• Published 19th Dec 2015
  • 447 Views, 4 Comments

The Return - R-Dashiefan20



The very fate of Equestria hangs in the balance when an ancient foe returns

  • ...
4
 4
 447

Chapter 4

"Well, now what?" AJ asked.

"I'm not sure. But, there's good news. If this bridge is still burning, it means we're not late to the party." I said.

"Party?!" Pinkie said.

"Not that kind of party, Pinkie." I said.

"We could always fly across and carry Pinkie, Rarity, and AJ." Twilight said.

"Oh. Right." I replied, remembering my wings.

"Sorry. It's hard to think knowing that Dash is somewhere right now possibly being hurt." I said.

"That's alright. You take AJ, Fluttershy can take Rarity, and I'll carry Pinkie." Twilight said.

I picked up AJ and lifted us off the ground. I got us over the chasm quickly and landed just as Twilight landed beside me. I looked back to Fluttershy swaying back and forth as she looked down into the chasm. Just as I was about to say something, they both dropped. Rarity screamed as she fell. I flew as fast as I could and caught them both just before they hit the ground. I joined the others on the grass above. Rarity hugged me again.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." She said.

Fluttershy stood up wearily.

"I'm sorry, Rarity. I just couldn't support both of us." Fluttershy said.

"It's okay, darling. Next time though, just tell us if you can't do it. We won't judge you. We know you're not the bravest when it comes to heights." Rarity said.

There was a crash from the castle ruins behind us.