• Published 9th Dec 2015
  • 4,461 Views, 262 Comments

For the Emperor and the UNSC! (Old version) - Titan Commander Sebaste



Gahhhh, I knew I shouldn't have picked up that Bolter at the convention, now me and my mate Sebaste are in Equestria having to face a slew of foes! My name's Sasha, and in the grim darkness of the far future... THERE IS ONLY WAR!

  • ...
50
 262
 4,461

Chapter 13: War of Shadows (Pt 2)

Author's Note:

Damn, this was the longest chapter I've done to date!
So here's part 2 of the beginning of my involvement in the War of Shadows!
Thanks again to Bronyparasite for doing this with me, check out his story on how the war is faring in Nightmare Breach: The War of Shadows! I hope to see you on the battlefield!

*3rd Person POV*
The portal had just closed behind Sebastian and Sebaste when they noticed one of the Alliance members running towards them.

“What happened!?” A girl in with pink clothes, and a red bow asked.

“Ahriman happened, we managed to win that fight but barely…” Sebaste said, “He somehow got ahold of one of our tokens and summoned us.”

“Well crap…” The girl said, “I’m General Blossom of the Alliance, I’m third in charge of that side, I’m only under my sister Buttercup and her brother Lee Connors.”

“It’s nice to meet you, the name’s Sebaste, my friend in the dark green power armor is Sebastian, though he prefers to be called Sasha.” Sebaste said.

“The force that we faced when Ahriman summoned us consisted of a bunch of Terminators, a cybernetic Rainbow Dash, an Anthro Twilight and a Khornate Berzerker along with Ahriman himself.” Sebastian reported.

“Glad you survived. I doubt many of the Alliance could fight them.” Blossom said.

“Hey! We got other problems, like Zatsune!” The Rainbow Dash lookalike yelled.

“Zatsune? Who the hell is Zatsu- SHIT!” Sebaste yelped as he pulled out his assault rifle.

A girl with long black pigtail and red eyes turned her arm into a cannon. “Where’s my sister!?

“Zatsune!” Blossom yelled. “Go back to the Breach where you belong. Hatsune is with the Neutrals!”

“Lady, I have no idea what your deal is, but your sis is not here!” Sebastian said, his lightning claws tensed in case a fight was inevitable.

“Yeah, there ain’t nobody here but us chickens!” Sebaste wisecracked.

Sebastian looked over at his friend, “Really dude?” He asked in exasperation.

Sebaste shrugged, “Seemed appropriate at the time.”

Zatsune pointed her cannon at Sebaste. “A Neutral crashed into this Universe. Her name is Hatsune Miku, the Alliance and Empire both want her, but she’s my sister.”

“Look, this is a big misunderstanding, we just got involved in this war and have yet to learn what exactly is going on!” Sebaste said, nervously eyeing the cannon pointed at him.

I don’t want to be facing another powerhouse like that Berzerker! He thought.

Blossom, the Rainbow lookalike, and Misty stepped forward. “Get out, not even the Empire finds your group tolerable, and that’s saying something.” Blossom stated.

“Heh, I don’t need tolerance, all I need's my sister.” Zatsune growled.

“If you don’t get out, we’ll show you the same welcome that we showed Ahriman and his group!” Sebastian snarled, “ And believe me, not everyone got away with injuries! Just ask that cybernetic pegasus Rainborg!”

“Wait, you hurt Rainborg?” The cyborg Rainbow asked, before getting slapped on the back of her head for focus.

“If you won’t give me my precious sister, I’ll kill you! Alma!” Zatsune yelled, and a little girl wearing a one piece red dress appeared. “Alma Wade, I think it’s time for some mind games.”

“Not Alma Wade!” A girl wearing a yellow/orange top with jeans and Pokeballs yelped.

Sebastian smirked,”If she’s a Psyker, I have the perfect thing for her.” He pulls out a Psyk out Grenade and throws it before it detonated in a flash. Alma reeled as she was assaulted by a wave of psychic white noise, giving Sebaste enough time to activate his thrusters and send her flying with a spartan charge.

Zatsune growled, and shot her cannon directly into Sebastian, sending him flying. “You just shot a child, I hope you’re happy with that.”

“For one, that was a grenade, and for two, it only stunned her, though it was super effective.” Sebastian retorted, before activating his jump pack and launched himself at Zatsune, built in Storm Bolters blazing, before slashing at her with his weapons.

“And for three, you’ve made a mistake in attacking this universe. You think that this was another world in your war? It wasn’t, Sebaste and I are new to this place, but we have defended the ponies here from many threats, and by the Emperor, I will not have some insane girl tear it apart just because she’s looking for her sister!” Sebastian roared, before his gauntlets started glowing.

Zatsune fired rapidly, and another person appeared on her side. It was a man with a bullet hole in his head, and a red aura surrounding him.

Sebastian held up his hands to brace himself for the bullets, but when he didn’t feel the impacts he looked up and was astonished by what he saw. Floating in front of him, surrounded by a dark green aura, were the bullets. He then smirked under his helmet and turned the bullets around to face Zatsune.

“I believe the phrase is ‘Return to sender’ for this one.” He said before launching the bullets back at her and her new friend. Most of the bullets missed, but a few managed to hit them.

The male just phased through them, while Zatsune took the hits head on, not looking like she took any damage.

“Hmph, let’s see how you’ll fare against a Primarch!” Sebastian said, before changing into Lion El’ Johnson, the Lion Sword in hand. He then launched a blast of psychic fire at them, the wall of flames screaming at them as it headed towards them.

Zatsune disappeared in a flash, and the male went underground, dodging.

Sebastian turned as Zatsune appeared behind him, weapon at the ready.

“Look, I don’t know where your sister is, but attacking this world is not going to help find her! Is this war really worth fighting for?” He asked as he readied his weapon.

Zatsune appeared in front of Sebastian, screaming as she connected her canon with his face.

“Was that supposed to hurt? Because I barely felt anything.” The Astartes asked, before delivering a punch that sends Zatsune flying into a building and knocking her unconscious.

“Next time, try not to threaten a world that an Astartes is defending…” He said, before picking her up and bringing her to the Alliance leaders.

“I suppose I have some explaining to do.” Blossom said.

“Indeed you do..” Sebastian growled, “I’m really getting tired of my world becoming a battleground.”

“Same here.” Sebaste said, coming up to them with the unconscious form of Alma, “Just how many factions are in this war?”

“Four factions we know about. Alliance and Empire usually don’t have to deal with the Breach, but since Hatsune Miku went missing, everyone’s after her.” Blossom explain. “The Breach are like Anti-Displaced, those few Displaced that were corrupted by Izra’s darkness.”

“Izra?” Sebaste asked, “Who the hell is he?”
“More to the point, what is the fourth faction?” Sebastian added.

“Alliance, Empire, Neutral, and Breach.” Blossom said, “And Izra is a Displacer wannabe. She wants Time Spinner dead, but with his death, also comes some of ours.”

“If Izra kills Time Spinner, the leader of the Neutrals, most of the Commanders, Empire, Alliance, and Neutral will die.” The girl with the Pokeballs said.

“If this ‘Breach’ faction is as dangerous as they sound, then shouldn’t all three leaders combine forces to defeat them?” Sebastian asked.

“Izra can’t be killed yet. And Time is stronger than her. When the time is right, both the Alliance and Empire will help Time defeat the Breach.” Blossom said.

“Hmm, well, what should we do with these two?” He said, pointing at the two unconscious girls.

“They’ll leave when Miku’s back home. Plus, we found Miku.” Blossom stated.

“Where was she?” Sebaste asked.

“Oddly enough, she was in Twilight’s place.” Blossom said. “Is it still a library?”

“Yes actually.” He replied, “She’s still a unicorn in this universe”

“But the question is, how in the name of the Emperor did she appear there?” Asked Sebastian.

“She’s a void walker. She travels through alternate worlds in search of new Displaced. Not much else she can do right now, what with Time’s obsession with keeping her out of harm's way.” Blossom said, “Oh, these two are Rainbine Dasher, and Misty.”

“Sup?” Rainbine said.

Misty bowed slightly. “It is nice to meet you.”

Sebaste took off his helmet and nodded, “Nice to meet you both, the name’s Sebaste, my friend is Sebastian or ‘Sasha’ to his friends. You had asked earlier if Sasha had hurt Rainborg, Rainbine?”

“Yeah, I gave Borg her cybernetics in the first place based on an inferior model of myself with parts on the Marine’s ship.” Rainbine said. “Also, Pinkis’ sister is dating her.”

“Well, let’s just say she’s going to be wingless for a while, along with being able to use one weapon as her hoof got crushed. She’s lucky that I didn’t kill her, but she learned that the Astartes of the I Legion are not to be trifled with.” Sebastian said, “I also managed to wound that Daemon Princess of Ahriman’s, Midnight Sparkle.”

“Pretty tough to do. My friend Rarifruit had a hard time with that.” Rainbine said.

“You remember that grenade I used on Alma? That was called a Psyk out Grenade, when it detonates, any human psykers in range of it are overwhelmed by a barrage of psychic white noise, allowing the thrower to get close and bring their target down.”

“Wait… Alma’s a ghost, not a human.” Misty said, and just then she screamed as she melted into nothing but blood and bones.

“Misty!” Rainbine screamed as her arm turned into a rocket launcher.

“Shit, what can bring her down?” Sebaste asked.

“I’m picking up movement by Rainbine!” Sebastian said, “She’s right next to her!”

The cyborg spun around, and saw Alma Wade standing right there. Rainbine screamed in pain, and she too died.

“Damn it!” Blossom yelled, picked the two remaining Displaced, and flew as high as she could. Blossom was suddenly inside Twilight’s library, where Bell, Revan, and Jubilee were circled around Hatsune Miku.

“Incoming!” Sebaste yelled before he and Sebastian crashed into the shelves.

“OOF!”

“DOWCH!”

“Something happen mom?” Bell asked Blossom.

“Sweetie, not now.” Blossom responded. “Figures they’d send Alma. I’ve only heard that those with Freddy’s protection can beat her.”

“Mom?” Sebaste asked in confusion

Before Blossom could answer, another voice was heard, “What in Equestria is going on?! Can’t a mare study in pea-!?”

Twilight came down to find a bunch of strangers in her library along with Sebastian and Sebaste.

“What the hay is going on here?” the unicorn asked.

“WE’VE BEEN SPOTTED!!!” Jubilee shrieked, then jumped at Bell, who didn’t move and wasn’t even fazed.

Both the Spartan and Astartes facepalmed.

“To put it shortly, these guy are in a war that just happened to find our world.” Sebaste said, with a pointed look at the Alliance members.

“You blame us!? Your universe, out of all the other ones, ‘summoned’ Miku here! A portal appeared in the void, and she fell through. The different factions came here to fix things!” Blossom growled.

“We may have joined the Alliance, but we will not tolerate any more ‘Incursions’ “ Sebastian snapped, “ You don’t know what we have faced here, WE’VE HAD TO DEFEND THIS TOWN FROM TWO DIFFERENT ATTACKS THAT PRACTICALLY DESTROYED IT! I NEARLY DIED IN ONE ATTACK!”

“ What my friend is trying to say is, we will assist you, but when we’re not on active duty, we will be defending our world, and unless it’s a major emergency, don’t bother us.” Sebaste said

Blossom glared at them. “I’ve fought the devil. The actual devil. You know what he did? He raped me. So suck it up bitch!”

“How did that even happen?” He asked.

“Why does it matter, it happened, my little devil spawn is trying to murder me, etc, etc.” Blossom said. “Anyways, I think we have more important stuff to deal with.”

“Agreed, we still have a ghost to bust.”

Sebastian said, “Any ideas on how?”

“Yes.” Blossom turned to Twilight. “Look, I’ll explain more later, but right now, there’s an insane child that killed two of my best friends. She most likely won’t hurt anypony here unless they’re royal guard or they try to attack her.”

“Can she be reasoned with?” Sebaste asked.

“She’s… A bit messed up. I pity her, but I don’t think she’ll just give up.” Blossom said. “Bell, take the Phoenix Downs to Misty and Rainbine’s corpses and revive them, then bring them back here.”

“What’s the plan General Egghead?” Jubilee asked, uninterested.

“Okay. Alma is a ghost, but she does have a weakness. A few, in fact. But unless you guys can call Celestia in the next twenty minutes to scare her off, we’ll need to kill her son.” Blossom explained.

“I believe we can handle that bit. Both Sasha and I are in the Guard reserves, so we can get a letter sent to her immediately.” Sebaste said.

“Just kill that bastard Fettel! He’s bound to do more damage, so kill him, and Alma will return home.” Jubilee said, tossing books off of shelves at random.

“And how exactly are we supposed to do that? Unless they’re vulnerable to plasma, we don’t really have anything!” Sebastian snapped.

“Paxton Fettel can get hurt like you or I, but he can fade through walls and control weak minded.” Bell said in a monotone voice. Sebaste noticed she was holding a green and black dog like toy.

“Um, what exactly are you holding?” He asked.

“This is Gir. He’s sleeping right now.” Bell said plainly. “Have you ever watched Invader Zim?”

“Wasn’t really my thing, I was more of a action genre type guy.” Sebaste said.

“Same here.” Sebastian chimed in.

“It had action…” Bell grumbled.

“Just be glad it’s off, Gir is the most annoying robot to ever be made.” Blossom said, massaging her temples. “Imagine a high pitch voice shrieking tacos all week long.”

“It was that bad, huh?” Sebaste asked, “I’m glad I never really watched that series, I’m more of a Transformers Cybertron fan myself.”

“The series wasn’t that bad. It was like an abridged series. But Bell made Gir with extremely annoying levels.” Blossom said. “But, back to our plan.”

“Where do you require Sebaste and I to be in order to get this plan to work?” Sebastian asked Blossom, “We might be able to stage an ambush…”

“Paxton isn’t that stupid. He’ll most likely be outside Ponyville, patrolling.” Blossom started. Bell walked outside by herself.

“Is she supposed to be leaving?” Sebaste asked, jerking his thumb to where Bell was heading, “Because I don’t think she got the entire memo.”

“I told her to use the phoenix down.” Blossom said. “Now… What’s our plan of attack going to be?”

“Why not just throw everything we have at him?” Jubilee suggested.

“No, we’ll need a carefully thought out attack to disable and defeat him.” Blossom said. Sebaste and Sasha heard explosions outside.

“Maybe Revan can use her lightsabers?” Jubilee suggested.

“I don’t know about you guys, but Sasha and I are gonna go see what the hell is going on outside” Sebaste said. With that, the two augmented humans headed out of the library.

Outside, the man with the bullet hole in his head was limping away from Bell, who was covered in blood and the green dog cheered her on.

“Well, at least we don’t have to go far.” Sebaste said. He then summoned a Plasma Repeater and opened fire, Sebastian pulling out a flamer and unleashing a torrent of flame.

Paxton fell, and disintegrated into nothing. Bell turned and walked away.

“You’re welcome!” Sebaste said to her retreating back. “Well, better tell Blossom that the target’s been taken out.” He said to Sebastian, who nodded.

They both turned and headed inside to make their report to Blossom of the mission’s success.

“Maybe he’s weak against water!” Jubilee seemed to be defending herself.

“That’s stupid. That’s like saying Superman’s weak against magic!” Blossom shouted back.

“Wait, he is.” Revan said.

“Or maybe he’s already been taken out.” Sebaste interrupted, making everyone look up in surprise.

“What? How!?” Blossom seemed taken aback.

“He was just outside the library, apparently Bell managed to injure him enough for me and Sasha to finish the job.” He reported, Sebastian confirming what he said was true.

“How- Oh…” Blossom blushed in embarrassment. “Forgot, she’s immune to psychic attacks…”

“Gynoid, I knew I was forgetting something.” Jubilee grumbled.

Just ignore her, think of her as a human Pinkie…. Sebastian thought to himself.

“I’m guessing now that you’ve found who you’re looking for, you guys will be heading back?” He asked Blossom.

“Yeah. The others already went back.” Blossom said, before turning to Twilight. “Forgive the interruption Ms. Sparkle, I’m Blossom Utonium. My organization was seeking out that sleeping girl, and a worse group tried to do the same but corrupt her. You have a wonderful world, and I wouldn’t mind seeing it again with less drama. I’ll even make it so nobody from the war can enter this world, that sound good whimps?”

“That, we can agree on, and we’ll be standing by if you need us.” Sebaste said to Blossom, before extending his hand in a handshake, “And I’m sorry if you were offended by us, we didn’t want this world to come to any harm, and as such, made us a bit terse with you. No hard feelings?”

“I was offended on so many levels today. Like any other Displaced, you yell at me for no reason but your stupid excuses. To be frank, you’re lucky I was the General of the Alliance you met. Any other would destroy this world. So the feelings are very hard. Don’t expect a warm welcome from me when you get to the war.” Blossom said, walking towards the door and opening it violently.

Revan looked at the boy's, eyes wide. “I’ve never seen goody-two-shoes freak out like that.”

Bell appeared next to them, “You should have seen her Hearthswarming Eve party with Iron Man, a girl named Raven pissed her off so much mother almost blew a gasket.”

“Well, I wasn’t trying to offend her, but I’m probably not gonna hear the end of it from her…” Sebaste said, “And Revan? I hope to see you on the battlefield, I’ve always been a Star Wars fan, when you first landed, I nearly fanboyed.” He then turned to Bell, “ Please tell your mom, I really meant it when I said I was sorry for offending her, and that I never meant to hurt her in any way.”

He then nodded to the both of them, “ It’s been an honor meeting you, and I look forward to serving with you.”

“Same here.” Said Sebastian.

Both girls nodded and left the library. Soon after that, the sound of a portal was heard and as soon as it started, it shut off. Sebaste then looked at his friend, “If I’m guessing correctly, we’re gonna involved in things that are bigger than what we believe..” He said.

Sebastian nodded and looked out to where the portal had appeared. “Indeed, my friend, indeed…”