• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 3,745 Views, 472 Comments

"Just Kiss Already!" And Other Rumbaloo Tales - Candy-Sweets_12



A few misadventures between Rumble and Scoots before the married life.

  • ...
8
 472
 3,745

Chapter 33; Broken Hearts

"Maybe we could wait until tomorrow." Apple Bloom suggested, sweating bullets as she bit the tip of her hoof.

"No, you said you would do it, Scootaloo did her part, now you do yours." Sweetie Belle replied.

"Me and mah big mouth." Apple Bloom mumbled. She sighed. "Is he here yet?"

"Not yet, but he's coming." Scootaloo answered.

Apple Bloom groaned and shifted uncomfortably. "Are you girls hot or is it just me?"

"It's you." Scootaloo said. "You don't have to be so nervous about it, you were confident in the tree house, don't tell me you're going to wuss out now."

"Well..."

"It's always going to be hard the first time, but trust me, it'll be worth it." Sweetie Belle assured her. She looked up and jumped, pointing behind Apple Bloom. "There he is!" she whisper shouted. Apple Bloom turned around and blushed immediately, turning back around to find her two friends gone.

"Oh." she sighed. She looked up in Pipsqueak's direction and took a deep breath. "I can do this." she told herself. "Hi Pip." she greeted, a bit too eagerly.

"Oh, hey Apple Bloom." Pip said, stopping in his tracks. He wasn't as small as he used to be, he had a pretty effective growth spurt that made him stand at Apple Bloom's height.

"Are ya...free tomorrow?" Apple Bloom choked out.

"Are you asking me out?" Apple Bloom jumped up, turning bright red.

"What?! No, I mean, I was just wonderin' is all."

"You really are asking me out aren't you?" Pip asked knowingly. Apple Bloom avoided his eyes and rubbed one of her forelegs.

"Maybe." she admitted.

"I'm sorry Apple Bloom, but, I've got other plans this week. Besides, even if you are asking me out, I just don't really feel that way about you." Pip said.

Apple Bloom felt crushed. "Oh." she managed to say. She felt tears welling up in her eyes and turned away in fear that he'd notice. Seeing her cry like this was something she definitely didn't want.

"Wait," Pipsqueak said.

Apple Bloom turned back around, her eyes burning. "What?"

"I can still make time on Sunday." he offered.

"Sure." Apple Bloom replied, putting a sad smile on her face. With that, she trotted away.

Once she reached the outside, she was confronted by her friends. "Are...you okay?" Scootaloo asked worriedly.

"I'll live. It's not the first heartbreak I've ever encountered." Apple Bloom said, trying to laugh it off. "...I should go home now, Apple Jack is probably needing mah help in the fields." Before her friends could say another word, she trotted off.

Sweetie Belle looked to Scootaloo. "Should we go after her, or talk to Pip?"

"Maybe we should go after her. Not much we can say to him." Scootaloo shrugged. The two took off after Apple Bloom, not noticing the spotted colt looking from behind the school doors.


"Apple Bloom? Are you alright?" Applejack asked through the door.

"Leave me alone Applejack!" she called out through the door.

"But you're friends are here." she called back. A long silence occurred before there was a light click from the door, before creaking open.

"Thanks." Scootaloo said to her.

"No problem, try ta help her out will ya? I'm no expert in this type of thing." she replied.

"We'll do our best." Sweetie Belle said.

The two walked in through the door to find Apple Bloom on her bed, with her back turned to them. She was lying on her side, and seemed to be clutching something.

"Apple Bloom?" Scootaloo asked.

She tightened her grip.

"You want to talk about it?" Sweetie Belle asked.

She didn't reply.

The two walked up to her bed and sat at the edge of it. "We're sorry you had to go through that." Sweetie Belle said.

"So you saw everything," Apple bloom replied. It wasn't a question.

"There's a bright side in this," Scootaloo said.

"And just what might that be?" Apple Bloom asked coldly.

"He's still free on Sunday." Scootaloo said.

"So. It's not like it'll be any different from before. He probably just said it to be nice. He must hate me now." Apple Bloom sniffed. "Ah'm such a fool for thinking of askin'. Of course he'd say no. I'm such an idiot!" Apple Bloom threw the object she was clutching, what looked to be a journal, at the wall.

"No you're not Apple Bloom, it'll only get better." Sweetie Belle said.

"Oh really?" Apple Bloom said, turning to Sweetie Belle, her orange eyes blazing, she had red marks and puffy eyes, along with white trails from dried tears on her face. "You're the one who actually has a coltfriend, you never had to be turned down by your crush, what makes you think this'll get better?!" Apple Bloom threw at her.

"Maybe you should-" Scootaloo began.

"What?! Calm down? How am ah supposed ta calm down?! You certainly wouldn't know about it! You never even had to ask Rumble on a date! Yet you two think this is going to be better? Are you bucking kidding me?!" she screamed.

A long silence filled the space as Apple Bloom panted. It took her a minute to realize that she was in her friend's faces. She softened once she saw the hurt looks on their faces, and how close Sweetie was to tears.

"Ah'm sorry." she said. "I'm just so frustrated and upset. I didn't mean to take it out on you girls." Apple Bloom sighed and flattened herself on the bed. "Ah know that ya'll just wanted to help, but I think I should just be alone."

"Can I say something else?" Scootaloo asked.

"What is it?" Apple Bloom asked softly.

"I have no idea how it feels to have my heart broken like that. But you're not alone Apple Bloom, who knows, maybe Pip does have feelings for you, or he doesn't, maybe he's sorry for hurting you, maybe he isn't. I have no idea how long you had a crush on him, But, I think that you could try again if you're willing to. If you still feel that way. It's tough, relationships like these, and it can often cause more drama that even Discord wouldn't be able to handle, but you never know unless you try."

"Scootaloo's right. If you want to still date him, you still have a chance. But if you don't, you can always learn to move on from this. It always sucks when you get turned down like this, and it'll feel like a stab to the heart. But over time, wounds learn to heal, and you can too." Sweetie Belle continued.

"We'll leave you alone now, but you should think about what we said." Scootaloo said. Apple Bloom said nothing and looked away.


"Where did that come from?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"What?" Scootaloo asked, turning her attention away from the apple trees.

"That whole speech, back in Apple Bloom's room." Sweetie Belle reminded.

"Oh, well, I had a bunch of conflicting feelings when it came to Rumble. And a few times before as well."

"What does that mean?"

"Remember all of those times I never really got any other ponies attention, when you two always had someone giving you something, or buying you gifts for Hearts and Hooves?"

"You were alone."

"Yeah, I felt like no pony had any feelings for me. I didn't have any crushes on any pony, and I guess I never really got used to feeling left out and alone. Until Rumble came back in the picture anyway." Scootaloo said. "What about you?"

"What about me, exactly?"

"How did you come up with what you said?" Sweetie Belle smiled and shut her eyes for a long minute, taking in a deep breath before opening them again. "I never really told you two."

"Told us what?" Scootaloo asked.

"There's one thing Apple Bloom got wrong in there."

"Quit it with the riddles Sweets, what did she get wrong?" Scootaloo asked.

"Being turned down by a crush." she replied.

"What?" Scootaloo asked. "Who?"

"Well, not long after getting our cutiemarks, I developed the courage to finally ask Spike out."

"Spike?" Scootaloo repeated in shock.

"Yup. I developed a crush on him when we all went to the Empire together."

"Wow, that long?"

"Yeah. I had these fantasies about us growing old together and dating. So when I finally asked him..."

"He turned you down." Scootaloo finished. Sweetie nodded and chuckled.

"Of course, I was heart broken. It was before Rarity said she didn't have feelings for him like he originally did. He told me he just wasn't in to me. That he just like Rarity more. Of course, I cried myself to sleep that night. I never really told anypony but Rarity."

"What she do about it?" Scootaloo asked.

"She told Spike how she felt."

"Wow."

"I know. I felt like I was trash. Not worthy enough for anypony. And it took a long time for those wounds to heal. Though, they required a few stitches, you know?"

"I have no idea." Scootaloo said.

Sweetie Belle rolled her eyes. "Rarity helped me to get over my little heart break. She said that there's plenty of fish in the sea. And of course, there was Button. I didn't develop a crush on him, we just met and became friends after the whole ordeal. And he helped to make those wounds of mine heal up faster. Especially after he asked me out."

"I'm glad you told me this Sweets. I just wish you told me when it happened. I would've tried to help you out." Scootaloo said.

"I know. But I'm glad it worked out the way it did. I probably wouldn't have met up with Button the way I did had it not been for that little heartbreak. I guess some good things can come from bad things huh?"

"Yeah." Scootaloo agreed.

Author's Note:

So sorry for the lack of updates, I had a lot of things on my plate this week, and I couldn't make time to type. I hope you all enjoy this chapter, be sure to let me know what you thought of it in the comments below. Feel free to leave any suggestions for future chapters as well. If you want to ask me a personal question, or about anything else, you can go over to my Q&A blog right here;

Link
Thank you all for reading, I hope that you enjoyed this. With that,

Peace, Love, Tolerate,