• Published 30th Jan 2016
  • 1,555 Views, 138 Comments

Pokemon: World of Remnants - Metroid Prime



Arceus thought he could take both humans and Pokemon from their world and leave it to die. We'll just see about that.

  • ...
9
 138
 1,555

The Magma Corporation

Sunset could only stare at the owner of the hand that was held out to her, for standing in front of her was a flesh and blood human being.

"How is someone like him here?"

"Um, hello? Earth to Sunset?" Ruby said.

"Oh, what?"

"Dad wants you to shake his hand."

"Oh, sorry! Where are my manners?" Sunset said, returning the gesture.

"So, Sunset Shimmer, what brings you the Magma Corporation?" Brandon asked.

"Oh, ummm....I….it's complicated, really."

"I see. Why don't we discuss it over lunch?"

"Lunch?"

"Yes, everyone is waiting in the dining hall."

"Well, I am a little hungry." Sunset, however, would not admit she accidently skipped breakfast.

"Very well. Follow me."

Brandon then began walking through a hallway as Sunset and Ruby began following.

"Oh, I just wait you to meet my friends! You're just gonna love em!"

"From the way you say that, maybe I will."

"Yeah, Winter may look all calm, cool, and collected, but that just she wants you to think. Phyros is basically my big sister. She's really fun and has an endless supply of quips!” Ruby sighed. “But just don't get her angry. You will regret it. Yumi expects you to treat her like a queen, but she doesn't act like that all the time."

"Wow, seems like you got a colorful group of friends."

"Yeah, and I wouldn't trade them for the world."


When the three got to a room, inside was a large table with food in all shapes and sizes. Some seemed familiar like hay fires and flower sandwiches, but then there were other things she recognized from her time on the other side of the portal: pizza, tacos, hot dogs, hamburgers and empanadas.

Sunset's mouth began to water as her body tempted her to reignite her craving for pizza.

"Hey, Ruby! Who's your friend?"

Sunset snapped out of her daydream to see a Weavile looking at her. However, unlike the one she had seen back at the Crystal Empire, instead of the red "hair" and dark blue body, her coloring was mostly that of black, purple and a little white. Sitting next to her was a biped frog Pokémon with white skin with red spots on her knees, elbows, and ears. Across from her was a large brown and yellow humanoid creature with an oval like body, it had big yellow lips and her hair looked like it was on fire.

"Yumi, this is Sunset Shimmer. She will be staying with us and I want you to treat her like you treat the rest of the team."

"Hopefully she won't expect you to use proper form when addressing her. By the way, my name is Phyros. I'm a Magmortar. And the Greninja next to Yumi is Winter."

"Hello," Winter said.

"Um, hi! It’s nice to meet you all."

"You too," Phyros said.

Sunset then took a seat and proceeded to eat her fill, sating the hunger that was gnawing at her.

Soon enough, everyone had almost cleaned their plates before Brandon spoke again.

"So Sunset, you were going to tell us what you wish to find here in Vale?"

"Well...I wish to find redemption."

"Redemption?" Winter asked.

"Yes, you see, I was Princess Celestia's personal student, or rather, I am her student again."

"Really," Brandon said, intrigued. "I heard that the student of Princess Celestia was the resident alicorn of Ponyville, Twilight Sparkle."

"Yes, she is. I was the student that came before her."

"Oh, do tell," Yumi said

"I did...some regrettable things in my past, and now the Princess has given me a second chance, and, like Twilight, she has assigned me to learn the lessons of friendship in my own personal experience."

Brandon gave Sunset a look before smiling.

"Then you have come to the right place, Sunset."

"Huh?"

"You see, almost everyone here at Team Magma is looking for redemption."

"Really? How so?"

"Well, what if I told you about how, when my father led this group in the past, he almost doomed our home planet?"

".....Well, I'd say that he didn't come as close to what I tried to do."

"Okay, so my father started Team Magma as a means to further help better humankind in their ascension to a great and mighty species. Humans are, or were, the de facto dominate species on the planet. We had done many great and wondrous things, accomplished amazing feats. Team Magma wanted to continue that trend," Brandon said proudly.

"I'm sensing a ‘but’ coming."

"My father realized something along the way. If mankind were to continue to evolve as a species, then they would need more space to work, more room to live in, more land to populate; a stage to which we would continue to build our power. But most of the world's landmass was already populated, plus most regions were unwilling to expand and make more settlements due to the fact that it would reduce the natural pokemon habitats."

"And the solution was?"

"Expand the landmass. You see, in the ancient legends of my birth region, Hoenn, stories told of three children of Arceus, the Super Ancient Legendary Pokémon: Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza"

"Oh really?" Sunset remembered how John told her that legendary Pokémon are the most powerful and feared beings in the world. In fact, the Legendary Pokémon of Death, Yveltal, once visited the Crystal Empire to deal with King Sombra.

"Like other Legendary Pokémon, the Super Ancients embody the planet's natural forces. Rayquaza ruled the skies, Kyogre created the seas, and Groudon expanded the world's continents."

"So I'm guessing you father wanted to find Groudon and use its power to make more land for humans."

"Yes, but we weren't the only ones, because it turns out that a rival team, lead by a man who dad once knew wanted to awaken Kyogre to raise the sea level for the betterment of Pokémon. They were called Team Aqua, and they were lead by a man named Archie".

"Wow, what are the odds of that happening?"

"Yes, the two groups could not be more different in any more ways, and eventually the opposing factions found their respective masters of weather and used special orbs to awaken them."

"And, I suppose the two Teams fought each other to determine which dream would be allowed to flower?" Sunset concluded.

"Sorta. You see, my dad and Archie found that the orbs could not control the Pokemon and the two Ancient legends fought each other as they had a rivalry that stretched back to the time they came into being. Where Groudon intensifies the sun's rays, Kyogre causes an endless downpour. If those two went at it forever, the world would have fallen into chaos."

"But, considering you're all here, I assume that didn't happen."

"Yes, a novice Pokemon Trainer who had been a thorn in my dad's side for a while managed to summon Rayquaza to help placate the titans. Just the mere presence of the Sky Dragon caused the Pokemon to stop fighting and retreat back into the Earth."

"Afterwards, Grandpa Max felt terrible about what he had nearly caused, and as a result, reformed Team Magma into a more honorable group, one that would dedicate itself to the process of creation and not destruction," Ruby said sadly.

Sunset pondered the story she had just been told. This Team Magma had tried to do something good for the world, it just lost its way before a climatic event caused them to change their ways. She could almost see the parallels between herself and them.

"Question,” Sunset began. “This place is called the Magma Corp., but you refer to it as Team Magma. Is there a difference between the two, or are they just different names of the same entity?"

"Well actually, Magma Corporation came before Team Magma. Dad just got the name for the Team when he married my mom, the CEO of Magma Corporation at the time."

"Okay, so what does that make you?"

"Well, some years after the whole legendary Pokemon incident, I became the Leader of Team Magma and Magma Corporation after my parents decided to travel the world in order to better understand it. Dad once said that he must come to know those he disagrees with, even if their ideals clash with his."

"So where are they now?"

"Well mom has been missing since we got here. Dad tried looking, but got nowhere on that case, but I'm pretty sure she made it here."

"Oh, well, I hope you find you mother, Brandon."

The human gave Sunset a sincere smile. "Thank you, Sunset. I can see why my little Ruby likes you for a friend."

"You’re too kind, however there is one more thing I wish to ask you Brandon."

"What is it?"

"You said you are a human right?"

"Yes."

"But I was told that all humans were turned into Pokemon by Arceus."

"Indeed, that is true," Brandon said calmly.

"Then how come you and some of the people here I have seen in red clothing look human?"

"Oh, it's simple," Brandon stood up as his form began to shimmer until, where there was a human, now stood a black, bipedal fox-like creature with a partially red large mane and a distinct green and blue crystal around his neck.

"This little blueish-green gem here," the fox-like Pokemon said, pointing to the necklace, "is casting an advanced form of a glamour spell that masks all those who wear it in an illusionary form."

"Oh, I get it!" Glamour spells were an easy thing to cast, and certain items or special stones could be enchanted to cast certain spells like voice amplification or, in this case, a glamour spell. However, basic glamour spells only change colors and mask certain marks. These gems were producing the kind that could mask one's entire shape and form.

"Some of the Pokemon and a few unicorns from the city who helped teach them helped create these gems which activates the glamour spell when the user wants it. For a former human to take on their human self, they must simply ‘allow’ the Gem to look through their memories and copy the human form from that image."

"That is ingenious! I must say that not all unicorns can cast a glamour spell on the fly, let alone use it to enchant an item."

"Well, our Alakazam, Brainstorm, is the top scientist on the team. He has been learning magic ever since we got here. It only took him a couple of weeks to master the glamour spell and use it to produce these gems."

"Well, I must certainly meet him sometime," Sunset said with curiosity.

"Oh, I am certain the two of you will get along well. But I must warn you, he tends to guard his work. Afraid other eggheads may try to copy or learn from it".

Sunset chuckled. "I shall keep that mind."

"So, do you have anymore questions, Miss Shimmer?"

"Well, If I must ask, why do you wear those glamour gems? Is it so you want others to know that you're a former human?"

"Actually, it's more than that," Brandon said as he looked down.

Sunset looked at him with curiosity.

"I admit, some of us wear these gems because we prefer to look like the people we once were, but at the same time, it is for a greater cause."

Brandon then walked to the window and looked out of it, in the direction of the Hall of Legends.

"Arceus told us that he wouldn't turn us back into humans again, said that he did not want the problems mankind caused to ever repeat. He thinks he can do this by turning us all into Pokemon and waiting a few generations until we are all Pokemon in blood and name."

"Don't know why that's such a problem though," Yumi said. "After all, many of the bad things mankind did was because he was locked up in his room and could do nothing about."

"Yeah," Winter agreed. "One would think he could transfer all the good humans and Pokemon to an uninhabited planet and start over. After all, with him free, surely he would do anything in his power to prevent mankind from doing anything bad again."

"But llama god just had to pick an INHABITED planet and turn all of humanity into Pokemon against their own free will. Yeah, that is not goanna cause an avalanche of problems and grievances," Phryos added

"I heard that the last group who complained had to be ‘forcibly’ removed," Ruby injected.

"So, you see, Sunset, I speak for all humans who feel like this is just not fair, not right. Humans and Pokemon should choose which world they live, which form they take, and who they want to be. While I don't blame him for trying to keep his family of Legendary Pokémon safe, I wish Mister Maker could have given us a choice instead of just knocking us out and whisking us away to Wonderland."

"Well, I wouldn't say that. Wonderland doesn't have a castle built into a mountain," Sunset said sarcastically.

"Yeah, it sure doesn't. So I am going to show Mister God of Egos that I don't give a Rattata about how he thinks ripping us from our home is suppose to be a reward just so he can leave all of Earth's criminals to rot, when the bigger crime is thinking he can just whisk us all the way to another world just to protect the legendaries in his temple. While my father may have caused him some distress when he tried to control Groudon, plus the fact that he had been grounded for thousands of years made him understandably upset, that is not a good excuses to go rapture on everybody just to protect fifty-two immortals."

"Man, dad is on a roll!" Ruby thought.

"That is why we wear these gems, Sunset. The more people who wear them, the more former humans and Pokemon who join our cause, the more our beliefs will be realized and Arceus can't try and stop us with doing something that will turn everyone else against him."

"Yeah," Phryos said, "Last I heard, it wasn't a crime to change species, then go back and try to save a dying planet. What's he gonna do? Throw us all in the Distortion World?”

"If he does, then that's basically kidnapping and unlawful imprisonment," Winter continued. "And last time I checked I'm pretty sure even God isn't above the law."

"Right," Yumi concluded. "He said for us to follow the laws of these lands. He would be setting a pretty bad example by not following it himself."

"I see, very logical," Sunset was really amazed at how these people were going about their cause. It seemed like they had all the points covered.

"And even if old llama god still won't change us back, Brainstorm and others are working on trying to find a way to turn us back into humans, and if possible, open a portal back to Earth so we can save our dying world. That is our redemption, Sunset Shimmer. Saving an entire species and maybe even an entire world, is what everyone here at Team Magma wants."

Brandon then sat down, having said what he needed to say.

"So, who wants dessert?"


After the meal, Sunset had been given her own room next to Ruby. She spent the rest of the day familiarizing herself with her new home, intending to do a full tour tomorrow. After unpacking her stuff and setting everything up, the moon was high in the sky, and so the unicorn decided now was a good time to get some shut eye.

"Brandon and his family sure are and interesting group. I wonder what learning friendship from them is going to be like?"

With those final thoughts on her mind, Sunset then closed her eyes her body surrendered itself to sleep.

Author's Note:

Metroid: The ball is now rolling, lets see where it goes

Give this story a thumps up guys! It really Helps!

P.S. if you are wondering about the alternate colors of Brandon's Pokémon, that will be explained in the next chapter.