• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 3,745 Views, 472 Comments

"Just Kiss Already!" And Other Rumbaloo Tales - Candy-Sweets_12



A few misadventures between Rumble and Scoots before the married life.

  • ...
8
 472
 3,745

Chapter 12; Fearful

Scootaloo wiped her eyes, she was doing her best not to fall asleep and land face first into her tray. "Scootaloo?" Rumble asked.

"Huh?" she said, looking up.

"Are you okay? You look like your about to pass out." Scootaloo tried to focus her eyes on him, but she felt like she was seeing double.

"I'm fine." She said. But in truth, she wasn't, she felt a bit frightened, considering the fact that the last time she got no sleep, she fell off of a cliff and into a river.

"You're shaking a bit." Rumble said, pointing to her hoof, and the table, which looked like it was vibrating.

"Okay, you caught me." Scootaloo said, setting her head on the table. "I haven't gotten much sleep in the past few days."

"How come?" Rumble asked.

"I've just been thinking about my future a lot." she said.

"But why are you shaking?" Rumble asked. Scootaloo took her head of the table and sat up, taking her hooves off of the table. "It's okay to tell me Scootaloo." Rumble said, she looked down and rubbed her eyes.

"Please don't tell anyone about this." she said pleadingly.

"Of course not." Rumble replied.

"If you do, I'm going to deny it."

"Not a problem. Now what exactly is bothering you?"

"Don't laugh okay?"

"I won't."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

"You really promise?"

"Yes I really promise," he mimicked, "are you going to say it or not?"

Scootaloo turned to the side. "I-I'm...kind of scared."

"You are?"

"Don't say anything about it. I know that I may come off as tough and rough, but we've all got our own fears."

"Do you mind me asking what they are?"

"I'd only do it if you told me yours." she said.

"Okay then, in that case, I'm claustrophobic, if I were in a small room without many windows or doors, or maybe few lights, or a bunch of ponies were in there, I'd freak out. I'm also afraid of failing."

"Failing?"

"You know, afraid to let anypony pony down, or be or do what they expect me to do. But I'm afraid of letting them down when I feel like doing my own things." Rumble explained.

"That can't be easy."

"It isn't." Rumble agreed.

"I guess that I don't like failing either, remember when me and my friends carried the Ponyville flag a few years back?"

"How could I forget, you guys represented us pretty well." Rumble said.

"Well, at first we did our rocking routine, but then somepony made fun of me about not being able to fly yet, and I felt like no one would enjoy the performance if I didn't fly. So I tried to do it, but it nearly ended up ruining the routine. It took Rainbow Dash to help me see that I didn't have to fly to do it to represent Ponyville."

"Wow. That must've sucked."

"It did. But that's not my only fear." she said, looking down.

"What else is there?"

"When I was younger, I had a bunch of nightmares and I couldn't fall asleep. Rainbow Dash, our friends, and I were on a camping trip, and I kept trying to prove I wasn't scared of her stories. I was afraid she wouldn't take me under her wing if I was a coward. I thought I heard something and ran off in the middle of the night, and I fell in a river, until Rainbow Dash saved me."

"You fell of a cliff? Is that why you're scared? The memory of it?"

"Partially, though, who wouldn't be scare if it felt like they were nearly killed?"

"Fair point. I can see why."

"That's not it though, I'm also kind of afraid of being rejected." she said, rubbing her arm.

"Rejected?"

"Yeah, I'd feel like I'm never good enough for anypony and all. I'd feel like I'd never be good enough to do anything. I just feel like I could never be able to do something no matter how hard I try."

"Does that mean you're afraid that you won't get in to the Academy."

"Yeah, a little bit."

"Well I guess that that means we're going to have to work harder.

"Good, then as soon as we get to practice, you and I are doing wing-ups."

"But isn't it my turn t-"

"Don't try it Rumble." she said. He put his hooves up defensively.

"Okay, I'll do them." he said. He then groaned.

'Is that why you're Dad's so overprotective? He knows about your fear?' He thought.

"I did some pretty crazy things today." Scootaloo admitted.

"Such as?"

"Well, I thought I saw a flamingo in Home Ec." She said.

"What?" Rumble asked, raising his eyebrow.

"And then I told my friends that I felt like Princess Celestia." she said, blushing a bit.

"Well you're not alone, you're not the only one who hasn't gotten much sleep for the past few days. I thought that Sweetie Belle's hair was cotton candy, and that her horn was the stick."

"That's pretty weird."

"I'm not the one who saw a flamingo in class."

"I didn't mistake my friend's hair for food." she shot back.

"Fair point." he shrugged. The lunch bell rang, and the two stood up to clear they're trays.

"Um...Scootaloo?"

"Yeah?" she asked, turning around to look at him.

"Can I ask you something, after practice?" Rumble asked.

"Sure. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to try and keep my head up during history." she smiled at him and flew away.

'How the hay am I going to ask her?' Rumble thought to himself.

Author's Note:

Thank you kindly for reading this. I had fun with it. If I didn't do your suggestion, that means that I'll get to it in a later chapter. Hope you enjoyed, you can still leave suggestions if you want for the next chapter. But right now, I'm going to go back to sleep. I feel just as tired as Scootaloo.

Peace, Love, Tolerate,

-Candy