• Published 19th Dec 2015
  • 447 Views, 4 Comments

The Return - R-Dashiefan20



The very fate of Equestria hangs in the balance when an ancient foe returns

  • ...
4
 4
 447

Chapter 29

A fluorescent light shone above us, lighting the room. I looked around and saw that we were in some kind of holding cell. I looked to the far wall and saw a cot with someone lying on it, someone with a very distinctive head of rainbow hair.

"Dash!" I yelled as I ran over to her.

I picked her up and sat on the cot with her head in my lap. Her eyelids fluttered open for a moment.

"Jet?" She asked weakly.

"I'm here, baby." I said as I noticed she was no longer wearing her wedding dress.

She was lying there in just her underwear and bra. Her breathing was shallow and she looked pale.

"What' wrong with her?" I asked.

Twilight came over and examined her.

"It looks like she's been deprived of food and water for days. She's..." Twilight started to say.

"No. That can't be right." I said as I pushed her hair from her face.

By the sound of her breathing, I knew Twilight was right. She wouldn't last much longer in this condition.

"No! I won't lose you again!" I yelled.

Her breathing was getting more shallow now. I raked my brain for anything I may have learned in the academy that would help. I couldn't think of anything. We were trained for almost everything, but not for this. I looked up with a pleading look to the others. AJ was trying to kick the door down, Rarity stood there and wouldn't meet my eyes, Pinkie had finally passed out and was sprawled on the floor, and Fluttershy was sitting in the corner crying. Only Twilight and Wind were looking at us. They both had tears in their eyes. Wind put her hand on my shoulder.

"There's nothing we can do. I'm sorry." She said.

I looked at Twilight.

"Isn't there a spell you can do?" I asked.

"I'm sorry. Not even magic can cheat death." She said.

I felt tears stream down my face.

"No! I refuse to let her go!" I screamed.

'We can heal her.' The voice said in my head.

'Really?' I thought.

'Yes. But, you must do something for us.' It said.

'Anything. I will do anything.' I thought.

'Excellent. If we are to heal her, we will need to take something from each of you.' It said.

'What do you mean take something from us?' I asked.

'It is the law of equivalent exchange. In order to perform a feat as great as this, something must be taken in order for something to be given.' It said.

'What are you going to take?' I asked.

'Nothing too important. We do not require much to thrive. We simply want what all others want. Love.' It said.

'What are you talking about?' I asked.

'We will take away a loving memory that you two share.' It said.

'Which one?' I asked.

'We will decide once you make your decision. But, we would not waste any time if we were you. Her life force is fading fast.' It said.

I thought about what it was telling me. If I agreed to this, it would save her life, but we would lose a happy memory of us together. If I didn't, I would lose her forever.

'Tick tock, tick tock.' The voice said.

'Okay. Do it.' I thought.

'Excellent.' It replied.