• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 3,750 Views, 472 Comments

"Just Kiss Already!" And Other Rumbaloo Tales - Candy-Sweets_12



A few misadventures between Rumble and Scoots before the married life.

  • ...
8
 472
 3,750

Chapter 34

Scootaloo looked up from Sweetie Belle and turned to see Apple Bloom coming their way. "Hey AB, feeling any better?"

Apple Bloom smiled and nodded. "Yeah, took me a while to get out of my state, but I'm glad you girls came when you did. I really appreciate it."

"So does that mean you don't like him any more? If you don't mind my asking." Sweetie Belle asked.

"If Ah were ta be honest...I still kind of do. Just...not as much."

"That's understandable, seeing how long you've had a crush on him and all." Scootaloo said.

"Well, I also wanted to say I'm sorry."

"You don't have to Apple Bloom." Sweetie Belle said.

"I do. I shouldn't have taken it out on you two, it's not your fault Pip doesn't feel the same. I know you just wanted to help."

"Trust us, it's fine." Scootaloo said.

"Thanks for understanding girls. Even after I've been so awful to ya."

"Don't worry about it." Sweetie Belle said.

"You two are the best."

"Don't get all sentimental on us Apple Bloom, I've got a date with Rumble and I'm eating lunch with him, there's only so much of that I can handle in one day." Scootaloo said.

"Hope it goes well, and that you don't mind telling us what you two are doing." Apple Bloom asked.

"Nothing special, we're just going out to eat after practice."

"Speak of the devil." Sweetie Belle said, looking up. The rest followed her gaze to find Rumble coming over to them.

"Hey Rumble." Scootaloo said, stepping up to him.

"Hey Scoots," the colt smiled. "I'd love to talk, but I'm supposed to be delivering a message before I have to get to class."

"A message?" the three asked in unison.

"Pipsqueak said he wanted to talk to you at lunch Apple Bloom." Rumble said. Apple Bloom immediately softened and looked down.

"He did?" Sweetie Belle asked for her friend.

"Yeah. I found him in the hallway yesterday going on and on about calling himself stupid. He sounded like he made a mistake or something, so when I asked if he was alright, he begged me to come talk to you three. Especially to Apple Bloom."

"Why would he want to see me?" Apple Bloom asked.

"I don't really know much, just that he overheard something and that he felt terrible." Rumble said.

"Thanks Rumble," Scootaloo said.

"No problem, see you at lunch?"

"See ya."

Scootaloo turned to Apple Bloom, who was looking at the floor with a sad expression. Even her bows seemed to droop. "Do you want to do it?" she asked.

Apple Bloom was hesitant but nodded. "Yeah. I should probably hear him out. It must be pretty important if he couldn't do it himself." Before another word could go around, the bell rang, and the trio walked to their first classes of the day.


"You're absolutely sure about this?" Sweetie Belle asked, getting her tray.

"Yeah, I've got my mind set on it. No use chickening out now." Apple Bloom said.

"Well I'm going to sit with Rumble, good luck with the whole conversation thing." Scootaloo said.

"Thanks. Scootaloo grabbed her tray and glided to the table, where Rumble usually waited.

"Hey Scootaloo."

"Hey Rumble." She sat her tray on the table and took a bite of her apple.

Rumble looked to her group of friends, and watched as Apple Bloom sat at a table with Pipsqueak alone. "Hope you wouldn't mind telling me about the whole situation."

"Well," Scootaloo began, "a while back, Apple Bloom and I made a deal with each other. She said that if I were to soften up a bit, and be nicer to you, then she'd ask Pipsqueak out on a date."

"From the looks of it, that didn't go too well."

Scootaloo took another bite and looked to the table where her friend sat. Where she seemed to be listening to a full blown apology from Pipsqueak.

"Yeah. I guess that Pip overheard our conversation, and he felt bad about it." Scootaloo tore her eyes away from the two and looked at Rumble.

"Any news on the wedding?"

"Well, Blossom's thinking of moving it to late Spring."

"She is?"

"Yeah, seems to go with the theme of the wedding more." Rumble shrugged.

"I'll never understand brides," Scootaloo said. "I don't get why everyone has to have the best wedding ceremony ever or the perfect wedding dress and suits."

"Maybe you will one day." Rumble said with a smirk. Scootaloo glared at him with a tinge of blush painting the tips of her ears and cheeks.

"What's that supposed to mean?" she asked.

"I'm just saying, maybe you will feel that way someday. I'd especially like to see you in a wedding dress." Rumble teased. Scootaloo turned red as a tomato and tensed up. Her hair seemed to stand on end as her eyes shrunk. She quickly put her head to the table. "What a tease." she mumbled from the table.

Rumble erupted with laughter while Scootaloo fumed. You could almost see the steam coming out of her red ears.

"How are you comfortable with talking about this? Me, in a...wedding dress?" She whispered the two words in disgust and cringed.

"I just am." Rumble shrugged. "Why aren't you comfortable talking about it?"

"It's just that, I'm fine with being in a wedding, I was a flower filly before. And I'm going to be a bridesmare soon. It's not being in the wedding that's the problem. It's getting married that's the problem. I don't know why, but I just can't ever see myself as marriage material."

"You never thought you were 'dating' material either, but look at you now." Rumble teased.

"Remind me again about why we're talking about this? We're only Seniors."

"And we're almost adults too. After the school year, we'll officially be on our own." Rumble reminded.

"You got me on that one." Scootaloo admitted. "Moving to a slightly different topic, what's the first thing you planning to do once we all graduate?"

"Well, I'd like to maybe celebrate. Since we won't have to worry about school anymore."

"One, we still have to go to the Academy, and two, how exactly are you going to be celebrating?"

"Well, I was thinking of going to a beach or something."

"Boo. Lame." Scootaloo called out.

"Can you come up with anything better?"

"Maybe a get together with a whole bunch of our friends?"

"Yours doesn't sound much better you know." Rumble pointed out.

"Fair point." Scootaloo admitted. "But it'd still be nice to get together anyways. Who knows where we'll end up? I heard Featherweight's thinking about moving to Canterlot or somewhere else with Zip."

"Yeah, he's thinking about moving so that they could achieve their goals and all that."

"And who knows how long we could be away on tours?" Scootaloo said.

"You make a pretty fair point."

"Same thing goes for Sweetie Belle, since she said she's on her way of getting a gig."

"Maybe we should hang out." Rumble decided.

"Good choice. But right now, I guess we're just going to have to focus on passing."

"Yeah." Rumble looked back to the table Pip was sitting and smiled. "Hey, look," he said.

Scootaloo followed his gaze to the table. She saw Pipsqueak holding out a flower bouquet to Apple Bloom, with a small blush on his cheeks. And it looked like Apple Bloom was hesitant with taking it. She eventually took the flowers and smiled.

"Looks like those two made up." Scootaloo said.

"Do you think that they're going on a date later?" Rumble asked.

"Doesn't look like it. More like Pip just wanted to talk with her. But what would I know? I'm not there." Scootaloo shrugged.

"Well, hopefully things turn out well for them." Rumble shrugged leaning back. He then perked up. "Oh yeah," he beamed.

"What is it?"

"My parents wanted you to help us."

"With?"

"Well, Mom, Dad, Thunderlane, and Blossom are going through some photo albums. Blossom wants to make this big collage for the wedding, so we're all looking for pictures."

"Why do they want me there?"

"Mom thinks you can help us pick some out, Blossom can be terrible at making decisions." Rumble stated.

"You can say that again." Scootaloo mumbled.

"Plus, I don't want to experience that without you."

"Do you mean that in a cheesy way, or a serious way?"

"Serious way. Every time my family 'takes a trip down memory lane', Rumble quoted, "I always have to put up with Dad laughing, Mom crying, and Thunderlane's teasing. And now that Blossom's going to be there, there will be giggles."

"I'd most likely be laughing too."

"Did you forget the pictures my Mom took of us when we were younger?" Rumble hinted.

"Oh, I see. You want me to suffer with you."

"Pretty much, yeah." Rumble admitted.

Scootaloo sighed. "Typical."

"So will you be coming?"

"Depends on when we do it."

"We all agreed tomorrow will be fine."

"I'll be there." Scootaloo sighed.

"See you then." Rumble grinned.

Scootaloo mumbled something under her breath.


"So how'd it go?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Well," Apple Bloom said. "He told me he felt awful about what he said. 'f Course I said it was fine, but he didn't believe me. He said he liked me a lot, but that he didn't share the same exact feelings. That he just didn't feel like datin' anypony."

"Wow." Scootaloo said.

"Yeah. He did tell me that he'd still like to hang out. But mostly as friends. Ah' told him I understood, and that it was okay. But then he did the sweetest thing." Apple Bloom gestured to the bouquet sticking out of her saddlebag and blushed with a big grin. It was an assortment of a few roses, white flowers that resembled bells, and the one that took the most attention was one flower with gigantic white petals, and what looked like red at the edges.

"He gave me this bouquet, an 'I'm sorry' present he called it. Ah' didn't know if I could accept such a thing, but, with the puppy dog eyes he was giving me, I couldn't resist." Apple Bloom explained.

Scootaloo pretended to puke and pointed to the inside of her mouth. "Sounds like something straight out of a romance movie."

"And I don't see you getting any flowers from Rumble." Apple Bloom said in defense. Sweetie Belle bit her lip to hold back the 'burn' that was building in her throat.

"Fair point. But you have to admit it's a bit much."

"Exactly why I was so hesitant. But he seemed really sorry about what he said and these are pretty nice."

"They really are." Sweetie Belle said.

"So you're going to hang out with him?"

"Yep. But it's like I said, as friends."

"The same thing happened with Rumble and I, and look at where we are now." Scootaloo shot back. Sweetie Belle bit her lip again.

Apple Bloom couldn't hold back the blush on her cheeks. "It won't be like that."

"Well, he did say he doesn't have the exact same feelings for you." Sweetie Belle said.

"And?" Apple Bloom asked defensively.

"That could mean he likes you a little. You still have a chance with him."

"Whatever, what would you know?"

The two responded by raising their eyebrows as though they were saying, 'Really? You're really asking us that?'

Apple Bloom scoffed. "I don't think he fancies me that way, alright? He said it himself."

"He could, and not realize it yet." Sweetie Belle said, trotting down the front steps.

"With the way he always smiles when you walk by him," Scootaloo teased.

"And the way his ears perk up when you talk to him," Sweetie added.

"And especially how he sometimes avoids your gaze before sneaking a look back at you."

"Will you two cut it out? I don't want to get my hopes up okay?" Apple Bloom said.

"Lighten up AB," Scootaloo said, flying down to her level and wrapping an arm around her neck. "we're only kidding around."

"And speaking the truth." Sweetie Belle said with a grin.

"And exactly why, may I ask, do you know all of this? Were you spying on us?" Apple Bloom said.

"It's actually pretty hard to miss. He's been doing that ever since we were Juniors." Scootaloo said. Apple Bloom blushed.

"Did he? Or are you just teasing?"

"Call it what you want, but my eyes haven't lied to me yet." Scootaloo said. "Now I'm going to go, I'd best go now before Rumble gets lonely out there."

"I've got a date on Minecraft I don't want to miss, Button and I just found a new stash of diamonds!" Sweetie Belle said her eyes lighting up. Scootaloo and Apple Bloom rolled their eyes and smiled.

"See you girls later, I'm going home," Apple Bloom said. Her two friends went their separate ways. "I need to find a vase to put these in." she said once they were gone. She smiled and trotted away.

Author's Note:

This chapter was all over the place, I know, and yes, I haven't been updating as much as I'd like to, (sometimes life can be a pain in the neck) but I'm back now, and I'm not dead. (Put the shovels down)

I really hoped you enjoyed this chapter, even though it's not the best, and I'm sure I can count on you guys for future suggestions on making the next few chapters better. Feel free to say anything you'd like about this chapter as well, I'd enjoy reading it. Thank you all for being so patient and understanding. And I'll see you in the comments. With that,

Peace, Love, Tolerate,

-Candy