my Black Rose, because it’s attacking his Queen’s Knight!” Akiza declared “Black Vining bloom!” the dragon’s long thorny vines grabbed Queen’s knight but suddenly a chain wrapped around Black Rose’s neck and dragged it down into defence mode. Queen’s knight was freed from the vines and looked at Panther Warrior holding the chain with a smile “What happened?!” Akiza said in alarm.

“Sorry, you activated my trap card Kunei with chain! When activated I can activate both effects, switching your monster’s mode and raising my Panther Warrior’s attack points!” Joey declared as Queen’s knight landed. Akiza nodded to Joey marking the end of her turn “Alright my move!” he then looked at Yugi who nodded his support “Gearfried, attack Black Rose with your steel sword!” Gearfried launched forward, slashed Black Rose Dragon across the head and Akiza glowered at Joey “Now Panther Warrior, I’ll sacrifice one scapegoat and have my panther warrior attack your Gigaplant with double slash!” Panther warrior now had 800 more attack points than Gigaplant as it dodged round it’s vines but then Panther warrior stopped short “Huh?!”

“Sorry Joey, I activated my trap, Defence Draw!” Yusei declared as he showed his trap “It stops your attack and lets me draw one card!” he drew the card and said “I’m sorry Joey….your about to lose!”

“Huh!? I’m ready for you bring it on!” he looked at his hand and said “I summon Little Winguard in defence mode and that ends my turn!”

Yusei drew a card from his deck and said “I summon Nitro Synchron in attack mode, I’ll then play the spell card, Card Destruction!” everyone send their hand to the graveyard and Yusei continued “I’ll then use Akiza’s Gigaplant to special summon my level eater!” Gigaplant’s level dropped by one as a the little insect monster appeared in defence mode “And then with Akiza’s permission, I’ll use Nitro Synchron to give Gigaplant a tune up!” which Akiza nodded to “I summon Nitro Warrior!” the massive warrior monster appeared “I’ll then play spell card Reinforcements of the army which will raise Nitro Warrior’s attack points by 1000 points!”

“Oh my jolly goodness!” Basil exclaimed as Nitro Warrior appeared on the field “That Yusei fellow certainly has some jolly powerful monsters!”

Yusei then said “I’ll use Nitro Warrior to attack Panther warrior!” Nitro Warrior flew towards Panther Warrior who roared as Nitro Warrior’s attack struck. Joey’s life points went down by twelve hundred but then Yusei said “When Nitro Warrior destroys a monster and inflicts damage to the player, I am then allowed to select one of my opponent’s monsters to switch to attack mode and attack a second time, sorry Joey I select your scapegoat token!” Joey watched in horror as Scapegoat switched to attack mode “Now Nitro Warrior attack, with your Dynamite crunch!”

Joey cried out “NO!” but it was too late, his life points dropped to zero “Yug, I’m so sorry”

Yugi shook his head “Don’t worry about it Joey, I’ll win it for the both of us!” he said as Yusei’s turn ended “My move! I’ll play Monster reborn, to summon Dark Magician girl, I send her to my graveyard when Yusei played Card Destruction and then I’ll play pot of greed, this lets me draw two cards!” Yugi drew his cards as Dark Magician Girl appeared on the field doing a V victory sign across her face.

“Huh, I don’t get it! What good will that do Dark Magician girl’s attack points don’t come close to Nitro Warrior’s attack points!” Leo said confused by Yugi’s moves “I mean unless he gets the perfect draw….I don’t see how he could win!”

Twilight now on her feet said “This is only the beginning of his move” she watched Yugi with wide eyes, she then smiles and says “You can tell by that smile!”

Yugi then yelled “I’ll follow that by playing Sage’s stone! When Sage’s Stone is played and there is a Dark Magician Girl on the field, it allows me to summon Dark Magician!” the Dark Magician Girl gasped in joy, as Dark Magician appeared looking cross at Nitro Warrior “Now it’s time for a magic trick, I’ll start by playing Mystic Box, first my Dark Magician closes the doors on my Dark Magician Girl as swords rain from the sky!” Dark Magician girl stepped into the box, followed by Dark Magician closing the box, the swords appeared and stabbing the box.

“What the!? You’ve lost your mind! Why would you kill your own monster like that!” exclaimed Akiza looking at the box containing the Dark Magician Girl with shock but then she saw a second box appear around Yusei’s Shield Wing “What the?!” but then the second box opened and Dark Magician Girl leapt out giggling “Then….that means!” the first box opened revealing shield wing full of swords “I can’t believe I fell for that!”

Yugi smiled with satisfaction and yelled “I then sacrifice both magicians to summon the Sorcerer Of Dark Magic!” lightning struck the ground as the Sorcerer appeared and looked across at Yusei’s Nitro warrior “And I still have my normal summon, so I summon Celtic Guardian!”
Yusei frowned and said “Well Yugi you certainly have quite a lot of monsters” he sighed before smiling “Sorry Akiza, I think I let us down”

“Sorcerer, celestial blast attack!” Yugi declared as the Sorcerer launched an attack that destroyed Nitro Warrior in a fiery inferno “Now Jack’s Knight attack Shield Warrior!” the attack struck with a almighty blow that defeated Shield warrior when Jack’s Knight’s sword shattered his shield “Now Celtic Guardian attack Yusei’s level Eater” Yusei’s bug didn’t stand a chance as Celtic Guardian cut it down “King’s Knight attack Yusei directly” Yusei frowned as his life points hit 1900 “That’ll do for now!”

Basil smiled before wiping his brow “That was jolly close, I thought Yugi had that Yusei bang to rights but my math has never been that good…unless it comes to food!” he said but then turned serious “Shame to say but I think Yugi has had his last chance!”

Akiza drew a card from her deck and said “I play Lightening vortex!” the spell ripped through Yugi’s monsters before Akiza said “I then play monster reborn and…” she paused she wanted to be kind, Yugi was a friendly induvial and it didn’t seem fair but she decided to take it easy “I summon Dark Magician Girl!” Dark Magician Girl appeared and looked at Akiza with a searching look but smiled sadly “Attack dark magic attack!” Yugi’s life points hit 2000.

“Akiza! How dare you! You could have revived Yusei’s Nitro Warrior….why did you take it easy on me?!” Yugi demanded clearly insulted “My face down could not stop your attack and now you have left your team mate to finish me off”

Yusei however said “It’s okay, my move. I summon Junk Synchron and this lets me special summon Shield wing. Now my Junk Synchron can give my Shield Wing a tune up” the two monster rose into the air and Yusei continued speaking “Yugi, we defeated Paradox but here I must be the one to defeat you! I synchro summon Junk Warrior!” Yusei paused, Yugi was a friend, a rival, yes but could he go through with it?

Yugi smiled impressed “Go ahead Yusei attack!”

Twilight watching at the side lines saw Yugi’s expression and said “He…isn’t scared…then what right do I have to be scared?” she then turned to Basil “I want you to carry on in my place through the tournament Basil in my place. I think….I’m ready to move on though”

“Jolly good” Basil said patting her on the back.

“Junk Warrior attack with Scrap fist!” Yusei yelled, Junk Warrior flew forward and punched Yugi. The life point metre hit zero. Yugi and Joey were defeated, while Joey had four star chips, Yugi only had two and therefore was out. Beerus watching the duel from afar frowned at the result but then the bell rang to mark the end of the first day “Good duel, Yugi”

Author's Note:

So this was an interesting chapter to write… because I think we all wanted to see Yugi win! Sorry I went through a dozen scenarios in my mind and Yugi lost nine of them. Yusei’s deck is also hard to remember what half the traps and spells he uses. I hope the result is okay. I hope the inclusion of so many pictures is okay?

Please Remember to like, review and have a nice day!