• Published 7th Mar 2016
  • 811 Views, 23 Comments

Equestria Crossover Confusion 2 HFC- Time to Duel! - Garfield23



The first two of Beerus's twisted game are chosen to participate in the Duellist Universe Tournament. Their opponents will both be friends and rivals but can friendship be established to rescue the first Hostage of Beerus

  • ...
4
 23
 811

Chapter 10- Time to raise the stakes

“This must be the place” Joey said as the group walked into a large building complex, they had been searching for the accommodation for an hour and finally they found it. The large building had been invisible until the bell had rung, it looked for all the world like a five star hotel, the entrance way had many different shops, they looked around before their eyes fell on Beerus standing looking at them with a massive grin and Joey said darkly “What do you want?”

“I thought I’d come down, to spend time with the people in my little tournament and sample the many earthly delights being sold here” he explained as he looked around “Oh before I forget, everything here is free, so help yourselves and relax. Just don’t annoy me or I’ll have to destroy you” he flew away to a food shop selling many different cakes “Ooo this one has Pineapple”

Fluttershy sighed and said in a small voice “It’s hard to believe he’s the same one who has threatened our worlds” she then shrugged and walked over to a shop. As the group began to split up Twilight found herself standing next to Yugi.

“Um….I watched you duel…you really inspired me” Twilight said in a calm tone but her respect for Yugi was hard to express “Could you help Fluttershy and Basil?” to which Yugi smiled and shook his head “What?! But why?!”

“Because Basil wants you to take his place” Yugi said smiling at her “You can’t let the fear of defeat dominate your life. I let the fear of hurting people dominate me, it nearly lost me everything but what I learned from the experience is to trust my friend” he gave the millennium puzzle a small tap as he spoke and then admitted “It’s kind of strange to have this back” he smiled as the pharaoh nodded behind him within his mind.

Twilight nodded and sighed “I know I should duel again but you saw how well Basil did…maybe it’d be better if he did continue in the tournament in my place?” but she then noticed Yugi shake his head “Why shouldn’t he?!” she exclaimed angry by how mysterious Yugi was being.

Yugi simply said “Whis let him win”

Fluttershy sat at a table eating a salad slowly, she was only a few feet from Beerus who was now eating a few cakes to himself but he seemed to be ignoring her. Joey then walked up with a cheese burger and some French fries and sat across from her “So you gonna change that deck of yours? I found a card shop on the next floor and according to the owner told me, Beerus is paying for all the cards we want, I mean when Beerus said everything was free I didn't think he meant the cards too but we’d better find out what style suits ya!” he said as he began to eat his food slowly.

Beerus then turned and said “Do I hear a conflict of interest? Remember Mr Wheeler, you’re the only one left from your world in this competition and it would be a shame to take your star chips away” he then smacked his lips “This pudding is simply divine! Anyway you can’t interfere with another duellist’s deck or you’ll be disqualified!”

“Says the guy who gave her a deck that’s totally unusable!” Joey snapped and then added “Besides we just want to give her a chance!”

Beerus smirked as he rose to his feet to look Joey in the face “Oh, we? Are we sure? There isn’t another reason you’re wanting to help her? Maybe you see something of yourself in her and maybe…”

“No! It’s just the right thing to do! Her world is in just as much danger as mine and…” he looked at her before adding “I want a fair duel from her…I want to meet her in the finals!”

Basil ran up holding a great assortment of his favourite foods and snapped “You blaggard! How dare you question, Mr Wheeler’s intentions? He just wants to see justice done….unlike you, your hosting a tournament, just for jollies!”

Beerus looked calmly at Basil before saying “I am hosting this tournament, how’d you put it, more than just for jollies and besides it’s just a curious little question. Surely there’s no harm in that?” with that Beerus flew away with a slight laugh.

“What a jerk?” Joey said as he grabbed his burger and took a big bite but chewed quite slowly before saying through his food “We gotta work out a way for you to be able to duel properly, Fluttershy”

“Quite” Basil said as he too began to eat but then took pause and said “Well my deck seems okay…maybe we can combine mine with Fluttershy’s deck and then we can rock paper scissor to decide who carries on?” he smiled clearly thrilled with the idea “What do you think Mr Wheeler?”

“Well we’ll have to check with Yug and Yusei but if they give it the green light….then the holder of the deck will have a chance!” Joey said with a smile “What do you think, Fluttershy?”

“I…think it’s an okay idea” Fluttershy mumbled as she poked her salad and sighed “But maybe we should just combine the decks and let Basil win the tournament? I’m no good at it” she looked at her hands as she trembled to hold back the tears, remembering her defeat to Akiza.

“No. Don’t you say that Miss Fluttershy!” Basil snapped looking furious “You can’t just abandon the cause because you don’t have any dashed respect for yourself!” he took a deep breath and added “You are better than that!”

“Oh, okay….then I’ll do my best!” Fluttershy said with a small smile but her eyes stills showed the sign that she wanted to quit “So where do we start?”

“We start with making your deck usable and then…” Joey began but then he noticed Kaiba walking up and said “What do you want Kaiba?”

Kaiba smiled “We thought we’d offer our help, since you Wheeler are still in the tournament and it just wouldn’t be fair on her. To have an enemy know her deck” he said, before two more people walked up Luna and Leo “These two also insisted upon helping, we got a wide selection of cards from the shop upstairs and hopefully these should help. Oh and Mr um Hare, could you go with Wheeler and get us something to drink?” and so after Joey and Basil had walked away. Kaiba, Leo and Luna got to work helping Fluttershy’s new deck, teaching her how to use it and finally after a few hours of work, Fluttershy had a deck that had the best possible combination of cards and then Kaiba said “Time to put it to the test” After some practise duels, Fluttershy had succeeded in winning her first duel against Leo and Kaiba smiled “Good hopefully with some luck….you’ll be able to get to the finals” the best part of the new deck was that none of the cards were the same.

“Thew, that was tough” Leo said with a cocky grin but he then looked at Kaiba “I also can’t believe we totally got to build a new deck with a total legend of Duel Monsters” Kaiba laughed and Leo smirked “Hey! Bet you can’t beat me in a duel?”

“Ha, I’d have more of a challenge duelling Mokuba” Kaiba said with a laugh, in truth Leo reminded him of Mokuba a little bit and he added “But alright. I’ll take you both on. You’ll both start with 4000 life points and I’ll start with 8000” he activated his duel disc and the twins activated theirs.

Joey walked over with a smile and sat next to Fluttershy “Kaiba maybe a jerk but he’s a softie at heart” he said as he looked at the completed deck on the table “So you ready?” Fluttershy nodded with a smile.

Leo drew a card and said “Alright, I’ll start with Morphtronic Celfon in attack mode and now for his dial up ability!”

Kaiba smiled and said “Hmm interesting. I can’t wait!”

“Well you won’t be disappointed, Mr Kaiba, Sir! Because Celfon dials a number and based on what number it lands on that’s the number of cards I reveal from my deck and if there happens to be a Morphtronic monster among them, I get to summon it right away!” Leo explained and Luna visibly sighed as Celfon’s dial landed on one “A 1, aw man!” Leo revealed the card but he smiled “Alright I summon Morphtronic Magnen! In attack mode! Turn over!”

Luna drew a card and said “I set a card face down and summon Regulus in defence mode!” she then nodded to Kaiba “Your move”

Kaiba smiled and said “Alright I’ll start with the spell card, Pot of Greed, this lets me draw two cards and next I’ll summon X-head Cannon in attack mode. Before setting two cards face down!” he then paused before saying “I hope to see your best”

“My move! I’ll use Celfon’s ability to go for a dial up!” Leo declared as he drew a card and watched as Celfon dialled up a “3?! Okay!” Leo looked at the top three cards from his deck and said “I summon a second Morphtronic Magnen in defence mode and then I’ll switch my first Magnen to defence mode! When I have two Magnen on the field in defence mode you can’t attack my monsters!”

“Hmmm just great” Kaiba smirked as he observed the field in front of him.

“My turn” Luna said calmly as she drew a card from her deck and paused as she looked at her hand. She seemed to be trying to make a decision and then she said “I summon Fairy Archer in attack mode!” the monster appeared and Luna added “Now since I have two light monsters on the field, I can use Fairy Archers special effect to dish out 400 points of damage for each! With Regulus that’s a total of 800!” Kaiba’s life points dropped and Luna said “I’ll end my turn”

“Play time’s over” Kaiba said calmly as he drew a card and paused as he too began to think “I’ll play tribute to the doomed! To activate this card I have to discard a card and then I can destroy one monster” thick bandages wrapped around one of the Magnen and it was dragged to the grave “And I’m not done, I’ll then activate the trap card, Call of the Haunted to revive Y-Dragon head!”

“Hey! You cheated! That card wasn’t in your grave!”Leo began

“Because he send it to the grave with Tribute to the doomed, Leo” Luna explained calmly “Sorry Mr Kaiba continue”

“Um Okay, I then normal summon Z-metal Tank!” Kaiba said as his monster appeared “I now fuse X,Z and Y into XYZ Dragon Cannon! Now all I have to do is discard a card from my hand and I can destroy one card. Sorry Leo I pick your remaining Magnen!”

“Oh man! That means Celfon is wide open” Leo cried out freaking out

“That’s right! Dragon Cannon attack with Dragon cannon blast!” Kaiba declared as the attack was launched and Leo’s points dropped to 1300 “My turn is at an end”

Leo drew a card sadly and said “I play a monster in defence mode”

“Hmm shame, I expected better” Kaiba said looking sadly at the boy who seemed to have lost all his spirit and Kaiba then smiled “Hey Leo, no need to look so down, you were playing really well, so what’s with the sad look?”

“Yeah come on Leo! You have to believe in yourself” Luna said as she drew a card “I’ll set a card face down and then I’ll summon Sunlight Unicorn! I’ll also use Fairy Archer’s special effect to drop your life points by 1200! That ends my turn!” Kaiba’s life points were now standing at 6000.

“To start I play Card of demise! Now I have to draw until I have five cards in my hand!” Kaiba explained as he drew four more cards “Hmm I’ll start by summoning Battle Ox in attack mode! Now I’ll use XYZ dragon Cannon’s affect to destroy Fairy Archer and then I play, Monster Reborn to revive Blue eyes White Dragon!” the dragon roared as it appeared “And yes Leo when I used the effect of my Dragon Cannon I discard Blue eyes” Kaiba couldn’t help but laugh at the look on Leo’s face “Sorry”

“Blue Eyes White Dragon!” Leo screamed happily “Man that’s like a total legend and I’m duelling against it!”

“Well sadly Leo, I can’t allow your sister to continue” Kaiba smiled sadly “I’ll attack Sunlight Unicorn with my Blue eyes and…”

“NOOO!” Fluttershy screamed there were tears in her eyes “Not again!” Fluttershy’s trembling was also worse than ever as she sat crying and the duel was brought to a halt “Please…not again…not again”

Basil walked over and said “Fluttershy, calm down…sorry you three um this looks bad” Joey and Basil helped calm Fluttershy down before both nodding to Kaiba.

“Right” Kaiba said slowly looking at Fluttershy with concern but then he yelled “Blue eyes, white lighting attack!” the attack stuck Luna’s unicorn and her life points dropped to 2800 “Now Dragon cannon attack Regulus!” Luna’s life points dropped to 1700 “Now Battle OX direct attack!”

“Luna!” Leo called out as his sister was defeated “You’ll pay for that! My move!”

“No, hang on!” Kaiba said as he calmly set a card face down “Now’s it’s your move”

“I play Morphtronic Boomboxen in attack mode and then I flip Morphtronic Scopen!” Leo said as his two monsters appeared “I’ll then synchro summon them to summon Power Tool Dragon! Now with my own ultimate dragon, I use its effect to add a random equip smell card and I got” Leo looked at the card his deck had given him “I play Power Tool C&D. This raises Power Tool Dragon’s attack points by 1000…Now attack Dragon Cannon!”

Kaiba smiled as Power tool Dragon destroyed his monster “Sorry, Leo, I want to see more of what you got but I activate my trap…Ring of Destruction and I’ll use it to destroy my Battle Ox” he also activated a spell card “My ring of defence will prevent me from taking any damage” as the Battle Ox was destroyed, Leo’s life points hit zero but Kaiba stepped forward “You two did really well” As the three duellists spoke Fluttershy was lead away by Basil and Joey.

“Thank you” Luna said but then she frowned “What do you think happened to Fluttershy?” Kaiba shrugged “It looked like she was terrified”

Little could any of them have known that Beerus had been watching, from a room far above them and he said to himself “Young Fluttershy, so innocent reminded of Serpentera by a hologram of a dragon but I…hmm not many in this or any other world could sneak up on me, Doctor” he turned to see a young man staring at him “I trust your mission was a success?” the Doctor shook his head and handed Beerus some photos “This was the best you could do? Sad but I guess we’ll have to send someone who can get closer”

“Indeed and I have just the man in mind but he will need help” the doctor said as he turned “This is Captain Jack Harkness!” as another man approached Beerus “How’s the training coming? I mean watching Equestria burn wasn't easy for this training so it had better be going well”

“Not well” Beerus said shaking his head “And we’re running out of time, Whis will get you a team, Mr Harkness”

“I appreciate it” Jack said with a cocky grin.

Author's Note:

Okay so I'm sorry it's been so long there was a lot I wanted to do with this chapter and I didn't get everything in. The big reveal thou, I'm glad I managed to get that in and now it's time for a new suggestion session. I need new ideas for what kind of crossover deck Fluttershy has and who Beerus could bring in to help Jack.

Please remember to Like, Comment and have a nice day.