• Published 27th Feb 2016
  • 1,959 Views, 126 Comments

Legend of the Sirens: A Fathers Return - zalla661



Shortly after Sonata and Adagio tell the Rainbooms about their father life goes on. A year later during a school project Adagio reveals a certain obsession she's had over the last year leading her friends to wonder what has her so frightened.

  • ...
8
 126
 1,959

Rising

As the egg shaped object continued to flex its shell Rainbow along with most everyone around watched it with perplexed looked. A nearby computer was beeping as a scientist ran over to see a huge energy spike buildup.

"Another EMP!" she screamed out.

As with the first EMP blast, the shock wave sent out made everything around with power flicker before fading away. This one however had a more adverse effect. As the object once again began to pulsate building up energy something else was heard in the air above. Everyone looked up at a cloudy sky seeing nothing out of the ordinary.

When Rainbow and Adagio looked up they saw a large airliner tumbling down from the sky. Everyone watched as the aircraft plummeted into the ocean with a loud bang. It landed close to the shallows making the aircraft explode on impact. Rainbow watched in horror as soldiers scattered and tried to mount a rescue squad sending row boats into the water to check the burning wreckage for survivors.

Adagio watched as Rainbow ran to the edge of the hole. She followed the woman to the edge and quickly pulled her back.

"What are you doing idiot!? Are you trying to get yourself caught or worse?" she growled.

"Hey I can't just sit here while people eat it because of this thing!" Rainbow snapped back.

"I know I can't stand to watch either but what can we do?"

"We can, I -I don't know! But we have to do something!" Rainbow said gesturing to the open ocean.

"We can't do anything to help right now. What we can do is get the-"

Boom! Boom! Boom!

The earth began to rumble making everyone fall off their feet. As the earth shook one scientist was looking at a seismometer, it's tiny needle was scratching at a long line of paper showing great seismic activity which wasn't common in this part of the continent. Adagio ran beside him seeing the readings nearly going off the scale.

"What is it?" she asked him reaching for the paper.

The man looked at the paper as well not bothering with Adagios ID badge since she was in an officer uniform. "I don't know ma'am. I, I have never seen readings like this here before."

"Is it a fault line? I thought Canterlot City wasn't on a fault line?"

"No ma'am." he replied pointing at a map nearby. It showed all the geographical features of Canterlot and nothing there showed any signs of a fault line. "We're no on the fault line directly its over twenty kilometers out in the ocean though. It's possible we can be feel....ing...."

He stared wide eyed out to the ocean which was now receding as if some unforeseen force was draining the worlds water from existence. Many of the boats in the water were dragged out to the sea with the retreating water. So far did the water recede that the wreckage of the airliner that fell moments ago was now completely visible. It's broken frame lay at the bare bottom of the oceans shallows as several soldiers in the lower part of the compound rushed to get to higher ground. Many took refuge on the ship making it very cramped to stay in one place very long.

Scientists and soldiers alike stood shoulder to shoulder as they watched the sea flooding out. Rainbow couldn't believe her eyes. It was something out of a scifi movie. As she watched recalling in her geography class a time she asked about tsunamis it hit her tenfold just what was going on. As amazing as the sight was it filled her with terror knowing this was going to get messy for lots of people. Off in the distance the warship Saratoga was making good time getting out into the deeper part of the shelf before they were beached.

As the ship began to settle the waters came rushing back. It was far less impressive than Rainbow and Adagio had expected but it was relieving to say the least. With a heavy sigh they braced themselves for the inevitable impact. The rushing water impacted the side of the massive cargo ship shaking it even from it's deep rooted foundation. Everyone on board nearly fell to the floor with only a few managing to hold onto the side rails for support against the impact.

Adagio looked back and saw the water collide with the open fields behind. The water engulfed the fields as animals ran as far up as they could. Some cows didn't make it and were swept away with the current but the majority did make it to higher grounds before hand. Adagio sighed feeling bad for the poor cows but she quickly dispelled the thought as the earth shook again nearly toppling her over. Moments later the egg had another energy buildup and another EMP shot out.

People screamed and yelled as all these events happened simultaneously.

It was chaos all around and Adagio along with Rainbow and everyone else had no idea what was going on until out at sea something caught Adagio's eyes. A large dark set of fin like objects came rushing towards them clipping the Saratoga's bow pushing it aside like it was nothing. The large fins came closer and closer seemingly with no intention to stop. Just as the cargo vessel was mere meters away the fins stopped and the Saratoga shifted it's position to flank the side of the fins leaving a large amount of space between them. It's guns aimed at the fins as a voice over a loudspeaker said, "Hold fire, hold fire!"

Adagio looked at the large fin like structures with a shocked expression. Rainbow stood beside her with an equally surprises expression along with most everyone else. The fins went far out at least a hundred meters in rows running along the back of a fleshy base. Moments after the Saratoga came to a halt in the water the fins at the farthest end began to rise out of the water on a long tail that went completely vertical like a pole before plummeting down splashing the water away as a hulking black scaled figure arose from the depths of the water.

First was more fins which Adagio recognized as scutes. They were large jagged and looked like they could cut right through steel. They were attached to a massive black body of scales and muscle with a large reptilian head that was very box shaped. The now erect gargantuan creature looked around as scanning the area for something. It had two massive arms that hung limp at it's side clenched into fists. The creature had beady eyes and a massive jawline with a massive puffed out chest. It looked around several times before it's attention focused on the cargo ship, more specifically the hole where the pulsating egg object was.

It gave off a deep gurgled growl lowering it's posture to stand on all fours, and then it slowly walked closer to the ship as most everyone turned to flee. Adagio didn't even budge as Rainbow attempted to get her to move by pulling at the sirens arm. The siren stared at the creature in awe his reflection on her eyes apparent to any who would have looked.

Rainbow yelled at her, "Adagio we need to go! NOW!"

The younger woman pulled with all her might but Adagio never moved or budged. She instead held a hand on Rainbows's cupping it in both of her. She pulled the former Rainboom member closer and held her close pointing to the beast.

"Don't worry Rainbow. That's him. That's my father."

Rainbow Dash looked upon the beast and was unable to say any cognitive sentences. Instead she settled for an old fashion, "Wow."

Adagio giggled looking at her father. "Yeah, wow is right."

The beast looked down at them focusing on the siren with a curious glance. It's growls tuned to small clicks and chirps. Adagio tried to make sense of the noises her father made. It was his voice but something was different. It was the same voice she knew from so long ago, there was no doubt, but the words behind the voice were foreign to her ears.

Before Adagio had chance to say anything else the ground shook violently again. This time the entire ship shook and began to lean over ready to topple. Adagio and Rainbow screamed as the slid off the side of the ship. Rainbow managed to hold onto the side of the rail just in time and caught her lovers hand saving her a one way trip to certain doom.

"Th-thanks Rainbow!" Adagio said in a shaky voice.

"Heh, yeah, just take me out to dinner when this is over and we'll call it good." rainbow replied.

Just then her grip slipped as the full weight of them both began to take its toll on her arm. Rainbow strained to reinforce her grip and saw that she was letting Adagio slip as well.

"Dagi, I can't - gah, hold!" she strained her voice trying to speak.

"Don't worry Dash! Just hold on!"

before another word was spoken the ship started to rotate back into its original position. Rainbow used the last of her strength to swing Adagio up over the side of the ships rails and scrambled to get herself up. Panting she looked over at the sea here the beast, Adagio's father, glanced down at them. Rainbow swore she saw a hint of a smile creep along the giants jaw but quickly faded as he turned to face his right.

Adagio and Rainbow both looked as well seeing the earth beginning to bulge like a bubble. The ship began to quake again as this happened and from the sand and earth came a large monster similar in size to Adagio's father but was different looking. This one was much shorter standing on all four of its short stubby legs. It's tail was armored and spiked. It's back had a large shell over it with hundreds of sharp looking spikes on it like a hedgehog it's head was short and narrow with a massive mouth with razor teeth and a crown of sharp horns on the back of its skull.

An Asian man stood by watching, he muttered one word as he laid eyes on the second beast, "Angurius."

The beast called Angurius roared loudly shaking off the dirt as it clumsily faced Adagios father who in turn faced it and roared back. Rainbow stared in shock at the second beast as it charged the first one ramming it's head into Adagio's father's gut sending both of them back several steps.

As if things weren't chaotic enough the Saratoga began firing its canon at the two fighting kaiju. The first shot hit the Anguruis in the head annoying it a bit but shrugged it off to continue its attack against his opponent. On the cargo ship the scientists fled as several soldiers ran across the bow firing their small arms at the battling kaiju. Realizing this Rainbow scoffed at how stupid it seemed.

She and Adagio stayed behind until one round from the Saratoga missed the kaiju and hit the cargo ship sending several soldiers falling to the ground below. Adagio and Rainbow fled with her lover off the ship and into the open sands of the beach running for 'Tom'. Getting in the massive truck Adagio overturned the engine ans swiftly grabbed hold of the gear bar and stuck it in reverse. The lighting on the dashboard went red on the 'R', indicating the proper gear and put the petal to the metal.

Moment's later the cargo ship fell over again crushing the area they were just in as the two beasts fought viciously biting at one another. The Anguruis bit down on Adagio's fathers arm who bit back in the small kaijus neck. Glancing back from the passenger side Rainbow watched the battle as they drove off the beach on onto the road getting safely away from the fight.

"Wow, now that was awesome." she said putting her head back in the vehicle.

Author's Note:

Hello everyone.

I know, this chapter is not the best of my work I know and my secret editor was not willing to help me anymore so I once again have no editor and have to painstakingly go through this miyself. That being said I DO miss things and would be more than happy to correct any and all mistakes presented to me so sorry about that and sorry it took so long to get this out.

All that aside I am pleased to announce that the real action most if not all of you have been waiting for is on the horizon! Hope you enjoy the teaser until then!:pinkiecrazy: