• Published 19th Dec 2015
  • 446 Views, 4 Comments

The Return - R-Dashiefan20



The very fate of Equestria hangs in the balance when an ancient foe returns

  • ...
4
 4
 446

Chapter 31

We ran through the dark hallways and out onto the walkways above the lava river. Blackblood was standing by his throne with his full armor on. The armor had somehow completely covered his body from head to toe. He looked like an armored titan. He looked over as we approached.

"Get them, you fools!" He yelled.

Midnight and Thunder charged at us. I jumped over Midnight and grabbed the sword off his back. I landed just in time to hit Thunder with the butt of it and knock him unconscious. I turned to see Wind fighting with Midnight.

"Go, I got this!" She yelled.

I nodded and ran up to Blackblood. Before he could react, I harnessed the dark magic and gut checked him. He doubled over and I sliced off his horn and wings with my newly acquired sword.

"Argh! You will pay for that, you piece of Equestrian scum!" He bellowed as he stood up and knocked me back.

"just leveling the playing field." I said.

He pulled a sword from behind his throne. It was a gigantic broadsword that looked like a blade from a windmill.

"Prepare to die! I will make you wish you were never conceived!" He yelled as blood dripped down the front of his helmet.

He swung his sword at me as I put up my own to block. My blade shattered almost instantly. I was knocked back several feet as he swung again. I dodge rolled out of the way and his sword got stuck in the ground. I harnessed the dark magic again and kept it knowing I would need it. I struck him in the ribs several time before he got his sword free. He raised his sword again and slashed straight down. I rolled out of the way again and his blade got stuck again. This time, I hit him right in the face a few times before he got free.

"Enough! You have nowhere left to run!" He said.

I looked back and realized he was right. I was right at the edge of the walkway.

"Now you die!" He said as he raised his blade again.

I took a step backward and some of the footing gave way and crumbled. I braced for the inevitable strike of the blade.

"Noooooo!" I heard as a black blur flew in front of me, knocking Blackblood over the edge.

I ran over to see what it was. I leaned over the side and saw Wind Storm hanging on with both hands.. I grabbed her hand as she slipped.

"Hold on Wind, I got you!" I yelled as I tried to pull her up, but she was too heavy.

"That's right! Save your pegasus friend!" I heard Blackblood say.

I leaned farther over the edge to see him holding on to her legs.

"Jet, listen to me! You have to get out of here!" She screamed.

"What?! No! I won't leave you again!" I yelled as I tried to pull her up.

"You can't lift us! Even if you could, it would just mean saving the greatest evil in all Equestria! You have to let me go!" She screamed.

"No! I won't do it!" I yelled.

"That's fine. Just remember, friends till the end." She said as she gave me a smile and let go of my hand.

"Noooo!" I yelled as I watched her fall into the lava river below.
"Wind Storm!" I cried as the fortress began to collapse.

"Jet, we have to go now!" Dash said as she pulled me my feet.

We ran out of the fortress just as it disappeared into the sand dunes. We made our way back to the airport and caught the first plane back to Equestria.