• Published 19th Dec 2015
  • 446 Views, 4 Comments

The Return - R-Dashiefan20



The very fate of Equestria hangs in the balance when an ancient foe returns

  • ...
4
 4
 446

Chapter 19

I continued down the path and headed for what looked like my home town of Mountgomery. The only problem was that it wasn't supposed to look like this. At the end of the road was a huge road block made up of broken car parts. I continued cautiously through the town. As I neared the hardware store, I heard an eerie giggling coming from inside. I saw the flash before I heard the sound. I jumped just a barrage of various tools flew out of the shop door and lodged into the building across from it. They had been fired from some kind of cannon. I would have just stayed in the air if it wasn't for my jank wing. I landed just as Pinkie came out of the shop with a black cannon. She had the same grey skin and black eyes as AJ and Fluttershy. She also had a giant creepy grin on her face.

"How do you like my death cannon?" She asked.

"I don't." I said.

"That's okay. Maybe Rarity can change your mind." She said as I was hit be and arrow in the shoulder.

I turned to see a grey skinned, black eyed Rarity armed with a bow looking at me with an evil smirk.

"You know, the impaled look really does suit you, darling." She said as she notched another arrow.

She shot just as I jumped out of the way. The arrow struck the ground where I was standing. Rarity groaned.

"Please do hold still, darling. I simply wish to make you a new outfit. It's part of my new line called funeral chic." She said.

As she fired off another arrow. I heard the squeak of the wheels of the cannon behind me. I knew I'd never win in a fair fight with either of them, I had to make a plan. I jumped up to the rooftops just as I heard a match strike. I ran by Rarity just as the cannon went off.

"Gah!" I heard her scream as the shrapnel from the cannon struck her. I looked back to see a black mist where she had been standing. I heard another match strike. I ran over and slid across the roof and grabbed Rarity's bow just as the cannon fired again and the shrapnel passed overhead. I stood up and notched an arrow just as Pinkie lit another match. I fired and knocked the mouth of the cannon upwards just as it fired. I jumped down and ran over to her, I ran my blade straight through her. Before she dissipated, she gave me a thumbs up. Even as a being of pure chaos, Pinkie was the strangest girl I had ever met. A light swept through the town and it returned to how I truly remembered it. I turned to see that the blockade was gone, revealing what appeared to a dark version of Canterlot.