• Published 27th Feb 2016
  • 1,960 Views, 126 Comments

Legend of the Sirens: A Fathers Return - zalla661



Shortly after Sonata and Adagio tell the Rainbooms about their father life goes on. A year later during a school project Adagio reveals a certain obsession she's had over the last year leading her friends to wonder what has her so frightened.

  • ...
8
 126
 1,960

Impersonating and Espionage

Author's Note:

Adagio awoke the next morning not feeling rested.

Her eyes were blood shot red and dark bags hung under them.

She was so tired. She moved sluggishly as she got out of bed. Her hair was a tangled mess and she looked like a zombie to her kitchen. She was still in her clothes from the previous day with her lab coat still on. She went over to her small TV and turned on her cable-box followed by the flatscreen. She sat on a small couch setting her feet on a small wooden table between her and the TV.

For the next several minutes she flipped through the channels to all the broadcaster news stations. She set her smart TV to six of her regular news stations including NCC and Canterlot News Network. She sat there watching the various news networks for over thirty minutes fighting the urge to fall back asleep until something caught her eye.

The top corner channel showed a breaking news report. She turned the others off and began recording the news on an old VHS she managed to wire up with her box. She set the screen to full and an image of ta news woman came into view. She wore a simple red suit and had an umbrella in one hand with a microphone in the other and below her was a news line that said, /Missing Ship in Pacific/.

"-and we have new breaking news. Over the last year over twenty ships have gone missing in the Pacific shipping lanes and the US Coast Guard and Navy are on high alert for any potential pirate activity." she said wiping her bangs out of her eyes. "Although seventeen pirate groups have been caught thanks to US Naval and UN support the missing cargo ships continue to raise the question is it really pirates or someone else?"

Adagio listened intently sunning to her room and powering her laptop as she ran back to the living area. She set the portable device on her table, her fingers danced across the keys at over 400 words a minute as she listened to the lady reporter.

"Since these disappearances the Navy has began routine patrols and now-"

Adagio tuned her out as she opened a internet tab to her default homepage. There she typed, "Ship disappearances news" and waited for the results to come up. Adagio watched the news woman as she went on about something called the UN Naval Defense Protocol. Moments later the results of her search came up and she quickly scanned over them seeing a new title for CNN: Missing Ship Crew Member Washes Ashore! She clicked on the link and opened it up to an image of a dirty old man covered in seaweed.

"-this new UN military protocol is to monitor all naval activity keeping all cargo vessels on a 24 hour open communication line. With so much raw materials invested in other countries the US has taken a large portion of the responsibility diverting over sixty percent of it's fleet to the Pacific to aid-"

Adagio quickly read over the article about the sailor who washed ashore hearing only part of the news woman's speech. This whole thing was routine for her. Over the last year she developed the habit of turning on the news and jut watched it for hours until she got bored or hunger drove her away. Her sisters hated her growing obsession and so did her friends. This eventually lead to her moving out on her own and put her relationship with Rainbow on hold, or as the rainbow haired athlete said, 'We should take a break.'

It angered Adagio to think about that day. Ever since they 'took a break' was when she realized Rainbow was taking a shine to this worlds Twilight Sparkle. It annoyed her to no end. One of the benefits to having an obsession was it made it easier to forget things you disliked, unless they were the source of your obsession. She forced the thoughts out of her head as she read down the article of the sailor.

"Cargo ship crew member Pasternak of the late missing cargo ship Hacksaw, wow what a name, was found on the shores of Canterlot Bay early in the morning around 4:31 AM." she said reading it aloud. She pressed her finger against he bright screen running her nail gently across with the lines of text. "Crew member claims to have seen a large monster that tore through the hull of the ship which caused it to sink. Blah, blah, blah, concerned with his mental stability and background in the US Army, Mr Pasternak was sent to mental rehab at Canterlot Mental Facility. Hmm."

Adagio leaned back in her chair brushing her golden hair back with her hands. She inhaled loudly as the sound of the newscaster voice echoed in her mind. Her mind was a jumble of thoughts at the moment. She racked her brain with everything she learned and wondered just what she could do with it all?

She started to formulate a plan in her mind when a series of knocks came from her door. Cautiously she got up and reached for a metal baseball bat she kept close. Over the last year she made a lot of friendly connections some not so friendly and was ever so cautious about answering her door. She peered through the peephole seeing Rainbow Dash alone looking into the peephole too then knocked again. Adagio's heart skipped at the sight of her former girlfriend. *What is she doing her? Better yet, how did see find me?* she thought.

Before she could stop herself she unlocked the door and swung it open putting on a silly grin and leaned on the door frame. "Hey Rainbow. What are you doing here?" she asked trying to look like she was uninterested.

Rainbow frowned at her making Adagio's grin falter. "What am I doing here?! Well, I'll tell you what I'm, hey!"

Rainbow didn't get to finish as Adagio grabbed her and pulled her inside shutting the door behind her and locking it. the prismatic haired woman looked at the siren with a worried look.

"He-hey Adagio? Look whatever you're planning let's talk about this first before we both end up doing something we both regret."

That didn't seem to phase the siren who was now looking out from her curtains like a creeper would. Skulking around her room Adagio quickly closed her laptop and pulled Rainbow over to the couch pushing her down onto it and sitting beside her.

"Listen Rainbow. I know we haven't talked a lot lately but-" she was cut off by the other woman waving her off.

"Oh, so now you want to talk to me? We haven't spoke in almost six months! Where have you been?! Have you been here by yourself?! IS THIS WHY ARIA AND SONATA ALWAYS BUG US WORRIED ABOUT YOU?!" she said raising her voice throwing a small stack of paper s on the table to the floor. Adagio glared at her. *I just organized those.*

"Rainbow please let me explain!"

Rainbow crossed her arms glaring at the siren who gave her the saddest most pathetic look she'd ever seen. It was cute, but it made her even more angry knowing she was being played. After what felt like an eternity she relented holding up her hands in defeat.

"Ugh, fine whatever. Just say what you need to say so I can go back to being mad at you." Rainbow huffed.

Adagio rubbed her temples feeling a huge headache coming on. "Look, you're mad at me I get that. You have every right to be, but you need to understand that my work is really important to me." She reached for Rainbow who pushed her away violently, her eyes were teary and brimmed with anger.

"So what? You're little obsession has replaced me? Is that what you're saying?" Rainbow asked clenching her fists trying not to sob and choke as she spoke, "Is this why you pushed me away?"

Adagio looked shocked wondering where all this was coming from. Hurt and confusion took hold of the siren as she tried to make sense of all htis. *So Rainbow thinks I pushed her away? I need to talk with her about this.* She thought as she scooted closer to he young woman putting her hands on her shoulders and Rainbow made no attempt to push away this time. Whether it was she was too exhausted or too angry Adagio wasn't sure but she needed Rainbow now as much as she needed her.

"Rainbow, do you remember that night a year ago at Pinkies place when Sonata and I told you and your friends about our father?" the other woman nodded silently never breaking her gaze. "Well, that night when you asked me if I was OK, I, I lied to you. I heard something,' Adagio tried to get the words out but it was difficult for her. She felt like the world was choking her as she tried to talk forcing her to rethink every word along the way. "I, I think I heard him back then."

"Who?"

"...... My father. I heard his voice. I'm sure of it!" Adagio said standing up with a clenched fist.

She then reached for Rainbow holding her hand in front of her. Rainbow was still angry at Adagio that she didn't want to take the hand offered, instead she stood up and brushed the hand away with her own resting her hands on her hips.

Her rude gesture weighed heavily on Adagio's heart. She gave Rainbow a pleading look, putting her hands together in a ball as she leaned into Rainbow shoulder. "Rainbow please. I'm trying here I really am. I let my obsession with finding my father since then get between us, I just, I missed him so much I wanted to see him again. Because of that I hurt you and I'm sorry. Please Rainbow-"

"You left without saying a word to me."

"What?"

Rainbow glared at Adagio stepping forward making the fearful siren backpedal into the wall. Rainbow then grabbed her white coat collar pulling her close to her their noses almost touched.

"I trusted you. I loved you. And you abandoned me." the Prismatic woman said. "Give me one good reason I should give you another chance."

The two women just stood there in silence. Neither made a move but Adagio tried to reach for Rainbow. She stopped several times slowly inching her hand closer to the woman's face. Eventually she touched the soft cheek rubbing her palm against Rainbow's cheek gently. The other woman let this go on but it was apparent she wasn't impressed.

Adagio gave a weak smile reaching for her with her other hand pressing both palms against Rainbows cheeks. She ran her hands down her jawline pulling Rainbow into a gentle kiss. A flurry of emotions hit them both. Adagio felt happy like she did when they first feel in love and Rainbow felt all her anger boil away giving way to a nostalgic feeling of compassion she long forgot she had.

Eventually they separated leaving them both feeling content but confused about what to do next. Rainbow smiled but quickly put on her best angry face wrapping her arms around Adagio's waist. "I'm still mad at you."

The siren smiled wrapping her arms around Rainbows waist as well. "I wouldn't have it any other way. So, are we good?"

"Let me think..." Rainbow said pulling the siren close locking lips with hers.

With that the former Rainboom pulled her lover down onto the couch with her and they made passionate love for the next ten minutes. Adagio rubbed her hands over her lovers neck and hips while Rainbow experimented herself rediscovering Adagio all over again. It was a truly magical moment for the two after being separate for so long. Then at the peek of their love making, the TV became loud with Breaking News.

"This is a breaking news bulletin, we have just confirmed that the US Government has found one of the missing cargo ships that was lost in the last week and has dispatched the Saratoga and the Coast Guard to close off the site. No one is allowed near the sight and our crew was told by US Officials that the soldiers placed there to guard the sight have been order to arrest anyone. The area the ship is located in is the Canterlot Coastline just south of the city off the 52. We'll give more on this br-"

The news man stopped as he was handed a paper from off screen and read it.

"I've just been handed a report that one of our investigators has confirmed the presence of a massive unidentified organic matter in the ship being watched closely by the soldiers and that the science and research vessel Lifeline was dispatched just an hour ago, how old is this?"

'We just got it but it's over six hours old.' Someone said off camera.

"How did we- beeeeeee-"

The TV cut off as the signal to the station was lost.

Adagio and Rainbow watched in shock at the event. Rainbow thought it was odd but didn't really care about it returning to rest on the couch, but Adagio got a determined look. Rainbow saw it and gave an exasperated sigh. She snatched the white lab coat as it turned to flee stopping Adagio from making a beeline to her room.

"OK, Adagio what's with you. You know this kind of obsession is what broke us apart in the first place." Rainbow said in a cold tone.

Adagio glanced over to her lover pulling her coat free. "Please Rainbow, I have to do this."

"Do what?" Rainbow asked as she followed Adagio into the room as she quickly discarded all her clothes before Rainbow making her blush and look away.

"What? it's not like I have anything you haven't seen before." she said jokingly at Rainbow laughing.

"Yeah whatever. So what are you doing?" she asked looking to see Adagio in an older Air Force Officer Uniform. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to the site. I need to know what that organic matter is." she said putting on her rank pins and ribbons.

It then donned on Rainbow what the uniform was. "Is that a Colonels Eagle?"

"Yeup." Adagio replied measuring her ribbons on her uniform.

"Why do you have that?" Rainbow asked surprised by this revelation.

Adagio remained silent for a minute as she put the finishing touches on her uniform. She then put on her cap and some black gloves.

"A few years before my sisters and I came to Canterlot, we had assumed various identities over the centuries," she said as Rainbow mouthed, 'Oh right thousands of years old. I forget.' The siren turned to face her lifting up her dress slacks and snapping her belt on. "My previous one was Colonel Razzel Dazzle of the 54th US Air Force Squadron. I was head of the Super X project but when the program was shut down I retired and went to reunited with my sisters."

Rainbow held her hands up with a surprised look. "Wait reunited? You mean you weren't together this whole time?"

"Yeah, that was over five, no erm, six years ago?" she guessed straining her mind for the answer as she reached under her bed for a small box.

Adagio sighed looking around for her ID in the box which appeared in front of her as Rainbow held it with a smug grin. She grinned taking the badge and pinned it to her uniform. She stood up and adjusted her cap and walked to the door. Rainbow followed her out as Adagio closed the door and locked it. She let the key sit in the door for a moment before saying, "Rainbow, listen. I have to go for aw while but I promise I'll stop by your place afterwards."

"No way! I'm coming too!" Rainbow said putting on an Airman's cap. "I can be your private!"

Adagio gave her a deadpan stare, snatching the cap off. "That's the Army, stupid."

"I aint stupid, you're the stupid one." Rainbow said in mock annoyance, which really annoyed Adagio.

"Ugh, fine but you need to listen to me Rainbow, impersonating an officer is a serious crime." she warned. "If we get caught there's no telling what'll happen to you Rainbow. I don't want you getting involved more than you need to."

Adagio finished tying up her hair into a bun which surprised Rainbow how easily she did it. It made her wonder how she got all that hair into such a small bun, but decided not to question it. After all she was friends with Pinkie. While Rainbow looked like she was ready to take on the world Adagio gave her a worried look.

"Rainbow listen to me." she said shaking the woman by the shoulders. "It is a serious crime to impersonate an officer. If you're seen with me you could suffer a punishment similar to mine. That means years of imprisonment AND you may not be allowed to join the Air Force like you want to."

That made Rainbow falter for but a moment before her determination came back ten hold. She grabbed hold of Adagio's arms looking her straight in her eyes. "Love, listen I'm loyal to my friends, family, and my country, does this thing really mean that much to you?"

The siren sighed shaking her head. She should have known Rainbow would never back down when she was involved. The woman was always a hot head ready to jump into actin without thinking. She liked that about her, it was one of the many things they had in common. She leaned forward kissing Rainbow once more before answering.

"It is that important to me Rainbow. I could lose everything, my pensions, my honor, everything." she warned her mate sitting her down and resting beside her. "You mother Firefly is one of the best pilots in the USAF. What would she think if you got caught with me? You'd be dragging her name in the mud with yours and mine. That's why I want you to really, really, REALLY, think about this before you commit. It's a big risk what I'm doing and it could be considered treason. You know what they do to people who commit treason Rainbow?"

In truth she knew Rainbow already knew the answer. In this day and age of mistrust treason was not going to give her a promising future,if she still had one by that point. To many she'd be considered dead. Rainbow had too much riding on her future to risk it all. She thought long and hard about this. What would her mother think? Her father? The decision weighed heavily on her heart and it made her sick to think about it. She look at Adagio, the siren was clearly determined to go through with this alone and that was all it took to make Rainbow decide. If not for her own moral principles then she would do it for her love.

Not saying a word Rainbow got up and rummaged through some of Adagio's old uniforms and clothes she accumulated over the years. She got into some spare black cargo pants and put on an old pair of black boots along with a white tank top and an old beret. Once changed she stood with a her hands on her hips putting all her weight on one leg and puffed her flat chest out proudly.

Adagio stared at her for a good minute looking her over. After which she grinned slapping Rainbow's bum. "Nice work. For a plank board."

Rainbow blushed looking hatefully at the well dressed woman. "Shut up! At least I don't get booty calls."

"HAH! At least I get recognized." Adagio laughed walking to her room and grabbed a large dufflebag and a large black case. "Here, make yourself useful, private."

Adagio left the apartment with Rainbow grumbling vulgarities behind her much to her amusement. She liked her when she was mad. She always thought Rainbow was cute when mad. It was one reason she use to butt heads with her. White adagio grinned at Rainbow's aggravated state she lead her down the stairs to a large custom GM Z71. Rainbow whistled at the sight running up to the truck.

"Aw man is that the new GM Z71-450? Awwwwwwhahaha..." the young woman was visibly drooling at the sight of the truck running her hands on the rims. "It is so beautiful! Where did you get this Adagio!? Why didn't you take me on our date in this thing?!"

"Didn't have it then." Adagio shrugged casually, as she opened the hubcap and tossed the dufflebag in the back seat.and placed the case on the back of the tailgate.

She then opened the case and pulled out a small satellite antenna giving it to Rainbow Dash while she set up an larger one on top of the truck and securing it. Once finish she pushed Rainbow into the passenger side of the truck and gave her the antenna along with a heavy laptop and shut the door. She then rushed to the back shoved everything inside and shut the tailgate then the hubcap door and secured it.

Once done Adagio ran to the drivers side of the truck and jumped in. In one swift motion the keys went into the ignition and turned to start the engine. The engine roared to life as the door shut closed and the seat-belt was fastened in less than ten seconds. Rainbow watched in amazement.

"Wow, I think I just... wow Adagio." she stammered out.

The siren smirked rubbing her hands on the steering wheel. "You think that's cool wait until you see this."

She set the truck to reverse undid the e-brake and pressed down on the gas shooting them back which gave Rainbow whiplash. With expert precision Adagio turned the wheel and made the truck fly out of its confined parking spot shifted the gear to drive and burned rubber like a madwoman making the trucks custom V8 engine roar as they drove down the street.

"I think I'm in love" Rainbow said dreamily rubbing her hands on the leather interior.

"HEY! Hands off my Tom!" Adagio yelled at her passenger startling her.

"Tom? really?"

"......"

"...... You named your truck Tom?" Rainbow deadpanned.

"......" Adagio remained silent blushing until she was red as a tomato.

"And I thought Rarity naming her pet rock Tom was dumb." Rainbow finished leaning back into the seat resting her eyes leaving Adagio to drive in silence.

As she drove Adagio grumbled to herself, "Tom is a hot name."

An hour of driving later Adagio was now on the freeway heading south to the borders of Canterlot City. The road was the center point for the beach and ocean to her right and the grassy plains of Canterlot Cities pastures and open fields. Rainbow was snoring away in a deep sleep after having her climax about Adagio's truck leaving the siren to the road alone. Some ten minutes driving south she found the first military checkpoint coming up quickly and punched Rainbow in the shoulder.

"Gah! What? I'm up I'm up..." she said groggily stretching her arms out as her vision became covered in white.

"Hurry and put my lab coat on and put these fake glasses and badge on." Adagio instructed. "Oh and tie your hair up in a ponytail."

Rainbow nodded sleepy and put the coat on with her fake badge without question. A moment later it donned on her what was happening and before she could get a word out Adagio pulled up to the check point which was guarded by two Military Police soldiers.

"Good afternoon ma'am." one man said leaning towards the car. "ID please?"

"Right here it is. Also Private, is Major Spitfire here? I heard the Saratoga was stationed nearby." Adagio said casually to the MP.

"Here you go ma'am." he said handing back the ID, then pointed to a large black tent. "Pull in over there for the inspection and to answer your question Colonel, no the Major isn't here. Have a good day ma'am."

The man saluted Adagio who saluted back driving into the compound. It was massive. A wired fence built in a semicircle about a mile long by Adagio's guess surrounding a large cargo vessel which looked surprisingly intact but was washed ashore. Several tents and vehicles surrounded the ship with large crane like structures around the ship.

Rainbow looked around in awe of the ship while Adagio focused on the road pulling up to a large black tent that overshadowed the truck by at least ten feet. Both women got out of the truck Adagio placed her coverall on and Rainbow clumsily got out having caught her coat on the seat as she put it on. This made her fall to the ground enticing laughs from some of the soldiers around her. Embarrassed she quickly got up as Adagio glared at the soldiers who quickly looked away to find something more interesting.

Adagio helped dust Rainbow off making her feel better. "Thanks Dagi."

"Hey keep your chin up. Also don't talk to me unless I address you, Rainbow. It's nothing personal we just need to keep up the charade long enough for me to get my tests done."

"Right." Rainbow replied quietly.

Two more MPs walked over saluting Adagio. Saluting back Adagio turned about face and walked rigidly like a well trained solider was taught and lead the MPs to the trucks end. Opening it she stepped aside allowing them to go through the contents inside. One held up the small antenna inspecting it curiously.

"So ma'am. Is this this going to the research team on the Lifeline to help detect the EMP pulses from the ship?" one Mp asked.

Adagio gave the MP a stern glare saying, "That's classified info. I suggest you keep all speculation to yourself." She glanced at her rank mark before adding, "Private."

"Sorry ma'am." she said returning to her inspection.

As two MPs inspected their cargo and equipment Adagio looked at the ship with Rainbow by her side.

"Ahem, so ma'am what do you think it is?" Rainbow asked trying to keep looks up.

"I don't know. But that's why you're here Miss Dash. As head of the CRD Division of the USDF you will be briefed on it once we get inside." she said putting on some black shades looking directly at Rainbow. "And need i tell you this is all classified?"

Rainbow got the message behind what Adagio was saying. She nodded silently and the siren turned to face the MPs who were still inspecting the equipment. "What's taking so long? The Major wants this equipment setup immediately so we can begin radiation tests."

The two MPs snapped to attention. It was very clear they were green and had little experience.

"Sorry Colonel! But our orders are to inspect all vehicles and equipment no matter who it is."

Rainbow swayed her hips walking up to the male guards with an annoyed look. "Hey look here buddy. You military types always do this!"

The MPs looked confused at the angry woman.

"You come here and mess with expensive equipment and you have no regards to how delicate it can be to make and maintain this equipment!" she yelled pointing at the roughly handle laptop. "That right there is the last several tests we did on the subject and now you are in the process of ruining it!"

She glared at them while Adagio watched with pride as the MPs shivered at Rainbow's onslaught.

"Further more, I do not appreciate you coming here bullying us egghead types, with your big muscle headed brains thinking brawn over brains is the way to go! Now either you handle this stuff with care or as the head of the CRD Division, I'll report you to your supervisor!" Rainbow lied to the MP. "What did you say your name was private?"

"That won't be necessary Miss Dash." One of them said hastily putting up his hands. "We're done anyways. You two may go."

As the two soldiers quickly and delicately put everything away with Rainbow hovering over them Adagio couldn't help but feel proud of Rainbow's display. She was proud to call her Rainbow's mate. once they were done and in the truck again they drove closer to the ship. As they did Adagio pulled up her shades and said, "Rainbow did I ever tell you I love it when you do that?" She asked getting a cocky grin in return. "By the way, that was quite a speech you gave those two. Where'd you come up with that one?"

Rainbow blushed looking away. "It was something Twilight from Crystal Prep said to me when I accidentally broke her project for the Junior Year Science Fair."

"Oh, wait that was you?!"

"Yeah why?"

"No wonder she was so mad at me! She must have thought you did that so I'd win the competition!" Adagio laughed at the revelation. "Wow, RD, didn't think you had it in you."

"I didn't! It was an accident I swear! Although, I will not deny the thought did cross my mind." Rainbow admitted crossing her arms.

'Oh Rainbow. You are really something." Adagio said with a shake of her head as she parked the truck. "Come on let's go, Doctor Dashing."

Rainbow glared at Adagio who wiggle her brows. She quickly unlatched the seatbelt and nearly threw it behind her and stormed out slamming the door shut. Adagio giggled getting out and filed to the back to get her equipment.

Rainbow grumpily helped carry the black case while Adagio had one of the MPs carry her dufflebag much to Rainbow's annoyance. They walked up to the large cargo ship and proceeded into the large interior where they were lead up to the top deck of the ship just under the bridge. When they arrived they were shocked by what they saw.

In the center of the massive ship was torn out leaving a gaping hole leading to the lower decks, almost like a massive bullet shot through it. The large metal arms that surrounded the ship circled around the hole meeting at a single point at the top. Around the hole was several tents with lines and wires leading from them to the massive hole in the ship, but what really stood out was what was at the center of the ship.

A massive pulsating egg shaped thing was nestled in the center of the ship surrounded by cargo containers. The containers were attached to the large egg by several black extensions of itself fusing into the metal of the crates like a scene from an Aliens movie. The egg thing itself was black, organic, slightly offside with several glowing orange pulsating orbs that spiraled around it in small rows. They were brightly lit illuminating the ship interior with a orange hue. As they pulsated a faint sound of muscles contracting was heart, like a loud heartbeat.

Rainbow awed at the sight, looking over to Adagio her awe turned into confusion. She could see ti plain as day in the sirens eyes. Fear. She waved her hand in front of Adagios face getting a slow glance as a response.

"Hey, you wanna fill me in here?" Rainbow asked impatiently.

Adagio simply looked back at the object with fear in her eyes. barely able to pry her eyes away from the object she took her equipment to a nearby abandoned tent and setup everything as fast as she could followed closely by Rainbow. First came the laptop. Adagio clumsily fingered the power button allowing the small device time to power up. In the mean time she setup an antenna pointing to the egg with Rainbow assisting her without a word. She then handed Rainbow the end of a long cord with a spike at the end.

"Rainbow take this to the lower deck and insert it into one of the glowing orbs. If it breaks put it into another one. If that doesn't work just shove it into the black shell, or whatever it is. OK?"

"Yeah, sure." Rainbow replied uneasily.

She watched as the siren paid no mind to her and went to work on her laptop. Fidgeting with the cord Rainbow stood in place until the busy siren finally looked at her with an aggravated look.

"What are you still here for? Move!" Adagio commanded gesturing to the outside of the tent with her hand.

"Heck no! If you want me to do this I wanna know what this is about!" Rainbow complained throwing the cord on the ground stomping it like a child.

The orange haired woman growled picking up the cord and stormed out of the tent. "You're such a woman child!" Rainbow crossed her arms frowning at the laptop. She tapped her fingers impatiently while she awaited for the fake colonel to return. Curious she stepped closer to read what was on the screen.

It took only two seconds before she realized she had no idea what all this techno mumbo jumbo was and quickly turned away just as Adagio returned pushing past her. She scoffed grabbing hold of Adagio's arm.

"Alright, enough of this! What is your problem?!" Rainbow growled in a low tone pulling her closer.

Adagio shoved away folding herself protectively. "You wouldn't understand."

"You're right. I don't understand." was the reply making her feel worse. "But, I don't understand cause you won't tell me anything. What's going on Adagio? Why are you obsessed with this, 'thing'? What does it mean to you?"

Adagio didn't answer immediately. She pressed her hands against the rainbow colored hair and ran down through it taking hold of her head. Finally after a few moments she looked Rainbow in the eyes.

"I fear it Rainbow." she said looking at the hole. "I don't know what it is but, I'm afraid of it. It could be my siren instincts or just my imagination, but I really am afraid of that thing. I can't explain it."

Rainbow shook her head pulling Adagio close stroking the back of her head below her bun calming the siren. "It's fine Dagi, I'm here to help you out. You just have to trust me. OK?"

"OK, Rainbow." she gently pushed away shaking her head to psyche herself up. "Alright! enough wallowing we got work to do Miss Dash. Can you point the antenna towards the object?"

"Right!"

The two separated with Adagio heading towards her laptop and rainbow went to the antenna and did as instructed. She pointed the antenna towards the object following what she was told. She adjusted it several times while Adagio worked on her computer scanning the energy readings from it. Whatever it was it had a tremendous amount of energy. It was really something generating around the point of two high grade hydrogen bombs.

"Such power." she whispered.

She scanned the power readings when the pulsating of the object began anew building up faster and faster as the readings skyrocketed. Adagio quickly ejected her hard-drive just as the laptop shorted out and the object ejected a massive EMP burst destroying everything around it. Rainbow watched the events unfold just as everyone rushed to the hole looking down at it.

Off in the distance a soft roar was heard by everyone. Adagio's heart skipped again as the sound of her father's voice rang over the chaos. He was close and once again the fear Adagio felt during the storm a year ago came back ten fold. She stared past Rainbow and to the hole with wide eyes and shaking.

"It,... it wasn't father I sensed. It was that thing." she said looking at the now flexing object.

*Elsewhere*

A tall woman in a body tight suit of blue with yellow stripes was marching double time down a round hallway flanked by a man with dark blue hair and a fare skinned woman beside her with white hair, both wearing identical suits to the leading woman. The marched unhindered until the reached the end of the hall where a single door was.

Opening it they all piled inside. The white haired woman closed the door behind her and stood at attention with the other two. They stood before a man in a brown suit with simple brown hair and a thick mustache. He sat at a small wooden desk with a computer on it with two filing cabinets to his left and a large inspirational poster of a kitten holding onto a string that read, "Hang in there!" There was nothing else in the room with the exception of the three arrivals.

The man was writing something on a small stack of papers not addressing the three visitors until he finished with it. Slowly he stapled the papers together and set them aside then folded his hands into a small cup leaning on his desk. He looked up at the three people who saluted him. With a nod they withdrew and went back to attention as the man spoke in a rugged voice.

"Good to see you again Major." he said to the front most woman.

"You to Brigadier General. You wanted to see us sir?" she replied back.

"Yes major. As you are all aware this team of yours was created to be a universal response force to, unusual situations." he said with great emphasis.

"Yes sir!" The three said in unison.

"Good! Now here are your orders Major. I want you to assemble your team and ready to move out immediately." he finished handing the small stack of papers to the Major.

"We won't let you down sir." the Major said.

They saluted the man and he saluted back. "God speed."

Exiting the small confines of the room the Major looked down at the files with her teammates close behind with excited looks. The white haired woman looked giddy and ready to explode with unbridled enthusiasm while the man had a more relaxed look about him. He glanced over the Major's shoulder at the papers.

"So Spitfire, what's our mission?" he asked.

Major Spitfire stopped looking excited at the other two members of her team. "Soarin, Fleetfoot, get ready cause we're off to fight Big G!" she said with a grin.

Soarin and Fleetfoot got excited as the major pointed to them starting with Soaring.

"Soarin go assemble the team! I'll be there in five!" she said and watched as the man ran off. "Fleetfoot I need you to go to the hangar and prepare for dust off. I want the weapon ready as soon as we get there."

"Yes Major!"

With that the woman saluted and was off heading in the same direction as Soarin. Not that they had any other options to go. Spitfire remained in place looking down at her feet, her excitement turning into anger as she clenched her fist with the papers crumpling them. She used her open hand and unzipped a small pouch in her left arm sleeve and pulled out a small silver pocket watch with a six inch chain.

She looked at it for several seconds holding it tightly in her hand. Opening it she looked at the time which read 12:04 PM. She glared at the time like she would burn it with her gaze.

"I will avenge you sister. Blaze. I will make that monster pay for what it did to our family." sh said closing the watch as she glanced at her own reflection on the surface of it. "I promise you. That monster will die by my hand."