• Published 27th Feb 2016
  • 1,960 Views, 126 Comments

Legend of the Sirens: A Fathers Return - zalla661



Shortly after Sonata and Adagio tell the Rainbooms about their father life goes on. A year later during a school project Adagio reveals a certain obsession she's had over the last year leading her friends to wonder what has her so frightened.

  • ...
8
 126
 1,960

...they end horribly wrong.

The Super X now in the claws of Godzilla was powerless against the massive kaiju. The propulsion system would never generate enough power to break free from his grasp. The crew was nervously awaiting Spitfire’s next order, but the leader of the G-Force waited like she was sizing up her opponent.

Godzilla made no other aggressive moves against the Super X but kept looking at it within his clawed hands. Adagio could have swore he was looking right at her. It made her feel both relieved and uneasy. The siren shifted uncomfortably in her seat feeling the pressure of her restraints on her wrists.

Spitfire then made a motion across her console and a small green screen appeared at eye level with her. She looked it over a few times and with a flick of her writt sent it over to Soarin who looked it over without a word, dutifully analyzing the info he powered the Super X’s main cannon and Spitfire gunned the ventral throttle forcing the nose of the craft up.

Godzilla stared at the human craft with peaked curiosity. Inside the Super X, Adagio watched as the crew went into silent mode continuing their operations without her. She could tell they were purposely keeping things quiet so she didn’t hear, but she didn’t need words to know what they were doing. Sh helped design the Super X. She had the advantage.

She saw what the crew was doing, diverting power to the mauser cannon while generating enough to lift the craft to face Godzilla face to face. She knew it would end badly for her father if she let things go as they were.

She tried to break her restraints, which were zipties, and struggled to get free by slipping her hands through. Sure she was confident the Super X didn’t have enough power to kill Godzilla, but this close to the source of the mauser, she wasn’t so sure. Considering what happened to Elechos from afar there was a good chance Godzilla would die from the cannon at such a dangerously close position.

As Adagio struggled within the ship Godzilla seemed to be interested in the human craft as it resisted his grip. Holding onto it firmly he looked it over when he noticed a change in the coloration from its tiny mouth. She recognized it and quickly averted the blue spot away from his face.

Inside Adagio watched in horror as Soarin fired the mauser and clipped her father's neck. The solid blue beam cut through his thick hide like a smoldering hot knife to butter. Godzilla roared in pain falling over to the ground. He used his front arms to soften the impact of his body, while the Super X remained afloat like nothing happened.

“Target is down Major!” Soarin cheered aloud.

“Yeah! We did it!” Fleetfoot yelled, pumping her arms in the air hitting the console above her.

Just as the crew of the Super X began to cheer for their success Godzilla flicked his massive tail to the side of the Super X and sent it flying across the air, spinning like a football. Inside the crew gripped their chairs as they helplessly collided with the side of a small hill. Adagio only being held by a ziptie had the worst of it. The force of the spinning was too much and tore the zip ties and sent her flying around the craft as it spun.

As the Super X came crashing into the side of a small hill Adagio landed on her back on the side of the ship near the back end of the bridge. Sparks flew across the bridge as some of the consoles ignited into fire, others simply shattered to pieces, a large chunk of metal from the support broke knocking out Soarin, and a piece of debris hit Adagio across the face and embedded itself into the wires of an exposed panel.

She had a nasty cut across her face bangled slightly between her eyes. Blood ran down her face and stained her suit, she moved every limb to see if anything broke. After a quick checkup she found only a few bruises and cuts, but otherwise she was in good condition, though her body said otherwise.

Trying to get up she heard the Super X crew groan as they tried to make sense of what had happened. The Super X was now on its side facing the ocean and the two downed kaiju.

Spitfire groaned slapping her palm on her console, coughing from inhaling smoke and yelled, “*Cough* Is everyone alright?!”

“Spain is out cold Major.” Fleetfoot said checking the man next to her. “I think he’s fine but we should get him back.”

“NO! We end this now! Flutter status report!”

“Major, we lost main power and the mauser cannon isn’t working properly.” Another woman said near the back of the ship. “Conventional weapons are still active. That power fluctuation Soarin told you about is really acting up again.”

“I don’t care about some power fluctuation all I care about is getting this tub back in the air,” Spitfire hissed angrily to the crewmember. “Can we do that?”

“Well, yes we can but we’re in no condition to fight. That power fluctuation is coming from the main reactor. We can’t stay here. We need to get back for repairs.” Flutter strongly emphasised the peril of their condition in her tone. Adagio figured if that wasn’t enough to convince Spitfire to the direness of their situation nothing short of destroying the Super X would.

The siren looked up at the view screen to see Elechos had recovered enough to start attacking her father again. The insectoid kaiju lunged itself on top of Godzilla biting his open wounded neck, its mandibles easily tearing through his exposed flesh causing him to groan.
Elechos struggled to remained latched onto the oversized lizard as Godzilla struggled, swaying from side to side, in an attempt to shake off Elechos. Adagio watched on as the crew began to bicker at Spitfire’s inability to call a retreat. Half were saying she was mad while the other half supported her to fight until the end.

Seeing her father losing this fight Adagio quickly scanned the interior of the Super X. getting up, and thankful the crew was too fixated on bickering among themselves to notice her, she looked for a emergency access hatch.

“Where was it?” She asked herself looking over the back wall.

Finding a series of yellow and black striped bands she saw a small manhole shaped door on the back wall across the otherside from her, technically above her.

“Damn, can’t get there without being noticed.” She cursed her luck.

Biting her tongue she noticed the crew slowly began to take Spitfire's side, but with great reluctance, and began to go back to operating the Super X.

“Fleetfoot, get us upright, Flutter arm the guns. We’re going in hot!”

Adagio could almost hear to lustful pleasure behind Spitfire’s words. She gave a disgusted look to the back of the Major, never before did she have such disdain for another being to this level.

She shook her angered feelings off when she felt the Super X begin to level itself. The propulsion system silently running and the crew began to chatter among themselves as Adagio used the commotion to sneak back and grab her laptop.

Making her way to the hatch Adagio opened it, creating a soft hissing noise which , made one of the nearby crewmembers look directly at her. An awkward pause followed as Adagio had one leg in the hatch as the crewmen looked her over. Adagio gave her a silly grin with a twiddle of her fingers when the female officer suddenly scream out, “She’s getting away!”

“Shit!” Adagio cursed throwing herself clumsily into the hatch and closed it.

On the bridge Spitfire unbuckled herself from her seat and stood to look back. Seeing no sign of Adagio she punched her chair making it spin into her knee. Spitfire growled smashing her fist on the back of the chair to prevent it from spinning again.

“Slippery bitch. Where did she go?!”

The crewmember pointed to the maintenance hatch where Adagio slipped in just seconds earlier.

“She went in main Junction C.” she said pointing.

“C? C…” Spitfire thought about Junction C when a look of horror filled her eyes. “Fleetfoot! Get your butt over here!”

The smaller officer made her way over to the major and saluted. “Yes, Major!”

“Get in that shaft and deal with Razzle Dazzle, understood?”

Fleetfoot nodded confidently. “Yes, ma’am!”

Walking past her CO, Fleetfoot opened the hatch and peered inside. She was about to enter when a hand on her shoulder pulled her back out. SHe turned to see the Major’s hand in her face. She gasped at the sight if a small 9mm pistol whose handle was less than an inch from her nose.

Spitfire shook the firearm once, making its components click against one another. Fleetfoot nervously took hold of the handle of the pistol but Spitfire tugged it getting her attention. Fleetfoot looked into her eyes which had a deathly weight to them.

Spitfire looked directly into her eyes and said in a cold steel tone, “You find her. You make sure she doesn’t leave this ship. Are we clear?”

Fleetfoot felt her brain die at that moment. Never once did she think she’d have to kill another human being, or at least never have to look them in the eye as she pulled the trigger on them. *Why I joined the Air Force.* She thought pulling the gun away from Spitfire.

“I’ll get it done ma’am.” She said, holstering the sidearm to her leg.

“Good. Once you finish secure the body and get back here.” Spitfire placed her hands on Fleetfoot's shoulders and spoke softly to her. “We need you, Fleet.”

“I’ll be back. Count on it.” Fleetfoot said crawling into the hatch. Spitfire watched as the tiny woman squeezed through with ease and envy.

“I hate her so much for being so small.” Spitfire shook her head.

Flutter barked into laughter covering her mouth with unceremonious snorts. “Yeah! Like your big butt is barely small enough to fit in the seat!”

Spitfire blushed as the rest of the crew join in laughter at their leader, who made her walk of shame back to her seat. As luck would have it the base had worn so much and bent just enough to weaken the metal support. ONce Spitfire sat down the chair broke from its base and sent her sprawling to the ground with a girly yelp.

The crew burst into laughter as Spitfire yelled at them indignantly.

“Hey! Secure those lips everyone! We still got two monsters to kill!”

Everyone got serious instantly, saluting from their seats. “Aye ma’am!”

Taking a seat where Adagio was before Spitfire secured herself to the seat, strapping in, and took control of the Super X from her new station.

“Let’s finish this.” She said, as she propelled the Super X towards the two kaiju.

Godzilla was now on top of Elechos, his massive claws pinned the insectoids head into the dirt as it snapped its mandibles at him with little success.

Still far away and slowly approaching them, the Super X fired a volley of armor piercing rockets at them without discrimination. The rockets hit both kaiju piercing through their tough hides like tissue paper. This forced Godzilla off of Elechos who seized the opportunity to swing its leg under Godzilla’s leg and trip him.

Godzilla hit the ground face first. His muzzle burrowing through created a large dust cloud of soil and dirt around his massive maw, filling it with dirt as well. He spat out the dirt and gave Elechos a mighty roar that shook the the very foundation of the Super X despite being in the air.

Godzilla unlatched his lower jaw like a serpent and lunged his open maw at Elechos biting his wounded neck. Much to his surprise, Elechos swung its head with extended mandibles and bit down on Godzilla’s upper jaw. This surprised the massive kaiju stopping him in place as a massive surge of pain ran through his muzzle while Elechos twisted it violently.

Seeing the two struggling the Super X fired another volley or armor piercing rockets at the two monsters hitting them all over their bodies. The specialized rockets tore through their hides again like they were nothing and once again, surprised by the assault, both monsters fell to their sides this time into the open ocean shallows.

The crystal clear water turned into a dark dirty brown color as the two kaijus blood poured out from their now deep massive wounds. Elechos hurled itself into the water in a last ditch effort to flee.

Godzilla roared ready to follow but was stopped by another volley of rockets striking his back. Several parts of his bony scutes fell into the ocean along with huge chunks of his seared flesh. He quickly turned to face the Super X, and stood tall as he could to make himself as imposing as possible.

Spitfire gave a lighthearted chuckle while her crew began having second thoughts about this.

“What bravado the beast has.” Spitfire said, feeling a begrudging respect for Godzilla not fleeing. “Oh well, too bad the other one got away. At least we get to bag the big one. Lock-on!”

The new gunner took aim at Godzilla’s torso, but Spitfire stopped her patting her hand with her own.

“Aim higher. I want his head.” She sneered at the screen with a most sadistic look.

The crewmember stared at Spitfire like she was some sort of madwoman. The hungry look in her eyes told it all. There was nothing but unbridled hatred for Godzilla. There would be no remorse. No second thoughts. Only cold calculations backed by a bloodthirsty hunger for revenge.

The crew member took aim at Godzilla’s head. Her hands shook unsteadily as a small cursor on her screen homed in at his muzzle, but Spitfire wasn’t satisfied.

“Let’s be a little more… surgical.” She suggested placing her own hand calmly on the other persons.

Spitfire then adjusted the cursor to aim directly into his mouth. She was ready to strike. Now she awaited the perfect opportunity to deliver a decisive blow to Godzilla, one that would kill the beast once and for all.

“Load a round of cadmium shells.”

*Meanwhile*

Deep in the bowels of the Super X, Adagio crawled through the tight passages looking for a way out of the craft. She made a slight detour to the mainframe of the Super X’s computer. She had one goal in mind, stopping Spitfire from killing her father.

Here in the heart of the Super X was the central processor for the whole craft. Being what it is, the Super X is an overly complicated machine that required a massive amount of computing power to keep the craft functioning that it was originally deemed impossible to make years ago. Thus the project came to an abrupt end.

Adagio crawled underneath the mainframe and gently nestled herself between the metal floors and the CPU. She felt her breasts pressed firmly against the edges of the CPU, causing her some irritate discomfort.

“Damn this body of mine. Why couldn’t I be flat chested? Why?” She whinned, as she stretched her arms to pull a cable from the CPU and attached it to her laptop.

Powering up the laptop, Adagio frowned as she pulled herself out from beneath the massive CPU frame. The CPU itself was housed in a room dedicated to it. It was roughly twenty feet long and over ten feet high, thus giving the CPU a large amount of work space to accommodate the human technicians. The CPU looked like a large square black box with hundreds of lights in rows across two of its faces. Several were red while the majority were green.

Adagio inspected the labels on the side of the CPU looking for a specific port. Taking over a minute she found the port where Soarin reported there was a power fluctuation to the reactor. Something Adagio had prior knowledge of.

She pulled the harddrive out of the CPU setting off the internal alarms. The blaring sound rang in her ears like several knives piercing her eardrums. Trying to ignore the knife piercing pains in her throbbing head, she made quick work with her laptop trying to bypass the safety protocols set in place. She entered her old user and password and crossed her fingers that they weren’t changed since the project was halted.

“Come on, come on…”

She bit her lip nervously as she waited for the system to run her password and user. She knew she didn’t have much time and knowing Spitfire there was going to be hell to pay for what she was about to do. Not only that but she knew now that Rainbow would be targeted for associating with her.

Not to mention Spitfire knew they were lovers.

*Gods I was stupid! What was I thinking telling her that Rainbow and I were together?!* Adagio scolded herself internally for letting her relationship with Rainbow slip out.

A bright yellow screen from her laptop caught her attention. She quickly recomposed herself as she scanned over the screen. Seeing her old password granted her access to the system she grinned and began to work. She accessed the Sper X’s propulsion correction program which kept the craft level while in flight, and began to apply a self made virus to feed into the system. The process took her less than a minute to prepare but as she entered the command to download the virus program a loud bang overpowered the alarms for a second followed by a sharp pain in her left shoulder.

“Gah! Damn it!” Adagio screamed and fell to the floor.

He gripped her wounded shoulder, her arm completely limp, and barely managed to turn around to see Fleetfoot towering over her with a gun pointed directly at her. Adagio made no sudden movements but the shock she felt from being shot made her slightly frantic.

“You bitch! You shot me!” She made a gesture with her limp arm. “YOU SHOT ME!”

Even in her disgruntled state Adagio could see fear in Fleetfoot’s eyes. The woman shook slightly and the gun was unsteady in her shaky grip. Adagio knew deep down Fleetfoot was not one to harm others, but she also knew that everyone had a limit.

“I’m sorry.” Fleetfoot said to her trying to calm herself with deep breaths.

Adagio replied without rage, “You don’t shoot your friend and saw you’re sorry like you stepped on their foot! What’s wrong with you!?”

She saw the woman flinch from her words. She knew she was playing with Fleetfoot's emotions, but Adagio was so used to manipulating others it was second nature to her to get what she wanted. In this case it was to not get shot again.

Thankfully she managed to get on Fleetfoot’s nerve. “Look, I have to… I need to do this.” She said pointing the gun at Adagio’s head.

Giving a sarcastic scoff Adagio rolled her head and eyes with greatly exaggerated motions. “Oh, lucky me. Glad I was right about you.” She said snarkily.

That seemed to irritate Fleetfoot, who responded by stomp her booted foot on the ground. “What’s that suppose to mean?”

Giving a light chuckle Adagio slowly stood up and looked directly into Fleetfoot’s eyes with an almost predatory fierceness behind them and said to her, “I always knew you were Spitfire’s little bitch.”

“NO I’M NOT! I’m no ones bitch!”Fleetfoot screamed at Adagio hitting her across the face with the gun in anger.

The force of the hit sent Adagio to the floor. She was surprised by the show of force and at the same time felt a bit of respect for the human, if she wasn’t so concerned with not getting shot again. *Perhaps I went to far that time.* She admitted to herself.

Fleetfoot then pointed the gun at her head once more and said in a low tone as the alarms went silent. “I’m not anyone's bitch, but you are the biggest bitch I’ve ever met.”

“That’s bull and you know it, Fleet.” Adagio retorted.

Fleetfoot was taken aback by the statement. For a brief moment she looked like she was ready to give up but her will resolved in the end and she stood fast against Adagio’s words.

“I have to do this. You don’t know what she’s like.” She said, she was obviously referring to Spitfire.

Knowing her fear of the fire haired woman, Adagio shook her head feeling disappointed for some reason.

“I don’t know why you let her control you Fleetfoot. Why do you let her?” she asked almost pleadingly.

Fleetfoot flexed her gloved fingers, resting her index finger in the trigger and slowly tugged it back. Adagio watched as the finger slipped further and further back and Fleetfoot simply stared at Adagio with a guilty look.

Finally she after a few agonizing seconds she said, “I fear her because there is no limits to her.” She admitted to her old friend. “I care for her, but I fear her. You don’t know what she’s like Razzle! I have to do this or else!”

Adagio gave her so called friend a cold stare. “Fine, do what you must. Just know Fleetfoot,” She took a menacing step forward, a fire burned in her eyes as she looked right into Fleetfoot’s and said, “If you pull that trigger all my debts to you will be forgotten and you will incur my wrath if you miss. I promise you.”

Fleetfoot didn’t flinch this time. Instead she gave a sad nod to Adagio prepared to follow through with her order.

“At this range I can’t miss.” She insisted pulling the trigger.

“We’ll see.” Adagio replied.

Following her words was a sound of thunder, and Godzilla roared loudly as his remaining scutes began glowing blue. A low humming sound originated from him as the blue glow intensified more and more until it reached his head and expanded over his chest.

Spitfire grinned at this. This was what she was waiting for. With the cadmium shells ready the Major pressed the ignition ready to deliver their deadly payload as Godzilla opened his jaws. In the seconds to follow all hell broke loose.

/// Virus upload complete. Have a nice day. ///