• Published 19th Dec 2015
  • 447 Views, 4 Comments

The Return - R-Dashiefan20



The very fate of Equestria hangs in the balance when an ancient foe returns

  • ...
4
 4
 447

Chapter 17

(Dream Sequence) I awoke laying in a field of black lotus flowers. I stood up and looked around, the only thing I could see was black trees around me. I was still in just my jeans and boots.

"Hello?" I called out.

"No one can hear you. We are deep in your subconscious." I heard a familiar voice from behind me.

I turned to see Luna standing there.

"Luna. What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I sensed that you were in peril. I entered your nightmare to lend you some advice. Your mind is slowly being taken control of by the dark magic that was in that blade. If you do not stop it, you will become a mindless puppet for Prince Blackblood, just like your team mates." She replied.

"But, how do I stop it?" I asked.

"You must find the disharmony in your mind and destroy it. It is the thing that my brother's dark magic feeds on. He makes those you care about into beings of pure chaos. They infiltrate your mind and corrupt you until you beilieve that that is how they really are." She said. "But, where do I even start to look?" I asked.

She pointed to a path between the trees.

"You must find your own way from here. Once you enter the forest of that dark magic, I will not be able to help you any more." She said.

I nodded and started toward the path.

"Wait." She said.

I turned to her.

"It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." She said as she handed me a silver kitana that had a pattern of black stars going up the blade.

"This will allow you to face any foe you may encounter here. Good luck. Remember, all of Equestria is counting on you." She said as she disappeared.

"Oh, yeah. No pressure or anything." I said as I made my way towards the path.