• Published 7th Mar 2016
  • 813 Views, 23 Comments

Equestria Crossover Confusion 2 HFC- Time to Duel! - Garfield23



The first two of Beerus's twisted game are chosen to participate in the Duellist Universe Tournament. Their opponents will both be friends and rivals but can friendship be established to rescue the first Hostage of Beerus

  • ...
4
 23
 813

Chapter 16- When a dog toppled a King

Yugi looked through Joey’s deck and sighed “There is a chance…but Joey remember to bear in mind that Beerus or Whis could change the rules at any given moment” he said as Kaiba nodded and Yugi then added “Our chances are still extremely poor….Jack really is a skilled player, they call him the king of turbo duels” Joey smiled and looked out a single card “Joey…Red Dragon Archfiend could probably use Red eyes as a tooth pick”

“Just as well, Yug, that I’m not going to rely on Red Eyes” Joey said seriously as he then turned to see Fluttershy and Twilight approach “Hey, Fluttershy…I can’t wait for our duel”

Fluttershy looked away and said “But…I don’t want…to duel you”

Yugi smiled and showed her a single card, the black skull dragon and said “I still remember this was the card that appeared in a duel I didn’t want to play” he smiled and handed it to Joey. Suddenly the puzzle shone bright and Atem took over “As long as you two give it your most honourable duel…there is no shame in victory or defeat”

Beerus suddenly stepped into the centre of the duelling area and shouted loudly “Alright we have one more duel before the grand finals! On my right please welcome the king of the turbo duel and the Red Dragon Archfiend master!” the gathered duellists did indeed applaud as Jack stepped up to his starting place “And on my left the underdog who proves anything is possible, let’s hear it for, Joey Wheeler!” Joey stepped up too and again there was applause “Now before you two get any ideas….Whis and I have decided to shake things up”

“Oh no….I knew it” Yugi said but only Atem heard him. Atem countered with “Calm yourself, Yugi…this may prove to be a good thing”

Beerus continued as Atem and Yugi had their discussion “So we have chosen three decks from duellists who didn’t make it into this tournament at all….one belongs to none other than Paradox! This deck uses Malefic monsters! The next deck is the deck of Marik Ishtar and yes the god card, Ra is included in this deck!” there was a stunned silence before Beerus declared the final deck “This third deck is none other than the deck that proved unstoppable to a future hero…the deck of Kite Tenjo!”

Jack raised his hand “I’ll use the Marik deck” and he took the cards into his hand but he didn’t look happy “If I may suggest Joey and I should be allowed to change the deck by a maximum of ten cards but also be allowed to include whatever extra deck cards we want”

“What are you doing?!” Joey demanded.

“Trying to make this more fair” Jack said simply as Beerus nodded and Joey pointed to the Paradox deck “Hmm interesting…but it takes more than powerful monsters to win a duel” Joey nodded as he replaced cards as needed.

“This should prove to be interesting” Whis said as both duellists shuffled their opponent’s decks he then looked over at Fluttershy who’s face bore a look of concern “I’d relax if I were you…no matter whom you face in the final duel…they will prove to be stronger than any other player you have yet faced”

Jack began the duel by drawing his opening hand and an extra card “Alright hope this doesn’t bring back any bad memories but I’ll start by summoning Drillago in attack mode and then I set two cards face down!” Jack smiled as he then said “You know something Joey even with that deck…you’re chances are still not great”

Joey smiled back “Don’t bet on it!” he drew a card but then his face fell, there wasn’t a single card he could play and he sighed “I…I…end” the hand he held contained monsters and one trap, Malefic Claw Stream but it was useless.

Fluttershy mumbled “What happened?!” she felt her heart break as she watched the powerful duellist she had grown to know unable to move.

Jack sighed and said “I don’t like this but a win is a win” he drew a card and then declared “I summon Makyura the destructor in attack mode!” he then looked sadly at Joey “I was expecting more from you….Makyura the destructor, Drillago….ATTACK!” both monster slammed into Joey’s lifepoints dropping him down to 800 points “Hope you have something to put up a fight”

Joey looked at the deck, while it was true he’d changed some of the cards, it was still unlikely to make a difference and he sighed “I draw!” he was scared but finally he looked and smiled “I play pot of greed! This lets me draw…”

“We all know what it does! Every duellist here likely has several copies of that one card!” Kaiba snapped from the side lines as he felt very annoyed by the explanation of the same card for the 1000th time.

Joey drew his two cards and smiled “I summon Panther Warrior in attack mode!” the warrior cat appeared on the field roaring it’s battle cry “I then set one card face down!” Joey knew well enough that if Drillago launched an attack it would be able to bypass his Panther and hit him directly but his trap would hopefully turn the tide.

“Alright, Wheeler if that’s all you got…I draw and then Drillago attack and end this!” but as Drillago’s attacked and was mere inches from Joey’s face, Makyura the destructor appeared in front of the attack and both monsters were destroyed “No way! What happened?!”

“My trap card” Joey said pointing to his flipped trap and it was Magic arm shield “When you declared the attack I used this little number to pull Makyura in front of the attack”

“Well done, Joey” Yugi whispered as in one fell swoop, Joey had destroyed all Jack’s monsters.

Jack smiled and said “I have to admit I’m impressed but I now play this monster in face down defence mode and end my turn”

Joey nodded “If you found that impressive I play this! Malefic World!” the field spell had just been drawn into his hand as the turn began and finally Joey could play a powerful monster “I summon Malefic Cyber End dragon!” the massive monster appeared with a roar and Joey added “It’s kind of funny…this monster reminds me of Kaiba’s ultimate dragon but I’m the one controlling it”

“Don’t get cocky, Wheeler” Kaiba snapped as he had to admit the fact Joey was controlling such a powerful monster made Kaiba a touch uncomfortable.

“Malefic Cyber End Dragon attack!” Joey ordered but as he ordered it, a trap activated on Jack’s field and it was Nightmare Wheel “Oh no!” the card made Joey’s attack useless and worse if Joey didn’t think fast, he’d lose even more life points but then it occurred to him “Panther Warrior attack! Use Malefic Cyber End Dragon as the tribute!”

Panther Warrior roared as it surged forward but Jack’s monster then flipped revealing none other than Dark Resonator. The little monster raised a stick and blocked the attack “Nice try Wheeler but my Dark Resonator needs to be attacked twice to be destroyed” he then added “So is that all you got?!”

“Hardly! I special summon Malefic Red Eyes Black Dragon and set one more card face down” Joey declared as he looked down, his chances didn’t look good as Jack drew a card “So going to finish me off?”

“Yep, I play monster reborn to revive Makyura! And then I sacrifice it to summon Vice Dragon!” Jack declared as his monster appeared and he then added “I’m sorry but I now Synchro summon my two monsters to summon Red Dragon Archfiend” Jack’s massive red and black dragon emerged with a roar looking down at Joey’s Red Eyes bearing it’s fangs in rage “Now Red Dragon Archfiend attack Joey’s Panther Warrior!” the blazing inferno launched out but then Joey’s Dragon jumped in front of the attack “What the?!”

“I activate the trap card! Malefic Claw Stream!” Joey declared as both dragons were destroyed and Joey sighed “Oh well…my turn?” Jack nodded and Joey looked at his new card “I set one card face down and then I special Summon Malefic Rainbow Dragon! Rainbow Dragon attack!”

“Trap activate! Mirror Force!” Jack declared as he revealed the trap “All your monsters are destroyed!” Joey having no counter move watched on as his monsters were destroyed “My move!” however Jack was stuck for any move he could make and sighed “I’ll pass my turn”

Joey drew a single card, looking down sadly and said “I’m sorry Jack but this is the end” he activated his trap “Return from the different dimension! Rainbow Dragon, Red Eyes Black Dragon and Cyber End Dragon!” Jack looked on in amazement then Joey revealed the card he just drew “I play the spell card Exchange!” Joey’s revealed his hand and Jack picked the blue eyes white dragon but Jack’s hand contained a single card Joey wanted “Give me the winged Dragon of Ra!”

Yugi and Kaiba’s eyes went wide but Twilight felt the magical presence the card contained and whispered “Yugi…can Joey handle such a powerful…thing”

“The Winged Dragon of Ra is a god card” Jaden Yuki said from behind her “It’s said to be the strongest of all the gods….if Joey is able to summon it….it’ll gain the attack of all the monsters sacrificed to summon it” Jaden then added “That would be over 10000 attack points”

Fluttershy whispered “Can Joey handle such a card?”

Kaiba smirked and said “Nope”

“Now hang on Kaiba be fair…Joey nearly beat Marik when he used the card” Yugi said in all seriousness “However I suppose the God cards have only been handled by three duellists…myself, Kaiba and Marik” there was a drawn out breath and Yugi called out “Joey don’t do it!”

Joey looked at the card and whispered “But why not…I need to prove…”

“He’s not!” Kaiba said in stunned shock and then screamed out “Wheeler! Please for the love of god, don’t do it…you have nothing to prove…”

“It’s easy for you to say but…I just want to show that I’ve grown stronger” Joey said as he looked at the card “I need to do this”

Fluttershy screamed “No you don’t! Please Joey…you’ve already proven your strength but now show us the smart duellist we all know is there!” tears spilling from her eyes as she wished for Joey to stop “That card is too powerful!”

Joey looked at Fluttershy and said “I know there’s risk to this but I remember how to summon it” Jack smiled, nodding as Joey removed the three monsters needed for the sacrifice “I summon the Winged Dragon of Ra!” the sky grew dark as the golden orb of light appeared, Joey still having to prove that he was worthy be reciting the ancient chant but Joey remembered the chant word for word and as he dug deep he declared “Almighty protector of the sun and sky, I beg of thee, please heed my cry. Transform thyself from orb of light and bring me victory in this fight. I beseech thee, grace our humble game. But first I shall...call out thy name, Winged Dragon of Ra!”

At first there wasn’t a reaction but then the orb opened slowly and the Winged Dragon of Ra appeared. It’s mighty roar shook the very air and Jaden’s warning proved to be correct as the attack total read “10400?!” Twilight whispered in stunned shock “If that attack hits…Jack could be badly hurt!”

Even Joey’s mind was numb with shock, he’d summoned the monster only Atem had a right to summon but it appeared to be obeying him. He raised a hand in the air and whispered “Sorry Jack” but Jack smiled and nodded as his trap activated revealing, Call of the Haunted. Red Dragon Archfiend appeared roaring up at Ra but it was simply an act of defiance because despite Jack’s move the attack would prove to be a game ender. Joey looked on as he said “I made a mistake”

The dragon sensing Joey’s fear looked down and roared its displeasure but before it could strike Joey down…Fluttershy met his gaze head on and said in her most threatening tone “How dare you?! Now see here, mister! You will not strike down, Joey! He is simply overwhelmed by your greatness! There is no need to lose your temper”

And then in a voice more ancient than the sands of Egypt Ra spoke, it shook the earth and Fluttershy’s shook in fright “You assume much…I am the god of the sky! My time and energy has been wasted on a coward’s weakness!” there was a pause before it added “A god does not lose its patience”

“Now I don’t know about that” Beerus suddenly said

“Uhhh Lord Beerus….I didn’t notice you….are you well?” Ra asked clearly flustered “I’m sorry if I offended you”

“That’s quite alright…now if you could calm down and let Mr Wheeler use you’re attack…besides you did kill him or send him to the shadow realm…one of the two” Beerus said simply “So maybe this is only fair?”

Ra nodded “Um Mr Wheeler…I know my power maybe a little overwhelming but I promise…I won’t kill you…this time” Ra said as Joey nodded “And sorry Miss Fluttershy, I have to admit for a mortal…you’re very brave”

Joey feeling a little more confident declared “Winged Dragon of Ra attack! Blaze cannon!” the dragon of Ra powered up its attack and in a brilliant surge of fire Red Dragon Archfiend was defeated easily. Thus Jack’s points hit zero.

However despite the intense attack, no one cared about that and were more surprised by Fluttershy standing up to the legendary dragon “Wow!” Leo said as he gave her a high five “Man how did it feel to stare down a god!?”

“Scary” Fluttershy admitted.

“Oh man that was awesome!” Jaden said as he also gave her a high five “I mean you were like, How dare you and then you told it off”

Beerus coughed and said “Well I was the one who got Ra to obey, Joey and all….so where’s my credit?” he smiled and approached Fluttershy “I do believe this is yours by virtue of earning it” he took a card from Joey and Fluttershy looked at the card.

“Sweetie Belle” Fluttershy mumbled.

“Jolly good show! That means there’s no bally reason for you to take on Joey in the final right?” Basil asked as he hoped over but Fluttershy shook her head “Wait why not?!”

“Because Beerus will take the card back if I don’t” Fluttershy said sadly “Right?” Beerus nodded and Fluttershy approached Joey “I don’t want to duel you….but I guess we’re next?” Joey nodded and offered her a hand shake “Please let me…just say I value your friendship and please give me everything you got”

Joey smiled and said “Let’s get to it!”

“As much as we all want to see that” Whis said as he walked closer “The day for duelling is at an end and thus the finals will happen tomorrow”

Basil sighed and whispered “Well that’ll be interesting” Fluttershy and Twilight nodded as the crowd began to disband “You feeling okay, Mam?” Basil asked looking concerned at Fluttershy and then in horror, noticed Fluttershy was bleeding, the blood leaking down her face wasn’t hard to miss but Fluttershy then collapsed “Blast it! Looking into the eyes of a god, terrible idea but then again taking on old poison teeth wasn’t either!”

Fluttershy mumbled “My eyes…burn”

Atem approached in Yugi’s body and said “I’m sorry, Fluttershy…you were very brave to stare down Ra but Ra isn’t a normal dragon” he then looked into her eyes “Yep…her eyes are damaged” he then helped Basil lift Fluttershy onto Basil’s back “We’d better find a doctor”

Author's Note:

So yeah that took a fair bit of time to do but I wasn't sure how to approach this duel. Let's face it...a real duel with this pair would likely end with Jack winning so I decided to include the decks of characters I don't like but like their decks. So that's why Kite's deck was mentioned I don't like Kite but his deck is clearly good. As for Fluttershy...well staring down Ra was an idea that occurred to me during a nightmare...although staring down Freddy Krueger seems much more scary than Ra but oh well. Anyway for the next chapter of this story I do want to hear who you want to win? Fluttershy or Joey?