• Published 19th Dec 2015
  • 446 Views, 4 Comments

The Return - R-Dashiefan20



The very fate of Equestria hangs in the balance when an ancient foe returns

  • ...
4
 4
 446

Chapter 30

I felt the back of my head starting to burn up. My hands began to glow dark purple and that light encompassed Dash as I watched. After about a minute, the light faded and her eyes opened up. I was terrified she wouldn't remember me. She jumped up.

"Jet! You came for me!" She yelled as she wrapped her arms around me.

She brought me into a long, passionate kiss. After she pulled away from me, I took a deep breath.

"Of course I came for you. Why wouldn't I?" I asked.

"The two pegasi guarding me kept saying that you had been corrupted and weren't coming for me." She replied.

"Well, I'm here now. What happened to your dress?" I asked motioning to her current attire.

"They ripped it off me. Something about being able to hide weapons in it." She said.

"They didn't hurt you did they? Or do anything else to you?" I asked.

"No. They just ripped my dress off and stuck me in here." She said.

"That's a relief." I said.

"How did you guys get captured anyway." She asked.

I looked away and put my hands in my lap.

"I... well... I kinda gave the bad guy the means to destroy Equestria." I said.

"You what?" She asked.

"Yea. I was going to destroy them in the lava, but he said if I did, I'd never see you again. I couldn't take that chance." I replied.

She wouldn't look me in the eyes.

"I can't believe you did that. You sacrificed all of Equestria for me? Are you nuts?" She asked.

Her words stung like a knife in my chest.

"But, if we didn't get thrown in here, you would've died." I said.

"I don't care. You shouldn't have done that. You should've just thrown the stuff in the lava and been done with it. You could've found someone else." She said.

I got up from the bunk.

"I don't want anyone else." I said as I walked across the room and sat in the corner.

I pulled my knees to my chest and propped my arms on my knees. I rested my head on my arms and hid my face. I felt the tears burst from my eyes. The only reason I put myself through all this was to get Dash back, but, now she hated me. In fact, I hated myself for being so selfish. How could I put myself before the fate of Equestria? I was so stupid.

"Rainbow Dash, that's not fair! We. He went through a lot to come and rescue you. He almost got himself killed. Twice! All to rescue you and bring you home. And you have the nerve to tell him he could've just 'found somebody else'?!" Fluttershy yelled as I looked up.

"What?" Dash asked.

"It's true, darling. If it wasn't for his quick thinking, we never would have found you." Rarity said.

"Yea. And I never would have gotten to go to a rave!" Pinkie yelled.

Everyone just gave her a dirty look.

"Yea, sugahcube. It was tha' thought of you that kept him goin'." AJ said.

Dash got up and came over to me.

"Is this true?" She asked.

"Of course it's true. I would do literally anything for you." I replied.

"Well, in that case. Get off your ass and show me the strong, brave, and resourceful man I fell in love with." She said.

I stood up, revitalized by her words. I looked around, the door was too solid to kick down. But, I bet the wall next to it isn't.

"Stand back, ladies, I have a rather explosive idea." I said.

I harnessed the dark magic in my hand and hit the wall next to the door with all my might. It exploded into rubble. We ran through it and up the stairs we had come in on.