• Published 7th Mar 2016
  • 805 Views, 23 Comments

Equestria Crossover Confusion 2 HFC- Time to Duel! - Garfield23



The first two of Beerus's twisted game are chosen to participate in the Duellist Universe Tournament. Their opponents will both be friends and rivals but can friendship be established to rescue the first Hostage of Beerus

  • ...
4
 23
 805

Chapter 8- Redwall stands for the fight!

Basil looked at his duel disc, his heart in his mouth, he’d rarely felt this enormous pressure anymore, the next card would decide the fate of himself and Twilight. He stared across at the crowd watching, they were all trying to raise his spirits, Jack nodding with a smile, Crow giving the thumbs up while Leo held Luna’s hand smiling, all seemed eager to see Basil win, all that is except for Twilight, whose eyes were overwhelmed by tears and Basil sighed, he had no choice. He drew a card from his deck, hardly daring to look at it, then he turned the card and his spirits were lifted right away. His life points stuck at 1950, his chances looking slim, he then he looked at his hand and something sparked in his mind, forming into a plan, it was a long shot but then this creature had never seized to surprise him.

“Jolly good! I summon Matthias the Warrior in attack mode!” Basil declared as the mouse warrior of Redwall appeared on the field drawing his sword from his abbey robes, he turned with a smile towards Basil and nodded encouraging. Matthias’s attack points registered in at 2300 “This card is level five but jolly good luck for me, I can lower its level by one by giving up a card from my hand” he discarded a card from his hand and even better I can still normal summon this turn!”

“Ah Basil you old stomach on legs. Took you long enough to summon me!” Matthias said over his shoulder giving Basil the biggest smile which Basil returned “Wow she looks tough” Matthias had just spotted Nightmare Moon and his sword glow seemed to grow all the brighter.

Akiza smiled as she watched the move, it was a start, the monster certainly seemed to be Basil’s ace in the hole but then she heard a groan and looked down to see Yusei’s eyes opening wide “Yusei! Your awake!” and she hugged him close “We’ve been so worried!” the entire group from Team 5d’s gathered as Yusei smiled and patted Akiza on the back “We were so worried! I thought, I’d never….” Her words failed her and she blushed.

Jack slapped Yusei across the part of Yusei’s back he could reach and laughed “Yeah it’d take more than a little crash like that to take Yusei out of it!” he said trying to hide the concern he’d felt “I was beginning to think I’d never get my rematch!”

Yugi smiled and walked over to Yusei “It’s certainly nice to see you again, Yusei” he shook Yusei by the hand and the two remembered their duel against Paradox “Feel up to a duel soon?” Yugi was eager to take Yusei on in a duel but then Yusei pointed at the duel “Ah, that might be a long story”

“I have time” Yusei said trying to push Akiza off him as he rose to his feet weakly but determined “Is that a giant rabbit?” he asked clearly confused by the sight of Basil, who smiled across and gave an uncertain thumbs up “Oh those scores don’t look good. I take it we want the rabbit to win?”

Crow nodded as he said “Yeah the situation isn’t good but first we need answers” he looked at Fluttershy and asked calmly “Why’d your friend call that horse, mum? Your both human aren’t you? Or are you hiding something?”

Fluttershy looked to Joey for support and seeing the reassuring smile, that told her, they would understand but Fluttershy still remembered the rules Beerus and Whis had set for them. Still was there any point in keeping that up anymore? They already suspected them of being something they weren’t, she needed Twilight but she was in no state to make that decision or was she? “I…I don’t know what to….tell you” she finally said looking down at the ground in shame “I…want to tell you all but….I can’t”

There was a long moment of silence with many looks exchanged, some of mistrust, a few suspecting Beerus and Whis but then Yusei said with a small reassuring smile “Alright, we’ll need to hear the truth at some point but for now….that rabbit is continuing his move” and they all turned to see Basil choosing the monster he’d normal summon.

“Alright you blaggard! I summon Warbeak the Sparrow!” Basil declared as the bird appeared on the field unfurling her wings with a loud chirp, that was Warbeak’s battle cry and landed next to Matthias with a smile on her beak, her attack points registered at 1500 “Next I play the field spell, Redwall Abbey!” there was a rubble from behind Basil and the tall walls of Redwall rose from the Earth “With that, you rapscallion, I can then summon any Redwall monster from my deck and all it costs is the top three cards from my deck! So I choose Orlando the Axe!” the massive Banger warrior appeared roaring with his battle axe but he smiled at Matthias who shook his massive paw and Orlando held the mouse’s paw as an equal. The Banger’s attack points were nothing to sniff at, an impressive 2500 and suddenly a cheer went our from Redwall “I forgot to mention for every Redwall on the field, they gain 200 attack points for each but I’m not done”

However before Basil could continue “It’s been too long, Matthias!” Orlando suddenly said as a tear splashed from Orlando’s eyes. Bangers lived much longer than Mice so Orlando could still remember the tragic day, Matthias warrior of Redwall had passed on to the Darkwood and Matthias felt the same pain as Warbeak had died long before he had “Looks like we get one more fight mouse warrior” his attack points now sat at 3100.

Warbeak squawked loudly “Crazy mouse!” she slapped her wing around Matthias’s back “Warbeak so happy to get one more fight with Crazy mouse!” her attack points now sat at 2100. She then took to the air and stared coldly at Nightmare Moon “Horseworm! Warbeak killy killy!”

Nightmare Moon looked bored at the Sparrow and laughed “I control the night, Sparrow! Your no match for me!” she then shot a warning blast from her horn, that narrowly missed Warbeak but landed short of Orlando “Opps”

Matthias couldn’t help a chuckle “Hmhm Warbeak my old sparrow friend, wait for Basil!” he said and turned nodding to Basil with the calm smile Matthias gave to those he trusted “Go ahead Basil! Let me attack!” his attack points sat at 2900 but Matthias wasn’t scared of Nightmare Moon.

Basil nodded and declared “I then play the spell! I am that is!” the spell card flipped up on the field and Matthias drew his sword “With this jolly card in play! I can summon a legend! Martin the Warrior!” Martin the Warrior appeared, his attack points set to 2300 which instantly increased to 2900, he was clad in the same armour Matthias once wore “He has a special ability like no other! He can destroy one card on the field for every card I discard!” Basil only discarded one but that’s all he could afford to do “Destroy Whis’s spell card!” Martin raised his sword high and the spell was destroyed “Orlando, I’m sorry old chap but…”

Orlando turned and placed a reassuring paw on Basil’s shoulder, before nodding “Do it ya crazy rabbit!” he said with a smile and turned, thanks to Martin, his attack points were the same as Nightmare moon’s attack points.

However Basil turned to Fluttershy who nodded and Basil yelled with tears in his eyes “Orlando attack with you jolly axe!” Orlando roared and charged, everything seemed to slow down, as Orlando charged forward, Nightmare Moon fired at him, hitting him square in the chest, Orlando tripped hurt but got back up and kept charging. He jumped high, swinging his axe and Nightmare Moon fired again but both were destroyed.

Joey sighed “I gotta say that was really tough to watch” he whispered to Yugi who nodded “Will ya be okay, Fluttershy?” who turned her face towards him, for all she knew Princess Luna was dead and she buried her face into Joey’s shirt “It’s okay! Basil has won!”

Yusei however frowned, somehow he doubted it would be that easy, surely Whis wasn’t this much of a push over and from what Crow had been whispering to him, Basil shouldn’t have been doing so well. He then stared at Whis, something was very wrong, Whis was smiling and Yusei didn’t like it “I wonder what that snake has up his sleeve” he growled, he then looked at Akiza who was still hugging him close “Um Akiza…are you okay?”

Akiza nodded and she whispered “Yes…I’m just happy your safe”

Basil meanwhile also suspected something wasn’t right but he yelled “Warbeak attack!” the sparrow dived at Whis who seemed still unfazed as his points took their first hit and dropped to 1900 “Now Matthias attack!”

Matthias nodded and charged forward swinging his sword, dropping Whis’s points to zero and Whis sighed “It would appear I have lost, that was a splendid duel and I look forward to the next” he then disappeared leaving the prizes he’d promised, the deck and the four star chips.

Basil walked up and seized his prizes “That was far too easy, old chaps” as Luna and Leo ran up to congratulate him “What is that snake up to? Me thinks whatever it be, it be dashed underhand” he then walked towards Twilight and held out the star chips along with the deck but Twilight turned away in shame “Oh come now! We need you!”

Twilight choked out “I lost…that’s all there is to it”

Basil swore "OH for bally shake!" but despite that, he knew Twilight wouldn't be moved from her position.

Akiza still held Yusei close and whispered into his ear “You scared me more than ever, Yusei! Why can’t we be…” but before she could say it, she stopped and said “More”

Yusei sighed “We’ve been over this, it just wouldn’t work” he then pulled away and walked away but a tear trickled down his face “Yugi, I challenge you and Joey to a double duel!”

Beerus smiled as Whis arrived back “So they have the deck?” to which Whis smiled bowing low “Excellent, now let’s see what they choose to do with the deck” he then laughed “That deck is their best hope…once Yugi or Yusei look it over…what will they do?” he munched on more popcorn “And the next time you duel Whis, I want you to knock Zane from the tournament. He bores me and I want the four most interesting finalists!”

“Yes, Lord Beerus” Whis said with a low bow, as he turned and walked towards the door. He then stopped and said calmly “Have you considered your next step, Lord Beerus?”

“I think it may even be time to collect Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash for their trial” Beerus said with a thoughtful grin “The next move of our little game is about to begin and they’ll face the toughest challenge” suddenly Beerus’ features seemed to turn darker “How long before it emerges?”

Whis shook his head “I’m afraid, Lord. I know not” he then left Beerus frowning at a mirror “We must be ready thou” he said to himself.

Author's Note:

So I had a little time and finally got this finished today but I'm unsure when the next one will be so sorry. Anyway this chapter was a ton of fun, trying to make Basil's deck balanced, pretty sure I didn't do a good job and Yusei finally waking up. Next Duel will be Yusei VS Yugi. Hopefully.

Please have a nice day, remember to review and give it the thumbs up please if it isn't too much trouble.

(I'm not sure what the rules on pictures are but I hope these are okay)