• Published 19th Dec 2015
  • 447 Views, 4 Comments

The Return - R-Dashiefan20



The very fate of Equestria hangs in the balance when an ancient foe returns

  • ...
4
 4
 447

Chapter 8

(FLASHBACK) 'We were sitting on a cloud waiting to make contact with our target'.

"Do you think we'll get to fight any bandits?" Wind asked.

"I would hope not. We're supposed to do this without being seen, remember?" I replied.

"Yea, but, wouldn't it be cool?" She asked.

"It would be. But, let's try to avoid it." I said.

I stared through binoculars at the giant steel building that was said to be a secret military base. We were looking for some intel on a secret project that was said to be a violation of the peace treaty with Equestria. I watched as a unicorn dressed in fatigues came out of the base and lit a cigarette.

"Now's our chance. Cloak up." I said as I pulled my face mask up.

We headed down and positioned ourselves. I took the guy out and threw him to Wind who took his keycard and PDA, then hid his body in a dumpster. I used his keycard to get us inside. We pulled our masks down and entered the door and entered a long hallway. I pulled out the PDA and pulled up a map. I looked at and found a room that looked to be a giant hangar. I signaled for Wind to follow me. She nodded. We moved down the hallway and came to a set of hanger doors. There was two successions of them with a small space between them. We passed through them and entered the hangar. What we saw shocked us. They had built nuclear bombs. We quickly snapped some photos before leaving. We were almost to the door when I sneezed. We heard a guard yell as we were heading toward the door. The alarm sounded and we took off running. I heard the hangar door slam behind me, followed by a sharp scream. I turned to see Wind with her leg trapped under the door. I ran back and tried to lift the door. It was too heavy.

"Just go!" She yelled.

"I won't leave you. You're my partner!" I screamed as I tried the keycard in the door with no effect.

She pushed me and threw a knife at the inside control panel of the other door. It slammed shut as I ran to help her. I pounded on the door with my fists.

"No! Wind! I won't leave you!" I screamed.

I heard guards shouting as they ran toward me.

"I'm sorry, Wind!" I said as turned and ran towards the exit.

I busted through exit door just as the building went into full lockdown. I flew back to HQ with a heavy heart, knowing that it was my fault.