• Published 8th Jun 2012
  • 14,922 Views, 328 Comments

Blind Trust - danail24



A human child walks in the middle of Ponyville Marketplace. There she is found by Rainbow Dash!

  • ...
40
 328
 14,922

Chapter 8: Is that music I hear in the castle's hallways?

Intermission…………………………. Vegeta the prince of all Saiyans, one of the protagonists from Dragon Ball Zee has been following the fanfiction story “Blind Trust” for quite a while now and has this to say after being asked:

But seriously guys, thanks for all the support! I also want to thank MiraPrower for becoming my new editor! Now enjoy the latest installment of “Blind Trust”!

Chapter 8

“Is that music I hear in the Castle’s hallways?”

As Kelly and Twilight approached the town’s square, among the crowd of ponies the two of them spotted Rarity and Fluttershy sitting at the Hearths Warming fountain, the biggest fountain in Canterlot. The piece of architecture itself represented three ponies, from ancient times if you judged by their clothing, that stood together united under the Equestrian flag with the regal sisters at the center. Water sprayed from their backs and the princesses’ necks.

“Hey, girls! Had a good time?” the bookish mare greeted her friends eagerly.

“Oh, yes! I really loved all the birdies, and monkeys, and lizards, and all the other critters at the pet shops! They just had the cutest Cavalier King Charles Spaniel there! Her fur and hair color patterns kind of reminded me of you Twilight!” The pet-loving pony went ecstatic at her recollections.

“And I do have to admit that the Canterlotian fashion designers have really outdone themselves for the holiday. Dark blue is really in this month! Maybe they should call it Lunar blue.” The pristine unicorn winked to emphasize her mild pun.
“Plus, I really fancied this cute waiter stallion who winked at me as he hooved me the tab.”

“Me and Twilight went to see her family” The little human joined in the conversation, making Rarity and Fluttershy smile at her statement only for their faces to frown at the words that followed it “but her mother didn’t like that Twilight was taking care of me and they yelled at each other over me.”

“That’s terrible!” The shy mare gasped holding her forehooves to her face.

“It wasn’t a fight! We just had a difference in opinion that’s all.” Twilight tried to soften up the complications Kelly had just made.
In the near future, I reeeeealy should teach Kelly that she should postpone telling other ponies such things until the right time arrives. Or as I like to call it “having a sense of tact!” The library equine added a mental note for herself.

“What happened darling?” The fashion diva insisted on keeping the topic going, closing in on her lavender friend.

“Look, I don’t think it’s the right time and place for this. Couldn’t it wait until we retire to our guest suites at the castle?” The intelligent mare’s eyes darted left and right nervously, desperate to change the subject.

“I’ll tell you what happened!” Kelly spoke out again, her child inability to keep quiet kicking in.

“Kelly, no!” Twilight tried to protest and fortunately for her that was when all of her other friends came and put a stop to this most unpleasant conversation.

“Hey, guys, I hope you had as much fun as me and AJ did!” Rainbow Dash landed, still pumped up from all that sporting exercise “Aaah, who am I kidding! I was awesome! You all missed out on my coolness!” The rowdy mare boasted around but after taking a look at her peeved country pal she added “Yeah, and Jackie here has one heck of a bucking kick. Sent the ball right out of the park! I caught it of course!”

“Ooo, ooo! Me and Spike had oodles of fun at one of the ice cream houses!” Pinkie skipped like a monkey, waving for attention “Until they threw us out. Spike overate and got the hiccups. He set the place on fire. But it’s okay! The ponies working at the counter stopped it before it did any serious damage.”

“*giggle* No more treats for you Spike! You’re going on a diet!” The spell weaver magicked her assistant up and on her back.

“Whatever you say Twi! Gluuh… wuu-uuuh!” Spike didn’t even think of objecting, deciding to take it easy, feeling sick to his stomach.

“Oh, poor Spike!” The small alien put her hand on one of the dragon’s spines, going down to his belly, deciding to rub on it gently.

“Buuuuurp! Thank you Kelly! That feels a little bit better. You’re a good human!” the light mulberry reptile belched and sighed in relief, a grin widening on his face.

“So cute.” Fluttershy squeed with delight at the sweet scene.

/ Later at the castle/

The octet entered the royal gardens, accompanied by a small group of royal guards for security reasons. Being familiar with many things involving the castle, the Elements of Harmony and Spike paid no heed for everything was how it should be. However the alien girl was an exclusion. As she walked with the others, she couldn’t help herself by darting her face around, a child’s lively curiosity being clear on her face. The interesting songs the birds sang, the sounds of military drills, the exalted music coming from somewhere within the walls of one of the towers and the smell of spring adorning the whole scene. Every little detail revealed the distinct atmosphere that the castle itself emitted, filling the child’s imagination with fantasies and arousing her adventurous spirit which welled up inside her.

As they entered the front gates, some of the guards went ahead to announce their arrival to princess Celestia who was currently residing in the throne room, having recently finished her day court duties. Kelly caught the echo that resonated against the mosaic glass as the two huge wings of the door were swung open by magic.

“Hello Twilight Sparkle! And hello to your friends too! I’m happy that everyone of you could make it.” The princess nodded, earning another session of bows.
“There’s no need for that! It’s a celebration! It’s okay to be more casual about the whole thing.” The solar diarch stood up and came down to our protagonists.

“Well, if that’s the case then, I’ll be taking out my party cannon if nopony minds!” Pinkie took out her custom made miniature cyan one cannon battery, with a daisy incrusted on both of its pink wheels.

“Actually Pinkie I do mind!” Twilight answered in a monotonous tone, making her friend turn her head in attention and put away the weapon of mass partying, the thing literally disappearing out of view “Before we decide on doing anything else, I’d like the six of us, minus Kelly and Spike to meet in my room. I have things I want to talk about.”

“Okay! Sure thing Twi! I reckon we should! Agreed darling! Right-o governor!” The rest of the ponies gave their consents.

“Hey! What about us? It’s not fair! I want to hear! I don’t want to be left out! And Spike shouldn’t be either!” Kelly stomped with her little foot, slightly irritated that she was being shut off again.

“Sorry, Kelly but this is a conversation for grown mares only. In the mean time you’ll be staying in the other room with Spike.” The responsible lavender unicorn held her ground.

“Well, it seems you all need your privacy for now. I’ll take you to your rooms myself.” The regal ruler proposed, starting to walk, taking the lead on the group.

“Shucks! You don’t have to do that princess.” Applejack felt a little spoiled, being a pony of a humble nature.

“It’s the least I can do! It’s on my way to the Great Dance hall. The renovations that were made after the Grand Galloping Gala fiasco 3 years ago really brightened up the place.” The alicorn princess made some small talk while they were at it.

“What’s the Grand Galloping Gala?” The little child turned her head in Celestia’s direction.

“That’s a good question Kelly my dear! The Grand Galloping Gala is an annual royal ball attended primarily by high-class ponies. Twilight and her friends attended it 3 years ago and… let’s just say things got very fun with them there.” The Sheppard of the sun shed some light on the matter.

“Wow! It sounds like a fairy tale!” the brown haired girl chimed, imagining the ball being just like Cinderella’s, Fluttershy taking the lead role, sporting some glass slippers on all of her four hooves.

“More like a bore-me-to-sleep! The ponies there were so stuck up and snobby that Rarity seemed waaaaay down-to-earth compared to them! It took all of my awesome efforts to liven up the joint!” Rainbow Dash tossed in her own version, not forgetting to insert a little bragging while she was at it.

“Uuuum… actually Rainbow Dash, what really happened was… well, Pinkie Pie stage dived into Applejack’s cake, flinging it at Rarity, Rarity got mad and splashed some of the icing on Prince Blueblood, the prince toppled over and tipped a statue, you tried to catch it but failed and pushed over all of the decorative beams like a domino and finally I lead a pack of frightened stampeding animals into the hall.” Fluttershy recited all the events with pinpoint accuracy as if it was yesterday, finishing it with an adorable squee.

“Yeah! That was fun!” Pinkie Pie commented with a spring in her step.

“Heheheeheheehehhee! You said it Pinkie!” Kelly covered her mouth, barely withholding her amusement at how ridiculous all of her friends must have been during that event years ago.

“Aaaaah, we’ve arrived!” princess Celestia smiled venerably as she slowed to a halt in front of two very lavish looking doors.

The doors themselves were identical, made of solid yew, coated in royal red paint, adorned with intricate golden tracery with floral motives. A miniature brass unicorn head jutted out from each one, with a ring piercing the base of its horn.

“I apologize in advance for the inconvenience but I’m afraid there were some complications and most of the rooms ended up being occupied by other important guests. So my organizer decided to make the remaining two rooms into an adult and a child section.” The co-ruler of Equestria noted.

“It’s no problem princess!” Twilight flashed her mentor a grin before opening the door with her magic.

“The better to eavesdrop on your secret meeting!” the devilish young maiden muttered her line under her breath.

“Did you say something Kelly darling?” Rarity craned her neck, puzzled.

“Oh, nothing!” The human kid foxed around, putting on her best innocent grin, earning a suspicious look from her bookish pony guardian.

“Well, I have to get going! Mustn’t keep the dance hall waiting! See you soon girls!” The regal alicorn trotted off in a hurry.
I hope they’re not on to me! What were the griffons and minotaurs thinking, I will never understand! I hope Twilight will forgive me if I tell her about the changes in diner plans later. Celestia thought to herself as she quickened her pace.

As 5 of the Elements of Harmony entered the room, Applejack was left with the task of delivering the young’uns to theirs and hoofing them to the maids responsible.

“Y’all behave, ya hear! If you need somethin’, ask the maid’s fer it. They’re staying in the room in the back. Twilight said Spike should lie down and get sum rest… Oh and Kelly: Twilight told me to tell you not to eavesdrop. It’s not nice okay?” The country mare made sure she cleared everything up on all matters.

“Okay Applejack.” The little human pouted in defeat.

After the Element of honesty left the room, the first thing Spike did was to drag his stubby little feet to the big double bed, meant for him and Kelly and plop himself on it, quickly wrapping the blankets around his body, trying not to think about the terrible belly ache:

“I dunno about you Kelly but this dragon’s done for today. Wake me up when its dinner time!” The teeny draconis stated his case and as soon as his spiky head hit the pillow, he fell asleep.

“I still want to hear what Twilight and the others are up to!” The alien kid whined in boredom.

/in the neighboring room/

“So, Twilight, what’s up? And by that I mean the important mumbo jumbo you wanna to talk about.” RD crossed her hooves while lying on the bed, propped on her back, taking in the full view of the upside down lavender mare.

“Oooh, oooh, lemme guess! You want us to throw a surprise for princess Luna! That’s a terrific idea! You’re brilliant Twilight!” The pink whirlwind bounced in place excitedly.

“No Pinkie! It’s about Kelly! My… my mom and I got into a fight about her.” The librarian spoke, the intonation in her voice dropping, averting her gaze from her friends in the awkward silence that followed.

“B-b-but whyyyy?” Fluttershy was the first to break the ice, her ears drooping flat against her head.

“She said she hated the idea that I was supposed to take care of her, that princess Celestia expects too much of me, and that Kelly should go to an orphanage where she thinks Kelly belongs.” Twilight continued her confession in a somber tone.

“Why of all the… The gall! I mean no disrespect to you mother Twilight, but I strongly disagree with her. A filly like her needs a warming reassurance the most at a time like this, and furthermore the princess gave you a choice in the matter; I daresay that you two probably discussed it at the night of the party, am I correct?” Rarity curbed her initial outburst, replacing it with reason.

“Yes you are Rarity! The princess understood me when I hinted that I wanted to volunteer for becoming Kelly’s temporary guardian. Anyways, my mother and I eventually reconciled but I’m afraid that she’s probably thinking that the whole thing will blow over once we find Kelly a suitable substitute parent, when in fact… I’m hiding something from her… something I want to share with all of you right now.” The student of magic concluded with her preparatory explanations, feeling a twinge of guilt regarding her mother, and one of nervousness regarding her friends.

“Oooooo! What is it? Tell us Twilight! The suspense is killing me! Tell us, tell us, tell uuus!” The party mare hugged one of the spellweaver’s hind feet, her eyes glistening.

“Okay! It all started, the first night Kelly spent at the library…”

/back at the kids room/

“Uuuurgh! I’m so bored!” The outlandish lass drummed her fingers against one of the dresser’s drawers, while sitting on the edge of the bed.
“Spike? You awake?” she called for her reptilian friend, only to receive a snore in return.

The girl sighed with chagrin. She didn’t like being left alone; even though technically she wasn’t right now.

I know! Her face lit with an idea I’ll go to that room AJ told me about and ask one of the maids to keep me company! Maybe ask the other one to get me a banana milkshake. I heard those were good! I’m very thirsty anyways.

/inside the maids’ chamber/

The door to this particular room was positioned right at the corner of the wall where the double bed stood. Inside of it, there were two earth pony mares who sat on a jet black cushiony sofa. Both of them were clothed in the typical frilly black and white maids’ dresses; one was forest green with a rufous mane, and the other ocean blue with a mane of a darker hue of the same color.

“Hey, Ocean breeze, its nearing the end of our shift! How’s about we head on over home early?” The first maid spoke turning to her blue companion.

“B-b-but Ginger Duster, the head maid said there were important guests arriving at the room we are responsible for! Shouldn’t we check on them first or at least wait for our colleagues from the next shift to arrive?” Ocean Breeze stuttered hesitantly.

“Don’t be such a little miss diligent worker Ocean! I’m sure they don’t need us even if they’re at their room right now! Let’s just go now! Come ooooon! I promise to treat you to some caaaaaake… at my place!” Ginger pressed on, trying to tempt her co-worker.

“Oh, you’re right! I should really loosen up! It’s a holiday after all!”

“That’s what I wanted to hear! Let’s go out the back!”

And with that, both ponies left through their extra-door exit to avoid going through the guest room of which they were responsible for.

A minute later a knock occurred. It was eventually followed by a pale head protruding.

“Hellooo? They told me you were here to help us out with things. I’m Kelly Sombermayer! I’m staying here with Twilight Sparkle, student of princess Celestia… Can you uuuh, come and help me with something?” The human spoke.

After receiving no answer, she listened intently for any sound at all. Kelly heard no breathing so the equines weren’t hiding from her. But why weren’t they there then?

Maybe they’re on a break. Thought the young maiden, a devilish smirk forming on her face That gives me an idea! I can go out in the hall and search for a pony to show me to the kitchen…………. This’ll be fun!

Closing the maid’s door as quietly as possible, the little girl tiptoed towards the nearest opposing wall, going over it with her fingers until she found the exit to her confinement. Pushing it open, Kelly went outside and felt for the hallway wall. Once she found it, she strode on, leaving one of her hands brushing against the solid surface, so she’d know she was going in a straight direction.

***

“Oo-ooooh! That’s so kind of you Twilight!” Fluttershy’s eyes started watering, holding her forehooves against her muzzle.

“Aren’t you afraid your mother might throw a fit?” Rarity cocked a brow at her lavender friend, wondering if she had thought things through.

“Even if she does, I… well I simply don’t care! I’m a grown mare and it’s my decision! She will just have to deal with it.” Twilight put her hoof down firmly, it eliciting an audible clop.

“Don’t worry, pal! We’re behind you one hundred percent!” Rainbow Dash pressed the cheek of the library unicorn against her own.

“Words can’t describe how many parties I will throw once we get back to Ponyville!” Pinkie mashed up her cheeks with her hooves.

*knock, knock, knock*

“Excuse us!” A beige mare with a dark brown mane entered followed by another one.

“Howdy! Are dem tykes givin’ ya any trouble?” AJ tilted her Stetson up, greeting the two newcomers with a friendly smile.

“No! We don’t know how to tell you this but… it seems one of the two children has gone missing.” Both mares gave the group concerned looks.

“WHAT!” The purple spell-master teleported herself abruptly in front of the two equines, a couple of her locks suddenly standing out of place with a twang noise “WHAT HAPPENED? WHICH ONE IS MISSING! TELL ME!”

“UHYEEE! W-w-w-well, miss Sparkle, y-you see w-we’re the next shift of maids. We arrived 5 m-minutes ago and found that our colleagues had checked out early. We w-went to check on the children and only found the baby dragon sleeping on the b-bed. We asked him if he knows where his companion went but he-he-he said he had been sleeping this whole time.” The flustered maid stuttered out every word of her explanation, taking one step back from the mad mare.

“Oh, no!” The fluttery Pegasus gasped.

“Darn it Kelly! I swear! I never knew that kid had the guts to run off somewhere on her own!” The Wonderbolt in training swung her forehoof in vexation.

Just as Twilight was starting to hyperventilate from all the stress and crazy paranoid scenarios going through her mind at accelerated speeds, Rarity stepped putting her hoof on her back and nuzzling her under her neck.

“Shhhh, Twilight! Relax! Iiin, oooout, iiiiin, oooout! There’s nothing to worry about. I’m sure that even though blind, Kelly probably took a walk in the hallways. She is sure to have come across a guard or a servant by now or in other case soon.” The pristine unicorn helped her friend resume her normal breathing pace, calming her down.

“If you want, we can help you search for her. As long as you describe her to us as to what she looks like.” One of the personnel spoke up again, the two being really concerned about their jobs.

“That won’t be necessary ladies!” Pinkie Pie suddenly appeared, wearing a green army general uniform with the officer bullion hat and all the medals and honors, her look complete with a pair of sunglasses.

“Listen up soldiers!” she turned to address her five loyal members of the newly formed Pink Squad “We have a very close comrade of ours missing! And we are not going to stand by on our flanks and take any chances when she could be anywhere! So first thing we’re going to do is spread out, recruit as much of our Royal Guard allies for the mission as possible and find our dear Kelly! Am I understood?”

“Yes ma’am, General Pinkie Pie ma’am!” the two pegasi and the gamboge earth pony saluted, lining up and puffing out their chests.

“Then let’s go and get our human back!” The party whirlwind lead her five friends out in the corridors.

“Get their what now?” One of the working equines asked the other who just shrugged in return.

/back in the hallways/

The young alien girl had been walking for 7 minutes now, and surprisingly, she still hadn’t encountered anypony on her way. The brown haired outworlder was just starting to wonder whether this was a bad idea or not when she heard sounds. Wonderful sounds! Sounds of a… cello, playing somewhere!

They sound so exquisite and refined! As light as a feather, as smooth as silk! Kelly marveled at the musical notes resounding against the marble walls.

Like a bee to honey, the kid could not help but be drawn to what she was hearing, pacing towards it like it was a homing beacon. Gingerly opening the door halfway, the human didn’t expect for it to creak so loudly. The melody immediately stopped, its player most probably offended by the invading noise.

“Who’s there?” A voice with a fastidious and polished nature asked coldly, piercing the silence.

“Oh, sorry! I’ll come back later!” The boggled alien fussed about, trying to find the handle.

“…Wait!” The pony who apparently owned the voice called out again after a pause, making the little maiden freeze up in one place.
“Did my music bring you here?”

“Yes, miss…uuuuh…”

“Octavia.”

“…miss Octavia! I must say it sounded very beautiful!” The earthling gave the mare a compliment, braving a few steps forward.

“Did it now?” Octavia grinned with clear intrigue written on her face.
“So you must like Classic music from where you’re from.”

“Yes, I do! I love many genres actually. Music is a very pretty way to express oneself.”

“So I gather you play a bit yourself?”

“Why yes, on the violin! They tell me I’m very good at it.”

“Come on over child!” The cello player motioned her forehoof towards herself, prompting the girl to advance.

As Kelly came close, she hit her lower ribs against something solid.

“Watch the platform! It’s a little high!” A hoof slipped itself in the outworlder’s hand, helping her up.

As Octavia started to ponder as to why this strange looking filly collided with the stage platform, she noticed the alien’s lifeless, unmoving eyes. The fact that this creature was blind surprised the mare but she decided not to bring it up as it seemed improper to her.

“So, to whom do I have the pleasure of speaking to and what brings you to the palace?” The musician restarted the conversation.

“Oh, where are my manners! My name is Kelly Sombermayer, and I was invited by princess Celestia to attend today’s holiday.”

“That and probably to quell the journalists who’ve been skulking around the castle grounds for quite a while now.” Octavia remembered how she walked by the press ponies who were acting like a bunch of paparazzi, trying to bypass security, before they got thrown out.

“Oh, Twilight told me about them. She said they’re very interested in me because I’m not from here.” The child blushed quite a bit when she remembered all the attention she received during the party the day before yesterday.

“You don’t say.” The cellist answered automatically, before snapping out of her daze and deciding to loosen things up “Would you like to play with me?”

“Oh, I’d love to! But I left my violin back at Ponyville.” Kelly’s face darkened a little.

“That won’t be a problem. I have one right here. You can have it.” The grey earth pony hoofed the outlander one of her colleague’s violins, figuring he wouldn’t mind.

“Aaaaah, this one is very nice!” The young maiden ran her fingers through the smooth surface of the instrument, which was painted blue.

Much better polished than her own, Kelly could tell it was either well cared for or brand new, smelling the strong scent of violin cleaner.

“What should I do exactly?” The brown-haired urchin frowned upon realization, once she was done tuning up and placing the instrument on her shoulder.

“Just follow my lead.” Was the only thing Octavia said before beginning a melody that sounded like it was listened to by the pinnacle of class.

***

Princess Luna was trotting down the pristine halls with a very joyful spring in her step.

Finally! A day devoted to me and my moon! It’s been so long since I’ve felt true adoration from my subjects. It was quite the rocky start at first! The nobles are still as distant as ever, minus the usual hooflickers who just want my attention and Fancy Pants, his wife and himself being the only of nobility who were kind enough to act friendly around me. I was truly amazed how after the initial panic, my common subjects opened up their eyes to see the beauties my night has to offer them. It was of course with the help of Twilight Sparkle and the tutors Tia hired that I learned the proper way to act like the good-natured princess I always wanted to be. Yes! No more scary Nightmare Moon! Make way for the true princess of the night! I’m so happy with Tia supporting me all this way, that I might even offer her to take a vacation, so I’d take on all of the responsibilities for a change. The lunar diarch reflected on things.

Just as the blue alicorn was taking yet another turn down the corridor, she heard it! A melody unlike any other! As streaming as the flowing waters of a mountain brook; as graceful as a swan dancing in the waters of a calm pond; as alive as spring itself; as playful as a frolicking filly or colt. The pony royalty felt herself being swept off her feet, as she approached these divine sounds.

And there she saw it! A duet of a cellist and a violinist unlike any other! The princess knew the mare, the musician having played at important events such as the Grand Galloping Gala, her dark gray mane and treble cleft cutie mark being her most distinguished traits. However, the creature playing with her was another story.

Yeees! I do remember Tia told me what she looked like but my imagination alone wouldn’t suffice to visualize it until I saw her with my own eyes. This human filly does have a very peculiar appearance. And by her delicate aura and mild expression I can tell that everything Tia has been telling me about her is true. Luna looked over the alien child from head to toe as she finally decided to step in on this musical number.

The tocking sounds her glass shoes made against the tiles gave away the regal ponysonna’s presence to both of the players as their instruments came to a halt.

“Princess Luna! What an honor!” The grey earth pony propped her instrument on the stand and bowed in respect.

“Did the younger princess just enter?” Kelly turned her head frantically, trying to locate who was there.

“Yes, now bow!” Octavia used her tail to prompt the human to do just that.

“Arise!” The night mare let a gracious grin come across her lips as she came closer.
“My sister has told me much about you lady Sombermayer! I would have joined her at that party too if there wasn’t so much work to do around here.”

“Just Kelly is fine your majesty! I have to admit that I really like your dark chocolaty voice!” The outlander let her natural unreservedness show itself.

“Ahahaaa! This princess likes your attitude already!” The diarch squealed in a higher pitch, sounding a lot like Rarity herself.
“And you lady Octavia! I must confess that I enjoyed that performance! If you do just as good in the upcoming evening, you’re payment will be doubled.” The princess promised.

“Thank you your highness! Now if I may be excused I have to find my group.” The classical musician bowed once more.

“You may!” Luna said, letting the mare collect her things and quickly clear out.
“I never knew humans could be so similar to us ponies. You’re very dexterous with that violin!” she pointed out.

“When one is blind, music is one of the few solaces that make up for it.” The young maiden hid her hands and forearms behind her back, modesty forming in her being.

“A most unfortunate birth defect! But how about we go into the kitchen and have a sundae! You can tell me about how you ended up in this room.”

“I’d love to.” Kelly beamed following the alicorn towards their next destination.

***

Fluttershy galloped to and fro around the huge halls of the castle trying to seek out her lost human friend. Having a very soft spot for all things living, she was especially worried of what might have happened to Kelly. What if she got out of the castle? What if she was stuck somewhere in the garden labyrinth, going around aimlessly? What if she met a not so nice pony like the ones at the last party?

Such thoughts penetrated the shy Pegasus’ skull as she quickened her pace. However a barrel of laughter made her screech her hooves to a stop. She immediately recognized the owner of the first one being Princess Luna and as soon as it was accompanied by more ecstatic talking, Fluttershy’s heart leapt with hope renewed as she recognized the other voice.

“KELLY!” The timid mare found the strength to scream out as she burst into the royal kitchen.

/minutes earlier/

“Aaah, I haven’t been caressed in such a way ever since I returned from my banishment from the moon! We… I like it!” The ruler of the night closed her eyes, enjoying the digits crawling up her neck and face like a gentle hairless tarantula.

“I can relate to your need for attention princess! I had only the nuns at the orphanage to make me feel better at my lowest moments.” The frail orphan lay her hands on the heavenly locks, gasping at how cool and breezy they were.

“Tis indeed amazing how fate works.” Luna reflected upon the matter as she took a spoonful from her strawberry and kiwi ice cream sundae.

“It is also quite interesting how different you are from your sister.” Kelly smirked, a gleam appearing in her eye.

“How so?”

“You have a more playful and passionate personality!”

“Yes, I do get that a lot! Tia has always been a sore loser when I own her flank in badminton or play some practical jokes on her such as putting a spider in her mane while she slept. Don’t tell anypony but she’s arachnophobic.” The dark blue alicorn whispered that secret to her new alien confidante, both of them bursting in laughter right after.

“I can already imagine her running around the castle without her tiara, making unprincessy shrieks, rolling around on the floor and stomping with both of her forehooves in one place!” The bipedal kid joked about it, sending her and the guardian of the moon into hysterics.

“Kelly! Oh thank goodness you’re alright! We’ve all been worried sick, looking for you everywhere! Mostly Twilight! We should have never left you and Spike alone!” The butter-coated mare ran up to the conversing duo, panting in exhaustion.

“Oh, Fluttershy! Gee, I didn’t know I was gone for that long!” Kelly felt a pang of guilt squeeze her heart.

“Oh, thank you for finding her princess!” Fluttershy kissed her ruler’s hoof gratefully.

“You needn’t worry Fluttershy! She never got into any trouble. I found her practicing her instrument with one of the hired orchestra musicians and we’ve been here ever since.” Luna reassured the pink maned pony, putting on her best princess face.

Taking her goodbyes with the Lunar princess, the young escapee returned with the Staremaster to the searching party’s starting point. Twilight was greatly relieved to find the child unscathed and to hear what actually transpired.

“I hope that will teach you a lesson little missy! I’ve been going insane ever since I found out you weren’t in your room!” Taking a big breath, the intelligent mare scolded the alien child.

“I-I was only a little bored… and thirsty… I never meant to make you guys worry… I was keeping my hands on the walls so I wouldn’t hit my head or knees into something, and, and, and… I was hoping to come across somepony… I’m really sorry!” Kelly’s lip quivered as her chin muscles contracted. A small tear escaped her eye.

“…How can I ever stay mad at you? Come here!” The wizardly unicorn embraced the little girl with all her motherly feelings.
“Just please promise me you won’t run off on your own like that.”

“I promise!”

“Yo Twilight! Some guard stallion told me it was time for the press conference.” RD flew over, landing with a clop, being the ever loyal informer.

“Thank you Rainbow!” Twilight nodded and slid her back against the alien’s hand.

“W-what am I supposed to do… I’ve, I’ve never done this before.” Suddenly the blind child trembled with restlessness.

“Hush! There’s nothing to fear. I’ll be going with you. I made sure I’d be the one answering to most of the questions, and they’ll only take a few pictures of you. There won’t be many journalists there either. You’ll just have to sit on a chair and look pretty.” The purple equine renewed her hug and stroked the young human’s head mildly.

“Oooo… these feelings!” Rarity bit on her front hoof as she watched the tear-jerking scene unfolding in front of her.

“I’m ready!” Kelly said quietly, starting to move her feet with accordance to her entourage.

To be continued…

Author's Note:

Man, there were moments that really took it out of me on this chapter. But hopefully it will all be worth it! The next one will probably contain the interview and dinner scenes and I won’t hide that those will be just as tedious to write. But I’ll do it because then the turning point will occur! So you better prepare for some “Da feels” twisting scenes because they are near and almost at your door!
I inserted that Octavia duet because someone proposed I should. I thought it wasn’t a bad idea so I hope you appreciated reading it coz this scene is a special fan-service ;)
If anyone noticed, in this chapter I took special attention to explore Kelly’s childlike side: with all the tactlessness and going off to explore a child usually has. After all, she Is six no matter how smart I make her.

PS: 10 points for the person who guesses which response came from which pony:

“Before we decide on doing anything else, I’d like the six of us, minus Kelly and Spike to meet in my room. I have things I want to talk about.”

“Okay! Sure thing Twi! I reckon we should! Agreed darling! Right-o governor!” The rest of the ponies gave their consents.

The credits for the pic of Pinkie Pie sporting a general's outfit goes to Smokeybacon from deviant art