• Published 7th Mar 2016
  • 811 Views, 23 Comments

Equestria Crossover Confusion 2 HFC- Time to Duel! - Garfield23



The first two of Beerus's twisted game are chosen to participate in the Duellist Universe Tournament. Their opponents will both be friends and rivals but can friendship be established to rescue the first Hostage of Beerus

  • ...
4
 23
 811

Chapter 15- Rematch

Akiza sighed as she shuffled Fluttershy’s deck, the semi-final duel between them was about to begin, both their decks were ready and they’d been allowed to rebuild their decks with whatever cards they’d wanted to. Akiza was back with the cards she trusted and Fluttershy had taken advice from just about every person in the area. Joey and Jack watched from the side lines preparing themselves for what was about to come “It’s hard to believe” Akiza suddenly said as she took back her deck from Fluttershy “You and I played each other earlier in this tournament and to be honest I never thought….that’d you and I would play each other again”

Fluttershy nodded as she took her own deck back and mumbled “I know but I said to myself….I would give you a proper match and I’m sorry but may I suggest that you surrender” even though the words had been quiet, the following response was so quiet the words sounded as if they’d been yelled and then the audience cheered “I mean it”

“I have no doubt that you do but Fluttershy be real here…your chances are limited at best” Akiza said kindly as they began to walk to their starting positions “But if you insist….I’ll even place a bet. If you win, I’ll give you my black rose dragon to use in the remainder of the tournament and if I win….well you must do me a favour?”

“I’ll do you the favour even when I win” Fluttershy said as the two activated their duel discs. As agreed Fluttershy started the duel by drawing a sixth card, again her deck had of course been altered but her new strategy would be the difference between victory and defeat “Okay! I’ll set a monster in defence mode!” she then picked two cards “Then I’ll set two cards face down and activate Graceful Charity! Your turn!” she quickly drew three cards and then discarded two.

“Okay!” Akiza said as she looked at her hand “I’ll start by summoning Violet Witch in attack mode!” she then added “I’ll then play the field spell Black Garden!” the garden spell went straight to work as thick dark vines covered the field, the vines were covered in thorns but then something happened that Akiza had not intended. The hologram looked a little too real and as Akiza reached a hand towards the vines, felt solid mass under her hand but not just that. The blood that trickled from her palm had come from a single thorn “OH NO!”

Whis floated above them “Oh didn’t I tell you? This duel will between real monsters to make sure this duel is more….entertaining” there was a horrified gasp from those watching “It’s all thanks to your powers Akiza” Akiza quickly tried to bring her powers back under control but nothing changed “Nothing you can do will change the duel’s conditions”

“OH NO! Stop this duel!” Yusei yelled, he remembered all too well what had happened when Black Garden had been made real by Akiza’s powers back in the fortune cup and the injuries that Sir Gill de Randsborg had taken. If all Akiza’s powers were back, then both herself and Fluttershy were in terrible danger “Why?!” Yusei screamed “Why would you do this?!”

Whis at first ignored Yusei’s question but then said in a deadly serious tone “The war we’re about to fight won’t stand for excuses…we need to be ready for not only the sight of blood but the pain to come” he then added “The duel will go ahead and surrender isn’t an option”

“Fluttershy!” Twilight screamed “Let her out! This isn’t right!”

“NO! Twilight, Equestria needs us to be strong and if this is one of the prices I must pay….then I pay it gladly” she said as she then turned to face Akiza “Please…keep going”

“I…I…Violet Witch, attack!” Akiza ordered as her monster flew forward, towards Fluttershy’s defence position monster but when the monster flipped up, Akiza’s life points dropped down to 3100 “What the?! That’s not your monster!” Elemental Hero Clayman stood having absorbed the blow “Isn’t that….Jaden Yuki’s monster?”

Fluttershy nodded and said “Everyone knocked out the tournament let me borrow a few cards for this duel” she then activated a trap “I activate the trap, call of the haunted!” Akiza smiled as she knew what monster was coming “I summon Blue Eyes White Dragon!” Joey smiled at Kaiba who shrugged as Blue Eyes’ attack points dropped to 1500 and then Fluttershy said “Is there anything else, you want to do before you end your turn and I start mine?”

“Well yes, I set three cards face down and end my turn” Akiza said as she set the cards “I hope you have more surprise moves” she said as she waited for Fluttershy to begin her move “You have certainly improved”

“Thank you” Fluttershy said as she drew a card and looked at her hand “Forgive me, I borrowed a card from Mai! I play Harpies’ Feather duster!” the card whipped up and destroyed all the cards in Akiza’s spell and trap zone including the black garden. At the same time all the tokens on the field wilted, then disappeared but there was no target for their next effect to activate.

“NO! There aren’t any monsters in my grave” Akiza said with a sad look at her graveyard.

“I then sacrifice Blue eyes to summon Summoned Skull!” Fluttershy said as the large demon skull monster appeared with a fearsome growl “Sorry about this! Summoned Skull attack with Lightening Strike!” lightening roared around the fiend as it powered up its attack and Violet Witch braced itself for impact. Then in a roaring surge of lightening, the attack fired out and zapped the witch. Akiza groaned as thick burn marks appeared along her arms, the lightening zapping some of her strength “Akiza! Are you okay?!” Fluttershy screamed as Akiza’s life points dropped to 1700.

“Ye…Yeah…I’m fine…is that all you got?!” Akiza said panting “So long as I still have points…I’m not beaten yet!” she then looked through her deck “Thanks to the effect of my witch, when it’s destroyed by battle I can add a plant monster with 1500 or less defence points” she picked her card “So I’ll add my Copy plant to my hand!”

“Man that was a good move but can Fluttershy keep it up, Yug?” Joey asked as they watched the exchange.

“Well it depends, Akiza has played the game longer and is a greatly skilled player” Yuesi said as he watched the game “But Fluttershy does have an advantage”

“Jolly good what is it?” Basil asked as he chewed on a carrot “This bally game is jolly difficult, any advantage could be the edge Fluttershy needs to win!”

Kaiba spoke up before Yuesi could “Well Fluttershy has watched Akiza duel and knows her tactics, whereas Fluttershy’s deck is a mixed bag of cards that we let her borrow and while normally that could lead to defeat. All the cards she asked for were well chosen” Kaiba then pointed to the field “Akiza’s moves are limited now because I suspect Fluttershy tried to pick cards that'd give her an edge”

“I wouldn’t bet on it” Yugi said as he looked at Akiza “Akiza has still got this game under control...look at her face” he then stared at Fluttershy “But of course Fluttershy seems calmer than she did the first time they played” he laughed “It’s truly anyone’s game”

Robert nodded “Agreed, having watched the Bladebreakers for as long as I have….you can never underestimate the underdog” he said as the beybladers in the group began laughing “I can just see the same strength coming from these two”

Akiza drew a card to begin her turn “Okay….so I’ll start with this Monster Reborn! In order to revive Violet Witch and then I summon my copy plant! This card lets me copy one of your monsters levels!” she pointed to Clayman “So I’ll copy his level!”

“I don’t get it” Leo said as he looked on “Clayman and Violet witch are both level 4 monsters…so they equal 8…not seven. She can’t summon Black Rose!”

“He’s right I can’t summon Black Rose but I can summon another monster!” Akiza said as copy plant and Violet witch began to execute a synchro summon “I Synchro summon the level 8….Stardust Dragon!” the crowd gasped as the dragon roared and flew up from Akiza's card.

“She changed up her deck!” Crow said in shock “Yusei!”

“Well I couldn’t just let her go in without a little help” Yusei said laughing slightly “I may want Fluttershy to do well but no point making it easy” he then whispered to himself “Come on Akiza. Don’t let her win”

Akiza then said “I play the spell card Pot of greed! So I draw two cards and then I play….the Equip spell, Silver wings!” Stardust roared as it’s wings shone bright “I’m sorry Fluttershy but you must know…it’s over” she then added with a tear trickling down her cheek “Stardust attack Summoned Skull!” Stardust flew forward, the field shooting lightening at it but the attacks did little to prevent, Stardust flying through Summoned Skull “Fluttershy, Summoned Skull is beaten and I end my turn”

“Well at least she still has Clayman?” Luna said as she looked at Fluttershy “And she didn’t lose any life points”

“Yeah but I doubt she has enough cards to be able to win….she’ll need to destroy Stardust three times in battle in one turn” Jaden said sadly “There’s no easy way for that to be done”

Fluttershy sighed as she drew a single card, she looked down at her two face downs, sadly both were spell cards, they had been a bluff in the hope that Akiza would mistake them for traps but at this moment her hand was void of any way to destroy Stardust “I’ll set a monster in defence mode and end my turn” she said sadly.

“I’m sorry, Fluttershy” Akiza said as she drew a card “I summon lord Poison in attack mode! Then I equip Fairy Meteor crush to Stardust”

“OH NO! Now when Stardust hits a monster in defence mode…the difference between it’s attack points and the defending monster’s defence points will be taken out of Fluttershy’s life points!” Alexis said sadly “it’ over”

“Stardust Dragon attack Clayman with Starshower blast!” Akiza ordered as the dragon flew up and powered up it’s attack. The stream of energy that hit Clayman dropped Fluttershy’s life points to 3500 but the rocks from Clayman struck her in the stomach, dropping her to her knees “Fluttershy!”

“I’m okay!” Fluttershy gasped as she struggled to her feet “Just take your next move!”

“NO! Fluttershy!” Twilight screamed as she tried to run to Fluttershy’s side but Basil stopped her “Let me go! She needs to stop!”

Basil shook his head “Forgive my hand but you must respect Fluttershy’s request. Jolly terrible business but believe in her and if you show her weak eyes, she may only give into her own fears!” he said firmly.

“I..I..I…you’re right” Twilight mumbled before screaming “Fluttershy! You can win!”

“I know Twilight” Fluttershy mumbled.

Akiza then yelled “Lord Poison attack!” then when the monsters flipped up “Clever girl” cyber jar blasted Lord Poison and Stardust “Sorry, Fluttershy but if I send Silver wings to the graveyard I can prevent Stardust being destroyed” she then drew five cards “Okay I summon Bird of Roses and Twilight Rose Knight!” the two monster surged onto the field in attack mode.

“I summon…Silver Fang, Armoured Lizard and Battle Ox!” Fluttershy said calmly as the three monsters appeared “Anything else?”

“Bird of Roses attack Armoured Lizard!” Akiza ordered, the bird flew forward and struck Armoured Lizard across the chest. The monster flew back into Fluttershy dropping her life points to 3200. Then Akiza said “I’ll then Synchro summon…Black Rose Dragon!” Twilight knight and Bird of Roses supplied the summon requirements as Black Rose Dragon roared its battle cry “Your move!”

Fluttershy drew a card and said “I’ll switch my two monsters to defence mode and then I play a third monster in defence mode” she had nothing else left.

“Sadly I have to end this” Akiza said as she drew a card and sighed “I summon Blue Rose Dragon” the little dragon flew fourth “Blue Rose attack the face down card!” the dragon flew forward but bounced off the defence monster “Well I see you got lucky”

“Etoile Cyber!” Fluttershy said sighing happily “Your blue Rose Dragon’s attack was the same as her defence points”

“Well Blue rose’s big sister is a lot stronger! Black Rose!” Akiza ordered as the Black Rose dragon launched its attack. Etoile Cyber screamed as she was destroyed “Sorry but Stardust is still equipped with Fairy Meteor crush….attack Battle ox” the blow struck dropped Fluttershy’s life points to 1700 and her arms began to bleed “I’m so sorry but I also play this spell card…spell shattering arrow” Fluttershy’s two face down cards were destroyed and her life points dropped to 700 “I’m sorry”

“D…Don’t be…I’m about to win!” Fluttershy said, as she spoke she sat on the floor two arrow marks in her legs “I….will win!”

“She’s lost it! Too many blows to the head” Steve said in shock.

“Shut up! That isn’t funny!” Twilight snapped as she watched her friend praying for her victory “Come on!”

“Twilight, I’m sorry but all she has is a weak 3 star monster and a few cards in her hand” Zane said sadly shaking his head “It’s all over”

Joey snapped “NO! Twilight's right! She can win!” he smiled and added “Besides, she doesn't look ready to throw in the towel…she knows she's still in with a chance of winning” he laughed “The day she loses this duel will be the day…hell freezes over”

Fluttershy drew a card and said “I’m sorry, Akiza but I’m about to win” Akiza smiled and nodded “I’ll start with the card that began your turn around, Pot of greed!” she drew more cards and added “I then play the spell Monster reborn to call back Summoned Skull from the grave!” the fiend rose from the grave and growled “Then I play the spell polymerization! To merge Red Eyes Black Dragon, in my hand, with Summoned Skull to summon….Black Skull Dragon! I hope that’s okay?”

“Oh my!” Akiza said as the dragon roared and looked down at her three dragons “It’s not enough thou. The maximum damage you can do is 1600 and my life points are 1700. Next turn I’ll be able to win”

“Oh I’m not done! I have two cards left…I play the equip spell Megamorph! I’ll equip it to Black Skull” Fluttershy said as she then added “Then I equip Horn of the Unicorn to Silver Fang and switch him to attack mode!” she then added “Forgive me” she ordered “Black Skull dragon! Attack Stardust dragon with Molten Fireball!”

“I’ll use this card in my hand!” Akiza declared “Half Shut! This let’s me half your Black Skulls attack back down to 3200!” the attack hit and dropped Akiza’s life points to 1000 “That was close” she then noticed her sleeve was on fire and quickly put it out by rolling on the ground “So next?”

“Silver fang! Attack Blue Rose Dragon!” Fluttershy ordered and the wolf lunged at the dragon dropping Akiza’s life points to 700.

“very good but since you destroyed it I can now summon any plant monster from my grave! So I bring back my Violet Witch!” Akiza said as she summoned back her witch in defence mode “My turn?”

“No…I’ll play one card face down” Fluttershy said as she then nodded.

“Alright! I’ll play the spell! Mystical Space Typhoon on your megamorph!” Akiza said as she drew a card “Then I’ll attack with my Black Rose against your silver fang!” Fluttershy’s life points dropped to 200 “I’m sorry, Fluttershy but I also play one card face down to end my turn!”

“Man just when this duel seems finished….Akiza or Fluttershy manage to pull out some card that turns this duel on its head” Jaden said as he watched on and added “It kind of reminds me of reading about your duels, Yugi”

“Hmm yeah but Fluttershy’s next turn will decide the winner” Yugi said as they watched with baited breath.

“I draw! I summon Blackwing Bora the spear in attack mode!” Fluttershy declared as the winged monster took to the sky and then she added “You can’t stop this bird! Attack violet witch, Bora!” the following attack dropped Akiza’s life points to 100 “Now Black skull!”

“Activate Trap!” Akiza declared “Magic Cylinder!”

“Activate Trap!” Fluttershy said in response as the attack from Black skull was drawn into one cylinder and fired back at her “Trap Unit!” her life points dropped to 100 but the damage was reduced to zero “I’m still in this! I’ll end by setting one more card face down”

“My turn!” Akiza said and without thinking ordered “Black Rose attack Bora!”

“Negate attack!” Fluttershy called out “Nice try!”

“I should have seen that coming…it’s over…” Akiza said sadly as she dropped her arms down by her side “I’ve given it everything I had but you still beat me….Fluttershy go for it”

“I’m sorry, Akiza and thank you” Fluttershy said drawing one more card “Black Skull Dragon! Molten Fireball attack!” the Black skull dragon roared as it gathered energy and fired the molten meteor at Black Rose Dragon but as the attack hit, Akiza’s life points dropped to 0 “I won?”

“You did indeed” Whis said landing next to her “And I must say….”

“Akiza!” Yusei suddenly yelled out and he ran up beside her “Akiza! Please…open your eyes!” he then turned to Whis “You creep! How could you do this!? She….played your sick game and….please, Akiza wake up…I….I…”

“Yeah that duel was messed up!” Joey ran up snapping “You mean…that could me or Jack next or it could have been Fluttershy?!”

“Well this is for all the marbles and the stakes of the coming battles will be much worse” Whis said as he twirled his staff “Sorry but let the next match between Joey Wheeler and Jack Atlas begin in ten minutes!”

“Come on, Yusei…let me give you a small hand” Basil said as he helped carry Akiza off the field “Hardly good manners…getting caught up in their battle aye wat!” he paused and turned to Fluttershy “Now then, m’lady, let’s take a look at those nasty injuries aye wat!”

“I’m okay” Fluttershy countered “I just hope they’ll be okay” pointing to Joey and Jack.

Author's Note:

So yeah this chapter was a bit of a challenge, I decided there'd be no making up weird cards in this duel and while I'm certain I didn't create a duel that followed the rules of the card game.....I'm sorry. Anyway I've decided to set myself deadlines for this story. I'm hoping to get all the work for this branch of the story done by the end of November but again that remains to be seen how that works out. Anyway I'm going to let you the reader pick who you want Fluttershy to meet in the final. Jack or Joey?