• Published 7th Mar 2016
  • 813 Views, 23 Comments

Equestria Crossover Confusion 2 HFC- Time to Duel! - Garfield23



The first two of Beerus's twisted game are chosen to participate in the Duellist Universe Tournament. Their opponents will both be friends and rivals but can friendship be established to rescue the first Hostage of Beerus

  • ...
4
 23
 813

Chapter 7- Yugi vs Zane and Whis tries his hand

The air was filled with the subtle silence of baited breath as Yugi and Zane drew the cards that would begin their duel. Yugi looked across at Zane with a calm confidence that awaited his opponent to take the first move because according to Twilight taking the first move may have been a mistake and he awaited Zane’s opening move.

“I summon Proto Cyber Dragon in attack mode!” Zane declared as the grey robotic dragon wrapped its serpentine body around Zane’s feet, the attack points registered as 1100 and he added “I’ll also play a card face down…it’s your move”

Yugi drew a card from his deck and smiled “That monster of your looks impressive but it’s points are somewhat lacking, I summon Magician's Valkyria and play two cards face down. I’ll also play Graceful Charity!” As he drew the three cards, discarding two, Yugi knew from what Twilight had told him, Zane would attempt to fuse his monsters together but he hoped his face downs would prevent it. He looked across at Proto Cyber Dragon and yelled “Go Magician's Valkyria attack his Proto Cyber dragon with Mystic Sceptre Blast!”

The Powerful Magician fired a blast from her Sceptre which flew out, cutting the Proto cyber dragon’s head off from the rest of its body resulting in it to explode, Zane’s life points dropped to 3500 and Zane smirked “That was a big mistake, Moto” he said coldly “Now I’ll defeat you and I’ll be one more step closer to achieving victory” he then glanced across at the other duellists “Then one more duel and I’ll be in the finals!”

Joey smiled and then laughed as everyone stared at him somewhat confused “The amount of times I’ve heard Kaiba make similar threats during a duel are simply priceless!” he then looked at Yugi “Yugi always has a plan and Zane is about to learn that the hard way!”

Fluttershy however mumbled “I don’t know” Twilight sat on grass weeping about how she’d let Equestria down and no matter how hard Akiza, Basil and herself tried, they couldn’t get the tears to stop “We shouldn’t underestimate him!”

“Yes, quite. The blaggard certainly seems confident and that confidence doesn’t appear to be misplaced” Basil said with a frown across at Zane but then he looked down and then punched his fist into his hand “Dashed bad luck; I just wish I could help!”

Joey sighed and clapped Basil on the back “You’re helping in your own way, man. I mean I wish Tristan and Tea were here to help, it’d feel good to have their emotional support but Twilight and Fluttershy have you here for support and advice!”

Basil frowned before shrugging off Joey’s hand “Damned lot of use that does!” he snapped as he looked at the ground “I mean I’m a dashed foot fighter and I can’t help but watch at the side-lines. At least when Matthias was off giving Cluny a good whalloping I could be giving Cluny’s rabble a good kicking!”

Fluttershy however hugged the hare with her head rubbing against the hare’s upper arm “Please…don’t put yourself down. We need you” she said with a small glance at Twilight “Now more than ever”

“I play polymerization to fuse the two cyber dragons I have in my hand together!” Zane declared holding up the two required cards, while a massive black vortex appeared above him and two cyber dragons appeared behind him before disappearing into the vortex “In order to summon Cyber Twin Dragon!” the two headed robotic dragon appeared with giant roar “And now...what the?!”

Yugi had just activated a trap which had just sucked in Zane’s new monster and Yugi’s Magician's Valkyria “Sorry Zane, I activated the trap, Dark Renewal and I used your Cyber Twin Dragon to pay the cost!” he then paused with a smile and explained “You see for this card to work, I need to have a Dark Magician in the grave and a Spellcaster on the field! It then let’s me summon the Dark Magician from the grave!” Dark Magician appeared on the field with a twirl and Yugi gave everyone watching the thumbs up “Any questions or is that the end of your turn?”

Zane thought back, realising Yugi must have send Dark Magician to the grave when he used graceful Charity, he looked back at his hand and shrugged “I’ll play a monster in defence mode and end” he still had a face down trap “Your just as tough as I expected”

Yugi smiled across and said “You too, your cyber dragons are interesting” he then drew a card and sighed “This duel might be over all too soon. I activate the trap dust tornado, this destroys one spell or trap card on your field” the tornado destroyed Zane’s trap and Yugi continued “I then play the spell Monster reborn to revive Summoned Skull!” the fiend monster appeared and Yugi then smiled “Sorry to say I still have my normal summon and I summon Queen’s Knight!”

Zane smiled “It would seem you’ve won” he said but if Yugi attacked with Queen’s knight first, he might still have a chance.

Yugi yelled “Summoned Skull attack with your lightning strike!” the electric attack shot out from summoned skull and struck Zane’s Cyber Phoenix who’s poultry 1600 defence points were no match for Summoned Skull’s 2500 attack points. Yugi then declared “Queen’s Knight attack with your royal blade and Dark Magician use your Dark Magic attack!” with no defences Zane’s life points dropped to zero.

Zane smiled “That was a good duel” he said walking over and handed Yugi Twilight’s two star chips “I hope for a rematch in the finals” he then walked away.

Yugi nodded and walked towards Twilight “These are yours” however Twilight didn’t move and Yugi tried to lift her hand up to give her the chips but Twilight jerked her hand away “What’s wrong!?” he asked concerned “Twilight these are your star chips!”

Twilight however said “I’m useless! I failed Equestria! I don’t want to gamble the fate of my world on a card game!” she snapped the last two words and began to sob into her hands “Please don’t make me!”

Basil was horrified “Stuff and nonsense! If you won’t fight! Then I will!” he took the star chips from Yugi but Whis hoovered over “What do you want?!”

Whis simply smiled and said “Without a deck or duel disc. You can’t compete” he then looked into Basil’s eyes and saw the fire that burned within Basil and said “Oh well then I guess, I’ll make an exception. Here!” he snapped his fingers and Basil in a small second was wearing a duel disc but Whis added “You’ll notice you have your own deck but your only Twilight’s sub until she steps back in”

Basil smiled as he felt the duel disc but then he looked at the deck and screamed “You fiend! How dare you?!” he passed the deck to Crow who happened to be standing next to him, as he couldn’t bear to look at it, the first card had told him that something was very wrong and Basil added “You can’t do this!”

Crow read the name of the first card on top which happened to be a spell “Late Rose’s song?” the picture on the card was that of a single rose in full bloom “What’s so bad about it?” Crow asked clearly confused.

Basil however was shaking in uncontrollable rage “You blaggard! How dare you?! Admit it!” he snapped as he resisted every urge he had to punch Whis across the smug expression he had “You…you…!” the words simply died on Basil’s tongue as tears splashed from his eyes and he uttered one word in a heartbroken tone “…Redwall…!?”

Whis’s smile didn’t seem to change but he said in a calm tone “Yes, we took friends, enemies, heroes and villains from your world Mr Stag” the calmness of his tone seemed to make his cold statement all the worse “Now they’ll be your deck and your wrong Beerus and I can do this”

Basil looked down as tears splashed from his eye, he felt the anger, the dishonour and yelled “Well then, I will avenge my world and I challenge you!” his duel disc activated as the words left his lips “I notice you have a duel disc, you scraggy demon and you have the star chips for the end of the day! I challenge you for all four!”

Whis looked at the star chips and began to laugh “You have a mere two star chips what could you offer for the other two?” he paused and smiled “Tell you what, this will be an all or nothing match. I’ll stake my four star chips and my deck. You’ll stake your star chips, life and deck. So do we have a deal?”

Jack suddenly spoke up “Those stakes are ridiculous! We already know they don’t play fair and you’re going to gamble not only your own stake in the tournament but Twilight’s too?!” he snapped clearly not impressed with the hare’s common sense “Its madness. Let me take him!” he activated his duel disc as he spoke but Joey raised a hand and stopped Jack “Why are you stopping me?!”

Joey frowned at him shaking his head before turning to Basil “Don’t ya see, Jack, it’s a question of pride for Basil and we have no right to stop him!” he explained as he a big grin began to show “He may only know the basics but I know he can win. Right Yug?” Yugi nodded with a smile and the group all watched as Basil and Whis took their positions across from each other “Come on, Basil, you can do it!” Joey yelled in support.

Whis looked calmly at Basil before saying “If it’s all the same to you, my good fellow, I’ll take the first turn?” to which Basil nodded “Alright, hmmm what to do? I’ve rarely played this silly game but I think I’ll play this monster in defence mode and set a card” the cards appeared on the field and Whis shrugged with a cool smile “It’s the best I could do”

Crow frowned as he watched Whis’s first move “That can’t be his first move? He’s playing Basil” he whispered to Akiza who nodded “Be careful Basil, he’s trying to trick you into making a mistake!”

Basil nodded and drew a card from his deck, he read each card in turn, most of the monsters were friends, friends he’d left at Redwall, how could he send out a friend without offering help, a tear splashed onto the card on the far right, then he looked at the card he’d just drawn and he choked back a sob. He then yelled “I play a card face down! Then I….” he looked at the monster card, no anything but that, he swapped his cards and said “I summon Luke the Warrior in attack mode!” Luke looked strong but the attack point registered in at a mere 1350 as the mouse warrior appeared and looked at Whis with eyes full of pride “Now go Luke attack!”

Whis smiled as Luke charged forward, jumping over the monster as it appeared and there was an audible gasp from Fluttershy and Twilight, before Twilight screamed “Stop!” the monster, was a pony and Luke’s sword was mere inches from her throat when Basil stopped the attack “Mum?!” Twilight’s eyes were streaming tears as she saw the defence points of 1200 “I’m sorry Basil please don’t!”

Basil looked at Twilight Velvet with an understanding smile, before shaking his head at Luke and said “Dashed bad ole chap, come back!” he said Luke walked back and Basil frowned at Whis “Blaggard, I end my turn”

Whis shrugged and said “So it’s my turn oh my!” he drew a card and his smile became unbearably wide “I’ll sacrifice Twilight Velvet to summon Princess Luna!” the princess of the night appeared with her wings extended, her attack points set to 2000 and she looked confused “I’ll then throw in this spell, Nightmare Awaken!” Luna disappeared in a cloud of smoke to be replaced by Nightmare Moon with her attack points at 3300 “Ah she seems so happy!”

Nightmare moon began to cackle “I have returned!” and without warning her horn blasted out an attack that hit Luke square on, who screamed in agony as he was destroyed but Nightmare moon’s enjoyment only increased “Opps”

Basil’s life points dropped to 1950 and he looked horrified “Well dashed bad luck!” his postion clearly wasn’t the best as he looked at his hand full of friends, none of which he wanted to send out to face the wrathful nightmare before him “Darnation, well this is a jolly difficult spot ae wat!?” he said with a smile but it was clear he was up against a wall. The fate of the duel would rely on the next card he drew and the odds were stacked against him.

Author's Note:

Yeah so this might be me for a wee while, I had fun writing this chapter, Yugi and Zane's duel was a lot of fun. I decided to use Basil as a duelling character because I thought it'd be interesting and the Redwall series has a lot of characters that offer up great possibilities for cards. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope you have a nice day!