• Published 7th Mar 2016
  • 809 Views, 23 Comments

Equestria Crossover Confusion 2 HFC- Time to Duel! - Garfield23



The first two of Beerus's twisted game are chosen to participate in the Duellist Universe Tournament. Their opponents will both be friends and rivals but can friendship be established to rescue the first Hostage of Beerus

  • ...
4
 23
 809

Chapter 3- The Gauntlet is thrown

“We were able to find quite a few supplies, we’ll be alright for about two months but after that…” Sailor Jupiter finished reporting to Twilight but the words failed her when she got to the reality, that their food and water was going to run out. It was the day Beerus and Whis were due to return for their sick game to begin but it was then Sailor Jupiter raised a question that was of concern to her “What I don’t get…is why keep us here? I mean they said they wanted you ponies only to compete in their games, in fact they could use us to force you to compete”

Basil sniffed indigently, chewing a carrot that was part of his rations and said “Ah well, ma lady, who’s says we’re not another thing, that Beerus chap is using as a way to force the ponies to compete. I’d say there might be one other jolly horrible thing” he paused, looking at Sailor Jupiter and Tien before sighing “Pardon my curiosity, my good fellows but aren’t you both omnivores? You eat both vegetables and meat”

Tien nodded slowly and said “So what’s your point?” he couldn’t understand why it mattered.

Twilight realised in horror “Aside from us, there’s no other lifeforms, so therefore, there's nothing you two could possibly eat to cover your meat intake!” she looked up a book in her library and walked out with a book on omnivores “If this book is correct…meat covers the need to produce protein for omnivores but there’s more to it, meat has more uses than just that and…”

Tien then interrupted “But wasn’t Iroh here for two months?” he asked as he sat back down at the table “Where did he get the protein source he needed?”

Twilight sighed “You know the answer; we were able to supply you with fish. Which in omnivores is another source of protein” Twilight explained and then added “Regardless we had better move onto the next issue, whomever Beerus chooses needs to go prepared, Beerus will likely pick our strongest ponies to get them out of the way”

“Wouldn’t that be Rainbow Dash and Applejack?” Rarity asked looking across at the two “Darling, There’s no way we can predict who Beerus will choose, because if we can bet on one thing it’s...”

“Is that sicko plays by a different rulebook” Rainbow Dash finished for Rarity but kept going “There’s also that metal pony to think about, where did he come from and how the hay did he know Applejack?!”

Applejack however sighed and said “It doesn’t’ matter, we got bigger things to think about” she pointed to the map “Right now we have ta focus on finding out if any other ponies survived Serpatera’s absorbing trick!”

Whis then appeared floating over the map “The time has come” he said simply, everyone in the room tensed up and he added “Oh come now? Isn’t this the castle of the Princess of friendship. I’m here as a friend” he smiled in a friendly manner “Oh it's just so wonderful to know we’ll be getting to know each other better. I mean you all like fun don’t you?”

Pinkie Pie snarled and said “Just get on with it!”

Whis looked around looking hurt “Aaawww, well Beerus and I have decided” he said as Applejack and Rainbow Dash raised their hooves hoping to volunteer instead but Whis said “It’s neither of you two but nice try. I thought Twilight should lead us off and Beerus rolled a dice for Fluttershy” there was a noticeable gasp and the group tried to protect the two “We’ll also be taking emotional support, Basil Stag hare you’ll be coming along too. You all have ten minutes to prepare” he then disappeared into a chair in the corner.

Fluttershy trotted over to Twilight and mumbled in her meek tone “Twilight, I’m not sure I can do this, I mean going to another world and...maybe you can ask Whis if you can have a different pony help you?” she looked down as she spoke “I mean…I’m not sure I’ll be of much help”

Rarity heard Fluttershy and said “Fluttershy! How could you say that?!” she looked shocked at the mere suggestion “I…I mean with everything you’ve done…you’ve proven your strong, Darling!”

Pinkie Pie nodded, before jumping around excitedly and said “Yeah remember that time you caught up with Rainbow when we had to stop Discord? Or that time you revealed Starlight Glimmer? Or that time…”

“I think she gets it Pinkie” Rainbow Dash said as she looked over at Whis “Besides, Flutters, we all would’ve had to go at some point and better you get yours out of the way”

Basil however shook his head “Frightfully wrong, olde girl, don’t you recall this little adventure will only get us back one hostage. So Fluttershy will have to go again after this, frightfully sorry” he said looking at Fluttershy but smiled and added “Besides wasn’t it you, ma lady that overcame Zedd’s frightfully rude spell?”

“Yes, I did” Fluttershy said as she smiled and looked at Whis “I’ll help rescue our friends!”

Twilight smiled and said “You won’t be doing it alone, Basil and I will be there too to help put this game to bed” Basil nodded as Twilight turned to him “So I think that’s our time up, let’s go talk to him” and so the three approached Whis and said “We’re ready to go”

Whis looked up smiling and said “Oh are you sure, we have another five seconds” he then waved his staff and they disappeared from the castle, reappearing on an island floating in the sky “This is where your challenge shall be held. Welcome to the Duellist Universe Tournament on the Animarium!”

Twilight looked down and realised she was in her human body “Why am I in this body?” she then had a horrible thought and turned to look at Basil and Fluttershy. Basil was unchanged still an unusually tall hare and looking a little ruffled. However Fluttershy was in the human Fluttershy’s body “Fluttershy are you okay?”

Fluttershy looked at her hands and squealed “No…not again…I don’t want to be Shadowshy again!” she screamed as she tried to hide her face but she then looked down and said “I…I hate this…please turn me back into a pony?!” she asked Whis but he shook his head “Why not?!”

Whis shrugged and pulled out two decks of cards handing them to the two girls “I don’t know Beerus just thought this was for the best. Now these cards belong to a game called Duel Monsters, it’s a game from a dimension where they solve most of the world’s problems and as such the best players of the game have been raised for generations” he stopped and smiled as a man, dressed in a red and white suit with long white hair, stepped out from behind a tree “This is Maximillion Pegasus, in his dimension he invented the game…so he’ll have four hours to teach you the game while I go get the other participants” he then looked around “Any questions?”

“Yeah I have questions” Twilight said “What is that?!” she pointed behind Whis and he turned to see what Twilight was pointing at.

“Oh that’s one of the residents of this island” Whis said lightly “We asked Princess Shayla if we could use her island for the tournament or Beerus would destroy it” the shocked looks on the four’s faces summoned up their feelings “We may have built quarters for our competitors, restaurants and basically everything Shayla doesn’t like on her island but we’ll remove them when we leave” he then disappeared.

Pegasus turned with a sad expression “So…let me have a look at the decks he gave you?” he asked but the other three looked at him with distrust “Look I don’t want to help them anymore than you do but if we don’t teach you the game…then you won’t stand a chance against Yugi boy or Kaiba boy” he then added “Also there’s no point sending lambs off to slaughter against the wolves of my game”

Twilight sighed, he was right and she handed him the deck “So how do we learn the game?” an hour later Pegasus had finished teaching Twilight the basics but still Fluttershy was failing to pick up the basics “Come on Fluttershy…we only have three more hours” Twilight said trying to be supportive but another hour passed, Fluttershy finally picked up the basics, so they could move on to learning about their decks and then Pegasus admitted something troubling “What do you mean you don’t recognise the cards that Whis gave us?!” Twilight asked in horror.

Pegasus shook his head “These are cards I’ve never laid eyes on, we only have two more hours to figure out how to use these cards and that just isn’t enough time to figure out how these cards work” he explained but he then pulled out three files “However if you learn about the decks of the three most powerful duellist I know of…you might stand a chance” he then went over Yugi Moto, Seto Kaiba and Joey Wheeler’s decks. It took up the remainder of their time but left them just enough for Pegasus to explain how to use a duel disc “That’s the best I can do…the rest is up to you”

Fluttershy took his hand in hers and said “Thank you…I know thanks to your help…we’ll be able to save our world” she paused before smiling “We’ll always remember your…kindness”

Pegasus smiled “It was my pleasure, Fluttershy but I can’t help you any further, all I can do is wish you the best of luck” he said as Whis reappeared “Sorry I have to help my home dimension now…good luck” he walked towards Yugi with a sad shake of his head. The gathered duelist looked around, curious about their surroundings, Yugi was wearing the millenium puzzle again, Jaden was frowning clearly not in the best of moods and Yusei was still knocked out, he was being carried by Jack.

“Well Fluttershy, Twilight we had better go meet the competition…no need to be unfriendly, aye what?!” Basil said as he turned to look over at the large group of people looking at him with strange looks “Well?”

Twilight, Basil and Fluttershy walked over and Fluttershy approached a man in a long white coat with dark brown hair “Um hello my name’s Fluttershy…how are you?” Fluttershy said timidly.

“Hmmm don’t talk to me” Kaiba said as he turned away and walked away “I can’t understand why I’m here”

Twilight approached a man with yellow marks all over his face and orange hair “Um hello my name’s Twilight Sparkle…what?” she suddenly noticed that the man’s friends seemed to casting her dirty looks but that was quickly replaced by one trying to punch her and it was only due to Basil blocking it that Twilight wasn’t floored “What I do?!”

“You hurt Yusei! Don’t you deny it!” Crow yelled as he tried to get past Basil and punch Twilight “Why?! He never did anything to you! He only woke up briefly to tell us we had to go to the stadium!” Akiza pulled Crow back and shook her head “Akiza! She hurt Yusei, didn’t she!?”

“Of course not!” Akiza snapped “Yusei mentioned nothing of a Twilight Sparkle! If they had anything to do with it, don’t you think she’d be attempting to avoid us, she clearly doesn’t know us and you tried to punch her!” she turned to Twilight and smiled “Sorry we’ve had a stressful couple of day, my name is Akiza. It’s nice to meet you”

“Jolly good to meet you. My jolly name’s Basil Stag Hare, mam! At your service: expert scout, hind leg fighter, wilderness guide and... camouflage expert!” he said with a fresh audience to introduce himself to. Crow was giving him a concerned look “Read your mind, sir! Neither mad, nor dangerous. Delighted to meet you, dear fellows!” Basil extended his hand to shake someone’s hand.

Joey stepped forward and shook it warmly “It’s nice to meet you, man. The name’s Joey Wheeler but you can call me, Joey” he said but then he noticed Fluttershy looking at him with a smile “Fluttershy wasn’t it? I wouldn’t worry about Kaiba…he’s a major grump…I pretty sure he earned his money but frowning” he joked and Fluttershy giggled but then noticed the man who’d told her off walk up “Ah Kaiba”

“Hmm don’t know why a loser like you, Wheeler is here if this is supposed to be a duel monsters tournament. Why don’t you go duel a Chihuahua?” Kaiba joked darkly “Considering you suck at this game”

“We’ll see Kaiba!” Joey snapped and then smirked “If you’re so sure you can beat me again, why don’t we play for stakes this time! Both our previous duels were off the books, right?” Kaiba nodded and smirked in return “How about we see if we can duel first in the tournament and whoever loses gets knocked out?”

“Joey?” Yugi interrupted unsure if this was a good idea.

“Quiet, Yug, let me take on Mr Moneybags!” Joey said not taking his eyes off Kaiba who’s smirk seemed to have grown wider “Tell ya what, Kaiba, we’ll even take a page from your tournament’s books and I’ll gamble my Red Eyes against one of your blue eyes?”

Kaiba then laughed “Alright, Wheeler, you lost it at the start of Battle City, might as well lose it at the start of every tournament to get Yugi to win it back for you!” he said as he shook Joey’s hand “Everyone got that, we get the first duel!” everyone nodded and suddenly there was someone laughing at the back, Beerus.

“How entertaining! I’ll make it even better, everyone in the tournament will have to watch the duel and I’ll even offer this special card for the winner of the duel” Beerus said holding up a card that had a pony on the card, Sweetie Belle was the pony on the card. “But first I must explain the rules of my tournament, like Duellist Kingdom the set-up is the same but since there are only sixteen duellist, I’ll be handing out four star chips, at the end of the first day to the top two duellists. Now onto the rules while we’re here. All duelling will take place between 11am in the morning and 4pm. That way…the fun will be able to continue longer. However once you get ten star chips, you’ll join Whis, Pegasus and myself in the castle at the top of the hill” he paused smiling before pointing to an identical copy of Pegasus's castle at the top of the tallest hill “There is accommodation, with entertainment and food outlets, so you can’t say I’m not good to you and now, are there any questions?”

Twilight however looked at the card in Beerus’s grasp “Sweetie belle….no” she said.

Author's Note:

So that's the first duel of the Duellist Universe Tournament about to start in chapter four, Twilight and Fluttershy will bear witness to the duel. Any bets?! I bet we all know who will win! Until they duel for the first time, I'm still taking suggestions on decks for Twilight and Fluttershy.

Have a nice day, remember to suggest and review!