• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 3,746 Views, 472 Comments

"Just Kiss Already!" And Other Rumbaloo Tales - Candy-Sweets_12



A few misadventures between Rumble and Scoots before the married life.

  • ...
8
 472
 3,746

Chapter 23; Party

"I don't know." Scootaloo said in a skeptical tone.

"My friends insisted that I invite you. Featherweight would like to see you there."

"It won't get wild, will it?"

"Trust me, Featherweight's against partying too hard. And I don't mean Pinkie Pie's standards, he can handle that fine, I mean the really hard partying."

"Will anyone else be there?" Scootaloo asked, referring to ponies she didn't know.

"A few Seniors in Featherweight's family might come from other towns to visit, but that's about it. We're all just going to be hanging out together, nothing too wild."

"Okay then, I'll have to schedule it. You won't mind if I invite my friends, would you?"

"Knowing Featherweight, I'd be surprised if he hadn't asked them already, he has this thing with inviting students he's ever been in class with."

"Okay then, I'll see to it."


"Please Dad?" Scootaloo asked.

"Will Lover Boy be there?"

"Yes, Dad, he invited me." Scootaloo said.

"Will there be any drinking?"

"Nothing but cider and punch."

"Where will it be?"

"SugarCube Corner."

"Anything else I should know about?"

"It's just a hang out Dad, my friends will be there, and they're bringing their boyfriends. I'll just be there with my old class is all. And maybe a few members of Featherweight's family."

"Did you ask your mother?"

"Yes, she said I could go, as long as I'm careful."

"Okay then, but you know the rules."

"I know, Dad, I know."

"Okay then. Just keep in mind what I said."

"I will, I doubt that anything bad will happen though, Pinkie's hosting it."

"Okay then, you can go."

"Thank you Dad." Scootaloo said, she gave him a hug and went upstairs.

"Kids," her father sighed. "one second they're running around the house and the next they're going to parties." He shook his head and continued watching TV.


"Scootaloo, you're boyfriend's here!" Scootaloo's father called out.

"I'll be a moment." Scootaloo continued brushing through her mane before holding up part of it with the blue clip she wore on her date.

After a bit more tending here and there, Scootaloo grabbed her saddlebag and trotted down the stairs. "Ready?" she asked. Rumble looked up to see Scootaloo coming down.

"You look great." he said.

"Thanks, but you don't have to flatter me with compliments." Scootaloo said.

"I'm just being honest." Rumble grinned.

"You're such a dork." Scootaloo laughed. The two walked out the door. "See you later Dad." Scootaloo said.

"Rumble, hold on." Her father said, stopping the colt. Rumble turned around, trying not to show how nervous he suddenly was.

"Anything you do to her, I'm doing to you, so don't even think about bringing her home with a single hair out of place." He mumbled to him. Rumble froze and tried to swallow the lump in his throat.

"Yes sir." he choked out.

"Got that?" he said out loud, as though he said something completely different.

"Yes Sir." Scootaloo looked back expectantly at him.

"Are you going to make me go by myself?" she asked.

Rumble snapped out of his trance. "No, I'm coming." Rumble said, running down the steps quickly.

"What was all of that about?" Scootaloo asked.

"Nothing important." Rumble said, a sweat breaking on his forehead, he knew that the stallion's eyes were boring into him. "Nothing at all." he said.


"There you are," Sweetie Belle said. She walked up with Button Mash by her side.

"Glad that you're here too Sweetie." Scootaloo smiled.

"Hey Rumble." Button said, Rumble smiled back.

"Where's Apple Bloom?"

"She's coming with Pip, she should be here soon." Sweetie Belle said.

"Okay, I'm going to greet Featherweight." Scootaloo said. She walked away and went looking for Featherweight, who was hanging out with Zippoorwhill. Or Zip as everyone called her.

"Hey Zip," Scootaloo said, seeing her first. "Happy Birthday Feathers," Scootaloo said.

"Thanks. And thanks for coming." Featherweight said.

"No problem, thanks for the invite."

"No trouble at all. Hope you enjoy." Featherweight said. Scootaloo smiled and left to give the two time to themselves.

Within the next hour, other ponies came, Twist with Snails, and Snips with his marefriend. Along with Featherweight's other classmates.

Pinkie Pie walked around, handing out cupcakes whilst DJPON3 pumped up popular music for everyone to dance to. Scootaloo danced with her friends, and ate a whole bunch food as the night moved on.

However, Scootaloo eventually grew tired of dancing, and decided to take a break from it. She went off to the sidelines and sat by the punch bowl, taking a few cups herself.

At this point, Featherweight's family members came in and blended in with everyone else, but they brought a few friends from their school along.

One of which was walking up to her. He sat in the chair next to her and smiled. Scootaloo couldn't help but flutter her wings as she gave a small smile back, she found herself moving away from him once he edged closer.

"Great party huh?" He asked, propping an elbow on the table. Scootaloo looked away from the dark blue pegasus, he had green eyes and a short cut purple mane.

"Yeah." she said. The stallion laughed and edged closer to her.

"But even then, what's a mare like yourself doing here with a crowd like this?" he asked.

"I'm here with my friends." Scootaloo said defensively.

"No need to be so feisty," the teen held his hooves up. "I'm just saying I've seen better."

"Then you can go to some other party and leave me alone." Scootaloo said. The stallion grinned and Scootaloo scowled.

"And let you stay here all by yourself?" he asked with a grin.

"I'd rather it." Scootaloo said. The stallion put a hoof on hers and she snatched it away. He laughed. "Come on, don't you like me?"

"I don't take interest in random strangers."

"Don't you believe in love at first sight?"

"No, I don't actually. And I certainly don't plan on falling in love with you." The stallion made one last move to try and get closer, but before another word could be said, Scootaloo stood up and turned away from him. The stallion grabbed her wings, and turned her around.

"Let me at least know your name before you leave." he pleaded. Scootaloo scowled and brought a hoof to his face, knocking him to the ground.

"Don't ever talk to me again you creep. So you'd best think twice before doing it." She said. She turned around and stomped towards a dazed Rumble, who heard the commotion and was looking to see what was going on.

"Scootaloo, what's wrong?" he asked. He looked back to the shocked stallion laying on the ground, holding his face, which had a nasty red forming.

"I want to leave, I think that I've done enough partying for one night."

"Okay, let's go." Rumble said, knowing better than to object.. "Snails, tell Featherweight I'll see him in school Monday, and that I said happy birthday."

"No problem, see you later Rumble." Snails said, oblivious to the commotion.

The two walked out of the door and started off for home. "What went on back there Scootaloo?" Rumble asked.

"I'm fine." Scootaloo snapped back.

"That scowl on your face doesn't say so." Rumble said. Scootaloo sighed.

"Can we at least do this somewhere where no pony can overhear?" Scootaloo said.

"Sure, we still have time to kill."

Scootaloo took off into the sky, knowing Rumble would follow. She found a cloud to sit on and flopped onto it. "Some creep, I think that he's from out of town, he came up and started talking to me."

"And...?" he asked, knowing that that wasn't the end of it.

"He started flirting with me, and getting closer to me." Scootaloo said. "It made me feel uncomfortable and I didn't want to be in the same place he's in anymore." Scootaloo hugged her arms to her chest. "I know it must sound pretty stupid-"

"Not at all, I would've done the same if some random pony did that to me." Rumble said. "Did he say or do anything to offend you?"

"No," Scootaloo scoffed, a bit angry with how Rumble cut her off. "he was just too clingy, and was creeping up on me. He looked at me like I was some kind of meal, and I hate that type of attention." she replied. "There's a difference between being called pretty by friends or ponies you know, but some random stranger? I don't like that at all."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, it just made me really uncomfortable."

"Well, considering how he was lying on the ground when I found you, I'm guessing that he's uncomfortable too."

"'Just giving the chef a taste of what he's served.'" Scootaloo shrugged, a smile forming on her face.

"Where'd you get that from?"

"A book."

"You like to read?"

Scootaloo rolled her eyes. "I don't read often, only if I have absolutely nothing to do. It was a pretty good book, I must say. What did he look like?"

"He looked pretty shocked. And what looked to be a pretty nasty mark forming on his face." Rumble said.

"I left a mark?"

"I'm not surprised. With the amount of exercise we do, I'm surprised you didn't leave a dent in his skull."

Scootaloo cringed. "I wouldn't want to do that." she said. "Just ask my friends, I can't stand blood. A few cuts, and a few scrapes, bruises, maybe even stitches or broken bones, but organs? Nope."

"I don't mind it in video games, or TV." Rumble said.

"Neither do I, but that's because you know it's not real. I wouldn't want to leave a dent in anypony's skull. Regardless of who they may be. I just can't deal with that type of thing, I get all light headed and stuff. It's just so unpleasant."

"Well that would explain why you kept your lunch when we went to go see that movie." Rumble said.

"Horror movies are hilarious nowadays, every director's coming up with these ideas about ghosts or dolls that kill ponies. It's just so ridiculous, it's laughable." Scootaloo smiled.

"There are a few scary ones out there."

"Yeah, and that's only the realistic ones, like a murder without a mask, or chainsaw. Or stupid characters that end up lucky or have some cheesy romance in the end."

"Or the movies with the aliens or witchcraft, that's apparently 'based on a true story'." The two held their sides as they erupted into laughter.

"The funny thing is how scared I was when I was younger. Now I find a lot of them to be hysterical." Scootaloo said, wiping a tear from her eye.

"Yeah, Thunderlane would tell me all about these stories, like the Headless Horse-"

"That one freaked me out, I was so terrified of it. I didn't sleep at all for the first few nights. Or the Mare with the Missing Horseshoe?"

"Oh yeah, I won't even go into that." Rumble said with a roll of his eyes.

"Good times." the two sighed. They sat up and looked to the dark sky. The crescent moon was shinning boldly through the purple and black sky.

"I remember looking up at the stars when I was younger with Thunderlane." Rumble said with a smile.

"I did it with my Dad, and Rainbow Dash here and there." Scootaloo said. She smiled at the memory of pointing out different shapes in the sky.

"Tonight was actually pretty fun." Rumble said, looking into Scootaloo's eyes. "But I think this is the best part." he wrapped a wing around Scootaloo, who took to scooting in closer, smiling at Rumble's line.

"You're so cheesy Rumble."

"Whatever makes you smile." he says. Scootaloo laughed and sighed.

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed, and don't mind the clichés in this. Sorry I didn't update earlier, but regardless, I still hope that you enjoy. A comment is much appreciated, and I always have a good laugh reading through them. You guys know how to really make my day.

Peace, Love, Tolerate,

-Candy:heart::derpytongue2: