• Published 27th Feb 2016
  • 1,960 Views, 126 Comments

Legend of the Sirens: A Fathers Return - zalla661



Shortly after Sonata and Adagio tell the Rainbooms about their father life goes on. A year later during a school project Adagio reveals a certain obsession she's had over the last year leading her friends to wonder what has her so frightened.

  • ...
8
 126
 1,960

Girlfriend Meets Father

Author's Note:

So there we are a little something for when Adagio and Rainbow met Godzilla. I enjoyed this part but I want to get to some real meaty stuff later. So for now enjoy this little something I made for all of you!

Sorry if it's not up to par with my usual style.

Adagio looked down shamefully as though her father’s look carried actual weight to it. She felt trapped. Like prey cornered by the predator knowing the end was coming but the ned was nowhere in sight. It was almost more dreadful not knowing when it would end rather than the actual end itself.

Rainbow was still on the ground staring dumbly at Godzilla as Adagio talked to him. From Rainbow’s perspective it looked like Adagio was doing all the talking, and all he did was stare and listen.

“Father please don’t hurt the human! She had nothing to do with the attack!” Adagio pleaded to her father.

Godzilla growled slightly shifting his gaze over to Rainbow who visibly flinched hoping he wasn’t looking at her.

*She cowers before me. I hate cowards.” Godzilla’s thought to Adagio.

“She helped me father. She saved me and my sisters with her friends!” Adagio placed her finned hooves over her scaled chest. “Please father, do what you will to me but spare her your wrath.”

“Wait what!? Wrath!?! What did I do!?” Rainbow blurted, then quickly covered her mouth as both beasts looked at her.

Chuckling nervously she crossed her legs hoping no one present figured out she’d wet herself yet again. *I really should use the bathroom before I go and do crazy things.* She thought to herself.

Adagio shook her head at Rainbow then returned her attention back to her father. His facial expression softened somewhat, but the feeling of dread was still there.

*Daughter, you have failed. I gave you a gift to better the world and protect it.* Godzilla’s voice boomed into Adagios head making the siren fall to the ground gripping her aching head.

*I gave you the voice to aid the siren race! Instead you used it to claim power for yourself!* He roared at Adagio as she lay on the ground.

“Father please I beg of you! I’ve changed.” Adagio begged her father. “I’m no- I’m not the same as I was before.”

*Daughter I’ve spoken to the earth, the sky, and the sea… I know what you’ve done to the humans.* Godzilla thought to her. *I know what you did with your sisters.*

Adagio’s eyes bulged at the mention of her sisters. While the thoughts were more like feelings between her and her father, she could easily tell he was angry with Aria and Sonata as well. She also knew that whatever fate befell her would befall them as well.

To appease her father Adagio lowered her body submissively and curled her body up with her finned arms above her head. Rainbow had never seen the siren do anything like this before and was dumbfounded by all of it.

“Father, I know what I did was wrong,” Adagio admitted openly. “I was cruel, selfish, and small minded, but my sisters shouldn't suffer for my mistakes.”

She then looked up into her father's eyes, tears ran down her cheeks as she reached for him only to have him back away with a low growl.

“Please spare them. Do whatever you want with me, just let them and Rainbow go.”

That was when Godzilla’s attention fell on Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow suddenly felt very small and vulnerable. She realized just how small she was to the world as she looked into Godzilla’s dark eyes. She could see the wear and tear on his eyes. They were old eyes full of wisdom yet fierce.

Much like Adagio. She never would admit it but the siren was rather wise now. Compared to when they first met. Godzilla glared at the prismatic hair woman who shivered as he growled with hostile intentions.

*You are the one.* His thoughts boomed into Rainbow’s mind knocking her to the brink of unconsciousness.

“Father please! She’s weak minded and can’t sustain the strain of you thoughts.”

“Hey! I’m not-”

*SILENCE!!*

Both Rainbow and Adagio laid flat on the ground as Godzilla’s voice echoed in their minds like a storm. Rainbow managed to get up on her feet to look Godzilla in the eyes. She didn’t want to look like a coward before him, so she put on her brave face and stood up to him.

She then heard him laughing lightly in her thoughts.

*Heh, heh, heh, you are brave human,* He said. *but bravery can be one's undoing. Just look at them.* Godzilla thought to her, gesturing with his muzzle the debris of the Super X.

“I’m not afraid of some overgrown lizard like you!” Rainbow said, rather rashly.

Godzilla snorted at her in response. A slight hint of a grin grew over his face.

*Brave words for a human. Tell me, what’s to stop me from vaporizing both of you right now?*

Rainbow faulted slightly. “Well, I think-”

*Adagio has abused the power I gave her for selfish reasons. She abandoned her kind for power and abused her kin. She has shamed our race and is personally responsible for its downfall.* Godzilla thought standing on his legs. *And you human…*

Rainbow suddenly became stiff at the tone that was directed towards her. Adagio gripped her tail around Rainbow, ready to flee if she needed to. Rainbow cringed at the sight of the crashed Super X. She then thought of how badly things could have turned out had they played differently. Not that it would have changed her mind though. Rainbow as many things as she would put: loyal, dedicated, and awesome, but she was also true, and courageous.

That’s what Adagio admired about the human. She wasn’t perfect but Rainbow was an amazing woman. Adagio in all her years of living never thought about anyone like that, until she male Rainbow. She felt humbled by the fact she stood up to an almost godlike being to protect her loved one, even though it could lead to her end. It was a sacrifice that Rainbow was willing to make, but it was not one Adagio was willing to make.

Adagio waited scanning her father for any indicator of what he was going to do next. Yet, despite all she tried she couldn’t find any indication, by his muzzle alone, what her father was thinking.

Instead Adagio coiled around Rainbow with her serpentine body and looked up at her father with a longing face. To her shock her father didn’t relent.

Instead he stood on his four legs and looked down at Adagio and Rainbow. He had no expression on his muzzle, but there was a certain level of ferocity deep in his eyes. Adagio could sense it.

*You have violated my daughter, stripped her of her ability to survive, and you hurt my other two daughters, Rainbow Dash.* He thought with a growl. *And you have abused the power I gave you, mislead your sisters to almost certain doom on many occasions, enslaved entire civilizations, and killed innocent lives.*

*I don’t like where this is going.* Rainbow thought worried.

*For both of your transgressions I will judge you. Should your hearts truly be worthy you will be spared by my voice,* Rainbow sighed in relief but Adagio tensed around her, tightening her coil around Rainbow. *If you aren’t you will die.*

He then leaned back and inhaled deeply as his schutes began to glow a bright neon blue. A loud humming resonated from Godzilla's body as the glow intensified and his chest expanded.

Rainbow shifted like she was going to run but the coil around her from Adagio was too strong. She looked at the siren who gave a defeated look, shaking her head with a sad look. Rainbow smiled leaning up to kiss Adagio’s nose.

“I’m not afraid to die, as long as it’s with you.” Rainbow said to Adagio caressing her hands over her long snout.

“I know Rainbow, and I’m sorry I ran away.”

“I forgive you.”

As they embraced and prepared for the inevitable the siren and human locked lips in a passionate kiss. All their fears and worries washed away, and in that moment they felt like they were one, and in that moment Godzilla released his breath upon them.

There was no screams of pain or cried of misery. All around them the blue flames of superheated plasma swirled around Adagio and Rainbow. The two separated and looked around them to see the swirling vortex of blue around them.

Rainbow Dash was amazed by the sight of the blue flames. She reached out and touched them only to see the flames dance around her fingers like she was protected by some unforeseen force. As time went on all things around them seemed to slow until they were both consumed by the flames and a soothing sleep feel on both Adagio and Rainbow Dash.

*Godzilla*

The king of beasts looked down at the sleeping forms of Rainbow and Adagio. He smiled at the warm embrace they had for one another feeling he was wrong about Rainbow Dash. Turning to return to the sea he paused when he sensed something familiar.

He looked back to see a young human woman in tight violet pants, tall boots, and two long ponytails, and a denim jacket.

He almost didn’t recognize her at first thinking it was another human, but after he took a strong sniff from the air he recognized her. The woman gawked at him as a blue haired woman walked up beside her and nudged her.

The two women waved at him and he smiled kindly back to them as he slowly lunged into the sea and disappeared into the depths. His schutes slowly descending into the deep blue as a flock of seagulls followed him closely.

“Told you he was here, Aria.” She said smugly.

Aria crossed her arms unbinding her hair. “What a dumbass.”

“ARIA!!” Sonata whined. “Why are you sooo meeaaaan?”

To Sonata’s surprise Aria put her in a headlock and rubbed the younger sirens head with her knuckles making her squirm like a floundering fish.

“I still love you dummy.” Aria cooed at her sister.

Sonata giggled hugging her back. “I love you too.”

The two sisters held onto each other, neither willing to let go. Until Sonata finally broke away, and Aria gave a slight hint of disapproval. Aria then gestured to the two sleeping lover birds on the ground until she realized that Adagio was resting next to another siren.

It was just like Adagio but a light blue hue, it had a rainbow colored mane instead of schutes like Adagio. Its face was more round and soft looking, and its finned arms were more like hooves.

“Is that… Rainbow Dash?!”