• Published 11th Feb 2016
  • 1,133 Views, 54 Comments

Friends and Fairy Tales - CrackedInkWell



What if seven characters from different fairy tales that not only are they confused in how they got to Equestria, but how the have memories of other ponies they didn't remember having?

  • ...
4
 54
 1,133

(Pinkie Pie and the Chocolate Factory)

Author's Note:

Before you read this chapter, I want to point out two things here. First, the previous chapter has been rewritten to where I'm taking a new direction for this story. And second, I admit that this was a weird chapter to write since I don't write about Pinkie very often. So please keep those in mind.

So with that, enjoy the chapter.

Also, details and some of the dialogue goes to Roald Dahl.

It was almost a rare thing that the hyper pony would dream anything of anything that was made out of sweets, or confetti, or both. She was used to having wild, imaginative surreal dreams of Candylands in celebrating… whatever it was they were celebrating. She could hop away like mad from minty fields to Popsicle forests where she encounters someone that was always in the mood for a party.

This time, however, was something a little bit different then she was expecti- “Hey, narrator,” she spoke to the ceiling, “I think everypony already knows that everything is off. I mean, I was supposed to have a cake-pie fight with Dr. Whipcream on Thursdays so I know this is already weird. So can get to the part to where I am?”

… I suppose so. (Clears throat,) This time, she found herself leaning up against a chair, staring at a clock on the wall. Looking around, all the walls were a pale pink color with the lights were soft and pleasant. Standing on her two hooves, she found that she was dressed. “I have clothes on?” Indeed, she reached up to touch a silky black top hat, a tail coat of plum-colored velvet, trousers of bottle green, and two socks on her front hooves of pearly-white in which one hold onto a golden tipped walking cane.

“What’s next, do I have clown make-up?” she felt her face, but only disappointed to find that it was clean.

She next noticed about her surroundings. The hallway she was in that was next to a big red door was very warm like a hot spring day. Next to the door were a line of coat pegs that waited for hats and coats to be hung from. Pinkie sniffed the air; it was perfumed with many wonderful smells that had mixed up at once: roasted coffee, burnt sugar, mint, violets, crushed hazelnuts, apple blossoms, caramel, lemon peels just to name a few.

Down the hall, she could hear the never ending hum of machines down the hall. For a moment, Pinkie wondered where in the world she was, “Not really,” she said looking up. “I’m in a chocolate factory with a funny name.”

Wait, how do you know that?

“Duh, the sign under the clock,” she pointed at a shiny, brass plaque on the wall, “See, ‘Welcome to Mr. Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory.’ I’m surprised you didn’t mention that with all the smells and sounds of the place.”

I was about to get to that ma’am. But I think the readers out there wished to get on with the story.

“Okie-dokie-lokie,” she saluted, “Lead the way!”

The clock on the wall chimed ten times, in which her attention was now to the big red door. Reaching a hoof into the pockets of her tail coat, she pulled out a ring of keys. “Wait, how do I know which one to use?”

The smallest one on the ring, “Oh… found it!” she unlocked the door, and opened it up to the cold morning of fresh February snow. Before her is a courtyard where on the other side is an iron gate of bars where five children and their parents were waiting. Behind them where photographers, journalists, and a large group went silent as that gate too opened.

Hopping out into the snow, she heard someone shouted, “There he is! That’s him!”

“At least they’re expecting me,” she said to herself as she neared the outer gate. Lights from cameras flashed as she stepped outside of the factory limits, “Hello everyone! Willkommen, Bienvenue, Welcome, Bienvenidos, and Huānyíng kids to the factory. If you have your tickets, please come up one at a time so I can get to know my new friends,” she ended it with a smile.

The first to come up with a golden ticket in his hands was an enormously fat boy who looked like he had been blown up with a powerful pump. Great flabby folds of fat bulged out from every part of his body, and his face was like a monstrous ball of dough with two small greedy curranty eyes peering out. “I am Augustus Gloop,” he said.

“Augustus,” Pinkie took both of her hooves to shake his hand. “Glad you can make it! Safe trip I presume? Are these your parents? How nice! Come in! Come right in! Don’t be shy, just step right through the gates!”

“My name,” said the next child in line, “is Veruca salt.”

“Oh! So that’s what a Veruca looks like! Charmed little missy! You have a really fascinating name, don’t you? Ver-u-ca and salt, it sounds like the name of a vegetable that your parents are forcing you to eat, doesn’t it? But I have been proven wrong before! Ooh! Is that real mink? I didn’t know they still exist! But come right in with you! Who’s this? Your dad? How are you two, Mr. and Mrs. Salt? Quite overjoyed to meet new faces! Yes I’ll take those tickets, thank you! Please go right in!”

“Name’s Violet,” said the next child who introduced herself proudly, “Violet Beauregarde.”

Pinkie looked around the crowd, “I don’t see a bull anywhere to be guarding. But I kid! Hello to you too!” she too shook her hand, “You’re going to really enjoy it here, I’m sure of it! If I remember right, you searched for that ticket for what…? Three months? Yes that’s right; it’s coming to me now! You have dedication there young lady! So give me the ticket, and we’ll have you and your parent’s right through!”

The next child to come up to the bubble gum mare was a boy who was covered in belts that held onto toy weapons that Pinkie had never seen before, “I’m Mike Teavee,” he said, “How long is this tour going to take, there’s a show at twelve and I don’t wanna miss it.”

“In good time Mikey,” she said after she said her hello’s to him and his parents before the last child stepped up with a just as skinny grandfather.

“Hello there, who’s this?”

A small, nervous whisper came from the thin child, “Charlie Bucket.”

“Charlie!” Pinkie cried shaking his hand “Weren’t you the one that found the last ticket the other day? You were! Well just in time then since I can have everyone here! Really looking forward to today’s tour of the old place, you’re gonna love it here! And you must be his, what? Grandfather? Yes? Well nice to meet you as well! Please set right in the both of you! Now, that’s five children plus parents! Good! Now keep close! Don’t wonder off! The last thing I want from this dream is to have a lawsuit! Now come on, let the grand tour begin!”

Across the snowy courtyard and through the big red doors they went. “Here we are,” Pinkie said, “Nice and warm! I have to make my factory warm because all of my workers are used to a very hot climate! They all despise the cold, why if any of them were to go out, they would instantly freeze!”

“But who are the workers?” asked Augustus Gloop.

“Just you all wait,” she smiled, “We shall all see them at work soon enough! Is Everypo-” the mare coughed, being reminded by the narrator that it’s “Everybody” and not “Everypony.” ‘So persnickety with the vocabulary today, aren’t we?’ she thought before continuing. “Is everybody in here? Yes? Could one of you close the door? Thank you.”

Now that the group of fourteen was inside, they too took in their surroundings of the humming hallway. “Now this, my dear Children,” Pinkie cried out above the noise, “Is the main hallway. Now before we move any further, would you place your coats and hats on those pegs over there? That’s the way! Good! Is everyone ready to go? Right then, follow me!”

The earth pony bounced her way through the large hallway with the group behind her following close by. “Come along slow pokes,” she called out behind her, “We won’t be able to see much of the factory at this rate!” then she thought for a moment, ‘How do I know where I’m going?’

Not to worry, I’ll lead you. (Clears throat) Soon, she turned right off the main corridor into a slightly narrower passage.

Then she turned left.

Then left again.

Then right.

Then left.

Then right.

Then right.

Then left.

It was truly a maze as they went further into the factory. “You might have noticed,” Pinkie craned her neck back and explained. “That the hallway is sloping downwards! We’re now going underground to where most of the rooms I’ll be showing you all are located!”

“Why is that?” someone asked.

“Because they would take way too much room if I had them build on the surface! Why, many of the rooms you’re going to see are enormously huge! There’s no building anywhere that could house them all! So that’s why they’re made underneath because here, I have all the room I could ever need as long as they’re dug out of course!”

‘How do I know that?’ the mare asked herself. ‘I’ve never even been here before, how do I even know where I’m going?’

All in good time ma’am, but for now, just carry on with the tour.

“Mr. Wonka,” turned right.

Then she turned left.

She turned right again.

The passages were sloping ever so steeper downhill now.

Then suddenly, Pinkie Pie stopped. In front of them there was a shiny metal door. The tour group crowded around. On the door, in large letters, it said:

THE CHOCOLATE ROOM.

While Pinkie reached into her pocket of the tailcoat, she said, “Now this is the second most important room in the whole factory! This is the very heart of the entire business, not to mention beautiful! For I always recommend that each room has to be beautiful because I can’t stand ugliness in factories, don’t you? So in we go! Now, do be very careful dear children! Whatever you do, don’t lose your heads, don’t get too excited, and try to keep very calm!”

After she opened the door, five children and nine grownups pushed their way in. Each one of them gasped, if not completely dumbfounded at the sight of the enormous sugary wonderland before their very eyes.